DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 601.
#14851 6 years ago

Same investor group that allowed this train wreck now has majority control.

#14852 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Same investor group that allowed this train wreck now has majority control.

Yes that was my first thought as well when I read Andrew's comment...

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The Investor Group are CURRENT investors of the company - some of them have been involved for many years already. They are well-experienced and respected members of the community already - and successful businessmen in their own rights. They are immensely passionate about the company and its products ... and moving this company forwards.

Still skeptical, but waiting for more detailed information to be given to actual customers.

#14853 6 years ago

Will games be made in U.K. Or production moved to the US!?

#14854 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going to ask the mods to please lock this thread, it's time to move on.
You'll want to take your discussion here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball

Not your call.

#14855 6 years ago

Why so hostile?

#14856 6 years ago

In regards to Aurich:
But why? This is the Pinside Alien thread, not the Pinside Heighway thread.

#14857 6 years ago

I asked on behalf of the investors, at their request. Obviously the Pinside staff gets the final say. I probably should have made that more clear.

Quoted from DerGoetz:

In regards to Aurich:
But why? This is the Pinside Alien thread, not the Pinside Heighway thread.

The other thread is going to be about the exact same things as this thread, and trying to track two, when one is nearly 300 pages long and full of things that are no longer relevant to the current situation just complicates things. All the questions and answers in one place seem reasonable to me.

I think everyone can agree that the last thing this project needs is more confusion than necessary. Does it matter? Nothing here is being erased.

#14858 6 years ago

I don't see a need to close this thread. it still remains the OFFICIAL GAME THREAD for ALIEN PINBALL. it is full of comments on art, theme, pf features, playability, programming, fixes, streams, etc. Hopefully future discussion will resume along these topic lines, especially once/if more games are delivered.

the circumstances surrounding the development/delivery of the game and the viability/restructuring of Heighway pinball during this time should remain as part of ALIEN's historical record.

#14859 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I don't see a need to close this thread. it still remains the OFFICIAL GAME THREAD for ALIEN PINBALL. it is full of comments on art, theme, pf features, playability, programming, fixes, streams, etc. Hopefully future discussion will resume along these topic lines, especially once/if more games are delivered.
the circumstances surrounding the development/delivery of the game and the viability/restructuring of Heighway pinball during that time should remain as part ALIEN's historical record.

Like Aurich said, it's not going anywhere either way. The stuff will still remain.

#14860 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You'll want to take your discussion here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball

Well I hope it doesn't get locked as there are a lot of answers that people need regarding refunds from Heighway Pinball.
My money sits with them and NOT the new "rebirthed heighway pinball"

#14861 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Well I hope it doesn't get locked as there are a lot of answers that people need regarding refunds from Heighway Pinball.

That information is ALREADY being addressed in the other thread. It will take some more time but it appears everyone who wants a refund will get a refund. Won't happen next week though. These guys need to get in and do a full accounting and figure out the best way forward. Looks like it will happen.

#14862 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I asked on behalf of the investors, at their request. Obviously the Pinside staff gets the final say. I probably should have made that more clear.

The other thread is going to be about the exact same things as this thread, and trying to track two, when one is nearly 300 pages long and full of things that are no longer relevant to the current situation just complicates things. All the questions and answers in one place seem reasonable to me.
I think everyone can agree that the last thing this project needs is more confusion than necessary. Does it matter? Nothing here is being erased.

Did you ever get a machine?
Just curious.
Thanks

#14863 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That they want this entire Alien thread closed is rediculous and a hell of a way to start their tenure.

#14864 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did you ever get a machine?
Just curious.
Thanks

No.

#14865 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That they want this entire Alien thread closed is rediculous and a hell of a way to start their tenure.

People are asking the same questions in two different places, new people are running the company, and they're trying to see and answer said questions so everyone can see.

If you ask a question here it's possible no one will see or answer it, so why be stubborn about it?

Either Robin is asleep or doesn't want to lock the thread. I did as requested and now I'm going to not worry about it, it's not my company or job.

#14866 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't get your reaction here? Closing this thread does not remove it. Who wants to follow two threads with the same questions? Not me.

#14867 6 years ago

I think the point is that there should be one thread about Heighway and one about Aliens. While this thread has become a cauldron of shit i still think there should be 2 threads.
Maybe the best course of action would to be to open an Alien machine thread to complement the WTF is going on with Heighway thread and closing this mess.

-Jeff

#14868 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I don't get your reaction here? Closing this thread does not remove it. Who wants to follow two threads with the same questions? Not me.

Have you ever tried to quote an important historical post from a locked thread? Try it sometime.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete

#14869 6 years ago

Thanks.
Hope you get a free one by christmas.
I still on for one, but going tobwait till after the new year. If company is successful they will be available for several years. So i feel no need to bitch about anything.

#14870 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh I don't know about that maybe ask Whysnow

the fact that a Moderator is thumbs upping this guy (keep in mind he is the dude that helped take advantage of others on the Jpop train and made sure he walked away with multiple Magic Girls while others are still left holding the bag on RAZA and AIW) is both EXTREMELY hypocritical and BS. The guy made a direct personal attack, violates multiple ToS of Pinside, and a Fing mod gives him a thumbs up for it...

WTF?

Quoted from flynnibus:

Funny... before you were practically boasting how you were giving them all this help by relaying your operator feedback, providing them audit dumps, your play videos helping... and got to the front of the line in the first place?

I am a fan of pinball and do all sorts of things to help all sorts of companies where I can. I dont have ANY ties with any of them. Funny part is that for as much of a hater you are, you have actually praised some of the things I have helped with in the past.

#14871 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the fact that a Moderator is thumbs upping this guy (keep in mind he is the dude that helped take advantage of others on the Jpop train and made sure he walked away with multiple Magic Girls while others are still left holding the bag on RAZA and AIW) is both EXTREMELY hypocritical and BS. The guy made a direct personal attack, violates multiple ToS of Pinside, and a Fing mod gives him a thumbs up for it...
WTF?

I am a fan of pinball and do all sorts of things to help all sorts of companies where I can. I dont have ANY ties with any of them. Funny part is that for as much of a hater you are, you have actually praised some of the things I have helped with in the past.

People think you're a (edited my mod team) - you should get used to it.

#14872 6 years ago

Criticizing a Mod is against ToS, open a mod feedback thread.

#14873 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I think the point is that there should be one thread about Heighway and one about Aliens.

Eventually yeah, but right now it's one and the same for all practical purposes.

#14874 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We have noted your request and reasoning for same in the report. With the weekend we likely won't have a decision till Monday/Tuesday - time zones and holidays and what not.

#14875 6 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Have you ever tried to quote an important historical post from a locked thread? Try it sometime.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete

Exactly.

And that is probably why they want this one locked.

There is a ton of information in this thread that people should be allowed to continue to quote, and yes, that includes posts where people's credibility may be at issue.

#14876 6 years ago

d8c (resized).pngd8c (resized).png

#14877 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
There is a ton of information in this thread that people should be allowed to continue to quote, and yes, that includes posts where people's credibility may be at issue.

That's a good point.

The initial feel from the mods online with me right now (which is certainly not many at this time) is we allow the new thread to live but leave this one open as well. If people want to migrate to the new thread great, if not then that's fine we will not force them and this thread continues.

#14878 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's a good point.
The initial feel from the mods online with me right now is we allow the new thread to live but leave this one open as well. If people want to migrate to the new thread great, if not then that's fine we will not force them and this thread continues.

Good to hear. Save me screenshotting every post.

#14879 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My only concern is if an "Official Game Thread" is locked, I believe it would cast a shadow over the machine and Heighway.. The best I can tell, the game is built, now just a corporate restructure/ infuse cash/ resources to mass produce (?)

If this is the case, then many machines will start rolling, and Tigerlaw would start a Club Thread. This one could then sort of fall off the radar, people could drain if they want, or revisit for whatever reason.

#14880 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's a good point.
The initial feel from the mods online with me right now (which is certainly not many at this time) is we allow the new thread to live but leave this one open as well. If people want to migrate to the new thread great, if not then that's fine we will not force them and this thread continues.

Tend to agree..makes sense...

#14881 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.

If the moderators choose to do anything, they should close the old "Heighway Pinball Official Pinside Thread" or simply merge it with the new one, since the current investors are effectively taking over Heighway Pinball's operations.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread

It makes NO sense to close the "ALIEN PINBALL - Official Game Thread" just because Heighway's management and ownership are changing.

Did the old Hobbit game threads close and start up new Hobbit game threads just because JJP brought in a new investor and Jack gave up his majority stake?

No, and it shouldn't happen here, either.

#14882 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the fact that a Moderator is thumbs upping this guy (keep in mind he is the dude that helped take advantage of others on the Jpop train and made sure he walked away with multiple Magic Girls while others are still left holding the bag on RAZA and AIW) is both EXTREMELY hypocritical and BS. ...

Is one of those the one that was at the PNW show two years ago?

#14883 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

My understanding is it's the SAME company with the SAME owners, just that they are majority stakeholders now. I'm not going to request a refund as I want to give these guys some time, my understanding also is that there aren't a huge amount of people fully paid up so as long as those people get their machines first then I think all will be well.

#14884 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

My understanding is it's the SAME company with the SAME owners, just that they are majority stakeholders now. I'm not going to request a refund as I want to give these guys some time, my understanding also is that there aren't a huge amount of people fully paid up so as long as those people get their machines first then I think all will be well.

What makes you think that fully paid up people are still going to want the machine and not a refund?

#14885 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

What makes you think that fully paid up people are still going to want the machine and not a refund?

I do.

#14886 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

My understanding is it's the SAME company with the SAME owners, just that they are majority stakeholders now. ]

This is the bit I don't quite understand, some people appear to be seeing this as a magic bullet. These so called smart business people are obviously the same smart individuals that made the decision to originally invest in a company that, given how things have turned out, was severely under capitalised. Where was their business planning and due diligence back then?

I hope they start making better business decisions now that they appear to getting the whip hand by tipping in even more $$'s.

FWIW I hope they succeed and people get their outstanding games and these investors get a good return on their equity for the risk. But I'm guessing they are a long way from being out of the woods yet.

#14887 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

why cant Andrew come in here, (this thread) and bring the updates ? where is he ?

#14888 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

why cant Andrew come in here, (this thread) and bring the updates ? where is he ?

Hopefully resting, and getting some health back.

#14889 6 years ago

Time to move on.

#14890 6 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

This is the bit I don't quite understand, some people appear to be seeing this as a magic bullet. These so called smart business people are obviously the same smart individuals that made the decision to originally invest in a company that, given how things have turned out, was severely under capitalised.

From the limited information out there, the investors where not in control of all the big decisions and you also have to wonder how much or what information they where being fed/how aware they where of how bad things where potentially getting?

After all a lot of people here on pinside thought and felt things where moving along, albeit slowly but still moving along, coming up to full production etc, it wasn't until radio silence and further delays people began to really wonder what's going on.

#14891 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We have noted your request and reasoning for same in the report. With the weekend we likely won't have a decision till Monday/Tuesday - time zones and holidays and what not.

Fair enough, thank you. As I said, not my company, not my problem, I just followed the request. I think the logic makes sense, watching the duplicate questions here just feels silly, but I don't have any strong feelings otherwise.

I certainly am not trying to have anything hidden or buried.

#14892 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Fair enough, thank you. As I said, not my company, not my problem, I just followed the request. I think the logic makes sense, watching the duplicate questions here just feels silly, but I don't have any strong feelings otherwise.
I certainly am not trying to have anything hidden or buried.

pretty sure that standard practice is that an OP (in this case Andrew) can request a thread closed at any time and the mods team does so.

#14893 6 years ago

Not quite sure why we need to close this one. Is the plan to Bankrupt Highway pinball and start new? Are the "new people" taking on the assets and liabilities of Highway or are they ditching the company and taking the assets? Many questions I would want answered at this point if I had money in here.

#14895 6 years ago

Holy sh*t now that is awesome!

Any chance you can reveal why it was binned off?

#14896 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Holy sh*t now that is awesome!
Any chance you can reveal why it was binned off?

I'm guessing in a darkened room, the only thing that would stand out would look like a giant dong across the bottom of the translite

#14897 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

Sitting at the window of the nearby retirement center watching the new management walk into the factory.

#14898 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure that standard practice is that an OP (in this case Andrew) can request a thread closed at any time and the mods team does so.

Again I don't think your right. Dougie correct me if I'm wrong, you started a certain JPOP thread, asked the Mods to close it down and were denied? The Mods I believe have the ability to assess the thread and decide whether or not to close it down based on the benefits or lack thereof to the general Pinside community.

#14899 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is not correct. While we do frequently accept requests to close threads by a thread's OP, the OP is not the owner of a thread. We often reject requests to close threads by the OP, especially when the topic is an issue that impacts the community or the community finds useful.

To pick on my longhorn buddy - as an example - Iceman (as OP) requested the JPop thread closed at one point. His request was rejected and the thread is still open. I can think of a few other examples with big threads like this one where similar requests were denied.

Im trying to think of an example where we have closed a giant thread like this one at an OP's request and I can't think of any off hand.

#14900 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Are the "new people" taking on the assets and liabilities of Highway or are they ditching the company and taking the assets

This is really the main question that needs answering as Bill astutely is asking. I would temper enthusiasm until the new group answers it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/298 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.