pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 601.
#15751 6 years ago

A really fair price including postage to the UK thanks Brian!!

#15752 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi - hope I can post this here. My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist who illustrated the backglass Alien Queen for the LE. I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this speed-painting video of how the artwork was created: » YouTube video
THANKS SO MUCH for all the positive feedback I've gotten for about the design. It was truly one of my favorite projects ever.

Ordered both.

#15753 6 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

Despite immense verbal insults/ frowns/ and general naysayery from my buds in the league, looks like my se with shaker and pdi glass will be sent end of August.

So they are for-sure offering real pdi/roman glass as an option now? I recall there was some mixed info about this back when Andrew was around so i would love to know if it got sorted out.

#15754 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

would love to know if it got sorted out

Need a re-review of Alien from a recent owner. People aren't going to start buying in quantity unless they hear that any lighting or xeno head issues have been resolved.

#15755 6 years ago

Yes, how were the CoinTaker machines?

#15756 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Holy Hell. In the UK, Home Leisure Direct price is now £9000 for an LE if you want the 27" screen in. Wow, that is an increase of almost £2K from what they had it up for before the Heighway fiasco!
Even the basic SE without the 27" screen or any other additions is now £7499 which is £350 more than the LE WITH the 27" screen used to be!
I think that is going into the too rich for my blood territory..

Won't sell many here in that case!

I was thinking of picking one up, but no longer, I can get a Houdini from Phil for £6,999!

#15757 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

People aren't going to start buying in quantity unless they hear that any lighting or xeno head issues have been resolved

Mine haven't been resolved yet. In my most recent email to Heighway, I mentioned bringing Alien to the Houston Arcade Expo. I would PREFER to bring a fully functional game....might even prompt a few new orders for heighway. On the other hand, if everyone sees it without a working Xeno, many lighting issues, broken playfield LCD, and running old code - well....

And the frustrating part of this for me is that I've offered to PAY for parts and shipping. So what's the holdup!?!?!?

#15758 6 years ago

...and now they are taunting me with new code. Ohhhh - I want to update SOO BAD!! From Heighway's Facebook page:

Alien V0.99 (available later this month)
Changes since 0.98:
- Fix All Out War not qualifying after all requirements met.
- All Out War insert now lights after it has been played.
- Increased power to the hypersleep lock-up device
- Improved ball search for the hypersleep lock-up device
- Xenomorph tongue will now extend a little further in ball search
- Increased flipper power settings slightly
- Remove flipper coils from ball search
- Ball search outside of a game, or while tilted, will not display a message now.
- Updated burnin test to activate more coils, similar to a ball search.
- Ignore some spurious switch activity during bonus, while queued up display effects drain out.
- If a spurious switch occurred at game start and validated the playfield, this would lock in your choice of which movie mode to play. This is now changed so that the movie is not locked in until launch is pressed, or until the right inlane is triggered.
- Fixed some system display effects (which use the blue test mode background) from not showing correctly while a video was running. In particular this bug was hiding the volume adjustment screen sometimes in attract mode.
- Increase main HSTD table to 5 entries, and added more team members' initials onto the defaults.
- Mode timers now pause briefly while the ball is in pop bumpers
- Playfield GI changes color during movie selection
- Multiball grace period now pauses while ball is being held up (for example, while the Mother award is being announced).
- Add multiball resurrection rules. Starting Sentry Guns will now restart any other multiball that was in its grace period. Likewise, starting any other multiball will now resurrect Sentry Guns from its grace period.
- Mother add-a-ball award now resurrects any multiball(s) in its grace period.
- Fix occasional pauses at endball before bonus started.
- Fix centre ramp not spotting letters towards SHIP if double scoring was already running.
- Fix occasional incorrect skill shot value display (it was correctly added to score)
- Fix mode going into grace period not displaying its timer or its hurry-up value correctly
- Boosted priority of beacon effect during wizard modes, so that it is not interrupted as often.
- Adjust scoring for Sentry Guns to prevent some outrageous scoring possibilities.
- Ambush jackpot value now increases gradually as you progress through Lifecycles, rather than increasing all at once when a Lifecycle is finished.
- Added Scene Start Difficulty adjustment. Default now lights the scene start for free at the beginning of a game.
- Derelict Ship shots are now indicated by the main arrows, not the symbol inserts.
- Added more beacon effects
- Fixed lamp effect for combos lit disappearing on ball launch.
- Revive lamp effect increased from 1 sec to 2 sec.
- Improved Rescue mode more and added some display effects for it
- Many updated sounds/callouts:
- Fixed truncated Hudson callouts
- Add new audio clips to Loader Battle
- Added correct sound for ball saver
- Added new endgame callouts
- Added sounds for weapon use
- Adjusted volume for orbit shots
- Added sounds for Super Pops
- Improved sound on ball kickout from the airlock scoop.
- Added new callouts for "mode not ready".
- Added callouts on revived ball
- Added audio and more lighting effects with more progress towards Ambush MB.
- Improved stacking/priority of some callouts
- Added callout for Save Newt ready to start
- Added callouts for Chestburster Combos.
- Added new pop bumper sounds and mode fail sound to Derelict Ship.
- Added more orbit sounds
- Add sounds to centre ramp
- Add many callouts to Rescue mode
- Add more Mother callouts
- Misc. sounds updated/cleaned
- Modify timing for callouts related to xenomorphs hits remaining for Ambush.
- Add sounds to recharge
- Changed egg bumper explosion sounds
- Exclude some sounds when in family mod

#15759 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Based on his workflow video, it looks like there is an original hand drawn piece of artwork that is scanned in and worked over digitally with the software.

Got it. Thanks.

#15760 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

...and now they are taunting me with new code. Ohhhh - I want to update SOO BAD!! From Heighway's Facebook page:
Changes since 0.98:
- Ball search outside of a game, or while tilted, will not display a message now.
- Ignore some spurious switch activity during bonus, while queued up display effects drain out.
- If a spurious switch occurred at game start and validated the playfield, this would lock in your choice of which movie mode to play. This is now changed so that the movie is not locked in until launch is pressed, or until the right inlane is triggered.
- Fixed some system display effects (which use the blue test mode background) from not showing correctly while a video was running. In particular this bug was hiding the volume adjustment screen sometimes in attract mode.
- Increase main HSTD table to 5 entries, and added more team members' initials onto the defaults.
- Multiball grace period now pauses while ball is being held up (for example, while the Mother award is being announced).
- Add multiball resurrection rules. Starting Sentry Guns will now restart any other multiball that was in its grace period. Likewise, starting any other multiball will now resurrect Sentry Guns from its grace period.
- Fix centre ramp not spotting letters towards SHIP if double scoring was already running.
- Fix occasional incorrect skill shot value display (it was correctly added to score)
- Fix mode going into grace period not displaying its timer or its hurry-up value correctly
- Boosted priority of beacon effect during wizard modes, so that it is not interrupted as often.
- Adjust scoring for Sentry Guns to prevent some outrageous scoring possibilities.
- Ambush jackpot value now increases gradually as you progress through Lifecycles, rather than increasing all at once when a Lifecycle is finished.
- Added Scene Start Difficulty adjustment. Default now lights the scene start for free at the beginning of a game.
- Derelict Ship shots are now indicated by the main arrows, not the symbol inserts.
- Add sounds to recharge

That's a massive update. Good to see progress here too.

#15761 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Need a re-review of Alien from a recent owner. People aren't going to start buying in quantity unless they hear that any lighting or xeno head issues have been resolved.

Both are working great in mine.

I would suggest getting an external powered subwoofer because the one in the machine doesn't do it justice. However, it could just be I am configuring something wrong.

#15762 6 years ago

daudioguy specifically did the audio so it would have extra pizzazz with an external subwoofer.

#15763 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

daudioguy specifically did the audio so it would have extra pizzazz with an external subwoofer.

Does anyone have a good but on the cheap suggestion for an external subwoofer to buy?

#15764 6 years ago

Polk PSW10 .. they go on sale from time to time for less than $99
https://www.adorama.com/pkaam1055c.html

Quoted from budroosker:

Does anyone have a good but on the cheap suggestion for an external subwoofer to buy?

#15766 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Polk PSW10 .. they go on sale from time to time for less than $99
https://www.adorama.com/pkaam1055c.html

Yep....by far the best "bang for your buck" in a pinball sub. They can also handle two machines simultaneously.

#15767 6 years ago

Finished customizing my Alien, beacons check, powder coated check, my idea was have it be a colour that looked black in most light but green in direct light, but had some silver flecks to give it a spacey feel lol, I like it

al1.jpgal1.jpg

al2.jpgal2.jpg

#15768 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Changes since 0.98:
- Add sounds to recharge

Thats going to be a great update!

#15769 6 years ago

That looks very nice!

#15770 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi - hope I can post this here. My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist who illustrated the backglass Alien Queen for the LE. I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this speed-painting video of how the artwork was created: » YouTube video
THANKS SO MUCH for all the positive feedback I've gotten for about the design. It was truly one of my favorite projects ever.

Nice post; I liked your video. I have never seen a piece of art in stop motion like that before; very cool.

#15771 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Finished customizing my Alien, beacons check, powder coated check, my idea was have it be a colour that looked black in most light but green in direct light, but had some silver flecks to give it a spacey feel lol, I like it

That looks really sharp! Is it a custom color or does it have a name/designation?

I suspect it'll be a while before I can get one of these bad boys. But, if I was to do custom powder coating, I think that'd be the color I'd want.

#15772 6 years ago

Great color libtech

#15773 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Can you tell us the color codes. That looks badass! Nice job.

#15774 6 years ago

Wow wow wow libtech! ....just Wow!

#15775 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I suspect Heigway might get some alternative powder coating color requests

#15776 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

That looks freaken awesome mate!
Congrats, great colour (color) choice

#15777 6 years ago

I was wondering, if the featuresheet from early 2017 is still up to date. So I sent some questions to Heighway, because I wasn´t sure to keep my LE-order or better to go for a SE. I got a response from Morgan within 48 hours with all information I asked for. I´m really surprised in a positive way, that they listened to their customers carefully and changed some features to optimize the theme-fitting. Looking at it the other way round the only difference left between a LE and a fully equiped SE seems to be the trim colour and the additional art-package. Here are the answers:

Q: Will the LE really get a glossy cabinet (like mentioned in the featuresheet)? If yes, is it possible to change the order to get a matt cabinet aswell?
A: The cabinets for all versions of Alien Pinball are with a matt finish and not a glossy one. We did in the past have a glossy finish to the cabinet but we came to the same conclusion that you have and thought that the matt finish was a better fit for the theme.

Q: Will there still be three trim-options: green, blue or black? Is the black LE-trim glossy aswell?
A: We are still offering the three trim options and these will also have a matt finish.

Q: How about the fibre-optic ramp lightning? Will they come with the LE? If yes, will the colour fit the theme like blue or green (in Andrew´s video it was pink)?
A: The fibre optic ramp kit maybe removed from the machine because we have had many customers who say that it not a good fit for the machine and the theme. When this decision is final we will inform all customers of the outcome.

A: Will the standard-artwork be included (SE sides and backbox)?
Q: As an LE customer you will receive both art packages from the SE and the LE.

Q: Is there anything else new or different to the already announced LE-features?
A: In regards to your question if there have been any new features added to the machine there have been some improvements. As I have stated we may be removing the fibre optic kit from the machine and we would replace this for customers if we do indeed decide that this is the case. In terms of improvements we have made a lot of improvements to the functionality and the build of the Xenomorph head mechanism.We have also made many improvements in the software of the machine.

Q: Will you offer a factory-installed playfield-protector as an option?
A: In answer to your question about the installed playfield protector I am unsure about this option but I can find out for you.

Maybe these answers help you aswell to make a final decision. I will keep my #055 of 500 in totally matt black and I´m fine with it, as I planed to put on a shaker, the beacons and the illuminated sides anyway. The LE-production should start in September, so the Alien is coming before x-mas. That´s most important...

Happy waiting to all of you and have a great weekend!

Greets from Dortmund
Olli

btw: Big "thanks" to Morgan for this great customer support!

#15778 6 years ago

Would be interesting to know if they will decrease the price if they going to remove the fibre optic ramps ..... I guess it was a add on of nearly 600 USD (within the LE package) compare to SE.

#15779 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

I was wondering, if the featuresheet from early 2017 is still up to date. So I sent some questions to Heighway, because I wasn´t sure to keep my LE-order or better to go for a SE. I got a response from Morgan within 48 hours with all information I asked for. I´m really surprised in a positive way, that they listened to their customers carefully and changed some features to optimize the theme-fitting. Looking at it the other way round the only difference left between a LE and a fully equiped SE seems to be the trim colour and the additional art-package. Here are the answers:
Q: Will the LE really get a glossy cabinet (like mentioned in the featuresheet)? If yes, is it possible to change the order to get a matt cabinet aswell?
A: The cabinets for all versions of Alien Pinball are with a matt finish and not a glossy one. We did in the past have a glossy finish to the cabinet but we came to the same conclusion that you have and thought that the matt finish was a better fit for the theme.
Q: Will there still be three trim-options: green, blue or black? Is the black LE-trim glossy aswell?
A: We are still offering the three trim options and these will also have a matt finish.
Q: How about the fibre-optic ramp lightning? Will they come with the LE? If yes, will the colour fit the theme like blue or green (in Andrew´s video it was pink)?
A: The fibre optic ramp kit maybe removed from the machine because we have had many customers who say that it not a good fit for the machine and the theme. When this decision is final we will inform all customers of the outcome.
A: Will the standard-artwork be included (SE sides and backbox)?
Q: As an LE customer you will receive both art packages from the SE and the LE.
Q: Is there anything else new or different to the already announced LE-features?
A: In regards to your question if there have been any new features added to the machine there have been some improvements. As I have stated we may be removing the fibre optic kit from the machine and we would replace this for customers if we do indeed decide that this is the case. In terms of improvements we have made a lot of improvements to the functionality and the build of the Xenomorph head mechanism.We have also made many improvements in the software of the machine.
Q: Will you offer a factory-installed playfield-protector as an option?
A: In answer to your question about the installed playfield protector I am unsure about this option but I can find out for you.
Maybe these answers help you aswell to make a final decision. I will keep my #055 of 500 in totally matt black and I´m fine with it, as I planed to put on a shaker, the beacons and the illuminated sides anyway. The LE-production should start in September, so the Alien is coming before x-mas. That´s most important...

Happy waiting to all of you and have a great weekend!
Greets from Dortmund
Olli
btw: Big "thanks" to Morgan for this great customer support!

Thanks for posting the answers to these questions. I was wondering about them myself for the same (should i switch to SE) reason, but i was far too lazy to ask myself and was just going wait till some LE pics started to appear

#15780 6 years ago

Alien inbound! Just got off the phone with the shipping company and it is scheduled for delivery Monday afternoon.

#15781 6 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Alien inbound! Just got off the phone with the shipping company and it is scheduled for delivery Monday afternoon.

Is that one of the CoinTaker machines?

#15782 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is that one of the CoinTaker machines?

Yes it is from CoinTaker.

#15783 6 years ago

Aug is the month that we should see some real progress, 4 machines to cointaker means nothing, I'm hoping by sept 1st there are at least 100 Alien SE out there, working well and pretty much bug free. If so I will put money down on a SE but thats what I need to see.

#15784 6 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Yes it is from CoinTaker.

Is a Box Opening Event in our future??

#15785 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is a Box Opening Event in our future??

I'll take some pics and the post them up.

Going to get it setup in the garage before it goes in the house. Just easier that way with the moving cart.

#15786 6 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

We just got one locally on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo NY.

Have you played the machine? We need evidence of these machines performing well on location to demonstrate the reliability of the current production.

thanks

#15787 6 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

That looks freaken awesome mate!
Congrats, great colour (color) choice

Thanks guys, you have no idea how many colours I tested before I got the blend right.

I had a laugh over your our or spelling clarification by the way lol

#15788 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thanks guys, you have no idea how many colours I tested before I got the blend right.

You found the perfect color for that machine IMO!

#15789 6 years ago

OH MAN! Thanks so much everyone for the positive feedback about the backglass art!
We've only got about 20 prints left after just a day (limited to 100)- I'm just blown away by how fast they went!
If you still want one, you can grab them from my website http://www.flylanddesigns.com/shop/ for $38 plus shipping.
28" on high-quality matter paper shipped in a tube. International shipping.
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS!! RyanStl JonCrox valgalder ezeltmann joelreeves !
--
To address your questions/comments DennisDodel jonesjb Dano jeffspinballpalace :
Yes, the finished design was drawn digitally on a tablet display monitor called a Wacom Cintiq with a pen. Something like this would either have to be done digitally or airbrushed on paper. Since we only had a few days to complete this, airbrushing wouldn't have made sense. The drawback of painting digitally, of course, is not having an original on paper. But I did start this as a concept on paper with pen and marker - I'll have to dig that up sometime and share it with you all if there's interest.
--
Again - HUMBLED everyone, thank you!

Alien Pinball Queen Art Print2 (resized).jpgAlien Pinball Queen Art Print2 (resized).jpg

Alien Pinball Queen Art Print3 (resized).jpgAlien Pinball Queen Art Print3 (resized).jpg

#15790 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

OH MAN! Thanks so much everyone for the positive feedback about the backglass art!

Can't wait to get the tube! Hey!....that don't sound right!

#15791 6 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

I would suggest getting an external powered subwoofer because the one in the machine doesn't do it justice. However, it could just be I am configuring something wrong.

Let me clarify. The speaker in most pinball cabinets is not a 'subwoofer'. At best it is a left/right mono mix coming through a 6-8 inch speaker trying to push audio through a metal plate with holes in and sometimes additionally through wood slots. This driver is pointed at the floor. It produces low midrange and high bass audio. To be fair there are a few machines with better stock cabinet speakers. The Dialed In speaker is a dual-coil wonder driven by both channels of a stereo amp. I am speaking about the average pinball cabinet speaker.

A real subwoofer's contribution is usually 80-160 Hz which (for those musically inclined) is the bottom octave where thumps and bass drums live and there is little overlap with the cabinet speakers output.

Most games have some content down there and a subwoofer will make those real (for better or worse).

At the beginning of 2016 I added a subwoofer to my studio so that I could review the content that I was creating down there (knowing that some home owner were enhancing their pins with subwoofers). It is easy to put unintended content down there that isn't appropriate at the time and could even be distracting.

Both Alien and Dialed In have had the benefit of audio design with a sub-woofer in mind. There are times in both sound packages when booms and frequency swoops and other spine tickling content are present that should make a scoring event or mode completion that much more tangible. It takes a little more effort but for those who avail themselves of it they will be rewarded.

I hope this clarifies this issue. Audiophiles....lock and load.

ddt

#15792 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

So they are for-sure offering real pdi/roman glass as an option now? I recall there was some mixed info about this back when Andrew was around so i would love to know if it got sorted out.

Confirmed today via email

real roman glass coming with my order

#15793 6 years ago

Great to hear! Glad they worked that out.

#15794 6 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Would be interesting to know if they will decrease the price if they going to remove the fibre optic ramps ..... I guess it was a add on of nearly 600 USD (within the LE package) compare to SE.

This! As someone with an LE on order, this makes the math not work out. I will expect a price reduction or a credit towards other upgrades (I would settle for a 28" monitor instead). I don't have the screen grabs or my numbers around anymore but it wasn't a cheap upgrade for the fiber when I was doing the math to decide which to buy.

#15795 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Let me clarify. The speaker in most pinball cabinets is not a 'subwoofer'. At best it is a left/right mono mix coming through a 6-8 inch speaker trying to push audio through a metal plate with holes in and sometimes additionally through wood slots. This driver is pointed at the floor. It produces low midrange and high bass audio. To be fair there are a few machines with better stock cabinet speakers. The Dialed In speaker is a dual-coil wonder driven by both channels of a stereo amp. I am speaking about the average pinball cabinet speaker.
A real subwoofer's contribution is usually 80-160 Hz which (for those musically inclined) is the bottom octave where thumps and bass drums live and there is little overlap with the cabinet speakers output.
Most games have some content down there and a subwoofer will make those real (for better or worse).
At the beginning of 2016 I added a subwoofer to my studio so that I could review the content that I was creating down there (knowing that some home owner were enhancing their pins with subwoofers). It is easy to put unintended content down there that isn't appropriate at the time and could even be distracting.
Both Alien and Dialed In have had the benefit of audio design with a sub-woofer in mind. There are times in both sound packages when booms and frequency swoops and other spine tickling content are present that should make a scoring event or mode completion that much more tangible. It takes a little more effort but for those who avail themselves of it they will be rewarded.
ddt

Can you tell us what the ideal crossover settings for the sub are?

#15796 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I don't have the screen grabs or my numbers around anymore but it wasn't a cheap upgrade for the fiber when I was doing the math to decide which to buy.

It was $800 to add it to the SE. So yeah, sort of a double price increase for the LE if you're buying now and a single if you're not. I say sort of because I'm sure some people may look at them removing a feature differently than others. I didn't really care for them anyway.

#15797 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

We've only got about 20 prints left after just a day (limited to 100)- I'm just blown away by how fast they went!
If you still want one, you can grab them from my website http://www.flylanddesigns.com/shop/ for $38 plus shipping.
28" on high-quality matter paper shipped in a tube. International shipping.
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS!! ryanstl joncrox valgalder ezeltmann joelreeves !
--
To address your questions/comments dennisdodel jonesjb dano jeffspinballpalace :
Yes, the finished design was drawn digitally on a tablet display monitor called a Wacom Cintiq with a pen. Something like this would either have to be done digitally or airbrushed on paper. Since we only had a few days to complete this, airbrushing wouldn't have made sense. The drawback of painting digitally, of course, is not having an original on paper. But I did start this as a concept on paper with pen and marker - I'll have to dig that up sometime and share it with you all if there's interest.
--
Again - HUMBLED everyone, thank you!

Checked out all your work, Brian, and your humbleness, is appreciated, but perhaps a bit misplaced.

You have a rare talent, with attention to detail, and its a Joy to see such quality art come forth in the Pinball Hobby.

I/We, Appreciate what your skills have brought to all of Us!

#15798 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Can you tell us what the ideal crossover settings for the sub are?

I will need to measure that. It will differ from pin to pin. I have an Alien loaner currently and I have not gone through the ordeal to bring it down to my studio where I would evaluate the HP sound system. Ideally I would have done that at the 50% completion point in the project when I get the whitewood to work on. But as may be obvious by now, not very much of the development process of this project has been "ideal".
Frankly, I am very proud of the current state of rules, video, graphics and sound integration. It is very good and very playable. Once all the devs have machines it will only get better, but it is worth your time and money right now.
As for the cutoff point it is a little bit audio engineering and a little bit personal taste. I don't think I would make it higher than 200 Hz but how high the volume of the subwoofer is turned up is a more significant factor in your sub-woofer experience. Some folks like their chest cavities moved by external forces.
Let it ROCK!
(when you wife (or neighbors) come to your game room to seek out the disturbance you will know that you have exceeded the sub limit)
bass travels
ddt

#15799 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

It is easy to put unintended content down there that isn't appropriate at the time

c48 (resized).jpgc48 (resized).jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

#15800 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

ddt

Impressive work you are doing!!! I'm an A/V systems integrator ( now) for a living, but a pure pro audio guy at heart. I've always been convinced there is enough volume on the inside of a pinball cabinet that, when coupled with the right LF driver ( even the 8" variety), low pass filter ( butterworth 12 around 160hz.), and correct amplification, you could create substantial bottom end. The "baffle" config wouldn't be a factor, as the wavelength would be far too long.

Ultimately ( for me) started feeling like work when I drew it up ( which is what I avoid when playing pinball), and realized a cheap, powered external sub would do the job, as my approach would be much more expensive. Hence, abandoned the idea.

I appreciate someone of your caliber caring about the audio in these machines....in truth, it's been one of the more neglected areas of the experience until some machines as of late ( just imho)...THANK YOU!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,999 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/316?hl=o-from-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.