• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 494.
#15851 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So it sounds like it is likely they aren't going to continue to do the fiber optic ramps in the LEs anymore(e-mail this morning stating that from Heighway). I think obviously some kind of add-on/replacement is due to those of us in on the LE. I would be happy if Roman's glass was included as the replacement for no extra cost. Not sure they are thinking a replacement is necessarily warranted but I think most of us that paid extra for the LE would agree that something definitely is and we might need to push the envelope to get that message across. Maybe reduced/half cost additional back box screen? Thoughts or other ideas?

My feelings would be this. [short answer]

While I sympathize with plight/saga all the preorder customers endured, just remember you were looking at a big FAT ZERO just a short time ago. Had there been more of a period of time between the announcement that Andrew was insolvent and a white knight was found, you would have really felt the anxiousness surrounding your potential loss. Instead the 'takeover' and 'bankruptcy' were announced simultaneously and everyone didn't get to endure that. You guys would have been praying for a savior [similar to what TBL guys are experiencing now]. Judging by some of the posts regarding refunds, a number of people clearly misunderstood the gravity of the situation and underappreciated the gift they were being handed. successful or not at a turnaround, those posters should have been kissing the ground the 'investors' walk on for at least being given a chance at recovery. Who else would have considered bailing out such a sunken ship?

they should be regarded as heroes to have voluntarily stepped up in the face of such adversity. these guys were already on the line for far more than you, along with countless others [distributors/employees/vendors] involved in the project, all victims of Andrew's relentless misrepresentations.

If it were me, i'd be ecstatic just to be getting anything [partital refund/refund/game] rather than the big ZERO. But, if you personally feel the need for further compensation, carry on.

#15852 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

My feelings would be this. [short answer]
While I sympathize with plight/saga all the preorder customers endured, just remember you were looking at a big FAT ZERO just a short time ago. Had there been more of a period of time between the announcement that Andrew was insolvent and a white knight was found, you would have really felt the anxiousness surrounding your potential loss. Instead the 'takeover' and 'bankruptcy' was announced simultaneously and everyone didn't get to endure that. You guys would have been praying for a savior [similar to what TBL guys are experiencing now]. Judging by some of the posts regarding refunds, a number of people clearly misunderstood the gravity of the situation and underappreciated the gift they were being handed. successful or not at a turnaround, those posters should have been kissing the ground the 'investors' walk on for at least being given a chance at recovery. Who else would have considered bailing out such a sunken ship?
they should be regarded as heroes to have voluntarily stepped up in the face of such adversity. these guys were already on the line for far more than you, along with countless others [distributors/employees/vendors] involved in the project, all victims of Andrew's relentless misrepresentations.
If it were me, i'd be ecstatic just to be getting anything [partital refund/refund/game] rather than the big ZERO. But, if you personally feel the need for further compensation, carry on.

Your statements are partially correct, and us "preorder customers" are very grateful that the new group has made such progress in such a short time. I would hope the pinball community as a whole is as excited as "us" in that a great game is going to actually make it past the finish line, and into production.

Simply looking at the value of what is being included on LE vs. Standard. They are very understanding, and I'm confident value will be realized between the choices.

#15853 1 year ago
Quoted from Dano:

Still being able to buy it for $40 online doesn't really make it as enticing as it used to be.

That would be the print, not the limited edition translite.

#15854 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

It is not that black or white. It is all about finding consensus within the context of what is possible at the moment.

#15855 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That would be the print, not the limited edition translite.

Understood but it's all going to look the same if it's in a frame on my wall.

#15856 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

It is not that black or white. It is all about finding consensus within the context of what is possible at the moment.

thanks for the response. I will adjust what I believed was the consensus understanding of the situation at takeover time by reading between the lines of your post.

#15857 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

thanks for the response. I will adjust what I believed was the consensus understanding of the situation at takeover time by reading between the lines of your post.

Thank you too. I just hope there are enough things possible from Heighway's point of view to offer customers a solution that is satisfying for both parties, in this reaching consensus.

#15858 1 year ago
Quoted from Dano:

Understood but it's all going to look the same if it's in a frame on my wall.

Not in a lightbox it won't, but i do see your point.

#15859 1 year ago

I believe the game in Kevin's stream was running code 0.98... this machine probably shipped before we pushed 0.99 with its big change list.

Quoted from jonesjb:

In the Youtube stream around the 12 minute mark, after the first Ambush multiball kicks in, the radar on the screen stays empty. Will this repopulate? Or is there a shot that needs to be hit (jackpot or super) that needs to happen first?

Yes, when you complete a swarm of Ambush, Super Jackpot lights on the Vent 3 (upper left mini-loop) shot -- you'll see those lights strobing on the video. I'm intending to show something appropriate on the tracker screen at that point. After you collect the SJ, the next swarm begins. The more swarming Xenos you kill without being infiltrated, the higher the Jackpot (Xeno) and Super Jackpot values.

#15860 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It would probably be a good idea to do as someone mentioned...just offer Roman Glass as a replacement. Heighway would get the better end of the deal and maybe that would help.....

What is Roman glass ? Is that like invisglass?
How about a credit towards their next game?
I'm in for an LE and I'd be okay with that as well.

#15861 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

What is Roman glass ? Is that like invisglass?

PDI here...

#15862 1 year ago

I just want the BB screen and I'll consider it even for my LE.

#15863 1 year ago

I believe the new group wants to maintain the LE platform ( as they should, imho), and quite confident they are sorting.

Anxious to see Standards rolling, and I'm sure I'll be very satisfied w their LE package....the game looks phenomenal at present state!!!

#15864 1 year ago

I watched the entire stream. Thanks a lot to Kev, Curt (Mr. Sensual) and Buffalo pinball guys.

There are a lot of great programming sounds, and animations already in this game and i hope to be able to provide constructive criticism. So i am watching from the perspective of trying to find anomalies and make suggestions on what i think will be improvements as well as evaluate the build quality and functionality of a relatively new pinball company. This is easily the best game available right now for the price IMHO.

Thanks to the Heighway team for creating this amazing game in the first place. Many thanks to the new investors who didn't let this die.

Maybe some of this is in the new code but:

Other things i noticed on the stream :

Ball launcher has trouble making the launch : Just looking for others to chime in and say whether this has been an issue on their games. What seems to be wrong with this one?

Magnet at head wasn't always catching the ball when it should be. To be expected at certain angles.

Is the Xeno head supposed to grab balls outside of starting AMBUSH multiball? I thought it was cool that it was during Queens nest and Find Jonesy when the shot was lit for that mode.

I am still hoping to see some sort of animation on the screen each time you hit the Xeno head as you progress towards AMBUSH. The amount of hits left to start AMBUSH is somewhat buried in the rotating text on the screen. Even if the screen just had a static interruption at a minimum or a brief change to a drooling Xeno it would add a lot to the experience. Xeno articulations and lighting seem to indicate your progress , but i was finding it hard to follow.

Can the outlane ballsaver be more instantaneous? Seems like the ball being fed into the shooter lane and the callout are way behind the switch being triggered. For people new to the game, i think it would help with figuring out that the navigating the ball to the lit lane saved your ball when you feel the ball being kicked out immediately. Minor point.

The animation for completing the cycle is amazing, but seems long. Almost seems like you can steal some of it for a Xeno hit

Queens nest mode and the associated animations are the greatest! No room for improvement! End on a high note!

Anyways, i hope this is received well by a team already doing their best and creating this awesome game.

Peace and Love , peace and love

#15865 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Ball launcher has trouble making the launch : Just looking for others to chime in and say whether this has been an issue on their games. What seems to be wrong with this one?

The launch ramp is a very different setup than Full Throttle. It looks like on Alien it has to make it up a steep short ramp right away. My guess though is it may have the same issue that my FTh had with the lane switch. They use what seemed like a really big curved switch in the lane and, as delivered the switch activated before the ball came to rest in the lane. It was an easy adjustment to dial it in so that the switch didn't trip until the ball was fully seated. So, the plunger is firing before the ball is resting against it and therefore giving that weak ass looking fire effect.

Could be something else, hard to see up close in the video.

#15866 1 year ago

Watched Alien stream on YouTube and was excited to see it shooting so well, while looking and sounding so fantastic. Even without v.99, the code shines and is getting further polish.

Of newest releases, Aliens still interests me the most. Overtaking the field of new two flipper contestants - Houdini, Star Wars, Dialed-In and TnA. While these games are appealing and look fun, if you are considering bringing one home, it should have what you want. Hours of immersion in Alien(s) is what I look forward to.

#15867 1 year ago

I do wonder how long the license extension (there was one right?) for Alien pinball gives Heighway to produce the game?

I do wonder why not sell/produce LEs for the first 500?
Then if interest still exists for more than 500 (yes that is a lot of a games for it's price range from a boutique company that
isn't manufacturing the game where an overwhelming majority of games will be shipped to which is the U.S....)
and then if the license to produce is still going on then produce SEs.

Considering the delay after delay after delay after delay...
don't LE owners that have paid in full deserve their games first?
Also, the SE owners that paid in full deserve their games around first right? So why not give them a free upgrade to an LE
because... these funds have helped fund the companies operations.
Also, considering that we really don't know if/when 500 LE games will actually sell,
why not utilize that leverage of selling only LEs help make at-least 500 of ALIEN pinball?

#15868 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I do wonder how long the license extension (there was one right?) for Alien pinball gives Heighway to produce the game?
I do wonder why not sell/produce LEs for the first 500?
Then if interest still exists for more than 500 (yes that is a lot of a games for it's price range from a boutique company that
isn't manufacturing the game where an overwhelming majority of games will be shipped to which is the U.S....)
and then if the license to produce is still going on then produce SEs.
Considering the delay after delay after delay after delay...
don't LE owners that have paid in full deserve their games first?
Also, the SE owners that paid in full deserve their games around first right? So why not give them a free upgrade to an LE
because... these funds have helped fund the companies operations.
Also, considering that we really don't know if/when 500 LE games will actually sell,
why not utilize that leverage of selling only LEs help make at-least 500 of ALIEN pinball?

I believe the new investment group is in tune to all of this.....

Hopefully, more games just start shipping, period....

The more unboxings, the better.........regardless type or to who, imho ( and I'm an early adopter)

If you look at their FB page, not much longer ( it also seems there are those that don't post here have them, as well)

#15869 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Overtaking the field of new two flipper contestants - Houdini, Star Wars, Dialed-In and TnA.

I must not understand what you are trying to say because DI and TNA are both three flipper games.

#15870 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I was wondering that too. I haven't seen launch problems like that in any other Alien. I'm guessing (hoping) it's something straightforward, like the autolaunch coil bracket loosened up in shipping, or the launcher lane switch (one of the few actual microswitches in the machine) interfering as wickerman2 suggests.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Is the Xeno head supposed to grab balls outside of starting AMBUSH multiball? I thought it was cool that it was during Queens nest and Find Jonesy when the shot was lit for that mode.

It did? I must've missed that part of the stream... and also that part of the code. AFAIK, right now it's only coded to eat the ball at the start of Ambush.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

I am still hoping to see some sort of animation on the screen each time you hit the Xeno head as you progress towards AMBUSH. The amount of hits left to start AMBUSH is somewhat buried in the rotating text on the screen. Even if the screen just had a static interruption at a minimum or a brief change to a drooling Xeno it would add a lot to the experience. Xeno articulations and lighting seem to indicate your progress , but i was finding it hard to follow.

An animation may yet sneak in there. As you note, the lighting gets brighter and faster as you get closer to Ambush. Code 0.99 also adds some new callouts to guide you when you're down to a couple hits left.

We also have the ability to do some extra tricks with the Xeno's jaw and tongue, so there's more to come...

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Can the outlane ballsaver be more instantaneous? Seems like the ball being fed into the shooter lane and the callout are way behind the switch being triggered. For people new to the game, i think it would help with figuring out that the navigating the ball to the lit lane saved your ball when you feel the ball being kicked out immediately. Minor point.

Totally agree, this is on our to-do list. Without going too deep into boring details, turns out there is a potential conflict between the outlane saver and the platform's "detect ball serve/ball launch failure" logic, which was occasionally causing two balls to be served from Revive in older code revs, depending on the timing of the outlane ball actually hitting the trough... as some people here will attest to. The current delay is the short term solution. Again, some callouts were added in 0.99 to at least make it more clear to the player that they should stay put when their ball has been saved.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

The animation for completing the cycle is amazing, but seems long. Almost seems like you can steal some of it for a Xeno hit

This is another candidate for the Xeno to eat the ball, thus the length... you start getting into the balancing act of cool (but long) effects vs interrupting the flow of play.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Queens nest mode and the associated animations are the greatest! No room for improvement! End on a high note!

Yay!

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Anyways, i hope this is received well by a team already doing their best and creating this awesome game.

Constructive feedback is always welcome and appreciated! We all want this game to be epically awesome.

#15871 1 year ago

My ball launcher sucked when I got it to,needed adjustment to work properly.
Sill acts up now and then. It also jams up on the switch and stays extended.
Might need to lower the switch some to.

#15872 1 year ago

Looks really good,but i would love more movie clips from the movies.

#15873 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I must not understand what you are trying to say because DI and TNA are both three flipper games.

I think we all knew exactly what he was getting at. Alien looks like the best overall package in NIB pins right now...and I agree 100%.

That being said I think TNA looks amazing and is the best game at it's price point. Houdini also looks promising. I'm disappointed in SW and the DI theme does less than nothing for me.

If my Alien falls through (which looks like that won't happen now...yay!) then my money would be going towards a TNA.

#15874 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I have not watched the stream - but I had issues with my Alien getting a clean launch also. I found it was the lane protection guide that was in the way. I posted a fix (with pictures) in the Alien owners thread that has worked 100% for me:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable#post-3781630

#15875 1 year ago

agreeing here that lane shooter is a physical issue, not a code issue IME. Just needs a little adjustment.

#15876 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It did? I must've missed that part of the stream... and also that part of the code. AFAIK, right now it's only coded to eat the ball at the start of Ambush.
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I went back and watched several times trying to figure out why this was happening (Xeno eating ball and trying to eat ball during the mentioned modes, Queens Nest and Find Jonesy) . I can watch again and get you the youtube Video times if you want to confirm it. I do not believe it started Ambush multiball the 2 times it ate the ball and there was at least one other time the tongue came out and tried something at a time i didn't expect.

The Xeno target (seemed to ) triggerered MUTHA mystery previously, which Brian replied to.

I will be up there in Buffalo to play this particular machine and will report any other issues if it helps figure out anything.

thanks!

ed z

#15877 1 year ago

There is a lot I really like about this game.

The one issue I have is the feed into the upper right flipper. There are two great shots off that flipper, but it doesn't seem to come into play that often. It feels clunky off the lower left flipper and a 50/50 shot to go in from the pops. I feel that major shots should be set up better. Maybe I'll feel different when I get more time on the game.

The original design of the magnet would have ben cool, but I would have preferred a diverter off the left orbit shot to send it to the upper right flipper. You probably would have sacrificed a pop bumper to make room, but I think that would have been perfect.

#15878 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

There are two great shots off that flipper, but it doesn't seem to come into play that often. It feels clunky off the lower left flipper and a 50/50 shot to go in from the pops. I feel that major shots should be set up better. Maybe I'll feel different when I get more time on the game.

interesting. I feel the opposite. I can set up the upper right flipper anytime I have the ball on the lower left flipper. It is a clean shoot to the dead end and a nice return to upper right. That essentially means 50% of the time I can set up that shot if desired. Aside from that I can launch to the pops and have the ability to nudge and try and get the set up. I think you may need more time with the shots. The more I play the more natural the shots feel. Same thing happened with FullT.

#15879 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

There is a lot I really like about this game.
The one issue I have is the feed into the upper right flipper. There are two great shots off that flipper, but it doesn't seem to come into play that often. It feels clunky off the lower left flipper and a 50/50 shot to go in from the pops. I feel that major shots should be set up better. Maybe I'll feel different when I get more time on the game.
The original design of the magnet would have ben cool, but I would have preferred a diverter off the left orbit shot to send it to the upper right flipper. You probably would have sacrificed a pop bumper to make room, but I think that would have been perfect.

Can't you also hit the mode/airlock and xenomorph head too?

#15880 1 year ago

Just got an email from Morgan to confirm all of my SE order details. Looks like it won't be long now.

#15881 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

interesting. I feel the opposite. I can set up the upper right flipper anytime I have the ball on the lower left flipper. It is a clean shoot to the dead end and a nice return to upper right. That essentially means 50% of the time I can set up that shot if desired. Aside from that I can launch to the pops and have the ability to nudge and try and get the set up. I think you may need more time with the shots. The more I play the more natural the shots feel. Same thing happened with FullT.

You may be right. I might just need more time on it. That's good to hear you feel that way.

#15882 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

interesting. I feel the opposite. I can set up the upper right flipper anytime I have the ball on the lower left flipper. It is a clean shoot to the dead end and a nice return to upper right.

I agree, this is the easiest way to shoot the Chestburster lane. It looks unlikely, given the narrow Chestburster lane and the angle of entry from the lower-left flipper, but it's surprisingly consistent. I'd rate it about the same difficulty as Shadow's Start Mode shot.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Can't you also hit the mode/airlock and xenomorph head too?

Absolutely can hit the Airlock from the upper right flipper. I haven't had much luck hitting the Xeno from that flipper, though.

#15883 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'd rate it about the same difficulty as Shadow's Start Mode shot.

So difficult.

#15884 1 year ago

********** SPOILER ALERT!!! ***************

I started up a rulesheet base on Ferret posts.

Can anyone point me to any other rulesheets so i can add anything that wasn't posted on this thread (and there was plenty posted)

Thanks Joe !

Alien Pinball Rules-SAVEAS.pdf

#15885 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

********** SPOILER ALERT!!! ***************
I started up a rulesheet base on Ferret posts.
Can anyone point me to any other rulesheets so i can add anything that wasn't posted on this thread (and there was plenty posted)
Thanks Joe !

Check in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-scoring-tips

#15886 1 year ago

Rulesheet looks good. Would be nice to add a shot map or a link to one, making it easier to follow along with the script.

#15888 1 year ago

Great article. You know when they need to pad out their "Five Dislikes" list with things like No artwork under flippers, Alien is going to be an amazing pin.

#15889 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Great article. You know when they need to pad out their "Five Dislikes" list with things like No artwork under flippers, Alien is going to be an amazing pin.

Not to mention the reason for no art under the flippers. The whole unit pops out for replacement and is designed to be universal with all Highway games.

#15890 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not to mention the reason for no art under the flippers. The whole unit pops out for replacement and is designed to be universal with all Highway games.

Didn't notice, did they change it black? It was white in early versions.

#15891 1 year ago

Sweet!! The game looks and sounds amazing!

#15892 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

A nice design and easily remedied with a decal.

#15893 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Didn't notice, did they change it black? It was white in early versions.

That was the plan

#15894 1 year ago

Under the flippers is black on the one I played.

#15895 1 year ago

FYI - the "review" was updated to indicate that the black plastic is under the flippers to allow the flipper assembly to be removed completely (the flipper passes through the playfield). This makes it simple to take out and work on away from the machine.

http://thisweekinpinball.com/alien-pinball-initial-thoughts/

#15896 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

FYI - the review was updated to indicate that the black plastic is under the flippers to allow the flipper assembly to be removed completely (the flipper passes through the playfield). This makes it simple to take out and work on away from the machine.
http://thisweekinpinball.com/alien-pinball-initial-thoughts/

I believe a while back aurich mentioned if people wanted to print their own art to put over the black plastic under the flippers that he could provide it.
Personally I think the black looks fine.

#15897 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

FYI - the review was updated

Nice review! I agree on the side art/backbox points. Looks a bit weird if you look at a pic, but in person it's really cool. As for the durability of the screen/window on playfield, I cut a piece of easily removable mylar to overlap the screen on my Full Throttle. Protects the edges if it comes out of alignment and saves the scratches. You can barely tell it's there with game off and not at all with it on.

Love this pic:

1shot (resized).jpg

#15898 1 year ago

And that pic is missing quite a few shots, namely the apc targets and ability to hit right ramp from upper right flipper.

#15899 1 year ago

After watching the buffalo pinball stream, I have to day this game looks super badass. Way way better than star wars. If I had to change anything, I'd change those flippers to normal white ones. I just personally don't like the black and green thing. Otherwise the game is looking sweet as hell.

#15900 1 year ago

I was wondering has there ever been a pin that offered a mystery award of resetting the tilt warnings to zero? I wonder if it would work as a good Muther Mystery?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside