• 24,631 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,837 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg
EE867F13-8192-4B1F-BA97-B9F3A5869811 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24631 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 493.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alien will be plenty represented in the game, don't worry! This is just the shot map, more to the game than that.

There is more in the Alien/s Universe that could ever fit in one pin. We think of the big things but there are lots of rich subtle little things like crew insignias and corporate theme logos and such that will probably never make it on the playfield art as little easter egg gems as I imagine it would add to the licensing hurdles.
dsds.jpg
Weyland-Yutani_Coporation_Logo.jpg
Not that a lot of that little stuff is significant at all... but it would be cool to discover. It's really up to the passion of the Heighway team as to how far and deep they will go, but a pin with this revered theme only comes around every so often and Heighway has to know this will be THE Grail Pin to set them apart from what the industry has been doing for so long. I hope they make it really special. Of course I wouldn't expect to find the Weylan-Yutani Corp's Aspen Beer anywhere...Weyland-Yutani_Beer.jpg

But I digress...
start-your-day-with-an-egg-weyland-yutani-corp.jpg

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

We think of the big things but there are lots of rich subtle little things like crew insignias and corporate theme logos and such that will probably never make it on the playfield art as little easter egg gems as I imagine it would add to the licensing hurdles.

#1603 3 years ago

alienspatchset.jpg
untitled.png
logo.jpg

#1604 3 years ago

Dig the powerloader badge. So funny seeing that old Cat logo used in space...

#1605 3 years ago

Love that Bug Stomper logo. It was on the dropship, but kinda hard to make out in the movie. "We Endanger Species". Ha, great tag line.

image.jpg

#1606 3 years ago

If you dig all the logos and stuff in Alien this is a great read: http://typesetinthefuture.com/alien/

#1607 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you dig all the logos and stuff in Alien this is a great read: http://typesetinthefuture.com/alien/

As a fan, that was a great read. Thanks. Happy to see a tidbit of where you've been researching/preparing. All good.

I found this fact interesting: "Interestingly, the makers of 2014's Alien: Isolation video game actually reverted to 1970's video technology to make the game feel more like the original movie. The game's menu screens were first rendered in software, then recorded on to VHS video tapes, played on a CRT display, filmed, and imported back into the game.)"

That's going the extra mile...ha.

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

As a fan, that was a great read. Thanks. Happy to see a tidbit of where you've been researching/preparing. All good.
I found this fact interesting: "Interestingly, the makers of 2014's Alien: Isolation video game actually reverted to 1970's video technology to make the game feel more like the original movie. The game's menu screens were first rendered in software, then recorded on to VHS video tapes, played on a CRT display, filmed, and imported back into the game.)"

Awesome game. Can't wait to try it with oculus rift

#1609 3 years ago

Have the ball interactive toys been approved by the license yet? I know that smog in the hobbit was supposed to interact with the ball but the licence would not allow it.

I hope this does not happen with Aliens.

#1610 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks so much for posting this link! What an incredibly interesting read. Who knew there is a subset of individuals interested in typographic deconstructions in sci-fi cinema? Awesome stuff! Some interesting tidbits...

1) The Semiotic Standard: Nice to know what all those cool symbols actually represent. The hazard/warning symbol always used to make me think of Purina Dog Chow
2) The Self Destruct keyboard: Cool little backstory on it's design & phrase selection
3) No wonder stressed-out Ripley failed to stop the Scuttle Procedure....she was reading in French!
4) After countless viewings, never noticed the PURGE screen appeared in both the Alien shuttle & the Blade Runner Spinner car
5) Hit an Alien with Nitrosyl Chloride & he'll start screaming like a frog in a roomful of cats. Haha

If this is the type of deep preparation you're doing for the artwork & game design, they I think we're all going to be pleasantly pleased with the final results

#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Awesome game. Can't wait to try it with oculus rift

I downloaded this game from Steam, but have not played it yet. It's in my queue, but I'm looking forward to it.

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I could have read that all day long. Stunning

To quote

"(Okay, so she skips the “verify” steps. But, y'know: lurking xenomorph.)"

Absolutely brilliant

I do appreciate the hard work that's being put into creating this pin , that being said it must be a privilege working with some of the material at your disposal

Just try motivating yourselves for Heighway pin 3 ' Peppa Pig pinball adventure ' or whatever it's going to be after this!

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks so much for posting this link! What an incredibly interesting read. Who knew there is a subset of individuals interested in typographic deconstructions in sci-fi cinema?

I'm in that subset, I read that several times before Andrew approached me about Alien.

If you watch carefully in the director's cut of Aliens when they're in the scene where the guy approves Newt's family going off to explore you can see the evolution of the semiotic standards in the background. I think it's the only time they appear in the film. I've gone through the entire film taking screen caps off all the icons and signs and text for reference.

#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That site is incredible.

#1615 3 years ago

And another thing(s)

1.That screen is hand drawn 2.just look how convoluted the instructions are. Freaking awesome

image.jpg

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I downloaded this game from Steam, but have not played it yet. It's in my queue, but I'm looking forward to it.

I've had the game since it first came out on PS4. I only play at night with the lights off & my gaming headphones on for full effect. It's terrifying. I've had dreams like this before with an Alien chasing me. I've fumbled the controller right out of my hands & across the room when I hear that alien running up behind me. One of the best games I've ever played. And you get to re-enact some of the most famous scenes from Alien as well.

You will enjoy

#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

And another thing(s)
1.That screen is hand drawn 2.just look how convoluted the instructions are. Freaking awesome

image.jpg

Last time I watched Alien I noticed that's a grammatical mistake on that panel.

It says "INSURE" instead of "ENSURE"

Still a good movie

#1618 3 years ago

Need to play in uniform...this shirt from Magnoli Clothiers, and a pistachio green tee underneath.image.jpg

#1619 3 years ago

wow... that blog is amazing... love the detail.

Quoted from Aurich:

#1620 3 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Need to play in uniform...this shirt from Magnoli Clothiers, and a pistachio green tee underneath.image.jpg

nice, but $195 nice? that's a bit rich to plunk down to show up and play "in costume" @ expo. plus, I'd still have to splunge for the green tee

#1621 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Have the ball interactive toys been approved by the license yet? I know that smog in the hobbit was supposed to interact with the ball but the licence would not allow it.
I hope this does not happen with Aliens.

Is anyone going to answer my question?

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Hi Gabe - some have been approved and some are ongoing. This is all part of the licensing approvals process

#1623 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Entitled much?

The game is being designed. We will see it when its ready to be shown, both from a practical and licensee standpoint.

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Entitled much?
The game is being designed. We will see it when its ready to be shown, both from a practical and licensee standpoint.

I'm just excited about it. Hoping the license does not limit the ball interaction.

#1625 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi Gabe - some have been approved and some are ongoing. This is all part of the licensing approvals process

Hello Andrew....will we be in store for any surprises in a few week at the U.K pinball party?

#1626 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Hello Andrew....will we be in store for any surprises in a few week at the U.K pinball party?

We can only answer this closer to the time

#1627 3 years ago

Will their be a traditional knocker. If not could make it easy to add one thanks.

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Will their be a traditional knocker. If not could make it easy to add one thanks.

Interesting request. I agree. Go ahead & put knockers in all of Heighways pins, or a real cool sounding Stereo effect through the speakers would be neat too. Anything but a similar sounding squawk like on Sterns please.

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Our games are currently shipping out with real knockers in them

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Our games are currently shipping out with real knockers in them

Like this ...

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Like this ... » YouTube video??

And they say chivalry is dead.

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'm just excited about it. Hoping the license does not limit the ball interaction.

I don't believe that story with TH and JJP. Makes zero sense.

I'm excited as well for the UK reveal!

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't believe that story with TH and JJP. Makes zero sense.
I'm excited as well for the UK reveal!

What is the rumor? What will we see? Art work? PF toys?

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What is the rumor? What will we see? Art work? PF toys?

For quite some time the UK party is/was supposed to be the global launch of Alien and hopefully showing at least a "flippable whitewood".

All we have seen so far is an updated shot map.

Hopefully it will happen, really excited to see something besides paper!

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Be sure you have good 5.1 headphones. This game has the best sound design I have ever heard and most would be missed coming out of speakers.

Had I not used mine I'm sure I would not rave about the game as much. The developers really should have put a big label on the game box saying " best enjoyed with a headset" or something.

Man, the sounds in your head while playing this game...

#1636 3 years ago

Are all the alians movies good?

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

1 and 2 are awesome. 3 is pretty good too, but that's not universal. You can skip 4.

#1638 3 years ago

I have to know, are you going to give Wierzbowski a funny cameo or something in this game?

That could be a good little joke for the hardcore nerds, such as myself.

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

1 and 2 are awesome. 3 is pretty good too, but that's not universal. You can skip 4.

Its been years time to rent them again.

#1640 3 years ago

Has it been confirmed whether or not the "game over" call-out will be Bill Paxton's famous line "That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do?"?!

Because that would be awesome!

#1641 3 years ago

It has to be a sure thing! It is truly iconic and the first thought in many people's heads for callouts for this game.

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Love that Bug Stomper logo. It was on the dropship, but kinda hard to make out in the movie. "We Endanger Species". Ha, great tag line.
image.jpg

Spunkmeyer !!!

one of the greatest movies of all time. amen

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Has it been confirmed whether or not the "game over" call-out will be Bill Paxton's famous line "That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do?"?!
» YouTube video
Because that would be awesome!

Tilt the game...

"HUDSON! C'mere! Come here!"

#1644 3 years ago

"Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune. I LOVE THE CORP!"

#1645 3 years ago

Has it been talked about how many balls will be in the game?

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Has it been talked about how many balls will be in the game?

I don't recall seeing any ruleset specs yet. I'm thinking Andrew and Co. Want the pf finalized? How does that work? Endless licensing approvals at the speed of darkness?

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

1 & 2 are classic. The rest are decent to good. I really liked Aliens vs Predator (unrated) though...

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

1 & 2, as said already, are true classics
the 1 as the first crappy & dirty "space" horror movie, not showing much of the beast but feeling scary anyway
the 2, is pure action, we are the best but we got our ass kicked
about the 3, go directly for the uncut version...
i still love the 4 until the last part (the mother alien, the new baby, ripley and his "family")

#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about the 3, go directly for the uncut version...

I would suggest watching all of them as the Director's Cut versions. I don't even watch the theatrical versions anymore. All 3 films had significant content added. The Alien Anthology Bluray box set is the way to go, as it has all the versions of each film & an incredible amount of behind the scene documentaries.

The thing I found most interesting was the original concept of the 3rd movie, which took place on a wooden space station monastery. Shame they ditched that idea, but some elements did survive. More info for those interested...

http://www.empireonline.com/features/alien-3-tale-of-the-wooden-planet/

#1650 3 years ago

Do we know if The game will have RGB LEDs?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
There are 24631 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside