pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

287 posts in this topic match your search for posts by frolic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#20377 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

We have had a customer drop out

Quoted from PACMAN:

Got the same BS email. How many ugly green trim LEs did new, line-jumping buyers drop out of?

Oh boy. There was likely a better way for Heighway to handle this, than to further reinforce the negative perceptions about what is going on over there.

2 weeks later
#20554 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Previously the "it's your lucky day, someone who ordered an LE with green trim dropped out! All you have to do is send us the full balance now and maybe you'll get one when we've got enough money to ship them" email - which several people got carbon copies of - suggested that there wouldn't be a shipment until such time as people with deposits sent the full balance along.
I'm naturally pessimistic but it doesn't sound like that ship is sailing anywhere until more victims customers pay the full balance.
Funny thing is, HW could dispel all of the skepticism simply by providing photos of the LEs/non-LEs ready to ship, etc. At this point I'd want to see a copy of todays paper in the photo too. Even regular production updates would help, with photos & videos of the processes, etc. Would cost them nothing, and give customers new and old alike confidence that they're actually doing things behind closed doors. Right now radio silence in between Nigerian-prince-scam looking emails does the opposite.

There's probably a photo of Andrew up in their office with darts in it, and they probably blame him for everything, but at some point they have to own how they've managed this from the day they took his keys.

#20606 6 years ago

the black in that photo of the factory also has silver legs, so those must just be used for testing in the factory and keep the actual ones safe.

#20643 6 years ago
Quoted from CalibrunKnight:

HW isn't going to release the container because CT isn't paying for machines that keep coming back broken and the lack of parts.

is this actual information?

#20667 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For a long time I really did secretly wonder if this was Predator Part 2, and the license wasn't real.

Wow. This is an incredible statement and certainly an indictment of what all went on there, that these thoughts would even rattle around in your mind.

#20685 6 years ago

We're talking about SPARE PARTS. They honestly can't produce SPARE PARTS, and if they can't produce and sell SPARE PARTS then yeah... what is there left to do?

#20689 6 years ago

It's sad. Just last night my wife was showing her Alien queen tattoo. We would love this pin. I'm sure a lot of people would. It is killer. So wtf went so wrong, especially in the last 10 months since Andrew left the building. Or is it still his fault they aren't producing spare parts today or supporting their customers?

#20732 6 years ago

Definitely feels like a slow motion car wreck unfolding. What is the path forward at this point?

#20746 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My how times have changed...

ouch.

That 2014 Expo was really something.

#20775 5 years ago

Are the Alien LEs that are arriving more reliable than the last batch?

I think the only thing that would give me hope at this point is by now with the LEs they've ironed everything out. If there is still snafus going on with delivered machines, then what hope can there be?

#20791 5 years ago

So who is left in Wales?

#20793 5 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

I hope it can be resolved but what could Heighway do for CT to released payment?

Seems like a big part of the problem is spare parts, and a manual/schematics. Some way to support the machines post sale.

I suspect if Heighway did this:

-produced service manual
-produced and delivered a batch of spare parts
-had a dedicated tech support person on a dedicated system (some sort of ticket system)

A lot of good could come of that. And in all seriousness, how can anyone continue to deal with a company that did not have the above in place?

#20943 5 years ago

Not sure how this was going to end up with any other outcome. When things were in such disarray people couldn't even get responses to their inquiries of BUYING a machine.

#21005 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Remember when the investors made their first announcement, and I said that outside of them, I as the game's designer had the most to lose? That wasn't hyperbole. I hope Aurich does get his machine, because he knows what I'm talking about. I wish I was in a better position to give my side of the story, but I can't because right now I'm a focal point in between two parties, I have to remain neutral, and I've got to let things play out between them first.

I have zero inside information but I hope your story isn't something like you've been living in a empty pinball factory for 3 years and no salary.

You're a talented designer, I'm sure there's other opportunity for you out there.

#21110 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Happy Alien Day!

oh boy. what a coincidence.

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I was hoping the investors would've made an official announcement but no

Why change what (didn't) work for them and start communicating now? That never helped things.

#21118 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

AFAIK, there is no container.

Hearing stuff like that, the "you can have a green LE", makes it impossible to feel sympathy for the investors. They can blame Andrew all they want, but those choices were on them.

#21144 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

announce that all is not lost!

I suppose someone can buy the IP and stock and parts and whatever else for pennies on the dollar, and then try to ramp up producing machines again.

There IS a finished game that exists (2 actually, and maybe others). This isn't a jpop diorama of a non-functioning game. People who have "working" Aliens really enjoy them. So... who knows.

#21543 5 years ago

I'm just going to say I don't agree with some of the narrative that the Heighway system and hardware is cheap junk. If they had a working support system, and spare parts available, I think no one would really have anything bad to say about it, compared to the major pinball companies.

The engineers that put all this together should get full credit for their success. Working through tough conditions, no less.

My Full Throttle has run without a dark day since the day it first arrived for me in 2015. And from what I've seen online of support issues, some spare parts would solve any of the problems people have.

I know the piling on is going on and there are a lot of burned people, but just wanted to offer that up.

#21574 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But the very first time that someone could buy one of these kits (FT owners could buy an Aliens kit) it wouldn't work, as the CPU that was used in FT was not up to the task. Was that issue ever resolved?

Considering I'll likely never have an Alien kit for my Full Throttle, that would be a .... "no" .

#21609 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

How about "Alien Pinball , its officially over "

Even better:

ALIEN PINBALL - Game Over, Man, Game Over.

#21643 5 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Daves Go Fund Me:
https://www.gofundme.com/dave-sanders-fund
Hopefully it will go past the £1000 mark and a lot further..

I love when the community can rally like this. Props to everyone involved.

Dave, as a Full Throttle owner I have admired your work. You are very talented. There is something great waiting out there for you, even if that is not known to you at this time.

#21669 5 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Daves Go Fund Me:
https://www.gofundme.com/dave-sanders-fund
Hopefully it will go past the £1000 mark and a lot further..

Link re-posted for new page. £2000 passed!

#21710 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hopefully one of the GOOD pinball companies will consider picking Dave up given his proven track record.
Feel like moving to Chicago?

I know it's easy to suggest to someone to just move or change their life or whatever, but I hope Dave does find a home in the industry. It seems to me the passion for pinball is still there, so just needs to find the right outlet.

#21832 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I was also personally assured that I would get my machines, as well as they put that in the statement that went out on Pinside.

Well, that's the the thing, they did put that statement on Pinside. Everyone was told they'd get their pinball machines. Obviously Andrew was told the same thing. I do believe him when he says that was most important to him.

Re-reading their announcement is pretty illuminating. Combined with the fact that the "new" investors were the "old" investors, who had been involved the whole time.

Then of course was how they ran it from that day forward, and this whole thing about "Pinball Brothers" that was incorporated right at that same time and then the apparent gut and transfer of materials started. WTF is that all about.

#21966 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Curious did JJP get bailed out also?

Here's an article dated August 7, 2015 about the investment.

https://www.app.com/story/money/business/main-street/2015/08/07/jersey-jack-pinball-investment/31302953/

#21968 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it begs the question of whether or not all of the facts, figures and statuses of heighway pinball were divulged when the investors stepped in or were they that daft?

These dudes were the "old" investors as well. They were involved for years.

#22017 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

When was the stern bailout/investment? Was it ever released who it was?

Pinball News article dated 2009:

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/sternpartner.html

#22123 5 years ago

So the rumor was Stern wanted the Alien license as well. With the Heighway game being shitcanned and only a handful of them out in the world with no more to come, I wonder if we might see a Stern version down the road? (not a re-release of the Heighway version, but an internal Stern design Alien).

#22210 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s a real shame because this is a great theme and this pin could have sold thousands.

It seems like that was what Andrew was betting on, trying to make it across the finish line.

The insane thing is the Pinball Brothers totally ditched marketing the game. They no showed the 2 most important pinball shows of the past year (Expo '17 and TPF '18, let alone all the other shows) with no Aliens on the floor at all.

I'm not saying they should have taken more pre-orders, but if they saw that there was potential for the game to sell, maybe the company could have been better resourced with cash, instead of the hard line they drew apparently.

Now as more people actually play the game, it will likely change everything, but too late now.

#22212 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Expo 18 hasn't been on yet nor 19 TPF

lol. I took a time machine. Edited my post.

#22219 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At this point, thank God they didn't. How many people need to be burned.

I get it. In the end the factory had to actually ship something (that works).

2 weeks later
#22330 5 years ago

Aurich, whatever you do with it, glad you got it.

2 weeks later
#22474 5 years ago

I see lots of money being spent. That's the easy part.

1 week later
#22520 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Well good in theory but if they make $1000 a game thy would need to sell a lot to recover the loss

There's no way that should be the customer's problem. That's a Cointaker problem.

I hope in this case the delay is a falling through the cracks issue. Months of delay is unacceptable, especially in light of all that has happened.

1 week later
#22708 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

And on that note... please don't rate the "pre production" games.

People rate games with beta software even though they will evolve over time, you can only rate what you've played and had your hands on.

The broken Aliens are part of its legacy, unfortunately.

I do believe though that Joe, Dave, and everyone on the team would benefit from real feedback on what worked and what didn't work, and don't need people to pump the ratings, or try and dismiss people who had a less than stellar experience from a broken game. I believe (and they can correct me if I'm wrong) that is all they are looking for, just some feedback to learn from.

#22768 5 years ago

Has anyone just tried adding a couple of spotlights to Alien?

When I've done that to any game it makes a huge difference, and might be all Alien needs.

#22786 5 years ago

So what is the consensus on those last Alien machines that were shipped? Are they working/reliable?

From my observation it seems that they are, which makes it a bigger shame that they pulled the plug on everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
287 posts in this topic match your search for posts by frolic. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/2?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.