DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 601.
#16001 6 years ago

thanks I will. I'm thinking more about it and will prob wait for used. Game looks good though. Wish the exterior was nicer but the game itself looks good.

#16002 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks I will. I'm thinking more about it and will prob wait for used. Game looks good though. Wish the exterior was nicer but the game itself looks good.

I find the game looks pretty stunning in person, esp. with the lit side art. Really stands out from the crowd, in a good way IMHO.

#16003 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I find the game looks pretty stunning in person, esp. with the lit side art. Really stands out from the crowd, in a good way IMHO.

these games look incredible in "arcade lighting", the lit artwork really stands out. Maybe people forget the cabinets are interchangeable for use w/kits?

#16004 6 years ago

Is it true that UK price is now £7,500 (up from £5,500) and can only be purchased via Home Leisure Direct, not directly? If this is the case, you've lost my custom Heighway Pinball.

#16005 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Is it true that UK price is now £7,500 (up from £5,500) and can only be purchased via Home Leisure Direct, not directly? If this is the case, you've lost my custom Heighway Pinball. What a fucking joke. A 'deserve to fail' if true.

Seems like the euro prices have been changed too:

Full Throttle (LE) € 7495 (€ 8295)
Alien (LE) € 7795 (€ 8995)
FT kit € 5595
Alien kit € 5995
----------------------------------------------------------
Old prices April 2017:

Full Throttle (LE) € 6450 (€ 7580)
Alien (LE) € 6750 (€ 7950)
FT kit € 4190
Alien kit € 4390
----------------------------------------------------------
Info gathered from http://www.rs-pinball.at

That are huge price increases.

Also seems that the kits are unevenly increased in price compared to complete versions of the pin. A bit strange as Heighway pretends that interchangeability of the playfields is one of their unique selling points.

#16006 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Is it true that UK price is now £7,500 (up from £5,500) and can only be purchased via Home Leisure Direct, not directly? If this is the case, you've lost my custom Heighway Pinball. What a fucking joke. A 'deserve to fail' if true.

I'm afraid so, the only people in the uk who will buy one now are HLD customers who know no better ( ALL of their machines are ridiculously overpriced, they sell a lot more than pinball machines, snooker/pool tables etc to very well off people mainly ). The base machine is now £1200 more than a stern pro, whereas before the increase it was actually well below a pro.

#16007 6 years ago

Those new kit prices are insane, they will change the price or sell next to none.

#16008 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

$10K by next ALIEN day...

10000-dollar-bill (resized).jpg10000-dollar-bill (resized).jpg

#16009 6 years ago

You have to charge that much when you only pump out 3 machines a year

#16010 6 years ago

Looks like no kits for me!

#16011 6 years ago

Incredibly glad they are not raising the price for early adopters with $$$ in.....I ask again....have any more of these shipped since the 4 Melissa got? Just curious, as I think they were starting mass shipping this week ( maybe some pics or something)?

#16012 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Looks like no kits for me!

That can't be the price--$6600 USD for a kit? No way.

Why does this Euro dealer have kit pricing and Cointaker does not? Nitro doesn't either. HLD doesn't in UK. Have the "new" guys listed any kit prices elsewhere?

#16013 6 years ago

what was the cost for early adopters?

#16014 6 years ago

I have wondered on occasion if they will still continue the swappable playfield concept...always seemed costly to me, from a manufacturers standpoint.

Couldn't they upgrade Full Throttles, Make Alien, and just compete that way...with new titles ( all stand alone machines)?

Risk vs. reward might outweigh the kit concept, as they might save some engineering costs....just being speculative, and possibly why the kits are skyrocketing in price...IDK

#16015 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Totally depends on when you got in. Prices kept rising over a two year period.

#16016 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

When first released it was £4800.

#16017 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Full Throttle (LE) € 7495 (€ 8295)
Alien (LE) € 7795 (€ 8995)
FT kit € 5595
Alien kit € 5995

A FT owner interested in Alien SE would only save 1800 euros by ordering a kit... 23%. The kit now represents 77% of the cost of a full game!

As if HP itself does not believe anymore in the kit concept...

#16018 6 years ago

Do you think an empty cabinet is worth more than 1800 Euros? I would think most of pricing would go into the playfield and game development.

#16019 6 years ago

If there are no more kits to come , Heighway has no worries about backwards compatibility/wide narrow bodies etc.

#16020 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

A FT owner interested in Alien SE would only save 1800 euros by ordering a kit... 23%. The kit now represents 77% of the cost of a full game!
As if HP itself does not believe anymore in the kit concept...

The kit concept was a USP that really was never going to catch on and it hasn't.

And with these price increases, sales aren't going to be great with the CGC pumping out AFMR, Stern games, TNA, DI, ( Houdini on the way ).

#16021 6 years ago

I was close to buying one, but due to the price increase I'm out now.

#16022 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The kit concept was a USP that really was never going to catch on and it hasn't.
And with these price increases, sales aren't going to be great with the CGC pumping out AFMR, Stern games, TNA, DI, ( Houdini on the way ).

Exactly my thought for sometime. My AlienLE ( if I ever get it), was never going to be swapped with anything from day 1.

If they focus on getting games out the door, the " swappable" idea simply becomes a quick way to yank the playfield for service, and could potentially see a ve savings down the road.

Then they can focus on the game itself...maybe add art to the cabinet to go along w the lit panels, and let these things stand on their own. Opens alot of doors and addresses several issues all at once ( an LE can have exclusive artwork beyond the translite, standards could get propietary treatment as well on the cabinet side, etc.

Some great games out there....please dont let this theme die!!!

#16023 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I was close to buying one, but due to the price increase I'm out now.

Hey, don't forget according to HLD you are saving £500 on the RRP , how they get away with this shit is anyone's guess. They even have RRP for 30 year old machines. .

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#16024 6 years ago

Finance a toy at 19.9% APR???

And we wonder why people have no retirement savings...

#16025 6 years ago

Ripoff Britain in action. Ripoff company too. I have to say, if this is the business acumen that is to come, they have no chance!

#16026 6 years ago

I'll wait for pricing direct from Heighway before I worry about what a dealer charges, especially that one. If an increase is what it will take to get this pin out and hopefully continue making games then so be it, could it backfire and sink them, time will tell.

#16027 6 years ago

In the UK we are no longer able to buy direct from HP, which is why we're upset (also because of the price hike). They've also chosen a renowned expensive dealer to sell through, rather than one of the better dealers such as Pinball Heaven.

I'd sort of planned in a couple of months to go to the factory, do a tour, play a few games, and maybe order a machine. But not going to be possible now, sadly. What a shame. Finally, a UK manufacturer and then they do this!

#16028 6 years ago

I was all over the kit concept and was prepared to buy Alien with a Full Throttle kit as soon as they proved stability going forward. The new prices are crazy, especially for the kits. I always liked the gameplay of Full Throttle better than Alien, but I'm not going $6K+ for one. Oh well, good thing I have P3 and TNA coming, cause it looks like I'm out on Heighway for the time being.

#16029 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

but I'm not going $6K+ for one

I'd like confirmation officially on the price

#16030 6 years ago

Does VAT come into play for any of the U.K. Customers? I know when I do business in the EU it's always a constant concern as 20% can totally turn a deal upside down. If the old prices were £4800 incl. 20%. VAT, then no wonder they ran out of money.

#16031 6 years ago

I am not surprised prices went up. Seems excessive though. My guess is the new owners didn't have much of a choice in order to start moving towards profitability, hopefully it won't kill things before they even get going.

#16032 6 years ago

I'm not happy prices are going up for others, but I am happy now that I paid in full back in March. The $8k I spent then will now get me a $9k+ game. I couldn't have gotten that kinda return in my money outside of Vegas!

#16033 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I'm not happy prices are going up for others, but I am happy now that I paid in full back in March. The $8k I spent then will now get me a $9k+ game. I couldn't have gotten that kinda return in my money outside of Vegas!

Was that an LE?

#16034 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

It's only an ROI if you can actually cash out for the difference.

#16035 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

True...I'm just grateful that the original price will be honored, along with " early adopter consideration". Anxious to see what they come up with for LE preorders, knowing the fiber has been scrapped.

Regardless, I'm in a good way for this machine, and can't wait to see more unboxings!!!

#16036 6 years ago

I would have had a better deal if I had left funds with Heighway but feel much better with my money back in Canada, still getting the game, was hoping for an update this week, production line buzzing and what not, hopefully we will get some news next week.

#16037 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Was that an LE?

SE with extras.

Quoted from Astropin:

Nah, not really. Had I not paid $8k then I'd pay $9k today, no sale needed.

#16038 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Quoted from sed6:

Nah, not really. Had I not paid $8k then I'd pay $9k today, no sale needed.

i believe his implication is that your ROI on paper means little if you don't get delivery of a game.

#16039 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i believe his implication is that your ROI on paper means little if you don't get delivery of a game.

Ah. I'm a glass half full kinda guy, always looking on the bright side, so that went right over my head! Me forgets the world's full of negative Nancy's.

#16040 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Nope...I think Alien will ship. Just not convinced it will hold it's value if the company goes under soon after.

Of course the opposite could happen and the value could skyrocket because of low production numbers. One never knows.

#16041 6 years ago

The LE was £6500 now it's £8500

I was going to go in on one at the first price as being in the UK it's highly comparable to buying a Stern or CGC pin

Now it's not as seeing as the quality is no where near as good and the company is dodgy I'm out

They have really fcked their UK market with this

Maybe that had to do it for business reasons but I can't see anyway out for them now

#16042 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

They've also chosen a renowned expensive dealer to sell through, rather than one of the better dealers such as Pinball Heaven.

TBH I'm a bit puzzled why they went with HLD and not Pinball Heaven. But in any case the UK market is quite small, comparatively. Not a huge operators market, especially when factoring in JJP/Stern. I guess their thinking is to focus on CT in the USA.

Didn't they say they'd have 150 machines shipped by now?

#16043 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

The LE was £6500 now it's £8500

I guess the problem also lies in the fact that the value of the pound is much less now compared to the dollar. I guess a lot of parts need to be bought in USD and that might have something to do with the rise in GBP.

I know for a fact that for a lot of other products prices in pounds have gone up while the price in dollars did not.

Furthermore they did announce that this would happen, only not how much more the price would become.

#16044 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

TBH I'm a bit puzzled why they went with HLD and not Pinball Heaven. But in any case the UK market is quite small, comparatively. Not a huge operators market, especially when factoring in JJP/Stern. I guess their thinking is to focus on CT in the USA.
Didn't they say they'd have 150 machines shipped by now?

I'd be surprised if any other distrib in the UK would have touched Heighway kit with a barge pole.

#16045 6 years ago

Pound value was $1.45 pre-Brexit vote, now is $1.30- a 10% drop. The price of LE has gone up by 31%. Pinonomics?

#16046 6 years ago

As for UK distributor, not necessary. I'd have hired a van and driven to Wales Not now obviously.

#16047 6 years ago

All pricing on Alien in Austria. Pricing on the SE is more or less in line with a Stern Pro over here, 'just' a few 100 EUR more. Pricing includes VAT

IMG_3312 (resized).PNGIMG_3312 (resized).PNG

#16048 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

All pricing on Alien in Austria.

That might be pre the increased price as it still offers an option for the 27".

#16049 6 years ago

I double checked and found out that the PDF is different as their Webshop. SE pricing is according to the Webshop:

IMG_3313 (resized).PNGIMG_3313 (resized).PNG

#16050 6 years ago

It would be nice to have another source for the price of the kit other than one Austrian website.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/321?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.