pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 601.
#101 9 years ago

I was debating this game or Lebowski, but DP made the decision for me with the $500 price bump. Dream theme + Nordman is a win for me...and I agree, it will certainly look great next to Predator.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

With the screen, it's difficult to lock down the screen design to any one style because you restrict the usage and impact of the screen. For example, someone suggested (Aurich I believe) that there could be a 'Mother' decal for the screen. This would be great for all 'Mother' type messages, but would be unsuitable for a full screen motion tracker. We believe the best and most versatile solution is to let the screen itself provide the surround graphics

That wasn't me, but I did think about the motion tracker idea. I rejected it (like actually making the window half round) because you're right, too restrictive.

I'd just love to see you find a creative way to hide the "rectangle hole with screen in it" look. But in a way that doesn't overly restrict you, 100% hear that. Like a slightly rounded border, like an old school CRT, with a bezel graphic. Would only take up a small percentage of the very edge of the screen, could still do anything with it, but would fit the theme.

But I haven't seen your playfield art, and can't wait to, so I'll try and hold back my enthusiasm for suggesting stuff!

#103 9 years ago

Do you guys think it's safe to wait right now on pre-ordering an LE? I want it but need to wait till Nov for cash, TWDLE, Predator and TH have done damage to the old wallet. Just don't want to lose out.

#104 9 years ago

the playfield screen, will it have videoclips like the first alien showing his head with drewl coming out of his mouth? (Think you know the scene i talk about )

And other clips from the movies?

Or will the screen only be used for scores and modes, not videoclips.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd just love to see you find a creative way to hide the "rectangle hole with screen in it" look. But in a way that doesn't overly restrict you, 100% hear that. Like a slightly rounded border, like an old school CRT, with a bezel graphic.

I'll one up that and say the pf would be a lot better without the lcd screen in it. Perhaps moving it to the back like CV...or on the apron like the future pinball game.

#106 9 years ago

Do we know how much a playfield kit is? I'm pulling the trigger on FT & part of the reason is to buy Alien playfield to swap out. Cool idea! If priced right.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I haven't seen your playfield art, and can't wait to, so I'll try and hold back my enthusiasm for suggesting stuff!

Liar! No you won't, nor should you. You've had some great ideas!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

"D" is also a ramp I believe.

That would be cool if "D" is a ramp,it looks like it is.

#109 9 years ago

The LCD display definitely needs Scanlines for sure...and a cool Sequence while booting the game, maybe with electric voice.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Do we know how much a playfield kit is? I'm pulling the trigger on FT & part of the reason is to buy Alien playfield to swap out. Cool idea! If priced right.

From what I recall from the interview, not fixed yet but very likely to be less than $3,750.

#111 9 years ago

I'm absolutely interested in this! Like others have said, this is a dream theme. I've been dying for a solid sci-fi pin for a long time now. However, with a pre-order locked in for TBL, it's going to take great, hand-drawn artwork and licensed sound/callouts for me to jump in on this one. The shot map, for me, isn't bad by any means, it's great for what it is and I trust that it will be fun, but I worry it may end up being a bit too limited for replay value. You have me interested, Heighway, now get me excited!

#112 9 years ago

I can't believe I'm saying this, as I am always a fan of hand-drawn art, but Photo-realism is the way to go for this game. That is only because HR Giger's artwork was nearly photo-realistic. That is what made it so frightening, as he could create such detailed art of things that lived only in his mind. It should translate perfectly to the game.

My dream pin after a Metroid theme (another Alien-inspired theme) would be an all out Giger machine. Bio-mechanicals all over, xenomorphs, landscapes, the works. Aphex Twin would do the soundtrack.

#113 9 years ago

I like the backbox. Natural evolution that needs to happen. No need for giant bulky heavy backboxes anymore.

#114 9 years ago

I agree, back box and side art mean very little too me. So many people hate the Sega back box but if the game is really good who cares, I never once had a concern when I had SST. That's a great game.
This is a dream theme for me I hope these guys nail it. I'm in.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

You're pulling the trigger on a Fish Tales?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You're pulling the trigger on a Fish Tales?

Guess we will have to call it FTH?

#117 9 years ago

A Fish Tales is high on my want list! It would look great next to my BBH! Red neck pinball!

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I like the backbox. Natural evolution that needs to happen. No need for giant bulky heavy backboxes anymore.

I hear ya, but it would be so out of place next to a line of pins....

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I hear ya, but it would be so out of place next to a line of pins....

Isn't that a plus? Makes it stand out.

And I disagree on photo-realistic art. It just looks terrible to me. Keyline art is a million times nicer. Look at the TBL playfield - looks amazing.

#120 9 years ago

Andrew all but said it will be photo realistic art on this title, so we better stop posting Dark Horse photos and get over it.

#121 9 years ago

Hey what do you have against "Dark Horses?

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

There's a lot of wasted space in a pin cab/backbox. I wouldn't mind seeing them trim the backbox down even further and find a creative way to have it collapse into the cab, so that's it's easier to transport.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

There's a lot of wasted space in a pin cab/backbox. I wouldn't mind seeing them trim the backbox down even further and find a creative way to have it collapse into the cab, so that's it's easier to transport.

Well, innovation has to start somewhere.

#124 9 years ago

I would have preferred photoshop on TBL, the characters and environment in the film are cool enough to be on the PF, I like the art too mind you but either would be fine as its not really what makes or breaks a pin. Look at AC/DC.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

If the cab was slightly longer to accomodate, could have it be not as wide as the body, but have it on locking rails and slide down into the body, kinda picturing something similar to filing cabinet rails and rollers. To do it like a boss, you'd have to figure out how to motorize it and not have the railing system be visible.

*edit* The "Heads-Up" pinball system is copyright Fraxed Pinballs Inc.. All rights reserved, (tm),(c),(r), and any other acronyms you care to add.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I would have preferred photoshop on TBL, the characters and environment in the film are cool enough to be on the PF, I like the art too mind you but either would be fine as its not really what makes or breaks a pin. Look at AC/DC.

AC/DC looks like hammered shit. It might be a great game, but it's an ugly motherf-er, no question. It doesn't really matter, but no one buys it for the looks.

If Lebowski didn't have the great hand drawn art I'd be out. That's what sold me first, it's what I've been waiting for pinball to go back to for so long now. These high priced pins need to work on every level for me.

Alien sounds super exciting, and it could really go with a lot of different approaches to the art and work, so I'll just wait and see what they reveal. But I hope they really nail it.

#127 9 years ago

Me too.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The art IS what killed it for me on AC/DC. That playfield looks like a dogs dinner.

#129 9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing artwork and where they get on the whitewood with this. With April 2015 as the timeline hopefully we will be seeing more early next year.

One wishlist thing in general is front cab artwork. I get that the moduler cab concept makes it more difficult, but maybe magnetic paint on the front with a magnetic decal on top? I could see it getting ripped off in a op environment, but would be nice to have to bling up for the home.

#130 9 years ago

With April 2015 as the timeline, we should be seeing artwork tomorrow.

#131 9 years ago

April will come very quickly, so I agree things will move fast on Alien. Can't wait!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I could see it getting ripped off in a op environment

OP Environment. Now THAT'S funny!

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

OP Environment. Now THAT'S funny!

I don't get it, but I am glad to be of amusement.

#134 9 years ago

I've never preordered, but MAJORLY tempted here....can't think of a better sci fi / horror title...

#135 9 years ago

yup

#136 9 years ago

I'm also tempted to pull the trigger on this title, but a preorder with nothing but a schematic of the pf?

Nope. If all 600 are gone, life goes on. When I see more details I'll jump on board.

#137 9 years ago

I'm also still thinking about this game. At first I thought maybe this movie was a little outdated even though I remember it very well from when I was younger. But overnight I woke up thinking ... this game might be a serious nostalgic thing for me. These guys seem pretty legit and now I'm really intrigued. Might just have to "pull the trigger". Hmmm.

#138 9 years ago

The company's media/simulation guy has put together a flappable flowtest version in digital form, and the gameplay is absolutely superb. It completely hits the 'instant appeal' mark, with a single ball leaving you wanting to make every single shot.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've never preordered, but MAJORLY tempted here....can't think of a better sci fi / horror title...

Quoted from underlord:

I'm also tempted to pull the trigger on this title, but a preorder with nothing but a schematic of the pf?
Nope. If all 600 are gone, life goes on. When I see more details I'll jump on board.

The above posts are like what the left and right side of my brain are telling me! Not sure which side to listen to. lol

I keep going back and forth on this. In the end I probably won't be able to preorder the LE. It does sound great, but I'm not so sure that I see the value in terms of the extra $2700.00 that it costs over the standard edition (which will be unlimited)?

I'm completely open to discussion on this aspect of it in terms of having my mind changed. But everything on the PF will be the same other than lit ramps, correct?

#140 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure Andrew has said in the past that the lit ramp LE option for Full Throttle would be available to buy on its own. So I'd have the same question about the Alien ramps, as well as the beacon topper.

I'm buying a standard full throttle for the full intention of buying other heighway games, so no LEs for me.... I hope the toppers and ramp mods will be made available for every game, since modularity is their big selling point.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm pretty sure Andrew has said in the past that the lit ramp LE option for Full Throttle would be available to buy on its own. So I'd have the same question about the Alien ramps, as well as the beacon topper.
I'm buying a standard full throttle for the full intention of buying other heighway games, so no LEs for me.... I hope the toppers and ramp mods will be made available for every game, since modularity is their big selling point.

That makes sense to me. I'd love it if Andrew could chime in and confirm things like the LE lighting and topper would be available for purchase separately.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The above posts are like what the left and right side of my brain are telling me! Not sure which side to listen to. lol

I keep going back and forth on this. In the end I probably won't be able to preorder the LE. It does sound great, but I'm not so sure that I see the value in terms of the extra $2700.00 that it costs over the standard edition (which will be unlimited)?

I'm completely open to discussion on this aspect of it in terms of having my mind changed. But everything on the PF will be the same other than lit ramps, correct?

It's $1700 more for the LE, not $2700. If that makes a difference in your thinking. If you haven't listened to the interview with Andrew, that might answer some of your questions. (I've listened to it a couple times because I'm a huge aliens fan and really hope they get this right)

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

It's $1700 more for the LE, not $2700. If that makes a difference in your thinking. If you haven't listened to the interview with Andrew, that might answer some of your questions. (I've listened to it a couple times because I'm a huge aliens fan and really hope they get this right)

Thanks Sammie, you are exactly right. Sorry for the stupid mistake on the math!

And yes, I've listened to the interview all the way through once, and partially the way through again. I'm impressed.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks Sammie, you are exactly right. Sorry for the stupid mistake on the math!

I dunno Rob. Yellow beacons and color changing ramps....

Imagine the beacons lighting up, smoke mod going and countdown voice.

"2 minutes to reach minimal safe distance."

GODDAMIT! Now I'm starting to talk myself into this title!!

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm on the same page. If the LEs are spoken for by the time there is a real working prototype, then there is still the standard version you can pickup for cheaper. If the game sells enough units, you can bet that the beacons and fiber optic lamp lights will come out as a aftermarket mod.

#146 9 years ago

I loved FT though. So torn because A. I want it sooner and B. I like the Alien green theme. I emailed them about adding the lighted tube and shaker to standard FT. $1700-$1800 makes it too close to 8 vs at 6 I can buy games all day long.
Frolic any idea on FT delivery? Any idea on Alien delivery?
Cant believe I am back on this train again...

#147 9 years ago

#148 9 years ago

I think I remember that it was said that one could put LE playfields into a standard cabinet (and vice versa). I understand that the Alien cabinet would be limited in number (and would include an LE playfield of course).

So is it possible to buy a standard Full Throttle, and then buy just an Alien LE kit (just playfield and art)? If so, would the kits be limited in numbers also, or just the cabinets?

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

So is it possible to buy a standard Full Throttle, and then buy just an Alien LE kit (

I hope so . If thats the case I will buy the FT now and then just add me some LE alien love later. We need them on this thread!

#150 9 years ago

Very cool that they're shipping from Chicago.
Canada would be better for me, but Chicago is far better than the UK!

Nicely done fellas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.