DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 601.
#14801 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You need to find better vendors

Unless you buy from on-hand stock... long lead times is common in furniture
If you buy a limited availability car.. or 'pre order' from allotments... long wait times are common .. many months. Buy exotics, and its worse
Construction should be obvious...

Pretty much any 'build to order' vendor will include lots of lead time unless it's something mass produced in regular volumes.

#14802 6 years ago

This isn't a build to order company, they're broke and selling off everything they can. This company has failed to produce the alien pin beyond prototypes, and will not ship another pinball machine in the future. The company(investors) will auction to the highest bidder all production equipment and assets. Then the company will fold and settle with debtors first, then customers. There will not be any money for "refunds". Best of luck.

#14803 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

This isn't a build to order company, they're broke and selling off everything they can. This company has failed to produce the alien pin beyond prototypes, and will not ship another pinball machine in the future. The company(investors) will auction to the highest bidder all production equipment and assets. Then the company will fold and settle with debtors first, then customers. There will not be any money for "refunds". Best of luck.

You don't know this for sure - how can you? Your predicition (stated as fact) is unnecessary right now and adding further damage.

#14804 6 years ago
Quoted from Gadbury:

You don't know this for sure - how can you? Your predicition (stated as fact) is unnecessary right now and adding further damage.

Who is going to import alien pinball machines now that cointaker has cut all ties? Do YOU think heighway can sell THOUSANDS of games under these circumstances?

#14805 6 years ago

IMG_6803 (resized).PNGIMG_6803 (resized).PNG

#14806 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Game is 'done' and 'production has started' - yet games are not flowing (contrast this with prior periods where.. game wasn't done)
Radio Silence vs Regular engagement
Refund Requests being ignored - vs happening, if not slowly, before
Regular Customer Engagement stopping vs semi-decent response prior
Distributors themselves not getting satisfactory updates
Before it was a 'wait and see' - now the time for cranking out games is here, and they aren't. A handful of games have gone out. There is no reason for them NOT to be going out now unless they are INCAPABLE of doing so.. which is where we are at.
And now we wait for 'news' that the company has acknowledged through several avenues is pending and coming...

Fair point.

#14807 6 years ago

The biggest concern I have comes from my experience in the software industry, where acquisitions, buyouts, mezzanine financing, etc. was the rule of the day. Everything is moving forward while Heighway is standing still. That usually means the value of the assets are depreciating. One need only look at the changes in the market over the past 6 months. New JJP game in production and another rumored on the horizon. A couple of new Stern games available (AS and BM66) and SW just announced. New offerings from Spooky and a new manufacturer (AP) that seems to have a potential winner on its hands. All of this eats away at the value of Alien to the point where it risks becoming a small run collector-only offering. That changes the financials dramatically. Where I have seen things get off the tracks is when things drag out, the owners (shareholders BoD, Sr. mgmt, etc) still believe they have an asset worth X but with the movement of the market, it is now only worth 75% of X. It can be tough to overcome the psychological impact of that reality.

I do hope it works out...it really needs to happen soon or they risk the market getting even further away.

#14808 6 years ago

I am not in direct knowledge of anything. These are my opinions, not facts. Takes as you will.

#14809 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Fixed it for you

Isn't it expressly against pinside rules to modify quoted material in any manner whatsoever.

Rob

#14810 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I am not in direct knowledge of anything. These are my options, not facts. Takes as you will.

Good you qualified your statements. It's VERY dangerous and risky otherwise.

#14811 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Good you qualified your statements. It's VERY dangerous and risky otherwise. I was seriously considering pulling my LE deposit specifically because your posts, presented as fact. I'm not now though.

I would absolutely attempt to get your money back. You can always buy again if they pull through. LEs are not sold out. You're not an investor, you're a customer. And my "opinions" are closer to "facts", legally speaking.

#14812 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Good you qualified your statements. It's VERY dangerous and risky otherwise. I was seriously considering pulling my LE deposit specifically because your posts, presented as fact. I'm not now though.

Agreed. It was coming off as fact to me as well.

#14813 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Quoted from Msch:

I am not in direct knowledge of anything. These are my opinions, not facts. Takes as you will.

Maybe try phrasing them as opinions and not facts.

#14814 6 years ago

Yet CT is still selling Full Throttle...

fullt-ct (resized).jpgfullt-ct (resized).jpg

#14815 6 years ago
Quoted from flippersandballs:

I'm trying to think of industries where customers put up thousands of dollars then wait months or years for delivery of a product. There must be others but I can't come up with any.

Have a chat with Elon Musk

#14816 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Probably have a few in stock. When Nitro came to Yegpin, they brought a nib one to sell

#14817 6 years ago

It's a strong rumor, nothing has been signed on the dotted line. One thing for sure is that this is an absolute debacle and heighway cannot produce pinball machines on a large scale.

#14818 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

It's a strong rumor, nothing has been signed on the dotted line. One thing for sure is that this is an absolute debacle and heighway cannot produce pinball machines on a large scale.

curious, where does this strong rumor you are purporting as fact come from?

#14819 6 years ago

I'm trying to think of industries where customers put up thousands of dollars then wait months or years for delivery of a product. There must be others but I can't come up with any.

Check out kickstarter.com

#14820 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Yes...that is the one they cannot give away. Has been in their warehouse for ages.

#14821 6 years ago

I like everyone else with a deposit down would like to see these games make it through the production line and make their way to their respective homes. all this negative talk isn't going to help that happen. It's just going to take Andrew's attention away from where it needs to be remained focus. would be nice to have some type of updates, even minor ones. I'm honestly not expecting my game till next year some time. If it makes it to me before that, great. if not, well then I'll just keep living life.

think I have 1500 down, I would still be very sad not to receive it if something happened to the company. I'd be even sadder seeing another company fail to come through especially with such an awesome game. You couldn't pay me enough to be in his shoes. Can't imagine the pressure the company is under to produce these games.

#14822 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, where does this strong rumor you are purporting as fact come from?

You have the ties to Andrew. Youve been his biggest supporter. Same with Skip B.
Why don't you ask Andrew yourself what's going on, and then post when he responds. I'd bet it'll be weeks before he tells you "production has began again". You know where I live, connect the dots.

#14823 6 years ago

I'm sad that this story seems to be taking a turn for the worse....Andrew seems like a driven, stand-up guy-NOT a scammer. I still don't think he is, but what my imagination is telling me is that maybe-just maybe-there is a production-type problem with this pin. Maybe a victim of it's own success? Maybe HP has sold too many and they're at a loss on how to produce/ship them? I don't know. Communication is the only gripe I have with this company. Giving out little blurbs about some upcoming announcement or the like just will not cut it anymore. People don't want to be teased, they want to be informed. Anyone who has a stake in this (as do I) has a right to know what the progress, or even LACK of progress is. Anything. But not silence and conjecture. That breeds fear and that fear will get people to drop out and request refunds en masse.
I myself still want to support this project and I will....for 1 more month. If nothing happens by 7/1/2017 then I'm out. Maybe when the pin is actively being shipped and delivered I'll rejoin, but maybe not.

#14824 6 years ago

Last thing I'm saying about this. Andrew is a liar. He asked for money, claiming production has started. Where are the games?

#14825 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Last thing I'm saying about this.

Thank you very much.

#14826 6 years ago

Where are the games???

#14827 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Who is going to import alien pinball machines now that cointaker has cut all ties?

Call Cointaker......

#14828 6 years ago

This is the UK government link to the company information, including financials:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382

I can't bring myself to wade through the fine details because I don't have an economic interest.

#14829 6 years ago

Man this situation is synergistically imploding!! More fallout than Fukushima

#14830 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I may as well confirm as much as I can safely do so right now to allay people's fears, since it's already been leaked elsewhere. (You can guess by who. I've no idea how he found out so much.)
Yes, there is a deal in the works. Yes, there is cash infusion coming into the company. Yes, Alien production will be continuing and increasing and talks are already being had as to how best to achieve that.
No, the deal is not quite done, dusted and signed yet. The official announcement will come when it comes. But I've talked to the parties involved and expressed both my confidence and my loyalty to them. It's in my best interests as well to see this through to its successful conclusion, so I'm also one of the individuals with the most to lose, substantially more than just about anybody else here on the thread right now.

This guy (insider) seems to think things are moving forward. Is there any reason not to believe this?

#14831 6 years ago

This guy is the designer of Full Throttle and co-designer of Aliens so I'd listen to what he says.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

This guy (insider) seems to think things are moving forward. Is there any reason not to believe this?

#14832 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This guy is the designer of Full Throttle and co-designer of Aliens so I'd listen to what he says.

I know , just wondering why some seem to be ignoring that post.

#14833 6 years ago

iawl p (resized).jpgiawl p (resized).jpg

#14834 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

You have the ties to Andrew. Youve been his biggest supporter. Same with Skip B.
Why don't you ask Andrew yourself what's going on, and then post when he responds. I'd bet it'll be weeks before he tells you "production has began again". You know where I live, connect the dots.

I have ZERO ties to Andrew. i guess that is more rumors floating around in your head that come out reading as facts?
I have been a big supporter of pretty much every new pinball manufacturer. PAy attention and catch up junior, I like pinball... big surprise I guess, lol.

I don't need to contact Andrew. reality is that both he and the designer have been here to tell us things are happening and hold tight and I have no reason to think otherwise, nor will me doing ANYTHING change something for the better by wasting his time.

I damn well won't sit here like you are and make up facts (also putting yourself in a legally reckless position if someone wanted to come after you and it turns out your "facts" do more damage which it clearly is seen as your intent)

I am not sure where we are supposed to go with your insinuation that you living in MI gives you some sort of magic understanding of any reality. Please clarify what you are getting at because your hidden insinuation tries to paint it like some of the more prominent MI pinheads are to blame formthese rumors. might as well just clearly state your claims now.

#14835 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have ZERO ties to Andrew. i guess that is more rumors floating around in your head that come out reading as facts?
I have been a big supporter of pretty much every new pinball manufacturer. PAy attention and catch up junior, I like pinball... big surprise I guess, lol.
I don't need to contact Andrew. reality is that both he and the designer have been here to tell us things are happening and hold tight and I have no reason to think otherwise, nor will me doing ANYTHING change something for the better by wasting his time.
I damn well won't sit here like you are and make up facts (also putting yourself in a legally reckless position if someone wanted to come after you and it turns out your "facts" do more damage which it clearly is seen as your intent)
I am not sure where we are supposed to go with your insinuation that you living in MI gives you some sort of magic understanding of any reality. Please clarify what you are getting at because your hidden insinuation tries to paint it like some of the more prominent MI pinheads are to blame formthese rumors. might as well just clearly state your claims now.

thKUTS2W31 (resized).jpgthKUTS2W31 (resized).jpg

#14837 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

When was his last paycheck?

#14838 6 years ago

Um, like Frank said, Dave, the designer?

#14839 6 years ago

I'm sure you meant well, but why does being edited by someone not me bother me?

because it breaks pinside rules?

#14840 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

because it breaks pinside rules?

And it's rude. We talked it out in pm so hopefully that's settled.

#14841 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Then stop stating things in the affirmative as if they were factual.

#14842 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Funny... before you were practically boasting how you were giving them all this help by relaying your operator feedback, providing them audit dumps, your play videos helping... and got to the front of the line in the first place?

#14843 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I know squat about this so you may be 100% correct, things certainly don't look good from the outside and lots of rumors (both scary and hopeful) have been going around. But why in the world would you state your opinions as if they were indisputable facts? Does it make you feel important to imply you have inside knowledge, or are you just being reckless?

These are troubling times for Heighway and its customers and I would think some caution is in order. You'll feel like a real ass if you end up steering people wrong, and/or muddy the waters so much with your unsupported statements that people don't heed future warnings that have some basis in fact.

#14844 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I know squat about this so you may be 100% correct, things certainly don't look good from the outside and lots of rumors (both scary and hopeful) have been going around. But why in the world would you state your opinions as if they were indisputable facts? Does it make you feel important to imply you have inside knowledge, or are you just being reckless?
These are troubling times for Heighway and its customers and I would think some caution is in order. You'll feel like a real ass if you end up steering people wrong, and/or muddy the waters so much with your unsupported statements that people don't heed future warnings that have some basis in fact.

Oh I don't know about that maybe ask Whysnow

#14845 6 years ago

I'm going to ask the mods to please lock this thread, it's time to move on.

You'll want to take your discussion here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball

#14846 6 years ago

Whyisnow please for the love of God don't become the no.1 cheerleader for JJP or American Pinball!!

#14847 6 years ago

Wow looks like great news for Heighway customers, fresh start hopefully for all those invested with either a Full Throttle and/or a Alien pre order. Happy you guys look like your going to be getting your games soon.

#14848 6 years ago

"Hello to all pinball enthusiasts out there, we are active investors in Heighway Pinball Ltd.
There has been a lot of talk, and also silence, over the last few weeks. For this we are sorry but we have not been legally able to reach out to you before now.
We are now happy to announce that we have reached an agreement on how to take over the business and move it forward.
We are all pinball enthusiasts and professional business owners. We are fully committed to making your games and we have the plan and finance in place to make this happen.
We have drawn up a detailed strategy to invest money into the company, both to ensure that machines are built to the highest quality and also to ensure that healthy numbers are shipped as quickly as possible.
The company will have new management, new leadership and new funding to make sure that everyone, who has money at stake, will get their ordered pinball machines.
The budget and business plan for how to make this a success has been carefully drawn up and is about to be put in place.
The transaction is now in progress and legal papers are being drawn up as you read this. We hope you all will bear with us for the next couple of weeks as we get everything in place.
We have had positive talks with our major distributors around the world and we thank them all for their patience and for believing in us.
Together with our suppliers, distributors and you pinball enthusiasts, we can make this happen. Alien is a great game and there are more to follow.
We will keep you updated and communication channels will be opened as soon as we are settled in.
Thank you for your understanding and patience in advance. We understand your frustrations and concerns. All of us investors are in the same boat as you, waiting for their games to be shipped and, after much time spent at the factory, we have taken matters into our own hands to ensure that Heighway Pinball can survive and prosper.
Regards
Investor Group - Heighway Pinball Ltd"

#14849 6 years ago

Edit, post deleted nwpinball beat me to it

#14850 6 years ago

Cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/297?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.