• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 494.
#14901 2 years ago

Love it, I really like the standard art, with the eggs and side panels look great as well, but do wish the le would have been more giger-ish

#14902 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Again I don't think your right. Dougie correct me if I'm wrong, you started a certain JPOP thread, asked the Mods to close it down and were denied? The Mods I believe have the ability to assess the thread and decide whether or not to close it down based on the benefits or lack thereof to the general Pinside community.

I wouldnt close this thread, just try and keep it about the game -maybe try and take all discussion relating to the investors/refunds to the new rebirth thread.

#14903 2 years ago

If anyone wants to try playing Alien come to Indiana. It's on location now.

IMG_1510 (resized).JPG

IMG_1511 (resized).JPG

#14904 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Again I don't think your right. Dougie correct me if I'm wrong, you started a certain JPOP thread, asked the Mods to close it down and were denied? The Mods I believe have the ability to assess the thread and decide whether or not to close it down based on the benefits or lack thereof to the general Pinside community.

Yeah Xerico asked me a long while back if I wanted to close the Jpop thread and I think I wavered but they came back and said Mods thought it would be better to preserve and leave it open to document the history and the fact that the story wasn't over.

I'm glad they did Billy!

Alien thread needs to stay open imho

When they ship games it won't matter and we might actually get a happy ending

#14905 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is the plan to Bankrupt Highway pinball and start new?

This is generally called re birthing.

#14906 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

If anyone wants to try playing Alien come to Indiana. It's on location now.

64 credits. You had a high roller playing I see.

#14907 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

64 credits. You had a high roller playing I see.

I put them on so people can learn the game for a bit.

#14908 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I put them on so people can learn the game for a bit.

Is the xeno head working?

#14909 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Is the xeno head working?

Not completely. I have it turned off. Tongue comes out more frequent than it's intended. I've been told I'm getting the updated mech but with the way things are going I'm not counting on anything.

#14910 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've been told I'm getting the updated mech but with the way things are going I'm not counting on anything.

If anything, things are looking up. Yes there will be further delays, but getting your parts someday is way better than never.

#14911 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If anything, things are looking up. Yes there will be further delays, but getting your parts someday is way better than never.

Hope your right but I'm not feeling as confident. I just picture the old jpop bailout that didn't go so well. It seems to me so many people are asking for money back that they may be in trouble regardless. I truly hope I'm wrong as the game is very fun, but the amount of issues I'm experiencing on my machine aren't making me any more confident in it.

#14912 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Not completely. I have it turned off. Tongue comes out more frequent than it's intended. I've been told I'm getting the updated mech but with the way things are going I'm not counting on anything.

Hmmm but it sounds like the coin mech works though.
That's all that matters for an op.

#14913 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hope your right but I'm not feeling as confident. I just picture the old jpop bailout that didn't go so well. It seems to me so many people are asking for money back that they may be in trouble regardless. I truly hope I'm wrong as the game is very fun, but the amount of issues I'm experiencing on my machine aren't making me any more confident in it.

JPOP was NOWHERE NEAR this far along. A few tweaks (and a LOT of parts) and they should be able to start cranking these out. They have a FACTORY (JPOP...no factory). They have a fully (or nearly so) functioning machine with code! All they need is a little time and a lot of cash. I think they know EXACTLY where they sit on this which is why they decided to pull the trigger and go for it. Fully licensed and approved design; popular theme; a factory and enough people who do still want it. And you just know more will jump in if these really do start to roll out of the factory at a good clip.

#14914 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

JPOP was NOWHERE NEAR this far along.

Jpop also had previous 'investors' with their hand in the cookie jar. They failed miserably and then the real bail out only happened since AP got caught with their pants down and Jpop with a bottle of lotion at full charge. They had to duck and cover and then rebuild. Part of that meant paying off Jpop it seems.

This Heighway buy out sounds like legit investors looking to make it happen (i.e. more like the obvious success that the JJP investor thing has been)

We can all hope it will be the later and not a former.

#14915 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

JPOP was NOWHERE NEAR this far along. A few tweaks (and a LOT of parts) and they should be able to start cranking these out. They have a FACTORY (JPOP...no factory). They have a fully (or nearly so) functioning machine with code! All they need is a little time and a lot of cash. I think they know EXACTLY where they sit on this which is why they decided to pull the trigger and go for it. Fully licensed and approved design; popular theme; a factory and enough people who do still want it. And you just know more will jump in if these really do start to roll out of the factory at a good clip.

This, I believe is 100% correct. Heighway can never be compared to JPOP or Kevin ( both complete con artists), imho. Andrew MADE games, got through all the hurdles of development of a huge title ( possibly too big for the maturity of the company), and short of tweaks, has the grail out in standard editions, with all pieces in place for a non Frankensteined LE in place.

It will simply take more cash and resources ( people) to get the line running and these out the door. It's gonna happen, not as promised, timeline wise, but it WILL happen. These are real, licensed games, with a real market, waiting to put out real cash to get one.

No vaporware here....suspect the investors are keenly aware of this.

#14916 2 years ago

Alien for sale in Tn, just listed.
$8500, no wait.
No, not mine.

#14917 2 years ago

Yep it's mine and it should be Indiana not Tennessee.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-1#post-3802023

Open to trade for Ruby Red WoZ with 2.0 boards price is just pinside suggestion. Open to offers.

#14918 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It will simply take more cash and resources ( people) to get the line running and these out the door.

How about settling their accounts first & using this cash infusion to process long-delayed paid-in-full refunds to the customers who are still waiting for them.

The longer they drag refunds out, the longer they'll be getting negative responses from angry customers.

Send out refunds before buying parts, labor, etc etc. It's a major piece of the financial puzzle.

#14919 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep it's mine and it should be Indiana not Tennessee.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-1#post-3802023
Open to trade for Ruby Red WoZ with 2.0 boards price is just pinside suggestion. Open to offers.

That's a fair trade.
To bad....i understand, cant blame you.

#14920 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

How about settling their accounts first & using this cash infusion to process long-delayed paid-in-full refunds to the customers who are still waiting for them.
The longer they drag refunds out, the longer they'll be getting negative responses from angry customers.
Send out refunds before buying parts, labor, etc etc. It's a major piece of the financial puzzle.

Good points....I don't have definitive $#'s of accounts owed or refunds promised. Still hoping refund requests are in the minority compared to people wanting the game. The only thing I know is if they don't start meeting the requests for paid in full customers and others willing to buy ( hence getting the line going), the refund requests rise, and eventually end will come, period. Games gotta flow, or the rest doesn't happen.

#14921 2 years ago

That is awesome. I love it.

#14922 2 years ago

Slamtilt...badass art mang! I love h.r. giger.. that's the stuff right there that keeps me checking these silly threads! Thanks !

1496555278705757666286 (resized).jpg

#14923 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Slamtilt...badass art mang! I love h.r. giger.. that's the stuff right there that keeps me checking these silly threads! Thanks !

Who's dangling their severed leg into your photo?

rd

#14924 2 years ago

I'm out, sent my refund request but it took a while to hit the send button, I want the game its just not looking good and for me with exchange we are talking about 11K here, I'll give Heighway a week then its paypal dispute/CC company and all that jazz, this sucks and its my fault for sending full payment, I should have learned my lesson with predator but another grail pin that I couldn't pass up, I hope these get made then I can buy from a distributor but I can't stomach this anymore.

#14925 2 years ago

Sad to read familiar pre order pinsiders bailing but totally understandable

If the new investors are serious they may be just better refunding everyone and get people off their backs whilst they regroup and take the time they need to fix this thing.Gain some credibility back at the same time

That's prob me just being nieve. I know what I'd do in their situation

#14926 2 years ago

People will still buy this title if they get it right and was readily available from a distributer

Period.

#14927 2 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Sad to read familiar pre order pinsiders bailing but totally understandable

It's more sad to see that Pinsider's continue to go down this pre-order path despite all of the history that we have in this hobby that proves that it's such a risky move. People are hypnotized by blinky lights and a great theme and do it anyway.

Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

People will still buy this title if they get it right and was readily available from a distributer
Period.

Including me.

#14928 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Who's dangling their severed leg into your photo?

rd

That's my Oprah Winfrey arms! Haha.

#14929 2 years ago

Enough of the BS, shell games and shady business practices. I AM OUT!!

$1500 deposit refund request sent.

#14930 2 years ago

in the next 24 hours we will know a lot more. I'm in on LE #2 and I'm waiting to see how it shakes out. Im thinking new owners will reach out and figure this out.

#14931 2 years ago

You'll get more BS and excuses. EVERYONE should pull out while they still can.

IF the so-called angel investors do pull this turd of a company out they can BUILD the games THEN sell the games.

Quoted from hank527:

in the next 24 hours we will know a lot more. I'm in on LE #2 and I'm waiting to see how it shakes out. Im thinking new owners will reach out and figure this out.

#14932 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

You'll get more BS and excuses.

How do you know that? We have ZERO history here.

#14933 2 years ago

Me and you?

Quoted from Astropin:

How do you know that? We have ZERO history here.

#14934 2 years ago

We have zero history from this new management. You do realize that Heighway has been taken over and Andrew is out right? So what's happened in the past (while shitty) no longer applies. It may apply again...but we really don't know at this stage.

So how can you assert that we will get more BS and excuses?

#14935 2 years ago

They have ZERO history or credibility as well. Hell, i could start a post that says i bought Highway Pinball too.

#14936 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

They have ZERO history or credibility as well. Hell, i could start a post that says i bought Highway Pinball too.

Now you're just getting silly...or...haven't read the thread. We have MANY people working (or worked) for Heighway that have spoken with these new people...in detail...and have vouched for their intentions and "potential" ability. They at least have a strong business background and even more importantly with Alien...they have cash to throw at it.

Does any of that guarantee success?....of course not. But I don't think you can say they have ZERO credibility.

It's going to go one of two ways....success....or cluster fuck....that's it. But NO ONE knows which way it will go...no one.

#14937 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

That's good news Hank.....thanks for sharing....can't decide where I appreciate your efforts more....here, or the BM66 code update thread....... anyway, it's appreciated by me and surely by others...mark

#14938 2 years ago

Here's what I have a hard time understanding:

- Say there are 100 paid in full customers waiting for their game.
- 60 of them ask for their money back.
- So 60 x $6,500 = $390,000.

The new owners have to send $390,00 back and still they have to produce another 40 games at say $6,000 each so another $240,000.

That means the new owners would have to shell out at least $630,000 before they can even start to turn a single cent of profit.

They need to sort out the existing issues and spend hundred of thousands more for parts and labour to get new games done. Are these new owners willing to spend well over a million dollars to try and make this all happen?

I have a hard time understanding it but I hope they get it done.

QSS

#14939 2 years ago

Listen to JJPs interview on Kaneda's and you will hear that it will take several millions, not just one.

And that is why Aurich keeps recommending what he does. All the respect for him, 2 years in and yet he somehow manages to keep his calm, remains analytical - not emotional

#14940 2 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

The new owners have to send $390,00 back and still they have to produce another 40 games at say $6,000 each so another $240,000.
That means the new owners would have to shell out at least $630,000 before they can even start to turn a single cent of profit.
They need to sort out the existing issues and spend hundred of thousands more for parts and labour to get new games done. Are these new owners willing to spend well over a million dollars to try and make this all happen?
QSS

Really it will cost $6000.00 to produce a game that sells for 6500. a 7.7% profit margin
And you KNOW that there are NO parts in inventory to build those games.
I think the new investors have a better Idea of the assests and liabilities to go forward.

#14941 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Listen to JJPs interview on Kaneda's and you will hear that it will take several millions, not just one

How do you know? (hint..you don't). You can't say this is exactly the same situation as JJP. We (none of us) know the current status of Heighway with assets vs debts. It might cost 1/2 a million it might cost several "we" have no frigin clue so I wish "we" would all stop guessing.

#14942 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Really it will cost $6000.00 to produce a game that sells for 6500. a 7.7% profit margin
And you KNOW that there are NO parts in inventory to build those games.
I think the new investors have a better Idea of the assests and liabilities to go forward.

I'm guess new orders will have an increased price

#14943 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

How do you know? (hint..you don't). You can't say this is exactly the same situation as JJP. We (none of us) know the current status of Heighway with assets vs debts. It might cost 1/2 a million it might cost several "we" have no frigin clue so I wish "we" would all stop guessing.

Of course you are the expert, Jersey Jack does not have anything on you.

Not having an argument with you, btw. You are part of the reason I visit this forum. Highly amusing.

#14944 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Of course you are the expert, Jersey Jack does not have anything on you.
Not having an argument with you, btw. You are part of the reason I visit this forum. Highly amusing.

Thanks...I try.

#14945 2 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

QSS

I have a hard time understanding your math......but get your point. Suspect " new" money still substantially outweighs refund request dollars, but I could be wrong. Most ( including me) only put deposits down. Not unreasonable to think they can handle refunds, ship the " paid in full" games ( I just don't think there are that many), then start sending games to deposit people....if the product is solid ( we know the theme is), money will come ( I'll pay immediately when there's proof mine is shipping). As I stated ( and believe) earlier.....games start rolling out, and this can work. A run on the bank and no machines going out = game over. Does anyone remember the bank bailout? Big boys get hit with runs on the bank as well. Lots went under amidst the panic. No local branch of any bank has nearly the cash on hand to cover if everyone wanted to close their accounts and get their money out. Those that waited it out are making money again. Let's hope the new investors have " bailout money". We can then wait, and eventually get a great machine out of this mess. Just an angle that gives me hope....for now....

#14946 2 years ago

I started the poll to see what numbers might come in regard to this analysis.

So far, there are 15 people who voted awaiting refund.....

Not perfect numbers, but also interesting how many might buy...

#14947 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Listen to JJPs interview on Kaneda's and you will hear that it will take several millions, not just one.

Sorry...while a few of Kaneda's podcasts have been amusing in a strange way, his venom for Aurich and Alien was ( is) very real. I avoid most of them ( listened to the Gomez one...tame enough)....".believe half of what you see....

#14948 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I started the poll to see what numbers might come in regard to this analysis.
So far, there are 15 people who voted awaiting refund.....
Not perfect numbers, but also interesting how many might buy...

Cool....this would be an interesting metric....have to find that thread...

#14949 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sorry...while a few of Kaneda's podcasts have been amusing in a strange way, his venom for Aurich and Alien was ( is) very real. I avoid most of them ( listened to the Gomez one...tame enough)....".believe half of what you see....

I as referring to what JJ said. Not K. No venom there, just facts

#14950 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I as referring to what JJ said. Not K. No venom there, just facts

Facts will be great in this situation, agreed. I'll be anxious to discover them.....but not tonight....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside