• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 493.
#15051 2 years ago

At the moment, they haven't even produced 100 machines yet, that's FTH and Alien combined, over the 3 or so years. I think it's a little early to be saying that they'll be pumping out 100 a month in the space of 3 months, with an unproven factory and no skilled workforce to speak of.

#15052 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

They aren't even close to being at the same scale or industry presence as Stern right now and I think it's going to take more than a few months for that to change.

So? Who cares if it takes a year even...if you don't have money involved? Buy when they are shipping. If you do have money involved you have a choice...get out or wait and see.

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

FTH has been out for what, 2 years? It still doesn't have a manual. Operators who buy in big numbers like manuals.

Old news, old company.

#15053 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

At the moment, they haven't even produced 100 machines yet, that's FTH and Alien combined, over the 3 or so years.

That is speculation.

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

I think it's a little early to be saying that they'll be pumping out 100 a month in the space of 3 months, with an unproven factory and no skilled workforce to speak of.

I agree...that's pretty ambitious.

#15054 2 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

The investor group will attend the factory on a daily basis from now on, but please let us remind you that is not us who actually build your games.

Thank God they clarified that!

#15055 2 years ago

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is happy to announce we will feature the Northwest debut of ALIEN this weekend at the show! Alien will be in the Nitro Pinball booth the entire 3 days of the show on free play, so get your game on!

The 2017 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show takes place June 9th - 11th at the Tacoma Convention Center in Washington State! The show features over 400 pinball and arcade machines from the 1950s to today, tournaments, world record high score attempts, vendors, seminars, guest speakers, raffles and prizes. This convention draws 4,000 collectors, players and fans of classic coin-op games.
This is our 10th show! Expect more games, more tournaments, more vendors, more speakers and lots of cool things to see and do! All 400+ games at the show will be on freeplay the entire weekend! We will have Houdini, Alien, 2 Dialed Ins, a P3, 20 of the latest Sterns including 2 new AC/DC Vault Editions, a number of homebrew pinball and arcade games!

alien-pinball-playfield-screen (resized).jpg

#15056 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is happy to announce we will feature the Northwest debut of ALIEN this weekend at the show! Alien will be in the Nitro Pinball booth the entire 3 days of the show on free play, so get your game on!
The 2017 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show takes place June 9th - 11th at the Tacoma Convention Center in Washington State! The show features over 400 pinball and arcade machines from the 1950s to today, tournaments, world record high score attempts, vendors, seminars, guest speakers, raffles and prizes. This convention draws 4,000 collectors, players and fans of classic coin-op games.
This is our 10th show! Expect more games, more tournaments, more vendors, more speakers and lots of cool things to see and do! All 400+ games at the show will be on freeplay the entire weekend! We will have Houdini, Alien, 2 Dialed Ins, a P3, 20 of the latest Sterns including 2 new AC/DC Vault Editions, a number of homebrew pinball and arcade games!

With or without a working xenomorph?

#15057 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

With or without a working xenomorph?

I guess we will find out! But I'm pretty sure both the Alien and Houdini are on the show circuit tour, I'm not expecting anything new, but still pretty excited to see the prototypes.

#15058 2 years ago

What is the full list of ALIEN distributors in America?

#15059 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What is the full list of ALIEN distributors in America?

If by America you mean the US I believe Cointaker is the exclusive distributor.

#15060 2 years ago

If by North America,you are including Canada.
That would be Nitro Amusements.

#15061 2 years ago

How long is the license agreement good for?
Can they even get that many ...1200 made before it expires? My guess is 300 games by christmas if there lucky.
Im sure damn rooting for them.

#15062 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wish there was a west coast distributor.

#15063 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You are still talking pinball and not pizza or pot, right?

#15064 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You are still talking pinball and not pizza or pot, right?

Yes, pinball. Cointaker not at all local. Rather have c-container of Alien end up at port of long beach or san pedro.
Here in cali we have way to much pot and pizza.

#15065 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

My point is right now no one is going to be placing orders with them due to the negative image they've got.

I know what you are saying but it sure hasn't slowed down stern any. Node boards, playfield issues and now cabinets. Not to mention banning people on social media for even asking questions. If Alien starts shipping in numbers and support is good I believe they will do fine.

#15066 2 years ago

aliens.png

#15067 2 years ago

Well, Nitro is a West Coast distributor for those of us up in the Northwest.

And if you are talking pot, it's super legal up here, you can buy it like beer at the corner pot store, there are about 10 within a 15 minutes drive from my house. Honestly, I don't understand why other states haven't all followed suit, it makes everyone more chill.

#15068 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Well, Nitro is a West Coast distributor for those of us up in the Northwest.
And if you are talking pot, it's super legal up here, you can buy it like beer at the corner pot store, there are about 10 within a 15 minutes drive from my house. Honestly, I don't understand why other states haven't all followed suit, it makes everyone more chill.

This is how to relax when thinking about your Alien preorder

20170608_065546 (resized).jpg

#15069 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Excuse me, let me be more precise, I mean Murica!

Well, yeah, it's back on their site!

http://cointaker.com/products/aliens-standard-pinball-with-27-backbox-lcd

#15070 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Excuse me, let me be more precise, I mean Murica!
Well, yeah, it's back on their site!
http://cointaker.com/products/aliens-standard-pinball-with-27-backbox-lcd

So, the standard Alien went up in price $1500 to around the Stern LE and DI Standard pricing range?

#15071 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So, the standard Alien went up in price $1500 to around the Stern LE and DI Standard pricing range?

And they want to sell more machines...?
Price bump sucks...this is another nail in the coffin for Highway..
Time to start the...Remember when we almost had Aliens thread...

#15072 2 years ago

And they want to sell more machines...?
Price bump sucks...this is another nail in the coffin for Highway..
Time to start the...Remember when we almost had Aliens thread...

This huge price increase is not just a nail in the coffin of Alien pinball, but to Heighway pinball and their modular system. The modular units are only attractive if they are at least $1000 less than Stern Pros and it does not appear that price target is going to be feasible.

#15073 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

This huge price increase is not just a nail in the coffin of Alien pinball, but to Heighway pinball and their modular system. The modular units are only attractive if they are at least $1000 less than Stern Pros and it does not appear that price target is going to be feasible.

Indeed. With no benifits you just have to stomach the look of that god awful shit show of a cabinet.

#15074 2 years ago

Pinball is crazy expensive now. Stern Premium price point has hit $7300 (street) with Star Wars, I dunno what to say. This is what it costs now to buy new pins I guess. I don't know anything about new Heighway prices, but with the big LCD upgrade cost it looks like Alien has been put in line with Stern.

I'm pretty much done at these prices myself, but with the way people are scrambling to buy the Star Wars LE even without any real upgrades to make it special or what they're paying for Dialed In far be it from me to say anything is dead.

#15075 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pinball is crazy expensive now. Stern Premium price point has hit $7300 (street) with Star Wars, I dunno what to say. This is what it costs now to buy new pins I guess. I don't know anything about new Heighway prices, but with the big LCD upgrade cost it looks like Alien has been put in line with Stern.
I'm pretty much done at these prices myself, but with the way people are scrambling to buy the Star Wars LE even without any real upgrades to make it special or what they're paying for Dialed In far be it from me to say anything is dead.

I would have to gather a guess that the increase for that game is most likely from being a Disney based game / license. Then again, they may keep their other future properties there at the same price point as well. Vicious cycle and all. Like someone here mentioned, the only way at this point this is all going to come to a screeching halt regarding price and people throwing their credit cards at it is a huge crash of the economy and/or massive civil unrest which also negatively affects the the economy.

#15076 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I would have to gather a guess that the increase for that game is most likely from being a Disney based game / license.

The Disney license wouldn't have been cheap, especially considering JJP would have been in the running for it as well. Also they've just launched a new cabinet/hardware design and those development costs have to be soaked up.

#15077 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just so you guys know, this was the price on Cointakers website about 2-3 weeks ago. Before everything went down with Andrew and the new investors. I know because I checked their website.

Also, if you look closely, the price includes the 27'' screen, inside side blades, and shipping. All of which were add-ons to the original $6,400 (?) price tag.

#15078 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The modulare swappable playfield never interested me. I wouldnt want to store a populated playfield, it doesnt make sense.
I see it for guys with small footprint basements in europe, but thats it.
Also, theres only one other table available.
Im also not seeing company make it to 3rd table. Look how hard its been for these two.

#15079 2 years ago

IMO Aliens still looks like a bargain compared to a Stern premium. They just need to get them production worthy.

Locking in the price is the only clear benefit of pre-ordering to me.

JJP started WOZ at $6500 for the ECLE with planned increases in the first year to $7000 and $7500, finally topping out at $9000 towards the end of availability.

That price break came with a bunch of ups and downs and delays and risk.

I really hope Heighway can weather this storm for both the buyers and the people who devoted so much time to getting it to this point. The game looks great.

#15080 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Also, if you look closely, the price includes the 27'' screen, inside side blades, and shipping. All of which were add-ons to the original $6,400 (?) price tag.

True, but that was always the case with Cointaker, in that they included the 27" screen, at least that was the case with their LE pricing. The inside blades is part of the standard, but the illuminated inside blades are additional. So this does look to be a significant price hike on the surface. After you add the other LE features, the standard will be north of 9k at this point. Ouch! I jumped out when things started getting squirrely better than a month ago and highly doubt I would jump back in at that price out of principal if for no other reason.

#15081 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

True, but that was always the case with Cointaker, in that they included the 27" screen, at least that was the case with their LE pricing. The inside blades is part of the standard, but the illuminated inside blades are additional. So this does look to be a significant price hike on the surface. After you add the other LE features, the standard will be north of 9k at this point. Ouch! I jumped out when things started getting squirrely better than a month ago and highly doubt I would jump back in at that price out of principal if for no other reason.

Inside illuminated blades is what I meant.

My point is that the $7999 price from Cointaker was before Andrew stepped down and the investors took over and implied that there would be a price increase. So the "price increase" that is mentioned in the emails hasn't been implemented yet, at least not on Cointakers website.

#15082 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Just so you guys know, this was the price on Cointakers website about 2-3 weeks ago. Before everything went down with Andrew and the new investors. I know because I checked their website.

I believe you are right. I mistakenly overlooked those costs/features.
Then I guess for the base game it is about a $500 price increase and about $1000 in add-ons and shipping that make the price go from $6500 to $8000.
How much will the modular kits cost? $5000 for the kits is going to price most people out when they can get a whole Stern Pro with LCD for almost the same price shipped.

#15083 2 years ago

The modulare swappable playfield never interested me. I wouldnt want to store a populated playfield, it doesnt make sense.
I see it for guys with small footprint basements in europe, but thats it.
Also, theres only one other table available.
Im also not seeing company make it to 3rd table. Look how hard its been for these two.

It would have worked for me as a way to have more games without being limited by the wife. Space is not the issue.
Like you said, the future does not seem bright for this to work out.

#15084 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spare a thought for us UK Pinheads ........ a Premium is £8495 / $10995 .......!!!

#15085 2 years ago

Just wanted to follow this up...

PayPal was wonderful. 11 days after I initiated my claim they have ruled in my favor and refunded my $1000 deposit.

Anybody that is still in the 180 day window at PayPal should initiate a claim if you are getting ignored by Heighway in your refund request.

Heighway did NOT respond to PayPal(along with not responding to me here or via email).

No matter who the Heighway management is at this time it is horrible that they refuse to respond to ANYONE!

Crazy. I wish everybody luck on receiving their Aliens(or refund) but as far as me and Heighway... never, EVER again! IMO you done blew it guys.

Quoted from JeffF:

So I just went to PayPal to see what the actual claims procedure was. The first part of it is "establishing email communication" so I figured what the heck, I'll do that.
Well shit on a shingle...
PayPal instantly came back with they are "no longer able to communicate with Heighway Pinball" so they took me right to the actual claim form.
This don't look good...
[edit]
Ok, now I went to the claim details page and it looks like PayPal must have some way of communicating since they said they are waiting to hear back from Heighway Pinball. If they don't hear back by June 7th they will move forward(hopefully that means initiate the refund).
Looks like they skipped over the "Dispute" and the "Escalation" steps.

#15086 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Heighway did NOT respond to PayPal(along with not responding to me here or via email).
No matter who the Heighway management is at this time it is horrible that they refuse to respond to ANYONE!

I'm glad you got your money back!

That being said Heighway cannot currently respond to requests. There is no "current management". Andrew is gone and the new investors have not signed the legal documents yet. It's in "limbo" until they legally take over.

#15087 2 years ago

Nobody sent a deposit to Heighway to "invest" in their company and do the "limbo"...

#15088 2 years ago

Yes this has been the truth all along from day one. Sure an LE would run you about $8K, but with the add-on 27" LCD, invisiglass & air shipping, you were looking to pay about another $1K on top of that. Absurd if you ask me.

Now with an upcoming price hike, I really wonder what they would charge & what changes will be made. Part of the problem was that there was just too many options over the course of the entire project (big backbox LCD, small backbox LCD, lighted pinblades, beacons, trim upgrades, invisiglass, shakers, El-wire, etc etc). That's a lot of extra parts to buy. And since this project dragged out over so many years, I'm sure costs had to go up due to so many variables & problems during production (including factors outside their control, like Brexit & the value of the Euro).

I don't see how they can come up with a plan to move forward until all customer refunds are processed first. With each passing day, refund requests have to be an increasing sum of money. They have to take care of this ASAP. They can't move forward without dealing with it. It has to be a big part of finalizing the deal.

After that, they should reassess everything. Come up with different cost effective configurations for the relaunch. Dump the ramp El-wire lighting as it is expensive (and does not fit the theme). Offer one LE trim color, not three. One cabinet color on all models. Standardize the 27" screen, so you only need one art package, or just make it an LE option & include it in the price. Etc etc. It's clear there never was a clear plan of what this final game would include or even look like. Those that are staying in may have to adjust their expectations, as the final package might not be exactly what Andrew promised.

Who am I kidding? Who knows if any of that will even happen. The whole thing is just frustrating as hell. Just send me my damn refund.

#15089 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Dump the ramp El-wire lighting as it is expensive (and does not fit the theme).

This would be a good start. It's an $800 option and it just doesn't look right to me for this game, and actually junks up the ramps a bit. I like all the other options.

#15090 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This would be a good start. It's an $800 option and it just doesn't look right to me for this game, and actually junks up the ramps a bit. I like all the other options.

Yes get rid of that, looks like shit and who cares.

JJP survived and this theme blows away anything they have come up with.

Woz, Hobbit, Dialed In or Aliens? Not even a fair comparison. And for the toy junkies its jammed with more crap than any of those pins.

#15091 2 years ago

If the RGB lighting is working correctly, the EL Wire fights with it, IMO, and has a limited "show" affect relative to the theme.

The streamlining ideas work for the model they have and every financial reason.

I guess, we/I all are guessing, and will simply have to wait and see.

#15092 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Nobody sent a deposit to Heighway to "invest" in their company and do the "limbo"...

Well not to their knowledge anyway.

#15093 2 years ago

So no LE on the website? And with only the 27" LCD option you can't get a full backglass anymore? Hmm. I was interested before, but this kind of kills that interest some. It is becoming less modular. That to me was an good thing. Two (or more) games taking up one spot worked good for me. But now I think it is more wait and see where this is going.

#15094 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm glad you got your money back!
That being said Heighway cannot currently respond to requests. There is no "current management". Andrew is gone and the new investors have not signed the legal documents yet. It's in "limbo" until they legally take over.

If Andrew is "gone", the transition has failed. If no one responds to the PP disputes, this suggests to me that Andrew has some physical or mental breakdown going on. It's totally in Andrew's interest to smooth the transition. Can anyone verify that Andrew has abandoned the operation before he has a deal?

#15095 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

If Andrew is "gone", the transition has failed. If no one responds to the PP disputes, this suggests to me that Andrew has some physical or mental breakdown going on. It's totally in Andrew's interest to smooth the transition. Can anyone verify that Andrew has abandoned the operation before he has a deal?

Man overboard!! Last heard from here 10 days ago. Wish he was still engaged in the transition. At least he quickly turned over customer lists and company files (presumably) as the new Owners used them this week to send emails. Still awaiting word of the new company's formation.

#15096 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yes this has been the truth all along from day one. Sure an LE would run you about $8K, but with the add-on 27" LCD, invisiglass & air shipping, you were looking to pay about another $1K on top of that. Absurd if you ask me.
Now with an upcoming price hike, I really wonder what they would charge & what changes will be made. Part of the problem was that there was just too many options over the course of the entire project (big backbox LCD, small backbox LCD, lighted pinblades, beacons, trim upgrades, invisiglass, shakers, El-wire, etc etc). That's a lot of extra parts to buy. And since this project dragged out over so many years, I'm sure costs had to go up due to so many variables & problems during production (including factors outside their control, like Brexit & the value of the Euro).
I don't see how they can come up with a plan to move forward until all customer refunds are processed first. With each passing day, refund requests have to be an increasing sum of money. They have to take care of this ASAP. They can't move forward without dealing with it. It has to be a big part of finalizing the deal.
After that, they should reassess everything. Come up with different cost effective configurations for the relaunch. Dump the ramp El-wire lighting as it is expensive (and does not fit the theme). Offer one LE trim color, not three. One cabinet color on all models. Standardize the 27" screen, so you only need one art package, or just make it an LE option & include it in the price. Etc etc. It's clear there never was a clear plan of what this final game would include or even look like. Those that are staying in may have to adjust their expectations, as the final package might not be exactly what Andrew promised.
Who am I kidding? Who knows if any of that will even happen. The whole thing is just frustrating as hell. Just send me my damn refund.

Those are some valid points, scope creep can be devastating to projects or product development. I think they wanted to give everyone what they wanted but probably should have finalized a set of features and went with it. If the new guys running the company have manufacturing experience they probably understand that and will likely try to address it in some way. I still hope they get the ship righted and start shipping games steadily. If they do I'm very likely to buy one, I almost sent a deposit multiple times but I'm glad I didn't.

#15097 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Or maybe they are just in a "quiet period" while the legal transition takes place??? Not very nice to suggest someone has suffered a mental breakdown.

#15098 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No, Sigourney Weaver is not part of this game in anyway. And no one on the team is more disappointed than me.
I guess we should've offered her more than a free pinball machine and a tour of the factory.

This post always stayed with me. Now that we've turned a page, was this for real, or what more could be said about it?

#15099 2 years ago

This game doesn't need her voice or likeness. It plays fine as a first player-perspective. What quotes or scenes related to her (and needing her consent) would even add to this game? I just watched both movies and it's more about the alien and survival than her as a character.

#15100 2 years ago

So who has a line on one of those crazy-big Xenomorph toppers like the Freddy everyone uses with their Nightmare on Elm Street pins? I figured some prop or Halloween supply place would have made one for Alien, but all I'm seeing are the full-scale models that cost $7k+ on ebay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside