pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heighwaypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

267 posts in this topic match your search for posts by heighwaypinball. You are on page 2 of 2.
#12568 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Really would like some updates on the LE status?! Been way too quiet for way too long, I know it's likely cause there is no update but this whole Fox approval thing has been going on way too long and why is it still even in this approval stage with games already shipping out! I don't want to raise too much of a fuss but that's a little concerning to still be trying to get an approval at this stage where full flipping games are shipping..... Oh well I'll go back to my first world problems.

Apologies for the radio silence.

We are in regular contact with FOX to have the final LE package approved. We are waiting on one particular high res asset from them - and that's all that is holding things up.

We are very aware of two major dates coming up soon - Alien Day, and the theatrical release of Alien Covenant. We are as keen as you all to release the artwork to you by at least one of these dates.

The preferred date would of course be the former, but we are still planning on beginning LE production at the end of the month.

The other thing here is that there are no major holdups to LE production with regards to artwork or the fibre lighting. We already drive the fibre lighting anyway, with hardware and software used on Full Throttle. We can literally have LE artwork printed within hours, and installed on machines, once we have final FOX approval.

So, the bottom line is that we are pushing hard on all fronts - whilst doing everything we need to do to significantly increase production numbers.

#12577 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The other thing here is that there are no major holdups to LE production with regards to artwork or the fibre lighting. We already drive the fibre lighting anyway, with hardware and software used on Full Throttle.

I just want to clarify this point as maybe I used the wrong wording. What I meant to say is that we have the fibre hardware system and software platform already - as it is currently used on Full Throttle. No development is needed for this to work - only coding. Fibre coding for Alien is NOT complete at this time but is currently one of our top two priorities - along with the LE artwork.

#12613 7 years ago

Just to give you an update on LE art - we have told FOX that we need to hit one of either Alien Day or the release of Alien Covenant for revealing the LE artwork.

This is what everyone is working towards.

Games continue to ship. Tweaks, faults and adjustments learnt from the first batch of games are all being worked on and production is being ramped up.

The delay in posting the Dave Sanders interview is my fault and will be done today.

#12614 7 years ago

In our latest YouTube video, Alien Pinball game designer, Dave Sanders, answers questions from the public about his latest game design, and talks about other game designers that have influenced him over the years

#12629 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Im gonna assume Ripley is absent due to money( too expensive) and good riddance, she has nothing to do with why I enjoy the Alien series and if anything ruined certain aspects for me.

I can tell you now that we pushed the boat out with our financial offer to Sigourney's agent. It was substantial and it was rejected. I very much doubt our competitors bettered our offer. But we will never know.

Honestly - I don't care that we didn't get her in the end. Since the beginning of this game, the player is intended to be playing "as Ripley" so it really makes no sense for Ripley to also be interacting with the player. It would have been "nice" to have her - but we really don't feel the game is poorer without her.

1 week later
#13008 6 years ago

I’ve been away from Pinside for a while so apologies if I’ve not been communicating.

Anyway...

Happy Alien Day!

#13013 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I notice the video says artwork subject to approval, so does that mean this LE artwork still hasn't been approved by FOX yet?

It was approved approximately 1 hour ago

#13022 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The backglass looks great but I thought aurich was doing the art on the LE as well. I see Andrew made it a point of naming the artist responsible for doing it. I'm just curious of the change. Maybe I missed that Brian Allen was doing the art on the Le. If so, my apologies.

Aurich has done the entire art package for both SEs and LEs except for the LE backglass art. We wanted a particular high resolution image from FOX but it just wasn't available in the end.

Brian was brought in to create something unique - and that's what LE buyers will get - 1 of 500 pieces of unique and drawn Alien art

#13154 6 years ago

There have been some suggestions that we have only shipped 2 or 3 Alien games. This is simply not true.

I understand the knives are out for us on Pinside again right now.

We have shipped out a good quantity of games and continue to do so every week. We have a good number of customers with Alien games in 6 different countries right now.

For example, 3 more games left only 5 minutes ago - please see the photo below.

As for the Cointaker shipment - there have been no delays at our end. Please direct any enquiries about the shipment to Cointaker. Their consignment is due to leave very soon in any case.

More parts are coming in daily and production is already ramping up ... and will continue to ramp up until we reach our target of at least 100 games a month

SHipment 280417 (resized).jpgSHipment 280417 (resized).jpg

#13157 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Look at the timestamp of that video, and when he said it was approved, remember this is UK timezone.
So my point is that saying few workers in a video that is filmed maybe at a strange hour is not a solid reason to make any conclusion on.
If it still does not makes sense, please let me know.

The video was recorded at the very end of the day on Alien Day. 30 minutes past our normal factory closing time.

We took the risk of recording the video before approval because LA is 8 hours behind us.

The approval came in around 11pm local time - at which point we posted the video. Only just on Alien Day in the UK, but still early on Alien Day for the States

#13166 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Andrew- Thanks for the update. I ship c-containers from time to time. From pick-up to delivery globally can take anywhere from 30-45 days to clear customs. Im sure the cointakers will be here soon.
You can throw it on a plane from 700-1000 extra, will still take a week to clear.
Biggest flaw or problem ive seen was selling the 3 machines out of TPF.
Those 3 should have gone on tour rather than get sold. This would have been really good advertising for the pin. Many shows on west coast next 3-4 months, and no Aliens will be present......well, there is a remake making these shows.

Cointaker's games will ship by airfreight

#13393 6 years ago

There are many questions about production so I want to give you an update.

We continue to manufacture and ship Standard Edition games on a weekly basis.

We are not at the point of 'mass production' yet as we continue to iron out any issues that may arise. We have had a lot more issues to deal with than we first thought, and we have made some significant changes as a result. Clearly, it is much better to make these changes when smaller numbers of machines have been delivered.

I'd like to take this chance to thank all of the early adopters for their patience, and their significant feedback. It really has helped us to develop a better, and more reliable game.

I understand everyone's frustration at the slow production figures - but this will change, and soon. We will continue to ramp up SE production to clear our current backlog. LE production is also beginning now and we expect to ship significant numbers of LEs in June and July to paid-in-full customers first.

We are 100% committed to delivering this game to everyone who has ordered - and as quickly as quickly as possible. It is our one and only priority

3 weeks later
#14488 6 years ago

Thank you to those who have emailed me to let me know about the latest comments on Pinside.

There has been a lack of communication on our side because a lot is going on behind the scenes - and we are hoping to make a significant announcement within days.

We apologise for this lack of communication but everything will become clear shortly.

You should know that there are some Pinsiders here with ulterior motives - with an interest in bringing our company down.

We would ask for a little more patience please, until our announcement is made.

Thanks for reading.

#14516 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You gotta be shitting me...60 day refunds so he can buy a Porsche?

I see how rumours can spiral out of control. I wasn't going to comment anymore until the announcement.

However, I will address this issue because it involves personal attacks on me and more importantly, upsets paying customers who need to understand the truth about a few things.

1. I, and everyone involved with the company, are acting in the best interests of all of our customers - to get everyone the games that they have ordered and/or paid for.

2. We will not be announcing any new games for the foreseeable future. Alien gets made now, and in the foreseeable future

3. I have driven a 12-year old Cayenne for 3 years now. It has a book value of £6,600 ($8k). It was leased. My previous car was a cat-C damaged ex-police Vauxhall Vectra.

4. I don't own a house. I rent a house in one of the poorest and most depressed areas of the UK. I also don't own an RV.

We wish to deal with all outstanding issues once the announcement has been made. This will include cancellation requests, although we hope that customers will still want this game following the announcement.

#14523 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

And you know what Andrew Heighway...F! Every single word in the above quote!
Don't you dare try to place even one lick of blame on any of us who are trying to do nothing more than keep each other safe!
Only one person at the helm of this company which can decide it's fate is you..and you alone!
I mean you have 2 moderators currently posting with a high degree of skepticism for Petes sake...

I'm sorry - but you misunderstand me.

There are some specific individuals who are trying to bring the company down. In this instance, I was referring to Rubberducks - who is under NDA with our company, yet has been emailing people and telling them to cancel orders with us.

The majority of people here, including yourself, have every right to criticise us and I was not referring to you. I am not placing blame on 99.9% of Pinsiders, and I apologise if I insinuated otherwise.

#14529 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Bump
Since Andrew is back in the thread

It's a public holiday here until Tuesday. Please email [email protected] with your details and he will send you out a replacement unit.

I will mention it to him as well

#14595 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Andrew,
Is there something about this big announcement that stops you from responding to customers emails?
I have been emailing Heighway for almost a month with no response and i was offering to send more money. I hope your announcement includes hiring someone to take care of your customers, because you have one of the greatest pinball tables ever with Alien.
If you think ignoring your customers (while you think up solutions) is the way to do business, you have a lot to learn.
As much as i want to give you the benefit of the doubt, i am not a mind reader, so i only have this thread to go by. For those that only have this thread to go by, it is hard not to think that many would and should be nervous about their money.
Looking forward to you proving me wrong in the future.

Quoted from GAP:

Andrew, I have also been emailing you and Jay for the last 2 weeks. I'm paid in full and still no response. I'm a patient person and very understanding, but when there is complete radio silence that's alarming. I think you owe it to the people who have paid for a game in full a private email, explaining what is going on. If people are pulling out, it's because of lack of communication. I'm 100% in, but if I don't hear anything from you personally via email, I may be pulling out and wait til there are games available. If I hear a response and happy with it, Ill update this post to say I heard back and still in. You made a incredible game !

Lack of communication is unacceptable. There are reasons why this hasn't been happening, but it is unacceptable nonetheless.

Much better customer services is a must, moving forwards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
267 posts in this topic match your search for posts by heighwaypinball. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heighwaypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/2?tu=heighwaypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.