pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 601.
#16201 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

A 45' foot C-container takes 3 weeks to arrive from Southhampton England. Another 5-7 days customs approval.
A 45' can hold 45 full size pins on pallets. A 20' can hold 21, 3 rows of 7. It does depend on size of pallet.
Not sure how they would get 50 in one container.
Real question is, has a container left, and when?

That's assuming they are shipped by sea. Andrew maintained he had an inexpensive air/truck delivery to US that was the same price as ship/truck. If new owners have something similar, shipping 50 games to one location should be a piece of cake.

#16202 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

ACTUAL UPDATE:
I hope I'm not going to jinx anything by posting this....
Cointaker is expecting a shipment from Heighway to arive Sep 1. I only know this because I've been emailing both of them asking for any news on when I may receive the parts I need to update the software. Unfortunately, I do not know if this shipment will contain any new games - but it only makes sense that it will.
For existing owners, here's where it gets interesting. Apparently, its not just a few new parts. The early Alien machines that went out are getting completetly new playfields and new Zotac PC's. Cointaker is expected to receive about a dozen new playfields and replacement PC's in the Sep 1 shipment. My fingers (toes, legs and arms) are crossed in hopes that it happens.

quoting for an actual update and

#16203 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

ACTUAL UPDATE:
Cointaker is expecting a shipment from Heighway to arive Sep 1. I only know this because I've been emailing both of them asking for any news on when I may receive the parts I need to update the software. Unfortunately, I do not know if this shipment will contain any new games - but it only makes sense that it will.
For existing owners, here's where it gets interesting. Apparently, its not just a few new parts. The early Alien machines that went out are getting completetly new playfields and new Zotac PC's. Cointaker is expected to receive about a dozen new playfields and replacement PC's in the Sep 1 shipment. My fingers (toes, legs and arms) are crossed in hopes that it happens.

Quoted from SunKing:

ACTUAL UPDATE:

I have received this information as well!

#16204 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's assuming they are shipped by sea. Andrew maintained he had an inexpensive air/truck delivery to US that was the same price as ship/truck. If new owners have something similar, shipping 50 games to one location should be a piece of cake.

That would be TNT Express which is now owned by Fedex.
Not sure they do Containers

#16205 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you smoking some really good shit!!!

lol!

#16206 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's a significant milestone. Other than the Barcardi game, (old) Heighway has never shipped anything like that before in 1 batch.

If this is true....shit's about to get real....hooray!!! I believe the majority of the wait is long behind us.....

#16207 6 years ago

Andrew said a lot of things....
Pretty sure, facebook, 30 days ago management mentioned c containers by boat.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:That's assuming they are shipped by sea. Andrew maintained he had an inexpensive air/truck delivery to US that was the same price as ship/truck. If new owners have something similar, shipping 50 games to one location should be a piece of cake.

#16208 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I saved him the work:
I am writing this letter purely in the spirit of uplifting and sharing, as corny and dated as those sentiments may sound in the fast-moving and ever-evolving modern techno-plastic times in which we live. Primarily, I want to share with you my view that those who think that cannibalism brings one closer to nirvana should think again. It is requisite, even in this summary sketch, to go back a few years to see how it would be great if all of us could prescribe a course of action. In the end, however, money talks and you-know-what walks. Perhaps that truism also explains why whenever I hear Alien Pinball use a word like “electrotelethermometer” I think that someone must have given it a thesaurus without telling it how to use it. It would have been much clearer, for instance, for Alien Pinball simply to say that if you're like most people around here, you've already gotten into an argle-bargle at some point with it about where the free exchange of ideas ends and outright stupidity begins. In my case, Alien Pinball was claiming that matters of racial justice should enter a period of “benign neglect”. I, in turn, made the counterargument that it's its deep-seated belief that it is patriotic to make higher education accessible only to those in the higher echelons of society. Sure, it might be able to justify conclusions like that—using biased or one-sided information, of course—but I prefer to know the whole story. In this case, the whole story is that we need to make a manful effort to bear witness to the plain, unvarnished truth. A halfhearted attempt simply won't do.
To Hell with Alien Pinball! I find that some of Alien Pinball's choices of words in its squibs would not have been mine. For example, I would have substituted “evil” for “intercommunicability” and “dotty” for “chromatographic.” Alien Pinball's confreres claim to have no choice but to create anomie. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, jaundiced scoundrels. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand.
Although I generally try to be tolerant of unabashed laziness, defiant incompetence, willful ignorance, and combative arrogance, finding the best way to put Alien Pinball in its place is a challenging problem indeed. We must therefore tackle this problem with more determination, more tenacity, and more fanaticism than it has ever been tackled before. Only then will people realize that Alien Pinball's pontifications are based on hate. Hate, Fabianism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life. I suggest we point out the glaring contradictions between Alien Pinball's idealized view of mandarinism and reality. This idea isn't as outré as it sounds, especially when you consider that it is thoroughly versipellous. When Alien Pinball is among plebeians, it warms the cockles of their hearts by remonstrating against recidivism. But when it's safely surrounded by its servitors, Alien Pinball instructs them to propound ideas that are widely perceived as representing outright ethnocentrism. That type of cunning two-sidedness tells us that Alien Pinball thinks that it's a living bodhisattva of peace and nonviolence. What planet is it from? The planet Splenetic? All I can do now is give you a bare-bones answer and then let you dig into it yourself. To understand the basic answer you need to realize that Alien Pinball's undertakings stink. Let me express that same thought in slightly different terms: It's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of repulsive know-nothings like Alien Pinball can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them.
I like to face facts. I like to look reality right in the eye and not pretend it's something else. And the reality of our present situation is this: I call upon Alien Pinball to stop its oppression, lies, immorality, and debauchery. I call upon it to be an organization of manners, principles, honour, and purity. And finally, I call upon it to forgo its desire to instill a general ennui. Alien Pinball is unhappy that people like me want to encourage students to be bold, independent, and creative thinkers. Such cavils notwithstanding, I wish I didn't have to be the one to break the news that even sick-minded autocrats object to its self-righteous arrogance. Nevertheless, I cannot afford to pass by anything that may help me make my point. So let me just state that by comparing today to even ten years ago and projecting the course we're on, I'd say we're in for an even more snooty, headlong, and logorrheic society, all thanks to Alien Pinball's methods of interpretation.
Alien Pinball is a sore loser. Need I say more? I don't think so, but this I will say: We all know, in the world that surrounds us, that there are terrorists and home invaders and drug cartels and carjackers and knockout gamers and rapers and haters and venom-spouting faitours who scheme to hamstring our efforts to cast an unfamiliar ray of sunshine over the crapulous, thrasonical landscape of Alien Pinball's rodomontades. What is often easy to forget, however, is that every so often you'll see Alien Pinball lament, flog itself, cry mea culpa for blowing the whole situation way out of proportion, and vow never again to be so headstrong. Sadly, it always reverts to its old behavior immediately afterwards, making me think that my current plan is to express concern about its conduct. Yes, Alien Pinball will draw upon the most powerful fires of Hell to tear that plan asunder, but the dominant opinion of the day proclaims that its agitprop machine is running at full throttle. (Actually, its tractates provide a vivid example of how it is unwilling to entertain any opposition to its ideas and policies, but that's not important now.) Alien Pinball's jobations are not “supposedly” perverted. They are fundamentally so. In fact, because its jobations have so much to do with suppressing people's instinct and intellect, one might even say that I once heard a couple people ask Alien Pinball to comment on how out of all of the blinkered ochlocrats I've ever known, it is clearly the most inconsiderate. Alien Pinball proceeded to bombard these questioners with insults, calling them blathering, unruly preachers of allotheism and the like. Sure, Alien Pinball has a reputation for laying into its opponents, but this overbearing reaction fails to answer the substance of its competitors' points.
Regardless of what Alien Pinball seems to avow, our duty should be to nourish children with good morals and self-esteem. To make everyone agree to a specific, deeply political set of beliefs about how race, culture, class, and gender play out in our society is alien to this duty. That's why I want you to know that it keeps talking about the importance of its cause. As far as I can tell, Alien Pinball's “cause” is to concentrate all the wealth of the world into its own hands. It deeply believes—and wants us to believe as well—that its cause is just, that it's moral, and that the world will love it for promoting it. In reality, Alien Pinball's lickspittles are engaged in perpetual one-upmanship over who more deeply enjoys Alien Pinball's circulars. These are the sorts of people who can't stomach the fact that what I wrote just a moment ago is not the paranoid rambling of a malapert wacko. It's a fact.
How's this for an Alien Pinball apophasis: By claiming that it has no intention of portraying disaffected gaberlunzies as peddlers of snake-oil remedies, Alien Pinball is in fact acknowledging just the opposite. Specifically, it's confirming that it says that human beings should be appraised by the number of things and the amount of money they possess instead of by their internal value and achievements. At least we can't accuse it of hiding its prejudices, I suppose. Of course, it would nice if Alien Pinball were also to confess that not only does it impede every diplomatic, security, and social priority on which our government needs to focus its efforts, but it then commands its surrogates, “Go, and do thou likewise.” Alien Pinball's self-centered cop-outs have spawned an industry of consultants, advisors, and departments that, among them, have corporatized Alien Pinball's dream of producing a new generation of alabandical, surly traitors whose opinions and prejudices, far from being enlightened and challenged, are simply legitimized. Let me try to explain what I mean by that in a single sentence: Many, many people have been hurt by it for daring to put an end to its diabolical cycle of prejudice and reprisal. In fact, there are so many such people that even listing their names would take more space than I can afford in this letter. In their honor, though, I will say that the point at which you discover that Alien Pinball's unambitious capilotades serve as a stark reminder that anyone who questions Alien Pinball's warped view of the world is a threat to its tottering sense of reality is not only a moment of disenchantment. It is a moment of resolve, a determination that the time has arrived to make a choice between freedom and slavery, revolt and submission, liberty and subservience. We must choose wisely, knowing that if we fight denominationalism in all its infernal, self-seeking forms, we can live as truly free and empowered human beings. If, however, we let Alien Pinball prevent the real problems from being solved, we become little more than fearful, broken dogs condemned to exist in a world of doolally colonialism.
Shall we pretend that Alien Pinball is a wonderful, caring organization with no intention of leaving behind a wake of peccable reaction? That would be the easiest thing to do and would once again provide cover for the lemmings snuggled warmly inside their cocoons of denial. However, it would decidedly overlook the imporant fact that Alien Pinball pretends to be supportive of my plan to subject its exegeses to the rigorous scrutiny they warrant. Don't trust it, though; it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Before you know it, it'll force people to act in ways far removed from the natural patterns of human behavior. Not only that, but there are two kinds of people in this world. There are those who doctor evidence and classification systems and make revolting generalizations to support unpleasant, preconceived views, and there are those who keep our priorities in check. Alien Pinball fits neatly into the former category, of course.
I am certain that if I asked the next person I meet if he would want Alien Pinball to sap people's moral stamina, he would say no. Yet we all stand idly by while Alien Pinball claims that its debauches are the result of a high-minded urge to do sociological research. Other than that, unflappably immoral wisenheimers rarely question, resist, or protest those events that do not appear to affect them directly. For example, they ignore how Alien Pinball has been displaying an irreconcilable hatred toward all nations. I have begun to see, more and more, how our failure to extricate as many people as possible from Alien Pinball's grip is reflected in our failure to promote peace, prosperity, and quality of life, both here and abroad. The situations are different, of course, but also similar. At the heart of both is Alien Pinball's success at blitzing media outlets with faxes and newsletters that highlight the good points of its brain-damaged complaints. At the heart of both, there's a denial of reality. At the heart of both, there's the observation that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Alien Pinball had learned anything from history, it'd know that its serfs have repeatedly been caught beating plowshares into swords. I had expected better from Alien Pinball and its vaunted coven, but then again, my quest is to determine why it has been trying so hard to encourage and exacerbate passivity in some people who might otherwise be active and responsible citizens. I want to know the real stuff going on behind the scenes. I want to know why Alien Pinball periodically puts up a façade of reform. However, underneath the pretty surface, it's always business as usual.
Alien Pinball may have modernized the appeal and packaging of its proposals, but satanic proposals are satanic proposals regardless of how they're presented. Alien Pinball's objective is clear: to hammer a few more nails into the coffin of freedom some day. Although chimpanzees can be convinced to wear clothing, understand commands, and even ride bicycles (if well paid for their services in bananas), it would be virtually impossible to convince Alien Pinball that back when our policemen were guardians, not enforcers, they would have protected us from Alien Pinball's army of disingenuous maniacs. Today, it seems that most officers of the law are content to sit back and let Alien Pinball make nearby communities victims of environmental degradation and toxic waste dumping. That's why we must raise people's consciousness about its judgmental sottises. In the beginning of this letter, I promised you details, but now I'm running out of space. So here's one detail to end with: Alien Pinball is caught up in an irrational belief about its own powers and abilities.

I don't know what this game is but I wish I'd designed it.

#16209 6 years ago

Anyone know when they might ship the LE versions of Full Throttle and Alien? I've got to have my pinball high soon or risk going into withdrawal....

#16210 6 years ago

From me:

Since a significant draw for the LE was the fiber optic ramps, will there be any compensation for that feature being axed?
Will there be any additional or new art on the LE besides the back glass marquee?
Does the LE come with an LCD?
And when all is said and done do i need to contact Coin Taker to arrange final payment and shipping details?

From Morgan:

We are coming to a decision as to what replacement customers will get as the fibre optic ramps have been removed. We will be contacting customers and also publishing on our social media the details of any decision. The art package on the LE is what has been shown, which is to say there is a unique back glass art work that will only be available as a part of the LE and the side panels which also differ from those on the standard edition of the game. The LE does not come with the LCD screen as standard and has to be added to the order as an additional part. You can pay the final payment to us directly as you have made the order through us. The shipping will be dealt with via CoinTaker but we will receive the payment from you and the details of the delivery then pass these along to CoinTaker.

#16211 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

From me:
Since a significant draw for the LE was the fiber optic ramps, will there be any compensation for that feature being axed?
Will there be any additional or new art on the LE besides the back glass marquee?
Does the LE come with an LCD?
And when all is said and done do i need to contact Coin Taker to arrange final payment and shipping details?
From Morgan:
We are coming to a decision as to what replacement customers will get as the fibre optic ramps have been removed. We will be contacting customers and also publishing on our social media the details of any decision. The art package on the LE is what has been shown, which is to say there is a unique back glass art work that will only be available as a part of the LE and the side panels which also differ from those on the standard edition of the game. The LE does not come with the LCD screen as standard and has to be added to the order as an additional part. You can pay the final payment to us directly as you have made the order through us. The shipping will be dealt with via CoinTaker but we will receive the payment from you and the details of the delivery then pass these along to CoinTaker.

Hmmm, what do others in on a LE think would be a fair resolution to removing the fiber optic lighting?

#16212 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hmmm, what do others in on a LE think would be a fair resolution to removing the fiber optic lighting?

Get me my game quicker.

#16213 6 years ago

Lol, should include the non glare glass, dark game would benifit from it

#16214 6 years ago

Im really disappointed that they removed the lighting. It was my major reason to go for an LE. Now it makes no sense to go back to a SE since the significant price increase.

I think there was a retail price for the fiber optic, wasn't it? That would be a good starting point for negotiations

However, I would love to see some real LE custom art also on the playfield. Like the individually painted sparky from MET

Quoted from jonesjb:

#16215 6 years ago

Wasn't the ramp lighting listed with a ridiculous price of about £800 or something like that? call them out on that and say ' no worries, I'll take the backbox LCD instead ' as that was quite a bit less.

Edit, HLD shows the ramp lighting at £849 !!!! and the LCD at £549...so taking the LCD instead would be doing them a favour

#16216 6 years ago

I have been told via cointaker that we will be getting a cash refund (undisclosed amount) for the fiber optic ramps. I hammered highway about the lack of anything that makes an LE truley limited (besides the artwork). Their position from Morgan is that now that the game price has increased, it's a better deal that to go standard with the new pricing lol. I also asked if there were any plans or talks about down the road adding LE only modes or software to which he replied "none". I asked this since everything else can be bought or painted to convert an standard into an LE, so what truly made it "Limited", his response was the art....but you can buy Briens art and convert it into a translite if you're a fan of it....you just won't have the EL blades with ANOTHER queen. This is supposed to be two movies in 1 Heighway....stop throwing the queen from only Aliens on everything and calling it "Limited" lol. The only other thing he said was the stupid number...which only does anything if each game was truly limited and unique....not just 500 art packages lol. Also if you bought an Alien pin from cointaker......it's coming with the LCD standard. Just found that out after I paid for a commission on a custom backglass art piece to be made for my pin lol. I'll have to swap between the two. LCD for when at conventions...and my personal backglass for at home lol. My LE should be arriving next week!!

#16217 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Something of equal cost. No offense to anyone that wants glass as a replacement but I don't want a $300 sheet of glass for a $600 upgrade. I want the $550 monitor or a $600 refund. I'd also settle for the chrome package.

#16218 6 years ago

Its interesting that the LE will come with the translite and not the big monitor. I wonder how its going to look with the big monitor? Don't think you can just install it as the translite will need to be cut to see the monitor, right? Maybe they have a modified LE translite for use with the big monitor.

#16219 6 years ago

yeah, that sucks about the lighting. It was one of the reasons I opted for the LE. art is cool, but when choosing one art package to the next I could care less. especially since my game is going to have the LCD in the back anyway. So now I get slightly different side art and a plaque. does it still have the inside artwork, been a while I can't remember what the differences were anymore.

Guess I should be happy they aren't increasing prices for pre-order people. still negates the fact that one of the key differences is now being taken away from the original agreement. If it has to do with cutting labor costs, I'd be fine if they sent the el kit separate and included a slight discount for the time it takes to install, say 150-200. It's not like it's an iron man like playfield, so it might take a bit more time to disassemble everything.

I don't bother looking at LE's anymore unless there are distinct or after-market differences that I would probably wind up doing later anyway. spending another 1k for a plaque, artwork and possible signature doesn't make sense to me anymore.

#16220 6 years ago

They should just do away with the LE completely, and just provide the standard. Especially with the LCD, there is no point in the translite.

#16221 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

They should just do away with the LE completely, and just provide the standard. Especially with the LCD, there is no point in the translite.

Then you don't get the plaque and the cool T-shirt.

#16222 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

I have been told via cointaker that we will be getting a cash refund (undisclosed amount) for the fiber optic ramps. I hammered highway about the lack of anything that makes an LE truley limited (besides the artwork). Their position from Morgan is that now that the game price has increased, it's a better deal that to go standard with the new pricing lol. I also asked if there were any plans or talks about down the road adding LE only modes or software to which he replied "none". I asked this since everything else can be bought or painted to convert an standard into an LE, so what truly made it "Limited", his response was the art....but you can buy Briens art and convert it into a translite if you're a fan of it....you just won't have the EL blades with ANOTHER queen. This is supposed to be two movies in 1 Heighway....stop throwing the queen from only Aliens on everything and calling it "Limited" lol. The only other thing he said was the stupid number...which only does anything if each game was truly limited and unique....not just 500 art packages lol. Also if you bought an Alien pin from cointaker......it's coming with the LCD standard. Just found that out after I paid for a commission on a custom backglass art piece to be made for my pin lol. I'll have to swap between the two. LCD for when at conventions...and my personal backglass for at home lol. My LE should be arriving next week!!

I'd take the backbox LED as an exchange for fiber (was going to mount the translite in a lighbox next to the game anyway)

Getting your LE next week??? That's awesome!!!!....can't wait to see some unboxings of any version at this point.

#16223 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

My LE should be arriving next week!!

Was this confirmed?

#16224 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Was this confirmed?

Only for me at this point. I had an "agreement" (as much of an agreement goes with heighway lol) prior to ordering my LE from Heighway. It's supposedly on the ship with cointakers load according to heighway. We will see lol. No other LEs are being shipped yet officially to the states nor promised from anyone, mine was a 1 off per legal lol.

#16225 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Only for me at this point. I had an "agreement" (as much of an agreement goes with heighway lol) prior to ordering my LE from Heighway. It's supposedly on the ship with cointakers load according to heighway. We will see lol. No other LEs are being shipped yet officially to the states nor promised from anyone, mine was a 1 off per legal lol.

60 days on the LEs is what I was told. I'm still holding my ground for now. I would like to see how things shake out over the next month. My deposit is safe with CT and may get moved to SW premium, but for now I have time to wait and see how the early shipped games play and are supported.

#16226 6 years ago

I've been a strong advocate and supporter of Alien (check my posts on this thread), I'm currently in on a deposit for LE, but I'm seriously considering of dropping out if they don't reconcile the scaling back of the LE offering. I signed on for the LE for two key reasons, the gloss black cabinet and the fiber optics. If I had known what the LE would really be (and I still don't - I've emailed and haven't received any clarification), I may have gone in on a standard.

Total Nuclear Annihilation is looking more and more attractive every day. Heighway, please shed some light here!

What do others think? Am I being silly?

#16227 6 years ago

I didn't like the way the fiber optics looked when they showed them installed and honestly was the least of the LE features for me. I would be happy with a $600 discount.

#16228 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Heighway, please shed some light here!

I don't think they will shed any light here specifically...

#16229 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Total Nuclear Annihilation is looking more and more attractive every day. Heighway, please shed some light here!

Why not just get an SE with all the trimmings? I can't see replacing Alien with TNA but to each his own.

#16230 6 years ago

No way TNA over Alien, imho......the LE's come with gloss black, blue or green armor included, correct?

I was also thinking the fiber was an $800 add, not $600....could be wrong.

Regardless, it appears these things are going to be landing Stateside soon. I think until we see them unboxing in quantity, we are all still guessing/ speculating on timeline.

Perfectly happy waiting and staying in on my LE. Whatever they deem this version to be, I'll have their best version of my grail theme. I think this will be a journey ( still), but a very good outcome.

Don't have to be first, just need to get one...

#16231 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was also thinking the fiber was an $800 add, not $600....could be wrong.

I think you're correct. Either way, there couldn't be too many of us preorder guys left to discount.

#16232 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think you're correct. Either way, there couldn't be too many of us preorder guys left to discount.

I suspect more than you may think, but don't post much....just waiting it out....

Pretty confident there are even some that got a refund that are back in....

Tone of thread will change dramatically if/ when first container of games land....until then, suspect many will stay in the weeds. Theme and gameplay are just too strong to ignore. It will be the game of the year if they ever ship the damn things. What year? Your guess is as good as mine...

#16233 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yeah, looks like at one point there were around 90ish LE preorders based on that other "what's your number" thread. Very curious how many have requested/received refunds. Even more curious whether any have successfully downgraded to a standard and how that experience went. Anyone?

As far as the ramps, I'd be fine with almost anything: free shipping, a discount, free PDI, whatever, but would expect some concession, particularly since there won't be a gloss cab either (which is something I wanted even more than the ramps, honestly)

#16234 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

As far as the ramps, I'd be fine with almost anything: free shipping, a discount, free PDI, whatever, but would expect some concession, particularly since there won't be a gloss cab either (which is something I wanted even more than the ramps, honestly)

even shares in a hydrofoil start up business?!?!

#16235 6 years ago

I did say "almost anything."

#16236 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why not just get an SE with all the trimmings? I can't see replacing Alien with TNA but to each his own.

Agreed.

If I had to bail on Alien I probably would get a TNA...but that would be a last resort move. No way would I pick TNA over Alien.

#16237 6 years ago

Alien looks great. Has anyone Compared it's game play vs. Dialed in and Houdini? I only have room for 1 pin and trying to decide which one. Also it seems $8k is the price with LCD. What upgrades should be considered?

Also did I read the playfield can be changed to another game? Is this wide body?

#16238 6 years ago

Hi

About the list of LE games , not all games are in that list .

I have orderd several LE for selling in Sweden ( we are the distributor for Sweden ) and my games are not on this list so far .

I think we talking about all the games the distributors have orderd and still not have find its end buyer.

Dont know who manny it can be , but it is a darknes of numbers in them.

#16239 6 years ago

My apologies for going a bit backward....I caught up to a week of posts here.

I am curious as to the end result, What Bulbs Andrew used....
Can a new game owner that has recently received share?

Is it still the 5 SMD RGB Towers, that I saw in Chicago?

I ask now, as Andrew is gone, and we spent some time where I made a few Protos, (Op-Max in RGB) to improve the
lighting, as well as bid on the bulbs he was using.

My work never went anywhere, but beyond the first Batch, i never knew what he ended up using.

#16240 6 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Hi
About the list of LE games , not all games are in that list .
I have orderd several LE for selling in Sweden ( we are the distributor for Sweden ) and my games are not on this list so far .
I think we talking about all the games the distributors have orderd and still not have find its end buyer.
Dont know who manny it can be , but it is a darknes of numbers in them.

That's great news!!! I had expressed when starting that thread it was probably only partial, and the # at that time was probably closer to 150 or so.....thanks for the update!!!

#16241 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Alien looks great. Has anyone Compared it's game play vs. Dialed in and Houdini? I only have room for 1 pin and trying to decide which one. Also it seems $8k is the price with LCD. What upgrades should be considered?
Also did I read the playfield can be changed to another game? Is this wide body?

Well I'm just not a Dialed In fan... so Alien over it is a no brainer for me. Houdini looks good to me but again I think you get A LOT more game for your money from Alien.

#16242 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well I'm just not a Dialed In fan... so Alien over it is a no brainer for me.

THIS!!!

#16243 6 years ago

Anyone in NYC area getting an Alien? I'd love to see one before making such a big purchase.

#16244 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if my motives are clear, you have my permission to post them. be my guest. let all the world know. i believe i spelled them out quite eloquently in my last post.
i sincerely requested info from you and you are not responding in kind. if you believe i would alter figures, you are more than welcome to post your audits publicly on this thread or via youtube. the same concern exists on my end if i requested only specific metrics of you. the info is not overly important, or necessary. it would have helped. i told you good, bad, indifferent, i would have used it.
it is a design choice, and IMHO a poor one. you may call if a 'fault' or 'flaw', but it is hardly imaginary. everything else about the game is great, but i assure you, some number of people will view the game in a different light.

we are limited to what data is avail, given so few machines in the wild at this time. still, any backglass is better than no backglass. it is Hilton's contention that his route players are enjoying alien, the game plays well, and is dialed in at the optimum pitch. his data would have provided a cursory look. agree that audits of games owned by skilled players will reflect their level [like #636 ranked joe schober, for example], and their accomplishments will exceed recreational players. still, i don't feel that this is going to be looked upon as a skill issue.
ghostbusters. that game has only two flippers, right?

hillton, i advised you not to try and defend what you don't know you are defending against. i wouldn't want people using your statements against you later. that's why we have miranda rights.
agree. code is terrific. i will be providing some constructive software suggestions myself that may improve game play. if they are considered, fine. this is not a witch hunt on my part.

when something is finished, that's the time to critique it. the machine is complete, what do you think? then again, maybe pinball has it right. criticize when it's a work in progress; then when its done, don't talk about it because nothing is gonna be changing.

Bizarre and narcissistic posts from from GreenHornet. Wait......I know who you are!!!!....are you trying to:
Make Pinball Great Again?

#16245 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Anyone in NYC area getting an Alien? I'd love to see one before making such a big purchase.

I'm planning on getting a LE.

#16246 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is it still the 5 SMD RGB Towers, that I saw in Chicago?

Machines shipping now have single-element GI lamps. Still full RGB, of course.

#16247 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Machines shipping now have single-element GI lamps. Still full RGB, of course.

Thank you, so a 1 SMD 5050 programmable RGB instead of the 5...cost savings, and failure rate.
Reduced brightness from prototypes more than 4x.

Do most feel it needs spots?

#16248 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thank you, so a 1 SMD 5050 programmable RGB instead of the 5...cost savings, and failure rate.
Reduced brightness from prototypes more than 4x.
Do most feel it needs spots?

Is this whats in JJP pins?

#16249 6 years ago

Not in earlier WOZ, and and the last I saw in the Hobbit, they were brighter Light Tubes then WOZ.
The add on RGB strands from others, are pre-wired, I believe a 1 SMD 5050.

It works fine, and is more reliable, its more that the brightness would change on the playfield significantly when it goes from white to darker colors, becoming darker, which is a quick eye adjustment, and everyones eyes are different.

Best help if needed is adding spots, or wrap around strip.

#16250 6 years ago

I imagine there will be an aftermarket option for the fiber optic ramps. I'm just glad the new investors are going to honor paid in full buyers of the LE like me. I just want the game, which I believe will be the best pin of 2017 (or 2018).
Hurry. I can't wait much longer - am having withdrawal...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/325 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.