• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 493.
#1501 3 years ago

I like what i see!!
Way to go...
Is there a tentative production date on this pin yet??

#1502 3 years ago

/facepalm. Sometimes I just want to drain these threads...

#1503 3 years ago

Looks great but as a spinner fan I must request one at the N orbit shot, just saying 2 spinners is always better than one, with plasma rifle SFX ofcourse. Amazing thank you Andrew, really looking forward to this pin. Alien LE #110

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I like what i see!!
Way to go...
Is there a tentative production date on this pin yet??

Last announced release date was April 2015.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

/facepalm. Sometimes I just want to drain these threads...

Sometimes other people want you to as well!

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We will be hosting a seminar at 1pm Eastern on Sunday in room 407 at Replay FX
As well as giving updates to attendees, we will also be revealing the latest Alien Pinball layout and shot map, and discussing some of the game's toys. We are not sure if anyone else is filming or streaming the seminar, but we will be filming it and posting it and a later date

Thanks for this. Looking forward to learning more tidbits about the Alien toys!

#1507 3 years ago

I must say the lay out looks fantastic! Very fresh and new. I see a lot of Dennis Nordman style in the design. He is one of my favorite designers. Also I really am looking forward to what Aurich has in store for the LE!

#1508 3 years ago

Ok , looks kickass. Artwork with Aurich may put this title into best seller status. Aww yeah...

#1509 3 years ago

Holy crap! I've been staring at the layout for about 10 minutes, taking it all in ( blow it up and take a close look if you haven't yet ).
THIS is how to do a widebody game - it looks amazing. Add Aurich's artwork to the mix and we could really be looking at a top tier game. Please tell me we'll be able to flip it in Chicago this year...

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Holy crap! I've been staring at the layout for about 10 minutes, taking it all in ( blow it up and take a close look if you haven't yet ).
THIS is how to do a widebody game - it looks amazing. Add Aurich's artwork to the mix and we could really be looking at a top tier game. Please tell me we'll be able to flip it in Chicago this year...

Major agreement here!!!.....this is going to be one badass pin!!!

#1511 3 years ago

I ordered an LE. If I can take a risk with some morons in a basement I can definately risk ( lol) with Heighway.

#1512 3 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

I blew it up by printing a 1 version of it and laying it out over one of my cabinets. Really helped me to visualize the geometry. Of course right after that Dave made some major tweaks to the shots and now it's out of date!

I'm not normally a big widebody fan, but this is a game that is really utilizing the potential. There are sequences that will use all the flippers together that just look super satisfying. Sometime it feels like an extra flipper is just added because the game is wide, these all feel really necessary, you can't navigate the entire playfield without them. Going to reward skillful aim and shot selection for sure.

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I blew it up by printing a 1 version of it and laying it out over one of my cabinets. Really helped me to visualize the geometry. Of course right after that Dave made some major tweaks to the shots and now it's out of date!
I'm not normally a big widebody fan, but this is a game that is really utilizing the potential. There are sequences that will really use all the flippers together that just look super satisfying. Sometime it feels like an extra flipper is just added because the game is wide, these all feel really necessary, you can't navigate the entire playfield without them. Going to reward skillful aim and shot selection for sure.

As soon as you get license approval show us the LE artwork!

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I ordered an LE. If I can take a risk with some morons in a basement I can definately risk ( lol) with Heighway.

Welcome, welcome !!!(#212 here).....think the only risk here is the amount of time my other pins get once this thing shows up!!!

#1515 3 years ago

New design looks fab. Is it just me or are those outlanes calling for me? They look hungry and mean but I am not afraid

Can't wait for more info on the game. So far, so good.

#1516 3 years ago

Any news on a distributor in Australia for Heighway?

#1517 3 years ago

I love the layout so far. I'm really hoping the space jockey makes an appearance. Doesn't even need to be the douche bag one from the last movie that I'm trying to forget.

#1518 3 years ago

I must admit I was more than a bit skeptical after Nordman dropped out. The wisdom of jacking with his design seemed sketchy. However, I do like the changes and I'm even more excited about this pin.

I'm also encouraged with the reports about FT and its speed and flow. I enjoy both stop'n go and flow based games, but I'm just not a widebody guy at all. WOZ has enough going on that I can overlook it, but I figured it would be my one and only widebody. Hoping I'm wrong because Alien looks killer!

#1519 3 years ago

Deposit sent on the LE Only 500 being made and after speaking with Andrew a few min. ago they are selling fast.

#1520 3 years ago

This looks so great. Very excited to try a new flipper layout like this.
And of all the innovations, I am really excited about the format of the left outlanes and how we'll see some professional shaking ballsave action.

#1521 3 years ago

I've never been more excited for a pinball machine! The new shot layout looks awesome!

If the art and code can match the shot map, then this game is going to be killer!

No pressure on Heighway!

LE #444

#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I've never been more excited for a pinball machine! The new shot layout looks awesome!
If the art and code can match the shot map, then this game is going to be killer!
No pressure on Heighway!
LE #444

Did you request #444 or was that what they gave you?

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Seriously? Looks great. Don't be a troll.

So only your opinion counts does it?
My opinion is opposing to yours so all you can call me is a troll?

I love the theme and was looking forward to buying the LE when a distributor was announced but I don't like the idea of an LCD in the playfield (and a couple of other things) but that is my bad luck. Not yours.

#1524 3 years ago

Hold crap this look incredible! Huge, huge improvement over the earlier design. So much intricacy.

This is the most exciting new game in years IMO and I haven't even seen the artwork yet. I would absolutely love to own one and I'm seriously considering making it my mission for it to be my first NIB.

I can't wait to learn more about it in the coming months.

#1525 3 years ago

In the LE is there any gameplay differences or differences on the pf?

From what I read it seems it's just a cosmetic thing?

#1526 3 years ago

Playfield looks fantastic, but there is a serious lack of Alien(s) related quotes in the subsequent replies.

"Heighway have got this in the pipe, five by five..."

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Only cosmetics. As it should be.

#1528 3 years ago

I still am a little confused, I like the portability of the game and I am in on an early LE but with that trim and other custom items am I really going to be able to port over and install a new playfield on their next game?? It just seems if I get an LE then I am more or less stuck with custom trim and things that likely won't mesh with the next game? Can I possibly choose to get an LE without custom colored trim for less bu still have any other add-ons?

On that note can I put a full throttle in if my first game is an Alien LE?

#1529 3 years ago

...any idea when this will ship?

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I still am a little confused, I like the portability of the game and I am in on an early LE but with that trim and other custom items am I really going to be able to port over and install a new playfield on their next game?? It just seems if I get an LE then I am more or less stuck with custom trim and things that likely won't mesh with the next game? Can I possibly choose to get an LE without custom colored trim for less bu still have any other add-ons?
On that note can I put a full throttle in if my first game is an Alien LE?

Yes you can.

I am not sure about Alien but with Full Throttle LE you can choose 2 different colors for the cabinet (black or red) If you go with black(I would guess that is an option for Alien also) it is pretty universal when it comes to theme, the only difference vs the pro is that the cabinet has a more glossy finish. I would Imagine The becons on top is easy to take off the machine. All the artwork is easily changeable so I see no reason to worry about this.

I went with the pro since I saw no reason to buy an LE when I can pick and choose what extras I would like for each playfield. Only thing I am missing out on is the glossy finish on the cab and if that becomes an issue in the future I guess I can order an empty LE cabinet later.

Edit: Sorry. I guess you were talking about the green trim on the glass frame etc.?

#1531 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Just cosmetics. No deleted spinners, or removed drop targets or any nonsense like that.

Quoted from bemmett:

It just seems if I get an LE then I am more or less stuck with custom trim and things that likely won't mesh with the next game? Can I possibly choose to get an LE without custom colored trim for less bu still have any other add-ons?

The LE option is really for people who intend to keep the game whole I guess? Obviously you can do whatever you want, but that's what makes sense to me.

However, to your other question, you can actually add the cosmetic LE options to a Standard. The only things you can't add are the powder coat, which you didn't want, and the LE-exclusive art package. That you'd just have to live without I guess. It's what sets the LE apart and is actually truly limited.

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just cosmetics. No deleted spinners, or removed drop targets or any nonsense like that.

The LE option is really for people who intend to keep the game whole I guess? Obviously you can do whatever you want, but that's what makes sense to me.
However, to your other question, you can actually add the cosmetic LE options to a Standard. The only things you can't add are the powder coat, which you didn't want, and the LE-exclusive art package. That you'd just have to live without I guess. It's what sets the LE apart and is actually truly limited.

Is the LE play field art different?

#1533 3 years ago

Love this game so far. Standard for me. I have no doubt that Aurich is going to put together a crazy good art package for both. LE buyers of course get both art packages.

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is the LE play field art different?

No, just the side art and the backglass are different for the LE.

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...any idea when this will ship?

If Full Throttle and the Hobbit have taught us anything, then spring at the earliest. I sure hope I'm wrong because I have cash in hand ready to buy if it's good. I just feel that's the reality of it.

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Sometimes other people want you to as well!

+1

#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Rest my case..

what's your deal dude? you open a case on me did ya? keep your nevgative bs to yourself. no one wants to see it

#1538 3 years ago

Maybe I'm in the minority here but for the extra cheddar of an LE I'd want toys and features not found on the standard. Make LE mean something not just have different art. But that may be just me.

#1539 3 years ago

I think the Heighway approach to LE is spot on. I hate this whole business of a subset in the right place at the right time (with the big wallets) getting extra gameplay features.

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but for the extra cheddar of an LE I'd want toys and features not found on the standard. Make LE mean something not just have different art. But that may be just me.

That's true, but only because Stern has "conditioned" you to think that way. Just saying.

I think All pins should have the same game play features. If you want to drop some extra $ to get a pimped out Alien or whatever in an LE model, then more power to you. However, you should NOT have to drop extra $ to get a complete playfield & features! Sterns pro vs. Premium/LE is really not good business.

#1541 3 years ago

Is there going to be a prototype at EXPO in October? I would think by now Andrew has decided if he's going to EXPO and what he will ship... Maybe its too soon for a prototype?

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is there going to be a prototype at EXPO in October? I would think by now Andrew has decided if he's going to EXPO and what he will ship... Maybe its too soon for a prototype?

An Alien Prototype @ Expo would be a Home Run!!! I sure hope they can get one there, it would be a game changer to those that are looking for a NIB pin!

#1543 3 years ago

I'm really hoping you can get a different color trim for the LE, not into the green and would much prefer black or chrome. That would make swapping game PF's down the road alot better.

#1544 3 years ago

I would bet on Andrew doing the art reveal (even if it was approved tomorrow) at the Chicago Expo in October to multiply its wow factor.

If I were a betting man, I would predict a prototype aliens white-wood, 2 production full throttles and the "big art package reveal" in Andrews seminar at the Chicago Expo.

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I would bet on...
If I were a betting man...

you are already LOL

#1546 3 years ago

White-woods sounds like a good idea but many people is underwhelmed when seeing a white-wood and that first impression stays with them, so I am not sure bringing white-woods to expo is such a good idea. It is also a lot of extra work, bringing a white-wood all the way from the uk.

A prototype with finished toys and art, sure but not a white-wood.

#1547 3 years ago

This is what Andrew said earlier in this thread:

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

So what does this mean for the timeline of this game? Everyone involved with this game is in agreement that we are going to target the UK Pinball Party, on 21st-23rd August 2015 (at Heighway Pinball’s factory in Merthyr Tydfil, UK) as the global launch of this game.

That is only a few weeks away. If that has changed he should probably temper expectations then.

#1548 3 years ago

I do have 1 idea though:

At the UKPP, create a closed secure room for "eyeballs only" with small groups of 4, all phones and devices are checked at the door.

I've seen this done at trade shows. Back when I was in the video game biz, we were brought into a private booth at CES for an early look at the Sega Saturn before it was publicly revealed.

#1549 3 years ago

I do not mean to be negative here but no chance in hell it will be finished in 2,5 weeks.

2,5 months, maybe. Even that timeline is doubtful. It is just the way of dealing with a big studio licensee.

Of course, I would love to be proven wrong.

Anyway, a couple of more months is peanuts compared to other announced machines and I have no problems with waiting a bit longer.

Since Full Throttle production has just barely started, they are still on track regarding the 4 months between games model

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm really hoping you can get a different color trim for the LE, not into the green and would much prefer black or chrome. That would make swapping game PF's down the road alot better.

That's an interesting point. I wonder what % of people buying the LE over a Standard would do so with plans to swap?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside