• 26,968 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by dpeck3
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,405 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EE510003-5EA7-4356-8DD5-FFD71C0D92E5 (resized).jpeg
AF40513A-84B6-4675-8AB6-8400C19A7AC5 (resized).jpeg
7B5C5317-4173-43C1-94F4-53227CB14011 (resized).jpeg
0F45C861-F947-4875-BDEC-3450C1EE5546 (resized).jpeg
A5F8F828-FCD0-488D-9D17-786D96194731 (resized).jpeg
50A93D8D-838D-47FE-9E49-A93E32867046 (resized).jpeg
D24E8FCA-2442-429F-8BB7-FDF0E71AC6C1 (resized).jpeg
2611C2CA-1B47-4D9E-BBEF-B8FA155E905E (resized).jpeg
C32AF76E-34F5-4A94-8190-1D59245906F5 (resized).jpeg
DSCN8112 (resized).JPG
DSCN8110 (resized).JPG
4BC6A8AC-05EA-4DC8-AF58-5301504336D4 (resized).jpeg
7ECA8D14-E8C1-4BBE-B5D7-819A8A9CB6FD (resized).jpeg
CF3024B0-5E1C-46D5-91CB-E7AC61A7E8CE (resized).jpeg
5E980883-925F-431F-A571-5F76F1539478 (resized).jpeg
6D23FF27-3B1E-4352-8EFE-9FF7738910AF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 26968 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 540.
#16251 2 years ago

Played 1 game on this last night, got to the 3rd ball and the game puked. Playfield entirely went out, artifacts left on the screen in the head and then it started to go into attract mode on the screen in the head. Tried to reset it and stayed the same. Oh well.

#16252 2 years ago

is this one of the new ones??

#16253 2 years ago

I've had an LE down payment from day one.

I see the recent comments but its confusing. What exactly is the revised price now for original buyers without the fiber optic ramps?

#16254 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I see the recent comments but its confusing. What exactly is the revised price now for original buyers without the fiber optic ramps?

Ditto.......they haven't given me any revised price or compensation option to date. Morgan did acknowledge something would be done, but they haven't decided what yet.

Also reading about " special deals" for some LE's showing on this container (?) Seems that those that put a deposit down day one, played by the rules, etc. would be offered their " deal" by now, as well.

I'll be happy to honor my end of the deal......show me some LE's, Standards, some unboxings, full boxes, something......

Why no pics of any boxes yet?

#16255 2 years ago

Haven't been a squeaky wheel, as I've been playing the crap out of my AFMRLE, and modding my BM66LE....but it's pretty much September.

I'm going to Expo.....expecting final version of BM66 code, and some Alien LE game-time when I'm there.

#16256 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed, I sincerely they don't hope to offset the lower agreed preorder price, by just not offering the the fiber optic and cabinet options. At a very minimum, they should extend the offer for pre-order customers to downgrade the LE to the standard at the price at the time.

#16257 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

At a very minimum, they should extend the offer for pre-order customers to downgrade the LE to the standard at the price at the time.

I'd be down with that.

#16258 2 years ago

I asked them that, they said NOPE! Would have to buy an SE at CURRENT pricing.

Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'd be down with that.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Agreed, I sincerely they don't hope to offset the lower agreed preorder price, by just not offering the the fiber optic and cabinet options. At a very minimum, they should extend the offer for pre-order customers to downgrade the LE to the standard at the price at the time.

#16259 2 years ago

I'm happy to take my LE, without optic fibers, no refund or adjustment, if it helps everyone else get their games quicker.
Just. Ship. The. Damned. Things.

#16260 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I wonder why not, it seems like a fair resolution?

#16261 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Confused....aren't you the one that started the angry refund ex-customer thread and were out?...Maybe Im wrong...

#16262 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

If that's true it's going to royally piss me off. If they told you that via email, would you mind posting exactly what they said?

#16263 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Well that is NOT gonna fly.

We don't wait years with deposit $$$ down from day one and then have the original deal changed on us without doing something to make up for it.

Now i get the fact that we are able to get our games from these guys that bailed Andrew out and that's great BUT I just need to know now what is option A versus option B.

Then i'll decide on whether or not to just get a refund of down payment.

Just clarify things so we can make an educated decision of what to do.

#16264 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

If that's true it's going to royally piss me off. If they told you that via email, would you mind posting exactly what they said?

I also made an offer to do the same thing to satisfy my order. I don't have a specific denial that i would post, but i was strongly encouraged to keep the LE order.

Didn't make sense to me , because i think they will be about similar money with the upgrades i wanted.

I am taking a more "wait and see" approach after seeing a bizarrely functioning game in person. So i am happy to wait it out for the LE.

#16265 2 years ago

This is dumb if true. They're incentivizing people to just ask for a refund and jump ship. And good luck getting them back as a customer.

#16266 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Confused....aren't you the one that started the angry refund ex-customer thread and were out?...Maybe Im wrong...

ALIEN REFUND? - From patient supporter to angry ex-customer - Poll

By PACMAN

#16267 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is dumb if true. They're incentivizing people to just ask for a refund and jump ship. And good luck getting them back as a customer.

I've been asking for my money back for nearly 3 months. Still nothing. They're not too motivated in that department...

#16268 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

is this one of the new ones??

Hamburg, NY (where the pinsider lists he is from) is dangerously close to Pocketeers, which is the one i played.

Guaranteed resets until fixed.

Still waiting to hear what is being done to remedy this case.

#16269 2 years ago

Just curious what was the original SE pricing?

#16270 2 years ago

Just shot Morgan an escalated e-mail, insisting on clarity on early LE adopters, and why there seem to be 2 pinsiders that still haven't received refunds.

Answer time........ (I'm truthfully not buying anything PACMAN saying, as he seems to have an odd reason for even being a part of this anymore, except spreading more contempt).....

#16271 2 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I've been asking for my money back for nearly 3 months. Still nothing. They're not too motivated in that department...

You're still waiting for your refund? That's total bullshit dude. WTF are they doing?

#16272 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You're still waiting for your refund? That's total bullshit dude. WTF are they doing?

I included him and Toads (only 2 I'm aware that haven't received refunds) in my latest e-mail. Enough already. Time for some clear dialogue. I want this pin more than anyone here, I can assure you....but something has gotta give....

#16273 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So they dumped the fibre optic ramps & gloss cabinets for LE preorders, and give you exclusive hand drawn backglass artwork that is useless if you install the 27" monitor. Those aren't great selling points for the LE. The beacons & inner side blades can be added to a standard. You really want to pay all that extra money for drawn cab art colored trim? Doesn't add up, especially at the higher prices for new orders.

They should do what's fair, and give preordering LE customers a free 27" backbox LCD in exchange for the lost features. But I think it's more likely that you'll be given a "discount" on a future Heighway title instead. The lack of specifics at this point is just another red flag. The fact that all refunds have not been issued is maddening.

#16274 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So they dumped the fibre optic ramps & gloss cabinets for LE preorders, and give you exclusive hand drawn backglass artwork that is useless if you install the 27" monitor. Those aren't great selling points for the LE. The beacons & inner side blades can be added to a standard. You really want to pay all that extra money for drawn cab art colored trim? Doesn't add up, especially at the higher prices for new orders.
They should do what's fair, and give preordering LE customers a free 27" backbox LCD in exchange for the lost features. But I think it's more likely that you'll be given a "discount" on a future Heighway title instead. The lack of specifics at this point is just another red flag. The fact that all refunds have not been issued is maddening.

Custom armor also included on LE's....worth something....I think you are on the right track w backbox LCD included or lowering of price as 2 options they are looking at for early LE adopters...

Being everyone wants all games to play identical regardless what you pay for them, I think some LE art on the decaled on only LE cabs would be awesome, in addition to game designers signature under the clear on the LE playfields (surely they havent made them all yet). Just some items that would seperate the models, and help justify the cost difference, imho...

#16275 2 years ago

And keep in mind all orders through Cointaker included the larger LCD upgrade in their price (for the LEs at least, not sure about the standards) so a free upgrade to the larger screen to make up for the fiber lights is pointless for most USA LE orders. A partial refund is the only thing that makes sense, or allowing those LE pre orders to switch to the standard at the older price point but I don't see that happening.

#16276 2 years ago

I specifically ordered the LE because it was the only way to get the gloss black cabinet. I wanted that because I thought it would be a versatile look for future pins. If this wasn't the case, I would have just ordered the standard with upgrades. I'm going to wait and see how the dust settles, but I would be significantly disappointed if I'm paying more for less.

#16277 2 years ago

I was also planning on contacting them when the time comes to pay in full to see if I could switch to standard. The LE is not going to be the machine I ordered without the fiber optics and gloss black cabinet. We have been missold a product so should be given the chance to switch. But do they even know what the standard prices were on specific dates? There have been a lot of small rises since the announcement in October 2014.

#16278 2 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I was also planning on contacting them when the time comes to pay in full to see if I could switch to standard. The LE is not going to be the machine I ordered without the fiber optics and gloss black cabinet. We have been missold a product so should be given the chance to switch. But do they even know what the standard prices were on specific dates? There have been a lot of small rises since the announcement in October 2014.

I know what it was when I preordered at the beginning of this year, I just checked screenshots I took at the time and the Standard was $1,700 cheaper than the LE.

#16279 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I specifically ordered the LE because it was the only way to get the gloss black cabinet.

Same here. I've thus far refrained from asking for a refund of any portion of my two payments because i really still want this pin, but if theyre going to try to screw me out of the preorder prices just because i want to downgrade to a standard after they basically pull a bait and switch, i may just go ahead and request a full refund (and be prepared to do a chargeback). I think it's about time to contact them as well, although i was hoping to wait and see what concession they came up with for LE preorders. Who knows how long that will take though.

#16280 2 years ago

I sent them an email on Friday asking about an update and just got a reply today that Morgan is out of the office until the 31st. After being told August for my LE, then September, and now hearing he told someone 30-60 days I've got to say even my patience is wearing thin.

#16281 2 years ago

Yeah, i did. I got sick of waiting and constantly nagging them so i just walked away from the whole thing. Since they still have my deposit i may stay in the game.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

#16282 2 years ago

Cointaker has said that there will be a refund for all those with fiber optic ramps including LEs. Price unknown yet.

#16283 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Cointaker has said that there will be a refund for all those with fiber optic ramps including LEs. Price unknown yet.

That's some good news at least.

I just sent them an email asking, in part, about both the LE concessions and the possibility of a downgrade, but it doesn't sound like i should expect an answer anytime soon if Morgan is out.

Still haven't decide if i want a standard instead, but if they're going to try to force me into current pricing that's nearly as high as what the LE was when i put down my deposit almost two years ago, I'm likely going to revisit whether i want to be their customer at all.
It'd be a shame if it came to that because this is both a dream theme of mine and it looks to be an excellent game, but I don't see expecting them to honor the prices at time of deposit as being unreasonable, regardless of which machine it's for and im not going to be forced into an LE that's been stripped to the point that it doesn't truly have anything extra i want.

#16284 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah, i did. I got sick of waiting and constantly nagging them so i just walked away from the whole thing. Since they still have my deposit i may stay in the game.

Ahh..got it...sorry, my bad....let's hope that we all get these freaking machines....SOON!!!

#16285 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

That's some good news at least.
I just sent them an email asking, in part, about both the LE concessions and the possibility of a downgrade, but it doesn't sound like i should expect an answer anytime soon if Morgan is out.
Still haven't decide if i want a standard instead, but if they're going to try to force me into current pricing that's nearly as high as what the LE was when i put down my deposit almost two years ago, I'm likely going to revisit whether i want to be their customer at all.
It'd be a shame if it came to that because this is both a dream theme of mine and it looks to be an excellent game, but I don't see expecting them to honor the prices at time of deposit as being unreasonable, regardless of which machine it's for and im not going to be forced into an LE that's been stripped to the point that it doesn't truly have anything extra i want.

You'll likely be offered same deal as Cointaker can give their customers. I am imagining a wag of less than $600, but that once it is factored into your prepaid LE, will make it worth your while. Add some extras and you'll be there! Is Morgan still on holiday?

#16286 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Morgan still on holiday?

Yep, gone until 8/31 per auto reply....

#16287 2 years ago

Is it too early to say that the new investors have screwed it up?

#16288 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Is it too early to say that the new investors have screwed it up?

To early if you're in this thread. If you're on the outside looking it it's a little too late.

They reached out to the machine owner that I know awHile ago to tell him they know he doens't have an alien thread (no shit), and he still doesn't have it so yippee!

#16289 2 years ago

I'm just speaking for myself here but if Heighway said, I can ship your game to you tomorrow with no fiber optics and we'll give you first in line for the next machine we make plus a $350 credit on the next machine, I would take it in a heartbeat.

#16290 2 years ago

Not too long ago buyers were anticipating getting no machine and having to scramble to recover any of their deposits.

How times have changed. I know people want to get what was promised but what if the new owners said they can't discount the preorder LEs a significant amount and still stay in business?

#16291 2 years ago

What have they done to screw up the situation any more, relatively speaking? They've knocked out "most" refunds, they're "starting" to get games delivered (hopefully this rumored batch will arrive).

The LE is now stupid/pointless....it is what it is. They are salvaging the situation. Sucks, but I'd give them somewhat of a pass while they cleanup the current situation...I agree they should do something for LE's for the fiber but I wouldn't hold my breath, I also wouldn't write them off because of the situation with this one transition game.

#16292 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I'm just speaking for myself here but if Heighway said, I can ship your game to you tomorrow with no fiber optics and we'll give you first in line for the next machine we make plus a $350 credit on the next machine, I would take it in a heartbeat.

I'm paid in full by the way.....

#16293 2 years ago

I don't think they should worry about the "next pin".. just get these ones shipping and refund the remaining people who requested it. Before peeps start lighting torches and organising a rally! Also hope they come up with a fair refund for the fiber optic delete.

#16294 2 years ago

Can someone give me a summary of what has been going on with Heighway lately? Are they having success shipping games under the new management? Have the new owners said anything about Alien playfield kits for us Full Throttle early-adopter suckers?

#16295 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Can someone give me a summary of what has been going on with Heighway lately? Are they having success shipping games under the new management? Have the new owners said anything about Alien playfield kits for us Full Throttle early-adopter suckers?

They used all our money to set up a really high quality grow up last I heard. Anyone hear any different? I can't wait to get my LE strains.

#16296 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

They used all our money to set up a really high quality grow up last I heard. Anyone hear any different? I can't wait to get my LE strains.

I thought they started a hydrofoil business.

#16297 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Maybe its just me, but they should straight up take $600/$800 off the price you paid. If you are a fully paid up LE preorder, its should be a straigh refund of the money. No switching of features(unless the buyer agrees)

#16298 2 years ago

Alien impressions.....

I found myself in Buffalo for work and decided to stop by the place shown on the recent Buffalo pinball stream to try out Alien. The place is called Pocketeer billiards and it has a ton of really good games. Met the owner of the machines who was really nice and helpful.

I was VERY impressed with Alien. The stream really grabbed my attention but to see it in person and someone that was critical of it's looks, I can say it's a very nice looking machine. I own a RR WOZ which I consider to be one of the nicest looking pins and I would compare this to that but in a very dark and twisted way - essentially the horror version. It's widebody but def needs it all, the screens are super clear and although I didn't think the screen on the PF was necessary, I'll take it. The cabinet was also much nicer in person.

The music and movie integration is amazing. I love how there are two different music themes for either movie (which you pick when you play a new game) - the effects are just amazing and the sound quality is insane. Prob the best integration I've seen period - topping Indy (although that is a close one).

The shot variety is very impressive too. That shot which flips up and then comes down back to the flipper is very cool. So many flippers, so many shots.

On the negative side - I thought the quality was good although not as solid as JJP. Better than stern though. I wish the pops were a little more intense. The game is DARK. I'll compare it again to WOZ in that you wish there was more GI although one could argue the light show makes up for it and I will say the color changing RGB really does a fantastic job accenting the modes.

Here is my bigger concern though - after playing almost 20 games, the machine froze on me and I couldn't do anything. In fact before I played the game, the ball wouldn't come out to start and the owner had to open the game up and replace a fuse. He mentioned that support is few and far between as well and he seemed very frustrated. For any Alien owners out there - are you experiencing the same?

With all that being said, I'm so impressed with this game that i still might buy it now. It's prob one of the best I've played (although I should mention that I love the Alien series so I really value the integration and I love mode games). On a side note, my time with Dialed-in confirmed that it has one of the best layouts in recent history however I just don't like the theme at all. The cell, the call outs, the music, it just takes away from what is a really good shooter. Removing this game from the list has really put the spotlight on Alien which is why I might be joining the inevitable club soon.

#16299 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He mentioned that support is few and far between as well and he seemed very frustrated. For any Alien owners out there - are you experiencing the same?

Is this a joke? Support?

EDIT: no, I was right

#16300 2 years ago

Read his post again. He said it's NOT there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
14,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 279.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 14,900.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 26968 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 540.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside