• 25,604 posts
  • 1,002 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by BladeFury
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,016 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
0E70BB0C-1D39-4F15-9FA2-013A83C465C7 (resized).jpeg
69FCDEA0-024E-4114-92F2-27977D3BE07C (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).PNG
DSCN7196 (resized).JPG
9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg
CC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg
87B996E6-4F79-428A-86E8-A6E06716D0D4 (resized).jpeg
ALIEN (resized).PNG
DSCN7187 (resized).JPG
DSCN7186 (resized).JPG
DSCN7185 (resized).JPG
DSCN7184 (resized).JPG
DSCN7178 (resized).JPG
DSCN7176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

526 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jonesjb. You are on page 2 of 3.
#15826 2 years ago

Looks great, question though. In the Youtube stream around the 12 minute mark, after the first Ambush multiball kicks in, the radar on the screen stays empty. Will this repopulate? Or is there a shot that needs to be hit (jackpot or super) that needs to happen first?

#15879 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

There is a lot I really like about this game.
The one issue I have is the feed into the upper right flipper. There are two great shots off that flipper, but it doesn't seem to come into play that often. It feels clunky off the lower left flipper and a 50/50 shot to go in from the pops. I feel that major shots should be set up better. Maybe I'll feel different when I get more time on the game.
The original design of the magnet would have ben cool, but I would have preferred a diverter off the left orbit shot to send it to the upper right flipper. You probably would have sacrificed a pop bumper to make room, but I think that would have been perfect.

Can't you also hit the mode/airlock and xenomorph head too?

#15883 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'd rate it about the same difficulty as Shadow's Start Mode shot.

So difficult.

#15888 2 years ago

Great article. You know when they need to pad out their "Five Dislikes" list with things like No artwork under flippers, Alien is going to be an amazing pin.

#15900 2 years ago

I was wondering has there ever been a pin that offered a mystery award of resetting the tilt warnings to zero? I wonder if it would work as a good Muther Mystery?

#15903 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Funny you should mention that... It's in there!

Wow. Really! 1: because it's in there. And 2. Because it's unprecedented.

#15914 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Funny you should mention that... It's in there!

This gets me thinking. ferret is it possible to add weapons in future code updates or is the pin locked to 5. This reset tilt warnings to zero could be a great 'proximity mine' weapon.

#15916 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There's always "just one more cool thing" that can be added, but at some point you gotta draw the line and say we're done, write the ideas in a notebook for future games. (This isn't unique to pinball, pretty much any software designer deals with feature creep...)

Thanks, yes that definitely makes sense. Just curious

#15926 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My thoughts exactly.....If there is nothing different or unique about an LE than a plaque, I'll be changing my order...
Definitely 2 camps on this topic, discussed in other threads....
I've never understood the problem with offering features ( including gameplay) that would be exclusively found on an LE ( it would further validate price hike, and actually make it Limited in nature). Happens all the time in virtually every other luxury market I can think of.
Even in Sternland, for example, a pro is different than a Premium in several areas, not just art ( lower pf on AC/DC for an example). Core is the same, but a Pro could never be a Premium, without extensive changes. People buy the one they like, and move on.
Why an LE is not allowed to follow suit (gameplay wise) is beyond me.

Yes, I hope the difference isn't purely art. Heighway should want to keep the SE / LE model as it allows more margin and seems to be standard in the pin community, but they will need to offer something of value to make it worthwhile.

#15930 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Any word at all when they are going to start showing machines on a production line?

I think they announced they would be shipping en masse from August 14.

#15947 2 years ago

The Heighway facebook page mentioned that Standard pins would ship in numbers starting on the 14th onwards. Has anyone heard anything else?

#15949 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Replacement parts? Like extra plastics or flipper mechs? I'd rather have a meaningful feature added or discount. At this point I think a discount makes the most sense since added features just means further delays.

Exactly, why not just take the discount and purchase the replacement parts at a later point in time?

#15952 2 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Well this showed up last Monday. But the glass broke in transit.
Working on cleaning out and getting a new glass.

Should be okay once you clean/vacuum right? Or is broken glass more problematic?

#15982 2 years ago

So after you complete all the modes, do they loop back and restart? Even if you haven't completed all the multiballs?

#15984 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

That is correct.

Any value in doing more than one round of modes before going into all out war, point wise?

#16058 2 years ago

Let's talk about gameplay. Any audits of average ball time that can be shared etc?

#16059 2 years ago

Looks like Heighway posted on Facebook today and production is ramping up!!!

alien heads (resized).jpg

playfields (resized).jpg

aliens (resized).jpg

#16063 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ohhh, those heads are just screaming for a custom paint job....

In pinball does altering the factory goods increase or decrease the value? Is this treated the same as a mod where something is added, but not altering the actual pin?

#16083 2 years ago

What is the current difference between the LE and Standard pin?

#16086 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Current difference is the art work plus all extras are included with the LE

And what are the extras?

#16106 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Code and sound work: appear to be top notch.
great layout? i beg to differ.
given time, people will come to understand there are aspects of alien's physical design that severely hamper overall playability. what are they? i guess you'll just have to wait. i can't see spending the energy on the subject unless the machines are actually produced.

I'm curious, can you divulge some hints?

#16120 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i do focus on playfield design and game play ALOT. personally, i do not give the weight to theme, art, sound, lighting, toys, add-ons/modding that is reflected by the amount of discussion these lesser topics receive in NIB threads. it is hard for me to understand how game play/playfield design take such a backseat when they are so highly rated in the 'what's most important to you' thread. Same thing is happening in the TNA thread. There could be so much more discussion about that playfield layout, but nobody wants to talk about it.
2% DMD/LCD animations
6% Theme
6% Light show
6% Artwork
8% Toys
9% Sound package, callout, music, immersive atmosphere
15% Lastability, play again factor
24% Playfield layout, how it plays, how smooth and fun are shots
25% Gameplay, rules
back to alien.
many good things to say about this pin. kudos to those who perservered despite the turmoil. still, i saw a few things i didn't like in the gameplay right away. as of today, that opinion has not changed. while not earth shattering in its own right, the issues i see may have taken time for some people to realize/understand. by heightening awareness, i expect it will move that learning curve forward. it will be quite factual, with most of the info/evidence pulled from some of the 16K+ existing posts. in that respect, it will be organized more like a research paper.

would you really put your effort into something you knew was moot?
the majority of work has been done. it will be posted. and yes, my hands are tired. its the work required to finish that would go to waste if nothing really mattered. the last few weeks have been a VERY slow time for this thread as it is. it will be nice to finally have a little something to talk about.
Hilton, or anyone else willing to send me audits from their machine, it will only help to make for a more comprehensive report.
see post #16071.

agreed. the darkness in appearance of the flippers is terrible. the upper right is completely in the shadows. and that game was supposedly lit from above. what happened to the white bats w/orange rubbers?

So to clarify, the design flaw of which you speak which will hamper playability is poor/dark lighting?

#16126 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

yuk it up all you want. do you guys even discuss anything that is pseudo serious? i told you to look forward to a dissertation. simply agreeing with a post re: the visability of the flippers was completely unrelated.
need more help regarding the design issue?
if the lead software designer has acknowledged on multiple occasions having to compensate for it, i'd say it's a problem.

So the physical design flaw of which you speak is not lighting related? With all due respect, you're writing/talking a lot without actually saying anything. I'm genuinely curious of your opinion here, but I'm not really seeing any detail or specifics of something as significant that it would "severely hamper overall playability". Surely something of this magnitude would be worth elaborating on.

#16138 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is ridiculous.....if you're not interested in the game, move on. If you want to inject speculative " fact based" drama, not interested.
You are not adding any value here, quite the opposite....not even opinion based ( more like a " know it all" approach).
The more I read of your posts, the more certain I am of who you are ( or connected to)...Im sure a certain podcast would appreciate your "higher knowledge" on this title, but not in this thread....thanks

I think greenhornet may be writing his thesis dissertation on pinball. Fascinating.

#16148 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i agree. not looking to turn things into a dog and pony show. i stated i had something to share and that it will take time to complete. i'm not instigating things at this point.

i am a nobody, but do consider myself a pinball critic. someone who has played during five decades, knows what he likes, can see what doesn't look right, etc. you want to talk ridiculous, let's talk ridiculous. people are spending ridiculous amounts of money for these games. they should be as informed as possible to any and all circumstances surrounding the purchase of any $6K-9K machine [not just alien]. my observations are exactly that, a point worth considering when it comes to purchasing this title. even if people choose to dismiss it, at least they were aware of it and better prepared to make an informed decision.
while everybody has been discussing theme, art, sound, Andrew's promises, the survival of the company, pricing, it is not surprising that they may miss something in the game play. not everyone is breaking down videos, the history of the playfield's development, and subsequent/ongoing software updates to arrive at a conclusion. if i can point out something that i feel is worthwhile and a help to others in a logical, intelligent, factual manner - i'm going to do it. nobody who is associated with this game - nobody who is an advocate for this game - is going to tell you. who are you going to hear it from??
if you want to SEE who i am, i was among those getting games ready at the museum of pinball last sunday. does anybody in that crowd look they work with/for Kaneda?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-madness-oct-20-22-in-banning-ca#post-3926811

Excellent. When will you have your summary of what you've discovered ready to share?

#16154 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if my motives are clear, you have my permission to post them. be my guest. let all the world know. i believe i spelled them out quite eloquently in my last post.
i sincerely requested info from you and you are not responding in kind. if you believe i would alter figures, you are more than welcome to post your audits publicly on this thread or via youtube. the same concern exists on my end if i requested only specific metrics of you. the info is not overly important, or necessary. it would have helped. i told you good, bad, indifferent, i would have used it.
it is a design choice, and IMHO a poor one. you may call if a 'fault' or 'flaw', but it is hardly imaginary. everything else about the game is great, but i assure you, some number of people will view the game in a different light.

we are limited to what data is avail, given so few machines in the wild at this time. still, any backglass is better than no backglass. it is Hilton's contention that his route players are enjoying alien, the game plays well, and is dialed in at the optimum pitch. his data would have provided a cursory look. agree that audits of games owned by skilled players will reflect their level [like #636 ranked joe schober, for example], and their accomplishments will exceed recreational players. still, i don't feel that this is going to be looked upon as a skill issue.
ghostbusters. that game has only two flippers, right?

hillton, i advised you not to try and defend what you don't know you are defending against. i wouldn't want people using your statements against you later. that's why we have miranda rights.
agree. code is terrific. i will be providing some constructive software suggestions myself that may improve game play. if they are considered, fine. this is not a witch hunt on my part.

when something is finished, that's the time to critique it. the machine is complete, what do you think? then again, maybe pinball has it right. criticize when it's a work in progress; then when its done, don't talk about it because nothing is gonna be changing.

And when will your critique be posted?

#16173 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Agree. If, however, the left flipper sees 300% more action than the right, that's a cause for concern (# of flips). However, if the theme rocks and the game is fun then who cares?

And the audits posted show that the flipper usage is balanced anyway.

The only thing I could see being a hidden gameplay flaw within a pin is if there was some sort of easy hack to obtain control of the ball from a key shot (which I haven't noticed with Alien). What I mean is if there is a main shot when exited is very predictable and controlled, for example IF (none of these below examples happen):

-In Medieval Madness, when the castle is destroyed, if you were to hold the left flipper up and lands right in the upheld flipper to a stop without bouncing or having any unpredictability.

-In Attack from Mars, the destroyed ufo returned the ball with slow speed that the left flipper could stop it.

-OR in Alien, if the ball could be brought to a stop from either ramp shot by simply holding the flippers up.

I think this would be an example of what he is alluding to, but I don't see anything like this. What do you think?

#16174 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

And the audits posted show that the flipper usage is balanced anyway.
The only thing I could see being a hidden gameplay flaw within a pin is if there was some sort of easy hack to obtain control of the ball from a key shot (which I haven't noticed with Alien). What I mean is if there is a main shot when exited is very predictable and controlled, for example IF (none of these below examples happen):
-In Medieval Madness, when the castle is destroyed, if you were to hold the left flipper up and lands right in the upheld flipper to a stop without bouncing or having any unpredictability.
-In Attack from Mars, the destroyed ufo returned the ball with slow speed that the left flipper could stop it.
-OR in Alien, if the ball could be brought to a stop from either ramp shot by simply holding the flippers up.
I think this would be an example of what he is alluding to, but I don't see anything like this. What do you think?

To those with the game... If you make a ramp shot (either one), and hold both flippers up. What happens to the ball?

#16180 2 years ago

greenhornet Any updates on your assessment?

#16211 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

From me:
Since a significant draw for the LE was the fiber optic ramps, will there be any compensation for that feature being axed?
Will there be any additional or new art on the LE besides the back glass marquee?
Does the LE come with an LCD?
And when all is said and done do i need to contact Coin Taker to arrange final payment and shipping details?
From Morgan:
We are coming to a decision as to what replacement customers will get as the fibre optic ramps have been removed. We will be contacting customers and also publishing on our social media the details of any decision. The art package on the LE is what has been shown, which is to say there is a unique back glass art work that will only be available as a part of the LE and the side panels which also differ from those on the standard edition of the game. The LE does not come with the LCD screen as standard and has to be added to the order as an additional part. You can pay the final payment to us directly as you have made the order through us. The shipping will be dealt with via CoinTaker but we will receive the payment from you and the details of the delivery then pass these along to CoinTaker.

Hmmm, what do others in on a LE think would be a fair resolution to removing the fiber optic lighting?

#16220 2 years ago

They should just do away with the LE completely, and just provide the standard. Especially with the LCD, there is no point in the translite.

#16223 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

My LE should be arriving next week!!

Was this confirmed?

#16226 2 years ago

I've been a strong advocate and supporter of Alien (check my posts on this thread), I'm currently in on a deposit for LE, but I'm seriously considering of dropping out if they don't reconcile the scaling back of the LE offering. I signed on for the LE for two key reasons, the gloss black cabinet and the fiber optics. If I had known what the LE would really be (and I still don't - I've emailed and haven't received any clarification), I may have gone in on a standard.

Total Nuclear Annihilation is looking more and more attractive every day. Heighway, please shed some light here!

What do others think? Am I being silly?

#16245 2 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Anyone in NYC area getting an Alien? I'd love to see one before making such a big purchase.

I'm planning on getting a LE.

#16256 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've had an LE down payment from day one.
I see the recent comments but its confusing. What exactly is the revised price now for original buyers without the fiber optic ramps?

Agreed, I sincerely they don't hope to offset the lower agreed preorder price, by just not offering the the fiber optic and cabinet options. At a very minimum, they should extend the offer for pre-order customers to downgrade the LE to the standard at the price at the time.

#16260 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I asked them that, they said NOPE! Would have to buy an SE at CURRENT pricing.

I wonder why not, it seems like a fair resolution?

#16276 2 years ago

I specifically ordered the LE because it was the only way to get the gloss black cabinet. I wanted that because I thought it would be a versatile look for future pins. If this wasn't the case, I would have just ordered the standard with upgrades. I'm going to wait and see how the dust settles, but I would be significantly disappointed if I'm paying more for less.

#16278 2 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I was also planning on contacting them when the time comes to pay in full to see if I could switch to standard. The LE is not going to be the machine I ordered without the fiber optics and gloss black cabinet. We have been missold a product so should be given the chance to switch. But do they even know what the standard prices were on specific dates? There have been a lot of small rises since the announcement in October 2014.

I know what it was when I preordered at the beginning of this year, I just checked screenshots I took at the time and the Standard was $1,700 cheaper than the LE.

#16337 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

When was the most recent communique from the new owners? Just curious.....

I think it was Morgan mentioning he was going to away from the office for a few days.

#16345 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are any of the outstanding refunds for Standards? If so, what price did you get in at? I would CONSIDER buying a spot for an SE at the pre-order price, but I would need to confirm a few things with the buyer and Heighway first. PM me if interested.

Wouldn't someone with a Standard on preorder just be better off getting the refund directly from Heighway, as opposed to going through logistics of transferring?

#16351 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If Heighway was dishing out the refunds without issue, then yes you're right. However, people are having issues getting refunds, and I'm offering a potential option. What's wrong with that? I'm sure Heighway would approve.

THANKS for the vouch!

Sorry, nothing wrong with it at all, not what I intended. What I meant was if it's like pulling teeth getting a refund, I imagine switching purchasers would be more difficult!

#16379 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Based on those colors, I'd go blue or stainless/black (not sure why this just isn't all black), but not green. That green is way too bright. I may just go black and replace the stainless legs with black. There goes another benefit to the LE.

Does anyone else think they should just do away with the LE completely and just offer the add ons ala cart?

#16391 2 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I like the green I went with, I think it came out perfect

How's your alien holding up, you've had it for a while now? And is it still getting as much attention compared to your other pins?

#16403 2 years ago

I like how the beacons will interact with the game on the wizard modes, it's kind of like an extra incentive/reward for doing well. I suspect it will be a rare display. I'd piece this in with the unique visual feasts like:

-Power down mode in Johnny Pneumonic
-The Death Star exploding in Star Wars
-Strobe Light multiball in Attack From Mars.

#16415 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if my motives are clear, you have my permission to post them. be my guest. let all the world know. i believe i spelled them out quite eloquently in my last post.
i sincerely requested info from you and you are not responding in kind. if you believe i would alter figures, you are more than welcome to post your audits publicly on this thread or via youtube. the same concern exists on my end if i requested only specific metrics of you. the info is not overly important, or necessary. it would have helped. i told you good, bad, indifferent, i would have used it.
it is a design choice, and IMHO a poor one. you may call if a 'fault' or 'flaw', but it is hardly imaginary. everything else about the game is great, but i assure you, some number of people will view the game in a different light.

we are limited to what data is avail, given so few machines in the wild at this time. still, any backglass is better than no backglass. it is Hilton's contention that his route players are enjoying alien, the game plays well, and is dialed in at the optimum pitch. his data would have provided a cursory look. agree that audits of games owned by skilled players will reflect their level [like #636 ranked joe schober, for example], and their accomplishments will exceed recreational players. still, i don't feel that this is going to be looked upon as a skill issue.
ghostbusters. that game has only two flippers, right?

hillton, i advised you not to try and defend what you don't know you are defending against. i wouldn't want people using your statements against you later. that's why we have miranda rights.
agree. code is terrific. i will be providing some constructive software suggestions myself that may improve game play. if they are considered, fine. this is not a witch hunt on my part.

when something is finished, that's the time to critique it. the machine is complete, what do you think? then again, maybe pinball has it right. criticize when it's a work in progress; then when its done, don't talk about it because nothing is gonna be changing.

Did we ever get to the bottom of this mystery? How is this coming? It's been almost two weeks. I wonder if the revelation will be shared?

#16432 2 years ago

I understand that Heighway had to receive new ramps for a manufacturing error. Can anyone provide more detail? Which ramp was it?

#16480 2 years ago

My favorite part of this thread when people get impatient and complain that they don't have their pin.

I bet someone could run a psychological profile on us pinball owners... well off enough/successful to be able to afford a $5K-$10K toy, unique and comfortable in one's own interests to enjoy some random off kilter hobby, and compulsive enough to collect many. Surely that has to associate with other interesting personality traits

#16525 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

These are the old ones, right?....not the new batch...

Oh okay, good to know. Probably all good now then.

#16533 2 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

I paid in full last year only because I was told they had to be paid in full due to the games shipping in a couple weeks, communication from cointaker has been horrible to say the least

They fooled you! They fooled you good. I’ll sure they're sharing a drink with friends right now, reminicing how well they pulled one over on you.

#16546 2 years ago

I mentioned the below suggestion to Andrew about a year ago and he liked it. He said he'd suggest it to his team, but as a menu option for home use. Was/could this be ever implemented in a version of software?

The idea was for a home use for people with families or playing with people new to pinball. My suggestion:

I’m pretty good at pinball but my wife is not. It would be great to be able to have a setting that allows the players in a multiplayer game to select different difficulties by player, something like a handicap which extends the ball saves, mode time limits etc (I could play on hard, and my wife on easy). It would make competition more even, especially for the newer players.

#16548 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I mentioned the below suggestion to Andrew about a year ago and he liked it. He said he'd suggest it to his team, but as a menu option for home use. Was/could this be ever implemented in a version of software?
The idea was for a home use for people with families or playing with people new to pinball. My suggestion:
I’m pretty good at pinball but my wife is not. It would be great to be able to have a setting that allows the players in a multiplayer game to select different difficulties by player, something like a handicap which extends the ball saves, mode time limits etc (I could play on hard, and my wife on easy). It would make competition more even, especially for the newer players.

I wonder if ferret can share any insight?

#16579 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

And so now there not on route.
Somebody can't make their mind up.

Technically packed in boxes, and/or loaded into a container waiting for an airplane/ship count as in route.

#16606 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It is my expectation that we will fix any bugs we learn about and make other polishing tweaks. (For example, I'll continue to monitor score balance... I think it's pretty good now, but if I learn that someone finds an unreasonably safe path to high scoring, I'll adjust. I'm a competitive player and want this to be a fun competitive game!)
I believe current games are shipping with 1.02. I don't know Wales' plan to get machines already in the field up to current software -- this partly depends on getting those machines up to current hardware as needed.

Even the mysterious revelation that greenhornet has yet to divulge?

#16615 2 years ago

What is Roman/PDI glass and why do people prefer it so much more to other anti reflective glass?

#16641 2 years ago

Heigh way posted on their Facebook! Progress!

#16648 2 years ago

It's reassuring to see all the boxed pins with updated hardware have passed Quality Control tests.

#16662 2 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks one year from now it will be a completely different picture, Alien will be a top 5 pin, that people (including naysayers) will be scrambling to buy and play?

#16664 2 years ago

Also, it seems that the code from Alien is relatively finished, which is a nice change from some other manufacturers. I'd rather have a game that the manufacturer works on properly, does due diligence, and releases quality, than just gets the game out the door, and the code is never complete. I think Ghostbusters' wizard mode still isn't finished.

#16680 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Got that big Alien bombshell ready to drop on us yet?

Yes, thanks for reminding, greenhornet when are you going to share your thoughts? I'm looking forward.

#16681 2 years ago

Let's change the discussion. To those that have played do you have a favorite Alien/Aliens mode and a least favorite one? Why?

#16704 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

This exactly! Been fully paid now for 4 months since cointaker promised me march...then at my door in 30 days when I asked for a refund in april, and prepaid my initial deposit 3 years ago. So been waiting a long while and got numerous promises from cointaker (and still am) that never ever happen. Lies lies lies. Now we have people just now jumping on board supposedly getting games over others who've waited longer and chime in on promises lol. Read this long thread and learn a thing or two about "promises". I'm actually now thinking january at the earliest for my LE arrival.

You have a LE on order, no one's jumping in ahead of you. The ones mentioned are Standards.

#16730 2 years ago

Can anyone please provide word on what the resolution to the LE's not getting the fiber optic ramps is?

#16735 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And this seems like the easist question to answer too...

It should be.

#16782 2 years ago

What's the latest version? Supposedly Heighway has versions above 1.0.

#16802 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Aren't we past due for your documentation?

I think greenhornet probably recognized a flaw in his revelation which basically nullified it. Now there's no point in sharing.

#16814 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

yes, sorry about the 'promise' earlier this month. really did believe i could wrap things up over that holiday weekend.

It was last month.

#16846 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is the software in this still kind of hit or miss? We played this again at Mad rolling. And really didn't get anywhere. Even by ball 3, nothing really started or happened. Was really uneventful and didnt' feel like any value for $1. I liked it more when I played the prototypes at expo. But on route the way it started off, I would not put money in it again the way it currently is. Least DE would line you up for a multiball or something to make it feel like you got some value out of your play. We had some arch of inserts all lit in green. Hitting any of the icons that were lit, really didn't start anything. Game isn't that good at telling you what you are doing or where you are shooting. I'm sure hilton has the updated code in it.

Start modes.

#16848 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Weyland ramp > Yutani ramp > shoot scoop...that's how you start a mode.

Maybe one of the ramp switches wasn't registering

#16874 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

I was talking about these.....but now that I noticed the legs which are not LE colors I am taking back what I was hoping. Another lie from Heighway per usual....unless they are adding the colored legs later, which I doubt.

Black trim is an option on LE. Which is what I'm going with. No blue or green for me.

#16908 2 years ago

I don't get the desire to follow a ship. Am I missing something?

#16918 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Never understood this desire from LE buyers to get the first games. I want a game built a little bit near the end of the run, made on a Tuesday. They've worked out all the bugs.

Exactly!

#16944 2 years ago

Any Alien action at York?

#16961 2 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

Been waiting since June for my deposit refund... This is beyond tedious at this point. Sigh...

Is IT?!

#16963 2 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

Oh look, someone being sarcastic on the internet!

It's actually a Braveheart reference

#16966 2 years ago

How did Alien play at York? Was it live and error free all weekend?

#16974 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

found 6 comments in the York show thread:
Better than I remembered. Like the animations and call outs. Only got one game on it so I don't have a deep opinion but I would really like to see the production model.
Played it at Allentown and then again yesterday... Full Throttle brings me back game after game because of the flow and the shots. Alien, as amazing as it looks and sounds, doesn't have much of either. It might all click into place after a couple dozen games but FT had me hooked by this point.
I got there shortly after 9 on Saturday and didn't have to wait long to play Alien and Total Nuclear Annihilation. TNA is the better pin of the two.
Still meh. The shots just are not fun really.
I hate to say it but I also agree I was not enjoying aliens as much as I loved dialed in and total nuclear annihilation!
I had fun playing it, multiball was very good.

The reviews for this sound mixed. It sounds like a very polarizing game, I wonder why? greenhornet any insights?

#16992 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

let's hear what is your duplicate account first... Then we can talk about eating crow, lol.

Yes, greenhornet what's your alternate account?

Also, if greenhornet was planning on posting his dissertation on Alien from his alternate account, that suggests to me that it wasn't a genuine assessment, and more likely to be a trolling attempt.

#16997 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

30 new posts. Thought it'd be something big. Nope.

Quoted from delt31:

I was just about to say. I hate when this thread derails into just nonsense. On my end, no tracking from CT yet. FYI.

Don't want to add to the problem...

#17034 2 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yeah, I'm not sure. I have a deposit down and reached out to all of them, and no reply to 2 emails over a week or so. My intent is to downgrade to standard at previous price -- if they won't do that, or offer a better LE deal because of the changes, I'm out.
Personally, I think they should just kill the LEs.

Agreed kill the LE's. Especially given a key difference was the custom art (which is moot if you have a LCD) and the fiber optics, which is no longer available. All other features are upgradeable

Although, what would people think if they just make the other features no longer as upgrade options on the standard, but exclusive to LE (illuminated side art, rotating beacons, etc). Heighway would still need to come up with a solution for the removal of the $800 fiber optics, but would at least give some value add above standard.

#17038 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Kill the LE. Keep it simple - offer one model with big screen, side blades and beacons. Get out of the custom building model - it is for established companies. No options also means less inventory and confusion.

Yes, make the standard have no backbox lcd or lit side blades or beacon. That would be a significant differentiator and value add for the LE.

#17045 2 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

has anybody got tracking info yet
when shipping from jjp i can get all the info collection from jjp when it lands at the docks when its loaded then tracking via gps when on the ship customs clearance date and date when ship will dock its kind of fun seeing it travel all over

Yes

#17060 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I pm'd this guy and asked here - no info. I have been waiting on it from CT who hasn't sent anything besides the truck pick up. No ship info. Last I heard from CT was that and I recently asked for it. I doubt this guy has the info.
It must be close though if they left end of september. Of course, will update this with info when/if I get it.
I'm also thinking about those pinstadium lights but worried it's going to make it too bright (even with it being on low) but also the reflections of the lights that you see (they connect to the sides of the frame). The cost also jumps significantly to 245 when you add necessary options. Thinking of waiting to see how it looks in my house first before buying. Anyone else picking them up?

I myself don't have it but would have thought CT or Heighway would have the numbers. Yes, I admit to being intentionally vague and provocative

#17090 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

There is a post prior explaining the control you have with them and also the picture was taken with them bright so that the camera could pick them up better.
You can dial the white lights down anywhere from 0-100% brightness (these are responsible for the illumination portion) and same with the colors too(separately controllable in the app and are responsible for the color casting on the playfield). I agree with you and personally like the settings mild on the Pin Stadiums when playing Alien as it let's you see the playfield but gives off that eerie glow that Alien was intended to have. But the good news is that now you can see the ball and the beautiful playfield. I hope that makes more sense.

Where do these fit... In the side or the back? And would these be compatible with the illuminated side blades?

#17173 2 years ago

What do Alien buyers think of the new Pirates? I think it looks impressive. Lots of cool toys, but I’m sticking with my Alien

Also, not a fan of elements that randomize shots and ball flow right near the flippers (Addams Family power, Whirlwind, etc).

#17195 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i agree. not looking to turn things into a dog and pony show. i stated i had something to share and that it will take time to complete. i'm not instigating things at this point.

i am a nobody, but do consider myself a pinball critic. someone who has played during five decades, knows what he likes, can see what doesn't look right, etc. you want to talk ridiculous, let's talk ridiculous. people are spending ridiculous amounts of money for these games. they should be as informed as possible to any and all circumstances surrounding the purchase of any $6K-9K machine [not just alien]. my observations are exactly that, a point worth considering when it comes to purchasing this title. even if people choose to dismiss it, at least they were aware of it and better prepared to make an informed decision.
while everybody has been discussing theme, art, sound, Andrew's promises, the survival of the company, pricing, it is not surprising that they may miss something in the game play. not everyone is breaking down videos, the history of the playfield's development, and subsequent/ongoing software updates to arrive at a conclusion. if i can point out something that i feel is worthwhile and a help to others in a logical, intelligent, factual manner - i'm going to do it. nobody who is associated with this game - nobody who is an advocate for this game - is going to tell you. who are you going to hear it from??
if you want to SEE who i am, i was among those getting games ready at the museum of pinball last sunday. does anybody in that crowd look they work with/for Kaneda?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-madness-oct-20-22-in-banning-ca#post-3926811

greenhornet it’s been about two months, when will you be able to share your thoughts that you were preparing us for? Are they complete? I look forward to reading.

#17205 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sorry, not complete.
perhaps the following will help those who dont mind thinking a little.
here is something for you to ponder. a small part of the bigger picture. presented is a crude drawing of a hypothetical playfield. consider it an example of 'what could have been done differently'. compare with alien. see if you can find a particular design element that is missing from the current pf. i hope i didnt make it too obvious. ignore the purple one, thats just an extra shot off the back of the UR flipper.
its nothing mechanical. its not a software glitch. its a design choice. it is this missing element that impacts the games playbility, especially when it comes to accomplishing certain game objectives.
what is it that is lacking in the games current design?
how does that affect reaching certain objectives?
what game metrics indicate/confirm this is a problem?
what software adjustments have already been made to try and alleviate the problem?
are their existing geometry issues that [if uncorrected] only compound the problem?
did changes from Nordmans original concept improve or worsen the problem?
what can be done today [if anything] to 'fix' things?
thats a lot of questions to be discussed and answered [many unrelated to this image, so dont dwell on it too much]. Still, this never-to-be 'redesign' would have taken the pressure off all of them.
disclaimer1: software/sound truly top notch. if the game plays as it stands, i can see how owners might enjoy playing alien. but, when it comes to overall playability, its just not going to be as fun as it coulda/shoulda been due to design.
disclaimer2: all information required to determine, present, and answer most of the above questions can be found in this thread and by observing youtube videos of gameplay. anyone could have done it. dont make it out like im holding back a conclusion that nobody else could have reached. just a matter of time/effort to put it all together in a cause/effect analysis.

I actually think I know what you are referring to, and to be honest I kind of agree.

#17215 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You've done anything but.

I actually think greenhornet isn’t trolling and may have identified a missed opportunity. Nothing catastrophic or anything, I might be misinterpreting though and might not be picking up on the same thing as him. Not intending to add to the vagueness... I’ll share my take later today (just out right now). If I don’t report back within 24 hours, hold me accountable

#17218 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I actually think greenhornet isn’t trolling and may have identified a missed opportunity. Nothing catastrophic or anything, I might be misinterpreting though and might not be picking up on the same thing as him. Not intending to add to the vagueness... I’ll share my take later today (just out right now). If I don’t report back within 24 hours, hold me accountable

Here's my take on greenhornet's post about the gameplay design as promised. To preface, I could be totally wrong, and might have misinterpreted what he is referring to. Also, I don't think it is a gameplay flaw (In greenhornet's defense, he didn't either), but a potential missed opportunity, depending on opinion.

In short, I think he is referring to the inability for orbits to feed to the upper right flipper, which has a few effects:
1. In Alien, because the inner loop doesn't feed back on itself, you can't make a satisfying repeat a looping shot by hitting the shot successfully. Loops can incorporate some cool modes and scoring options.

2. The only way to make a shot from upper right flipper (intentionally - not counting the random dribble from the pops) is to consistently hit two previous shots successfully. If two separate, key shots are reliant on hitting two other shots (both) it makes these upper shots very rare. If the left orbit and inner loop fed back to the flipper, it would make the shots more balanced, and the upper right flipper an integral part of the gameplay.

3. Also the upper left inner loop and inner ramp shot are reliant on the upper right flipper. This is fine, but the ONLY way to get to an upper right flipper shot (aside from pops) is from the lower right flipper starting a chain of shots (making the lower left flipper completely unrelated to either the upper left or right flippers). Slightly changing the geometry, to allow the upper right flipper to be accessible from the lower left, would provide some more balance to flipper usage. THIS MEANS that all upper flipper shots are reliant on the right flipper, making the left flipper completely irrelevant to upper flipper shots.

Am I warm greenhornet? What do others think?

#17222 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The left and right orbits can be repeated...
IF you need an upper right flipper shot, then all you have to do is one shot...
Either left orbit or inner upper loop to pops for nudge to right upper
Or
Just shoot the dead end chest burster from ANY of the lower three flippers and then hit the upper shot. It is really not too tough once you play the game for a bit. Similar to any upper flipper shot, you have to set it up. Only difference is this is not an on the fly setup, but a rebound or nudge setup.

I meant a looping shot from the upper right flipper, a la shadow loops in The Shadow or in No Fear. Can you really hit the Chest Burster from any of the lower 3 flippers? I didn't realize, the angles don't look that way, but I haven't had the fortune of playing yet.

#17225 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes. Easiest is of course form lowers but hittable from all 3

The chest burster? Are we talking about the same thing? I don’t see how it’s possible from the lower right.

#17239 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

here we have consequence number one.
the first of several.
be my guest. love your impossible shot.
Chestbuster [CB] is no 'gem' shot, but do you really want a 'gem' shot type of shot among an ABCD gameplay feature that was intended to be attainable in order to advance in gameplay? where 3 of the 4 are super 'easy' and the 4th is a 'gem' shot? and further, the 'gem' shot had to be made in sequential order? no credit for hitting the CB before A or B, credit only if hit after A and B have been collected.
that ABCD feature in alien is called a LIFECYCLE,
and players are not completing it at the rate developers expected.
if you dont believe me, check audits.
first of many metrics to watch: Lifecycles completed/total games played.
and what does completing lifecycles award you/progress you toward? and if they are more difficult to complete than programmers originally intended? what are the next consequences?

What is a ‘gem type of shot’? I get that gem is a shot in Tron, but what’s the meaning?

#17268 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait... it gets better?
So you are not even mad about the upper R flipper feed? You are just mad that the chestburster shot is difficult so people are not progressing the life cycles in order to achieve 1 multiball out of the 7? multiballs available in the game. That is funny.

If greenhornet really thinks the shot is too hard and upsets progression, he can just adjust adjust the life cycle progression difficulty in the settings.

#17327 1 year ago

I’m actually enjoying greenhornet’s introspections. I don’t necessarily agree with everything he says, but it’s interesting to read different takes on design and flow.

Additionally, in happy to hear what greenhornet’s take on layout is, as opposed to be still masked in secrecy... and see it’s not as game breaking as some may have assumed. This is much more interesting discussion, than hearing updates on someone checking the CoinTaker Christmas tree for the seventh time in a day.

Personally, I like having some shots that are more/very difficult, makes making them seem all the more satisfying. If all shots were equally easy, it becomes boring in my opinion. Take No Good Gophers for example, the ramp shot is a Central toy, but very rarely results in a successful shot.

Also, I think it’s important to acknowledge that lifecycle doesn’t need to have shots completed in direct sequence, so can be completed organically as modes are completed, or intentionally. All multiballs don’t need to be equally accessible, it makes revealing some of the rarer ones more fun.

For reference, I’m in for a L/E and have been supportive of this project throughout!

#17332 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is it just me, or is anyone else enjoying the back and forth between Whysnow and Greenhornet....

It’s not just you too. I’m enjoying the debate.

#17353 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

As soon as I read this I thought...PERFECT! I want it to be hard to complete...very hard. It should (on average) take an owner a couple years to even see All Out War...if that. Hell I owned LOTR for eight years and never got to Valinor...and I know I'll never get to DoD Multiball on IM...not without removing glass.

Exactly. I’ve only gotten to Final Battle twice and haven’t yet beaten it. That’s why my Shadow is not leaving any time soon and has such lasting replay.

#17354 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i believe you will find the LC still requires sequential collection. not sure how you came to believe differently.

It’s sequential, but not directly immediately sequential. As in you can make the egg shot, make some more shots, then the face grabber, more shots, lost a ball, then hit more shots, then chestburster, etc.

#17365 1 year ago

greenhornet have you played Alien yet?

#17425 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

What makes anyone think that if a 'fix' was as simple as moving Dennis Nordman's flipper to the outside orbit, it wouldn't have been done? As it happened, neither the geometry nor the mechanics and electronics below the field (it's easy to forget the playfield areas you can't see) allowed for it. Placing a flipper in its own space, and then extending a shot from it, as was done with the chestburster lane, gives you flexibility of angles. Placing a flipper in an existing orbit doesn't - the flipper angle has to be an extension of said orbit. Geometry is like a jigsaw - you can't simply exchange pieces and expect it to work. Look at the angle of the flipper, and compare it with the orbit. Either the flipper would have been terrible for the shots, or a ball from the orbit passing the flipper would have drained every time. You could solve one or the other, but not both.
Personally here I prefer having the upper flipper in a different place from the orbit anyway, because the orbit is where it goes 90 percent of the time in a modern game, so in this case it was a design choice. It was to have had additional feed from another magnet, but complications arose with that and the game's mechanical BOM ultimately needed to be trimmed anyway. I considered blocking off the second exit from the pops so that every top lane entry would feed the flipper, but almost nobody else liked it that way - the majority verdict wanted the pops more open and the game to remain less predictable.

Really good post from ealadubhsidhe. I’d like to see greenhornet’s response. GH hasn’t accounted for under the playfield mechanics in the design, and based on what ealadubhsidhe has pointed out about the geometry, GH would have likely been otherwise raising concern about the difficulty of nailing vent 3 or hyperspace from the alternate reality UR orbit flipper.

#17472 1 year ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This guy is gonna have a panic attack when he sees his box...
Im sure the game is fine, but someones gonna sweat it when they see it...

Maybe it fell off of a forklift?

#17483 1 year ago

Are any of these CoinTaker pins headed to NYC?

#17494 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a former stern owner and current jjp the build quality looks very good. Playfield is so packed with detail (just the bottom part that is visible right now in person looks sick) it screams LE and it's just their standard. Half way there

I’ll be curious to see what you think of the game in comparison to Woz and Dialed In (I see you own them too)! Congrats and have fun!!!

#17499 1 year ago

What do the APC targets do? And how are they used in modes? Any stacking complexities?

#17505 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Make sure you mylar that airlock scoop before you play it much

Cliffy?

#17522 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Life is full of deceit, unfortunately for me, I am a collector of almost everything Aliens movie franchise based (Alien 3/4 and covenant excluded lol) and cointaker is the only means now to get this pin since Heighway told me my order with them from 3 years ago is no longer and I have to go through cointaker if I wanted 1. So I am left dealing with them, but I will not let their lies and my business experience with them go unnoticed and continue to deny them getting away with it by "bowing out". I have stopped listening to them and going after them for answers as it was always a lie or false hope. And when I see all these posts going back and forth about cointaker on here, each statement contradicting the previous statement they made, I am reassured I made the right move with their bs. I gave them my business only because they are the only ones who sell Heighways game now, as I had my order with them originally (Not that that wouldve helped much lol, but I wouldnt be bitching about cointaker then). I post these so that people atleast know mine....and some others also....experience with them.

Why not just not buy the pin? That would show ‘em.

#17534 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

not with my SE - they said shaker included.
Anyway - shaker not a huge deal. Trying to figure out why no lights on side or backbox....

Is there maybe a wire or a switch you need to plug in? Is it worth checking a Full Throttle thread for similar issues?

#17550 1 year ago

Supposedly Heighway delayed the games because they were waiting on new ramps, it’s very possible these ramps were also a different better finish.

#17553 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I want extra Ramos when I finally get an Alien, thats for sure.

Hilarious, love it!!

#17558 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Shooting the left orbit and then letting the ball come around to right orbit and land on the right flipper - the momentum will bounce the ball to the upper left flipper allowing for a number of shots. It's a very nice feeling shot.

Can you please post a video clip of this?

#17576 1 year ago

Any new videos???!

#17582 1 year ago

delt31 how is it playing/holding up? Have you had any issues or the mechanics not work as expected? Does it seem like an easier or more difficult game (in terms of keeping the ball in play)?

#17617 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here's a video of that shot. If you hit the left orbit clean and let it go around and bounce off a dead right flipper it goes RIGHT to your upper left flipper for a shot. I botch it and miss the first attempt but you get the picture (end up hitting it in the end).
» YouTube video

delt31 good having you part of this thread. Thanks for sharing your new Alien experiences with us, and being so responsive. It makes the wait slightly more palatable for the rest of us.

#17641 1 year ago

What of the breaking face huggers? I wonder if there’s a solution?

#17653 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

MK6PIN appeared to be ready to give us a lesson on questionable behavior

a few days ago, i gave you two large paragraphs detailing my 'agenda'. still, you speculate that it is something other than what i laid out for you. im sure a few people would love to hear it.

Here’s a lesson, greenhornet your agenda to find fault is likely the same as 90% of Pinsiders ripping on a new pin coming out (whether you’re aware or likely to admit it)...

Reducing cognitive dissonance: ‘New pin looks potentially amazing’ BUT ‘I’m not willing/able to spend so much money OR I don’t have space OR the wife won’t let me OR etc’ SO this causes disappointment and feelings of missing out

BUT ‘I’ve realized there are some shots that are a little hard, and the pin isn’t designed as well as it could have, so I wouldn’t buy anyway’. greenhornet it’s natural human behavior, but it’s not all that complex or esoteric. Enjoy successfully reducing your dissonance. I’ll be playing Alien!

#17663 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Good grief!!! seems people are hitting your "poorly designed" shot.
Your views were not stated as opinion, but FACT (after we sort of figured it out).
The "agenda" I referred to was your intent to undermine this game, for whatever reason. that is my opinion.
Moving forward, your continual posting of my comments out of context is viewed as abrasive, with no purpose except to agitate or be confrontational. I will not engage further. Pathetic....
Really enjoying people receiving their new games, and anxious to eventually receive my LE. Hope you can find something to enjoy in this hobby, as well......

How does greenhornet decide which pins he opines on? Surely he’s not sharing his critique for every new pin that comes out?

#17692 1 year ago

delt31 how’s the gameplay? About how many modes do you get through? Still trying to understand if it’s more Lord of the Rings or Shadow in terms of length.

#17697 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Alien code is quite respectable, but it's nothing like the level of depth in LOTR or WOZ. You've basically got two movies to choose from, with 4 modes each. I think most 3-ball games end before starting the movie mini-wizard mode. If playing well, you might start the mini-wizard, then move on to repeat process with the next movie. But I've never seen anyone finish both mini-wizards in a single game. If you're lucky to do that, you also need to start all 4 multiballs to get to the ALL OUT WAR final wizard mode. And I think it's already been made clear that Lifecycle multiball is a quite challenge to start, so getting to All Out War will be incredibly difficult on a 3 ball game.
I see Aliens as an amped up 90's mode based game, with some user flexibility choices for keeping individual games fresh, and a substantial challenge for getting to the final wizard mode. Also has scoring bonuses for completing the modes, and selectable gun bonuses depending on your gameplay. It's pretty clear cut & easy to understand, and there's nothing wrong with that. I think Ferret did an excellent job. But I wouldn't call that depth, just more of a difficult challenge to reach the end. Kinda similar to Metallica.

There’s no such thing as a challenge in Pinball, only design flaws

Excellent. I was hoping it was more Shadow vs LOtR. I like quicker games be long drawn out ones where you spend 40 minutes playing only to fail.

#17710 1 year ago

Regarding the facehuggers with tails breaking, is it worth putting clear rubber tubing around them to protect them, like what’s used with fish tanks?

Would that work?

#17722 1 year ago

Maybe they are understaffed?

#17733 1 year ago

Very disappointing. They will want to keep CT buyers happy otherwise CoinTaker may stop selling the pin (since it may impact CT’s reputability). This would cut out the US market and be a nail in Heighway’s coffin.

#17736 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We are all potential customers ...and just worried about shitty customer service.

Yes, I’m in for a L/E and seeing some of these posts here make me wonder if the pin is still in beta/testing.

#17826 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha it's all good guys! I played last night and will continue playing until replacement arrives or fixed. Game is still fully functional. I might have an extra cable and will try. The monitor itself must not be damaged bc the picture does work after a cold reboot. All will be good one way or the other and I'm enjoying it

delt31 You’re very positive and understanding, it’s very respectable. Do you have any other exciting thoughts about the gameplay you can share? Looking forward to hearing more about how fun it is!

#17828 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

New company that's making a kick ass game and I'm one of the first to own - you have to expect some issues. Already see movement on resolving and it's fully functional so I can play it while the fix manifests (aka replacement) so I'm OK.
I was actually just going to write some additional thoughts:
1) Some of the modes have two stages to them which I really like. I'm not sure if this was done before in a game but it's really refreshing and almost feels like it's two modes in 1.
2) I really like the Alien vs Aliens ladder options. Both games carry the same differences of their movie counterparts (Alien has a much more quiet score and dark while Aliens carries a more in your face feel and vibe with the snare drum music, military modes, etc. It feels like you really are choosing from two different games. They compliment each other well
3) Speaking of music - holy __ this game has some of the best and ties in with the movie so well it comes off as a natural extension. That's really it in a nut shell - this pinball game seems like they created it in 1987 b/c it's so well tied in and natural that it rivals IJTPA for best themed pinball IMO. WOZ is in there as well.
4) Haven't really explored or understood the gun options too well. I am getting them but not sure I am using them strategically. I'm not sure what each does yet but it's another meta game on top of everything else
5) Xeno - I love the MB and REALLY like the chopping movement it makes when the game says 2 more balls/hits for MB but they need to add more. I feel like it can move during some of the modes. I would be surprised if more movement is not added b/c it's an awesome toy and I just want more of it.
6) Mode shots are varied very well. Something I wish DI did a little better. There are a ton of shots to hit during these and they feel fresh.
More to come as I can think of it....

Regarding...
1) You mean not counting the mini wizard modes? I think the Shadow did this with the Discover Hotel Monolith where you have to open the hotel, then enter, then defeat the monguls.

5) Is the xenomorph head a shot in any of the modes? If so it would be good to activate movement for a few seconds when a shot is active.

#17838 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I will check

I will check again but don't think so. Great idea

ferret is the xenomorph head used as a target in any of the modes (Beyond multiball) and would it be able to open and close it’s jaw during any other gameplay moments beyond the multiball prep?

#17880 1 year ago

Are these issues design issues, parts quality issues, or manufacturing line issues putting the pin together?

#17944 1 year ago

Come'on guys, where are the gameplay videos?!

#17962 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

Received my game today, planning to unbox tonight. Hoping others receive their games quickly and others to receive their refunds. Watching Rufers video, this game looks incredible. Wishing the new Heighhway owners much success.

Which video?

#17984 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I bought an Alien LE and Full Throttle LE in full and I can’t get Morgan to respond to me. Andrew promised me ‘front of the line’ by paying in full. If I can’t get Heighway to answer my emails I will start legal action. Hopefully this won’t burn whatever cash they have left in defending against a lawsuit. However, I will give them every opportunity to make things right before I get aggressive. If anyone has an ‘in’ with Morgan, tell him to email me back and save Heighway and ‘Andrew’ some financial pain.

Um, Alien LE hasn't shipped yet. There is nothing to say that you aren't at the front of the line. Am I missing something?

#17988 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

You aren’t privy to my emails with Morgan. I offered to switch to standard Alien and Full Throttle if they weren’t shipping LEs anytime soon. The thing that irritates me is Morgan has not answered my emails. And I have been very cordial.

Correct. I’m not privy to your emails with Morgan, so just going with what you’ve shared here. But I’m not sure if that means they’ve broken their promise to put you at the front of the LE line. Why not ask for a refund, or have you already?

What are you hoping to achieve? Letting you downgrade? A refund? Or some clarity on when the LEs are shipping?

#18049 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

In emails to Morgan, I said I would downgrade to a standard if that would help... perhaps even be an investor if the company is still salvageable. But, at a minimum, I need a reply. Being ignored is not a good strategy for them.

Agreed, it's definitely bad form not to reply. I wish you all the best. I'm staying in for a LE, I prefer them working any issues out before shipping the Limited Editions.

#18066 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Damn Son!!!!! I can only dream about that score.

I like that what’s considered a high score is in the Millions. I don’t like the logarithmic-like exponential high scoring of games like GOT that goes into the multi billions.

#18070 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

"Its a cat" is the late great Harry Dean Stanton. We were very careful not to accidentally use any Ripley. It was a strange constraint to work under. Not a deal breaker as Hudson has the best stuff by far. There are half a dozen great lines by Ripley that it would have been great to have. HP tried. They tried real hard. They could not come to an agreement. We worked around it and we are happy with the results. We hope you are.

Would Heighway have been able to use Ripley’s quotes, but using a good impersonator? Don’t see why this couldn’t be a workable solution to get her ‘Bitch’ line in there. Could be even cooler if that was the ONLY Ripley quote in the pin.

#18075 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

basically, nope. If the actor has rights for derivative uses this covers 'sound-a-likes' as well. If an actor passes and their contract doesn't prohibit it then it can be possible. In this case Weaver controls derivative uses of Ripley.
I have been around this a lot but this is not what I do and we are getting on the fringes of what I can talk about authoritatively. In this particular case HP tried to make a deal and failed to do it.
David

Gotcha, just curious. The audio in the pin sounds amazing and the pin doesn’t at all suffer for the lack of Ripley. I prefer playing the ‘universe’ as opposed to playing the movie... makes the gameplay more timeless. Consider the Aurich Radio/pulp Shadow pin vs the Alec one as an example

#18082 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think what really works in this pins favor is that the entire time I feel like I'm playing as ripley. It doesn't feel like she is missing but since I'm her I'm hearing everyone else.

Ok. Well. While you’re playing as Ripley, I’m playing as Hudson.

#18159 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there a setting that controls magnet strength by xeno? I would like to increase if possible as I've seen a number of times where the ball is not captured and comes back down to my flippers when xeno is triggered

How often does this happen, percentage wise?

#18183 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So is anyone else getting this or is it just me? I'm consistently scoring higher playing Aliens vs Alien. All my top scores have come from starting with Aliens. If I where to run into this pin in a tournament anytime soon I know I'd start with Aliens. Could just be me but that's my early observation...although I'm still miles from fully grasping all the rules.

Do any modes seem to dominate in particular?

#18189 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You received better pics of actual shade? Shortly is over and Morgan has set my fully paid LE-mails on spam so you my only LE connection to him. Not clear if LEs get built in between or after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry. My feelings say LEs get built after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry but I would be thankful for a bit of fuel for my christmas dreams.

How do you know Morgan put you on Spam?

#18354 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

andrew please go crawl back into your moms basement. you contacted me and told me my le was ready to ship and had me wire thousands of dollars when you knew my le was not shipping anytime soon. you sir are a scammer, a criminal, liar and a thief. i almost lost 7000 because of you and still at risk of losing it all.
for you to come back here to defend yourself is ridiculous.
anybody screwing me out of my hard earned money would be dealt with and you better hope your friends at heighway come thru and deliver me an LE
because i will personally hold YOU accountable for any money i would lose on alien.

Hostile.

#18416 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

YES MEIN FURHER!! I SHALL NOT SPEAK ILL OF YOUR PRECIOUS ANDREW HEIGHWAY ELSE I BE BANNED!!!!

This is a witty post. Are you this funny in real life too?

#18426 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for the heads up. I figure there is not a lot of leverage to make them hold their word and they just need to do the right thing and also show that they are supporting owners.
I still love the game, but their inability to simply communicate is maddening and I think bad for their longer term goals of being profitable. I assume others here also want to see all the early adopters with the first 10-15 games properly taken care of.
Did you use any other leverage on them? Curious if there is better leverage for you since you may have better legal protection being in the UK? Feel free to PM if you prefer.
I hate to think it is getting to that point but when you have been strung along for months now I have to wonder if that is the next step.

Are you sure your emails are getting through? Do you have the right email address? Are you incorrectly being marked as spam by their email filter?

#18462 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

heighwaypinball The game need to come with mylar protection from the factory around bumpers and scoops. The plastics either need protectors or use the correct plastic...sincerely, future purchaser.

I’m concerned about the plastics.

#18497 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

That's exactly the way it feels. It's gotten to that point again like where he got called out last time for. For him to be posting in the manner he is with him only very recently jumping on board and getting a game over us very early adopters, it strikes that nerve like it's almost rubbing salt in the wound I guess. And his "updates" have now got into annoying territory. It's still a very sore open wound for us and talking and posting that way comes off very brash, especially after he was already told to cut it back. Post unboxings and heighway/cointaker updates or rants here, otherwise move over to the review thread and post your "how to's" and pinball basics or reviews there.

I completely disagree and welcome delt31 comments... otherwise seems like sour grapes. I enjoy seeing others getting the pin and feeling happy for them. I’m in on a LE and will welcome my pin when it’s ready.

#18503 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t agree with some of the comments, no question but ultimately there is an owners club thread and this thread servers a different purpose. Considering I’m an owner, loving the game for the past month and now in the refining stages, I’ll move my posts over to the club. I hope everyone, especially LE owners are happy when they receive their machines. Cheers

Yes but this is the official thread.

#18509 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's the official thread for what the hell is happening at Heighway with this game. There is a separate "club" thread for owners.

It’s the official Alien game thread, everything Alien Pinball, not just a few select approved aspects of the pin.

#18528 1 year ago
Quoted from sed6:

Actually this is not correct. Per Morgan at Heighway...we are selling games to people who just ordered in order to increase our cash flow. Your game you paid for months ago will be ready sometime in the future, perhaps by Christmas.

When/where did Morgan state this?

#18529 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I received email from Morgan today, stating the 3 color choices for the LE's would be shown very soon, with LE machines going out directly after. He would not guarantee a Christmas delivery but stated that was the intent.
Now....WHO LE's go out when, I don't know. I did respond that my hope was the refund issue had been resolved, and the LE's would go out in the order they were received, with EARLY adopters being first.

Shouldn’t it not be in the order received, but in the ordered manufactured a la the LE number? What would FUN! Billiards and allpinball have to say about this, I wonder?

#18533 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Do we have any news that HW is taking notes from early SE games and improving the QC on the soon to be (hopeful) LE games? I'd like to think so but haven't heard anything. We don't even know what is included with the LE games (is the artwork still included/what is the point with the big screen on all games now? What about those of us that ordered through CT where the screen was always part of the deal? Trim colors coming soon...the goodie pack with shirts and extras seems a lost cause now) would be nice to see another post for the new HW team but that seems unlikely.
It is nice that owners have posted their fixes and updates here but I'd like to see some changes at the factory for the rest of the run especially LE owners that have had money down for years.

Yes like plastics that won’t break, face huggers that won’t break, and Mylar.

#18537 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Actually I can't imagine how the face huggers would break...mine a