pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 601.
#15151 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Why walk away and hand over all the assets to investors, there is money involved, sold his shares or is still a share holder

Basic algebra:

Assets = Liabilities + Equity
Equity = Assets - Liabilities
If Liabilities > Assets, Equity < 0.

Trading worthless equity in exchange for investors assuming outstanding liabilities can often be a reasonable trade.

#15152 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Time to break out the scanner! With that many, might be worth sending them out to be professionally scanned.

Thought about that as well. First, it would cost a small fortune. Second, I'd have to go through them all anyway. I can fit 8 at a time on my scanner...just need to make time...

#15153 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thought about that as well. First, it would cost a small fortune. Second, I'd have to go through them all anyway. I can fit 8 at a time on my scanner...just need to make time...

TheKorn has a business for this... talk to him for some horse-trading I'm sure

#15154 6 years ago

i know a girl i grew up with on facebook took the time to scan some old school photos from like 1984. it was very nice of her to share them.

im the guy in the blue fishnet shirt. this is one of my oldest pictures, my house burned down when i was sixteen. right around this time.

i didnt know what was coming.

the girls i grew up with were pretty hot.
(as you can see bottom left) i kissed many of them here. some of them kissed each other. they remember me i know! i certainly remember them.

back to alien...

10398888_1144245483322_3852973_n (resized).jpg10398888_1144245483322_3852973_n (resized).jpg

#15155 6 years ago

5 years ago, an acquaintance started an auction company with a friend and had 1600 sq. feet office in front to sublet to me. The auction business went on about 15 months. It was not making money. In comes a new partner. The guys were tired of working so hard for chicken feed and proceeded to negotiate a sale of the failing business to a new party. As soon as they had a handshake agreement on the sale, these guys baled and left the buyer high and dry. The transfer degraded into a 9 month lawsuit where the guys I knew lost spectacularly because one of the partners had just under a thousand text messages saying anything the buyer wanted to hear so he wouldn't get sucked back in. In the end it became clear that the guys I knew could have extricated themselves cleanly if they would have cooperated on the hand off.

When people have struggled for a period of time, they get very desperate to drop the yoke. If Andrew wants to protect his name and legacy, he'd better be willing to spend some time facilitating the transfer. If he signed the papers and said AMFYOYO and can no longer be bothered to any significant degree, then he has decided to sink the project.

#15156 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

If he signed the papers and said AMFYOYO and can no longer be bothered to any significant degree, then he has decided to sink the project.

Except these guys have supposedly been involved with the project for quite some time. It's possible they have a good understanding of the current state of the project and how to move it forward without Andrew's help or interference.

#15157 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

i know a girl i grew up with on facebook took the time to scan some old school photos from like 1984. it was very nice of her to share them.

me...back in the day
...back to Alien...

ted_corvette (resized).jpgted_corvette (resized).jpg

#15158 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Pinside - so good right now

Funny. I can hardly read it lately. I'm burned out on all the chatter. Other than seeing the new games and my local clubs, I'm passig over most of it the last few months.

#15159 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

me...back in the day
...back to Alien...

Geez Ted you were a badass!

What happened to ya buddy?

#15160 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

What happened to ya buddy?

Time! (me 1995)

V3 ted alien (resized).jpgV3 ted alien (resized).jpg

#15161 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Time! (me 1995)

Horsepucky! Remember the smokin bowflex grandma?

Just gotta up your resistance...

BOWFLEX GRANDMA (resized).jpgBOWFLEX GRANDMA (resized).jpg

#15162 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Time! (me 1995)

Are you the one on the left or on the right?

#15163 6 years ago

Got to play Alien at the NW show as well and for me, it was my favorite of all of the new games.

Shots felt good, callouts were great and really made you feel immersed into the world. Layout was fun and different too without feeling clunky.

I actually really liked the playfield display as I didn't know them game and it allowed me to keep my eyes on the playfield instead of looking up to find out what was happening. The display animations and information look amazing on the large backglass display.

I also think that this game will be a big earner on route. It just looks awesome when you walk up to it and I imagine that the liscense will be a huge attraction. I know people keep saying they want unlicensed games but damn did it feel fun to put youit self into Ripley's shoes and tear into some Alien scum.

I really hope that everything works out for the production of this game because I would happily kick out a couple older titles to fund one if I can count on post production support. Thanks Tommy and Nitro for giving us the opportunity to see it and play it in person.

#15164 6 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Got to play Alien at the NW show as well and for me, it was my favorite of all of the new games.

We're talking about me! Don't get off topic....

ted cigar dream_e19313fb47 (resized).jpgted cigar dream_e19313fb47 (resized).jpg

#15165 6 years ago

Jordache Jeans, Ted?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15166 6 years ago

Im out. So dissapointing.

#15167 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

me...back in the day
...back to Alien...

Not so little Ted Corvette...

#15168 6 years ago

Wait, why has this thread turned into reliving the glory days? In that case:

#15169 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wait, why has this thread turned into reliving the glory days?

Well, we have nothing else to chat about.....yet!

ted van gogh U (resized).jpgted van gogh U (resized).jpg

#15170 6 years ago

...hope to hear some positive Alien news soon.

#15171 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Also have a scoring issue on multiplayer games where it would only show 2 digits of your score per player after ball one.

To expand on this it happens on .97 when there is a 4 player game. Scores are normal for ball 1 and get screwed as soon as player 4 bonus ends.

#15172 6 years ago

Copied from the other thread - seems it should be here as well:

Quoted from daudioguy:

....progress....
Nitro graciously loaned me the Alien that was at NWPAS. I'm testing the s*** out of it. There are issues that are being fed back to Wales to insure that when production resumes these games will be robust. Of course I am having my first chance to review the sound package while flipping. I made some good judgments and I missed a few (first try). This is to be expected. I will be addressing these as fast as I can. While doing that I am also reviewing and testing the entire package and giving notes back to the team. This refinement stage can only be done with a machine. In the very near future all the dev team will have dev machines and this will speed the enhancement process.
If you have liked what you have experienced so far we expect that you will be even more pleased with the finished package.
ddt

#15173 6 years ago

Strong work sunking

#15174 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To expand on this it happens on .97 when there is a 4 player game. Scores are normal for ball 1 and get screwed as soon as player 4 bonus ends.

This is true. A bug related to player context switching snuck into that version. It's fixed in 0.98 and later. I do apologize, that's a terribly embarrassing bug that never should've gotten out. It affects any multiplayer game; single player games should be fine.

#15175 6 years ago

Super sad that I had to cancel out of the pre-order via paypal methods due to the lack of communication. I think this will be my last time of pre-ordering pinball games for the foreseeable future. Bummer.

#15176 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I think this will be my last time of pre-ordering pinball games for the foreseeable future. Bummer.

can someone, for the love of god, tell me the benefits of preordering/prepaying... i have yet to work it out.

#15177 6 years ago

You get your game earlier than if you wait for them to be in stock

#15178 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

can someone, for the love of god, tell me the benefits of preordering/prepaying... i have yet to work it out.

Quoted from gtxjoe:

You get your game earlier than if you wait for them to be in stock

And if you get in early enough, you get to beta test the machine, so there's that!

Seriously though, with a game like TBL, I think there's a fear of missing out if a limited run sells out (which it did for TBL, of course, though it's hard to remember that now).

#15179 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

I had the cash in hand. Had I not given it to Heighway I'd have blown it on something else. I really want an Alien so I rolled the dice. Of course at the time I did know it was such a big roll.

#15180 6 years ago

Hopefully the games start into production soon and they ship without issues.

I'm thinking of getting an LE if I see positive signs I will probably get via a dealer as opposed to direct to protect myself.

It think the price is good here on the UK as opposed to the NIB Sterns and I would like to support a UK producer if they can get their act to together.

Alien is a killer theme although there are a lot of killer themes out at the moment

Alien Star Wars Metallica ghostbusters iron maiden slayer remake attack from mars etc all highly desirable pins!

#15181 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

To lock in at the preorder price. LE is currently £900 ($1150) more expensive than the original price, and that's before the proposed price rises.

One for gamblers only though, and any more than £1k for the deposit would have taken me over my personal stake limit .

#15182 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

The company gets a multiyear, interest free loan from you. That's the benefit.

(Pre-orderers get zero benefits and zero game)

#15183 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not entirely true, of course, as you know a number of pre-order situations have worked out in the end (usually after several years of frustration). But the hit/miss ratio is still quite alarming.

#15184 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

in the case of Jpop, 25 people did eventually get games and the value of those games seems to have gone up ~4k from purchase (despite being nothing more than a box of blinky lights made to stay off litigation)

in the case of TBL, 50? people have gotten games and some appear to think they are now doubled in value

in the case of Alien, 24 people have gotten games

So far, Predator is the big flop. Only thing we have gotten there is hours of entertainment and the knowledge that Kevin and crews lives are misserable because of what they all did.

I agree the pre-order is stupid all around, but providing the reasoning why it still lives on. When only 1 company has been a 100% flop, there are potential upsides for people.

#15185 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in the case of Jpop, 25 people did eventually get games and the value of those games seems to have gone up ~4k from purchase (despite being nothing more than a box of blinky lights made to stay off litigation)
in the case of TBL, 50? people have gotten games and some appear to think they are now doubled in value
So far, Predator is the big flop. Only thing we have gotten there is hours of entertainment and the knowledge that Kevin and crews lives are misserable because of what they all did.
I agree the pre-order is stupid all around, but providing the reasoning why it still lives on. When only 1 company has been a 100% flop, there are potential upsides for people.

Tell that to the other people who are out games from the companies you mentioned

#15186 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Tell that to the other people who are out games from the companies you mentioned

oh, I completely understand (I am out money also with multiple companies mentioned)

I was just pointing out that some people did in fact benefit. Prime example is the guy that sold his MG slot for 23k on the post expo hype. It is like playing the lotto. IN that case, 1 person paid in 16k and sold just the position before the game even delivered and profited a bunch of money. Because some did in fact benefit, it seems to keep others pulling on the hendle to gamble in the pre-order model...

#15187 6 years ago

After hearing various production numbers mentioned for Alien.

Is the "24" units mentioned above actually factual or guesstimate?

#15188 6 years ago
Quoted from athena:

After hearing various production numbers mentioned for Alien.
Is the "24" units mentioned above actually factual or guesstimate?

just a guess but a guess based on paying pretty close attention and from numerous conversations about stuff as they progressed.

Somewhere between 17-24 from my math, but I choose to shoot on the high side for that.

#15189 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

25 JPOP games were delivered?

In the case of JPOP, over a HUNDRED people got effed with RAZA and AIW.

About two HUNDRED people are currently getting effed by DP with TBL.

HUNDREDS of people are currently getting effed by Heighway with Alien.

Everyone in Predator got effed.

Everyone was in on these games before all these failures actually happened. I'd like to hope that pre-orders don't live on with new companies.

#15190 6 years ago

Simply interested as an alien owner but it was lower than I'd heard.

Rumour is only 4 in UK so I was guessing the 40-60 units I'd heard was over estimating especially as it's a uk based company but I'm surprised it's as low as 24. I guess most went to states.

Let's hope they still get made as in my opinion it is a great pin and it would be a crime not to get as many out into the wild as possible.

Very hard though so you need proper play time to get into it, a quick go at a show doesn't give enough time to realise. Though that's true of most pins I guess.

Theme is amazing. I was another who lost out on predator which was my other dream theme. Gutted. The two together would have been awesome.

#15191 6 years ago

Two together.....hey JJP make AVP!!

#15192 6 years ago

I've played Alien. It's not that great. Dialed In! is actually a lot more fun.

#15193 6 years ago
Quoted from flippersandballs:

Given my experience playing at shows, I actually found Dialed In more fun than Alien as well. That said, there's something about Dialed In that I'm completely not interested in, and something about Alien that makes me assume I'd grow into it in a home environment.

#15194 6 years ago

Yep well once again negative opinion from someone who doesn't own it. Buy one. Play it properly than decide.

how many features did you experience to make this informed statement?

I'd rather hear what other owners think. They are the ones who really know, but everyone can have an opinion even if it's misguided I suppose.

#15195 6 years ago
Quoted from athena:

Theme is amazing. I was another who lost out on predator which was my other dream theme. Gutted. The two together would have been awesome.

Andrew bought my AvP pachinko machine. Just saying

#15196 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Given my experience playing at shows, I actually found Dialed In more fun than Alien as well. That said, there's something about Dialed In that I'm completely not interested in, and something about Alien that makes me assume I'd grow into it in a home environment.

Cheeks Sure. At home you can tune Alien the way you like, because in the show the shots felt clunky to me.

#15197 6 years ago
Quoted from flippersandballs:

You are "Off topic" but the theme sucks, sorry

#15198 6 years ago

I never voice opinions on pins until I've owned them, put some hours into playing it than decide.

Opinions change as you learn the game first hand.

#15199 6 years ago

DI is a family game and Aliens is Sci Fi horror, can't really compare the 2, I would rather flip Alien any day but I'm not into emojis and selfies, cartoon graphics and the like, still I enjoy playing DI very much, but its the theme and that matters, hopefully Aliens get made and having both pins out there is a great thing.

#15200 6 years ago
Quoted from athena:

Yep well once again negative opinion from someone who doesn't own it. Buy one. Play it properly than decide.
how many features did you experience to make this informed statement?
I'd rather hear what other owners think. They are the ones who really know, but everyone can have an opinion even if it's misguided I suppose.

athena Opinions are exactly that, and you have zero authority to tell me what to say or do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/304?hl=dust2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.