• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 494.
#14701 2 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Really? Im not the one that keeps bringing it up SW. Found the SW site, finally, SW is very disappointing. Lets get back to more important things... is that monitor commercial grade, how about those silver screws....

Yeah, the backbox LCD is a commercial grade unit, if you search this thread there are a couple of posts directly from Heighway confirming it.

As for the silver screws are you referring to all the cabinet bolts? If so someone has powder coated theirs and they look great.

#14702 2 years ago

430 pm on a Thursday afternoon in Wales..
Andrew had morning coffee, were past High Tea, the day is coming to an end at factory.
Andrew, time to sit down at computer and answer some emails. Ship some Full Throttle parts to guys that really need them.
Or, higher someone to do these jobs!

#14703 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

430 pm on a Thursday afternoon in Wales..
Andrew had morning coffee, were past High Tea, the day is coming to an end at factory.
Andrew, time to sit down at computer and answer some emails. Ship some Full Throttle parts to guys that really need them.
Or, higher someone to do these jobs!

Don't forget the Alien parts!

#14704 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Don't forget the Alien parts!

Yup still waiting on my Xeno head and switches still havent shipped, however Helmut does respond to emails which is good.

#14705 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup still waiting on my Xeno head and switches still havent shipped, however Helmut does respond to emails which is good.

I'm going on month three of waiting on switches, mechs, led strips.....good luck.

#14706 2 years ago

We just need to see who the new investors are....

#14707 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Back channel deal with Russian oligarchs??...pinball is uuuuuuuge in Russia.

#14708 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Don't think it's new investors.

#14709 2 years ago

As long as it means I'm getting my game I don't care what the news is.

#14710 2 years ago

I'm going to guess they have found someone else to build the machines, a contract manufacturer, and Heighway will concentrate on design and development, maybe at a smaller factory. Complete guess and probably way off.

#14711 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Lack of communication is unacceptable. There are reasons why this hasn't been happening, but it is unacceptable nonetheless.
Much better customer services is a must, moving forwards.

So what's the good news everybody's going to like? Still awaiting news from Heighway Pinball on the return of my 2nd payment to reduce my commitment on Aliens to $1,500.

waiting8.gif
waiting7.gif

#14712 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

return of my 2nd payment

#14713 2 years ago

Initial payment payment was $1,500 downpayment. 2nd payment of balance due was made in October 2016 when Andrew claimed the games were in production and ramping up ... send money soon. I am requesting a return of my second payment until my game has been made. I am waiting the upcoming announcement to decide what to do with the downpayment and hope to stay in.

waiting15.gif
waiting14.gif
waiting12.gif
waiting13.gif

Quoted from pincil8:

What number did you use?

I emailed Heighway, contacted my credit card company, posted on this thread and tried calling directly without success (got a change of phone number message when I tried calling). Doesn't seem like anyone is home. What number can they be reached and what's the secret password for the back channel?

#14714 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Back channel deal with Russian oligarchs??...pinball is uuuuuuuge in Russia.

I'll take it.

#14715 2 years ago

What number can they be reached and what's the secret password for the back channel?

PMs sent.

#14716 2 years ago

If I paid with PayPal, is it guaranteed to be paid back?

My paypal dispute says waiting on heighway reply.

Or am I screwed?

#14717 2 years ago

Still excited about my machine! Take as long as you need. Work out those kinks!

#14718 2 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

If I paid with PayPal, is it guaranteed to be paid back?
My paypal dispute says waiting on heighway reply.
Or am I screwed?

Aww man...don't tell you picked DI over Alien?

#14719 2 years ago
Quoted from pincil8:

What number did you use?

try the one listed on the Heighway website

Tel: +44 (0)1685 370190

#14720 2 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Does not work.

#14721 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Aww man...don't tell you picked DI over Alien?

I am trying to bail. I am hearing too much "no replies" "can't get parts" and figured it was time to jump. Or at least try to.

#14722 2 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I am trying to bail. I am hearing too much "no replies" "can't get parts" and figured it was time to jump. Or at least try to.

I don't know anything concrete but I was reached out to by Heighway staff today and told things will be okay, and my issues with my machine are being dealt with asap. I went from panic mode to simply not happy but less worried mode. Certainly don't feel good about the whole situation as it sits, but I will still say the game is very fun and very good. Which makes it hard to not root for. I'm sure that doesn't elect a ton of concern, but it was the best news I've gotten from them in weeks.

#14723 2 years ago

I sent an email to Andrew last Friday asking for some info as a paid in full customer for 2 and half years now and if I don't hear anything by tomorow then I'm going to start the procedure for a refund and jump back on board once things are hopefully moving in a positive way, for a company and the owner at that to not respond is just shit, I'm sorry but its gotten stupid now, where is this announcement and how about letting us in on what the plan is here? just nothing is really bad business. Its the best theme currently or for me ever in pinball and this is a damn shame.

#14725 2 years ago
Quoted from woz:

That number has been changed, but not updated on their website. Their new # is 011441495305634 That's the digits I enter on my AT&T cell phone and it goes right thru to Heighway. If someone dial's the old number
(correctly) you'll get a 'number has changed' message, just like anywhere else. All you gotta do is write it down.

#14726 2 years ago

If you keep saying "next month", "2 weeks", or "soon", you soon lose credibility, even if you think this time it is sincere.

Quoted from sed6:

That number has been changed, but not updated on their website.

The pictures on the website haven't changed either, but you can still click to order. The phone number and pictures take minutes to correct.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

I don't know anything concrete but I was reached out to by Heighway staff today and told things will be okay, and my issues with my machine are being dealt with asap. I went from panic mode to simply not happy but less worried mode.

I did too, but they can not reveal any details. Other than what you stated. I am trying to hang in there also.

#14727 2 years ago

Alien thread challenge: good luck! If your name don't begin with the letters A-N-D-R-E-.... DON'T POST NOTHING! Startinnnnnnng NOW

#14728 2 years ago

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed below are mine only, and have no affiliation with Pinside, Heighway, or most sane, sober people.

WHY IS HEIGHWAY SILENT NOW???

There are two logical explanations why Andrew would go radio silent. The conspiracist theory is that he's done - zero cash left to buy parts or labor - and with no good news at all....well...just sit quietly and let the chips fall where they may.

While Heighway may be in a cash crunch, I don't think that is what's happing - and for a couple reasons. First, I'm hearing lots of rumors about a corporate restructuring/buyout. Second, after meeting the man, I don't think Andrew is the type to just sit back and let everything fall apart. Do I think he's the best/smartest businessman out there? ...well no. But I didn't get the impression he was the type to take the easy way out when times gets tough.

So the second logical explanation for the silence is that there really is some type of deal being worked. ...and perhaps he doesn't want to run on about it on the forums before anything is final.

Like Tsskinne, I got a very encouraging PM from...a Heighway employee today. I really do suspect some type of deal is in the works, and my fingers are crossed it turns out positive for all of us.

....and sorry Dee-Bow, I'd already typed too much when you posted the challenge (I'm old and slow).

#14729 2 years ago

Well, my fingers are crossed there's a deal in the works. Lots of grumblings here about a takeover and one hint about things occurring closer than expected (within US)? My guess is AP bought them and will begin manufacturing Aliens immediately on a second line next to Houdini.

ps - the opinions expressed are just my hunch to feed on until Andrew comes out!

#14730 2 years ago

Just my hunch until Andrew comes out!

#14731 2 years ago

All I can say to everyone looking for a refund is get in line. And I'll state what I've said to Andrew.

I've been waiting weeks for a refund response. I'm sure there are others who have been waiting months. Now every time on come on this alien thread, there's a whole new bunch of people chirping about wanting refunds.

It's not encouraging at all.

Whatever your upcoming announcement is, it better clearly address Heighway's specific plans to process refunds, and how quickly customers will be paid back. My patience is running thin & my support of your company is fleeting. The lack of communication for months is just completely inexcusable. This is not how a reputable company runs a business.

So I don't care what the upcoming announcement is.....All I want to hear is that you're sending my fully-paid refund yesterday.

#14732 2 years ago

So just to be clear...the people who are asking for a refund (now...after more than 2 years); you don't care at all what the big announcement is? Even if it means a massive cash infusion from an investor? Or a complete buyout by another manufacturer?

It just seems like if you're going to bail you would at least wait to hear the announcement and then make your decision.

I get the feeling Alien will get produced one way another. Just to much interest and an already proven (and approved) design.

#14733 2 years ago

Since everyone is pulling theories out of their butts I'm going to say that Heighway hired a gaggle of oompa loompas to help build machines. I'm hoping the goodie bag has everlasting gobstoppers in it!

#14734 2 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Since everyone is pulling theories out of their butts I'm going to say that Heighway hired a gaggle of oompa loompas to help build machines. I'm hoping the goodie bag has everlasting gobstoppers in it!

Cute that you think there are goodie bags

#14735 2 years ago

First Dutch and now Heighway? This is getting old. Giving a bad name to pinball and will make it next to impossible for any other startups to succeed.

#14736 2 years ago

Well is it really any surprise?

I agree that somehow Alien gets produced because its a great theme and pin but its not gonna be by Heighway pinball I don't think.

At least we will know one way or the other soon enough.

#14737 2 years ago

Its time for the small guys to band together.
Highway, American Pinball, Jersey Jack, and dare i say Dutch pinball. Maybe even spooky.
They should get together and form super pin company!

#14738 2 years ago

They all use different software, cabinets, mechanics, wiring, development and marketing strategies. How would that even work?

#14739 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

They all use different software, cabinets, mechanics, wiring, development and marketing strategies. How would that even work?

That is why I don't see how the F Alien is going to really get finished BUT then again, I'm an optimist until the bitter end.

#14740 2 years ago

has production stopped at the factory ?

any machines getting delivered, at moment.

#14741 2 years ago

Highway, American Pinball, Jersey Jack, and dare i say Dutch pinball. Maybe even spooky.

Congrats on the Worst idea of the day!

#14742 2 years ago

I don't agree that it's possible, but I understand what you mean and appreciate the enthusiasm.

#14743 2 years ago

Yes, in a comic book or even WWE, I'd say that's a great idea. And as a diehard, 30yr WWE fan but also someone with common sense, if we could quickly jump back to reality, that ain't happening.

I feel for the Alien buyers. Check my posting history, I'm as big a Full Throttle/heighway guy as there is. No lie, I've put triple-digit dollars into my local FullT unapologetically. Over the last year I've dumped a decent amount into my collection and Alien was 10000% on my radar. I just never ended up seeing the planets aligning where that made the most sense given the manufacturing schedules and some of the deals out there.

But I can also see that the company's recent radio silence is quite alarming. In these types of situations, there should be a "cooler heads" mentality... until there is no hope, at which point, get the pitchforks nice and sharp. I realize you guys have boat loads of money spent here and see a DP situation on the horizon. But tomorrow is Friday. Hopefully there is something out tomorrow and it rights this ship, hopefully in a way where all buyers are happy and those who still want out are refunded. Perhaps even give the official notice until Monday. If Heighway doesn't have a definitive (non-PR B.S.) answer as to the lack of communication and clear direction of the company by Tuesday, I'd say F-it, this company is now at DP levels and do whatever you have to get your money back or your game sitting 2 steps away from the final QC check shipped.

GL to all those in effect.

#14744 2 years ago

News or no news, I'll take an Alien play field kit...and by kit, I mean you can send me all the un-assembled parts if that's what it takes!

#14745 2 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

First Dutch and now Heighway? This is getting old. Giving a bad name to pinball and will make it next to impossible for any other startups to succeed.

Umm, you left out Skit b, and Jpop. Those two intended to commit fraud though. This pre-order business is just nuts...

#14746 2 years ago

Damn speculators...

#14747 2 years ago

I'm quickly moving into the "I don't give a shit anymore mode".

#14748 2 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Tell me about it - the flak I cop daily due to the woes of other companies wouldn't be believed!

Wait for my book and the 'tell all' - LOL

#14749 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Tell me about it - the flak I cop daily due to the woes of other companies wouldn't be believed!
Wait for my book and the 'tell all' - LOL

#14750 2 years ago

Tilt the book coming this Christmas great stocking stuffer. First 50 orders get a free key fob of a game that never happened.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside