pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 601.
#14551 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Andrew, you took the bad news announcement from earlier this week and pushed it away by keeping the communication open and continuing to post information and progress on the game.

Just shows that Pinside is not a negative cesspool. There is a reason why pinside can turn on a company and you are showing the right way to handle things.

I posted the above 2 years ago when Dennis Nordman publicly quit Alien. That had the potential of being a huge epic clusterF. For the most part, the past 2 years Andrew has been posting regular updates in this thread, even if it was explaining why something didn't happen when it was supposed to.

Things have kicked up in the past couple of months, but I'd say that is because the narrative was being written by others and no response from Andrew, so silly things like the Porsche blow up.

Maybe Andrew is between a rock and a hard place, but history has shown radio silence on Pinside doesn't help, and we know first hand it can be managed positively as well.

#14552 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Remember this part?

Tell me what part of that excuses ignoring customer concerns for close to a month.

#14553 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Tell me what part of that excuses ignoring customer concerns for close to a month.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We apologise for this lack of communication but everything will become clear shortly.

Indeed, that's one of the things we are waiting to see.

#14554 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

I have the game, well currently it's at my mates hoping it's gonna land here today, I have played it , it's epic...

Congrats on getting your game. Looks great!

#14555 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

People chill out , how many have you been to wales?? Nothing moves quick there apart from the sheep.
I was in on Alien the second there was a sniff of an alien licence, I contacted Andy and was down for one and my game only just appeared two days ago , so much stuff has been going on and just wait for what has to be said to be said ... clearly whatever that might be can't be said otherwise it would . Andy isn't just sitting there holding anything back for the fun of it, just chill.
Hey I was bummed by Skit - B for the full amount so understand the worries , but I have the game, well currently it's at my mates hoping it's gonna land here today, I have played it , it's epic... and guys just give the team and Andy a bit of a break. Also it's bank holiday here so don't expect anything for a few days.

Damn that looks cool...I hope these are in stock and available soon...

#14556 6 years ago

Sounds like good news is coming soon. Personally, as long as I get my LE at some point I'm good.

#14557 6 years ago

Here is where I'm at. I'm excited to hear the announcement. That being said talk will not be enough an neither will be promises.

I've now got a deadline...September 1st. One of two things has to happen by then. My game hits the line (with pics) or it becomes very clear that production has ramped up too at least 50 games a month by then.

One of those happens I'm still in...neither and I'm out.

That's three more months to ramp up. And, of course, I'm only speaking for myself. You're tolerance may be much greater.

#14558 6 years ago

A good while ago I replied to Heighway with a question about sending in the next installment...never heard back. I still have the initial deposit in so I'll see how it all plays out at this point. Interested to hear what this announcement will be.

#14559 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

What could you possibly need..?
How can Andrew hold your hand today?
Even if paid in full....what do you need?
If its a refund , well you will get it.
If refund never comes in a couple months, then ok, complain about communication then.
But why would you want a refund?
Your game is being made!
Took 2 years and a boat load of parts and licensed partnerships...so you know how hard that is?

#14560 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

People chill out , how many have you been to wales?? Nothing moves quick there apart from the sheep.
I was in on Alien the second there was a sniff of an alien licence, I contacted Andy and was down for one and my game only just appeared two days ago , so much stuff has been going on and just wait for what has to be said to be said ... clearly whatever that might be can't be said otherwise it would . Andy isn't just sitting there holding anything back for the fun of it, just chill.
Hey I was bummed by Skit - B for the full amount so understand the worries , but I have the game, well currently it's at my mates hoping it's gonna land here today, I have played it , it's epic... and guys just give the team and Andy a bit of a break. Also it's bank holiday here so don't expect anything for a few days.

What he said, patience people, its awesome

#14561 6 years ago

This thread has gone from interesting, to comical, to pathetic. Andrew should not respond to ignorance. It doesnt matter if you ride a bike to work, someone is going to criticize that too.

#14562 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

if you ride a bike to work

That was just hearsay...

#14563 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

glad you passed it on to the entire interweb to stir things up then

Sure thing, got an answer from Andrew clearing it up, to his credit.

It does as much to put down the naysayers and detractors at the same time to address ALL the hearsay and innuendo.

Games go out, nobody cares.

Been down the road too many times now. You want to bury your head in the sand, feel free.

#14564 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You want to bury your head in the sand, feel free.

Point is, "hearsay"? Posting some really personal info loaded with innuendo? Put yourself on the other end of that before you go off with a couple dozen machismo laden posts. "Word has it xxxxx embezzled a bunch of money from his business and was caught with a dead hooker in his hotel room." Oh, WOOOPS, just hearsay....posted on the web, forever, with someone's real name. No biggie. Think before you post.

Big difference between "head in the sand" and actively passing on false information and character assassination. That's low class.

#14565 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Point is, "hearsay"? Posting some really personal info loaded with innuendo? Put yourself on the other end of that before you go off with a couple dozen machismo laden posts. "Word has it xxxxx embezzled a bunch of money from his business and was caught with a dead hooker in his hotel room." Oh, WOOOPS, just hearsay....posted on the web, forever, with someone's real name. No biggie. Think before you post.
Big difference between "head in the sand" and actively passing on false information and character assassination. That's low class.

What a crock of BS.

I'm not gonna let some comment, which Pinside is all about heresay and innuendo, deflect from the reality of the situation.

I said he was smart to clear it up and he did but truthfully i don't give a F about a car.

It's everything else, get it?

Now, he said have a little more "patience", so that is the ONLY choice because nobody is getting refunds and games are just trickling out due to a LACK OF FUNDS.

That ^^^^^^ is my opinion and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's been going on for quite some time.

#14566 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That ^^^^^^ is my opinion and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's been going on for quite some time.

That's 100%(maybe 95%) accurate based on the information we have. That's also very different than posting some horseshit about a luxury car that you have no clue about with the ONLY intent to stir shit up and attack someone's character. We'll agree to disagree about that bit.

I think there's a middle ground between going hysterically negative for 2 days straight and putting your head in the sand. Being constructively critical and asking questions seems fair, just passing along every unfiltered theory that pops in your gourd may not be the best idea. This is still America and you can do what you want though.

Anyway, it's a pinball game a bunch of rich guys ordered, we're not cracking the codes to North Korea's nukes. Hopefully things work out on both those fronts.

#14567 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's 100%(maybe 95%) accurate based on the information we have. That's also very different than posting some horseshit about a luxury car that you have no clue about with the ONLY intent to stir shit up and attack someone's character. We'll agree to disagree about that bit.
I think there's a middle ground between going hysterically negative for 2 days straight and putting your head in the sand. Being constructively critical and asking questions seems fair, just passing along every unfiltered theory that pops in your gourd may not be the best idea. This is still America and you can do what you want though.
Anyway, it's a pinball game a bunch of rich guys ordered, we're not cracking the codes to North Korea's nukes. Hopefully things work out on both those fronts.

My INTENT, was to get some communication going and find out what the FACTS are:

1) Poor Customer Service, factual
2) People fighting to get a refund, factual
3) Delay after delay, lie after lie by Andrew, factual

Andrew has the ability to fix things and there are ZERO excuses, its all on him to deliver the pinball machines that he took our $$$ for.

The result is we now have some communication after total radio silence.

Patience is the only option now so i hope we get good news.

The DP and JPOP situation went way too long before any help could fix things. Ask for the help, people are very forgiving if you are up front and honest about your situation.

#14568 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What could you possibly need..?
How can Andrew hold your hand today?
Even if paid in full....what do you need?
If its a refund , well you will get it.
If refund never comes in a couple months, then ok, complain about communication then.
But why would you want a refund?
Your game is being made!
Took 2 years and a boat load of parts and licensed partnerships...so you know how hard that is?

Does it really matter what i want or need?
The point of the comment is that successful companies answer customers. I am sure Andrew is working hard , but i assume that. They could hire a high school kid to handle this. Many others saying the same and having trouble getting things for FT.

I'm buying into the whole thing with future games, support etc. It does no one any good if i am unhappy and stay silent. Handle your deal whatever way you want to.

If one email since Nov 16 is holding my hand , then indeed i am guilty. i need a cuddle too. Wanna hug it out?

#14569 6 years ago

Noted. Happy Memorial Day. Let's remember the guys that sacrificed so much so we can piss and moan about not getting our $8000 toys fast enough!

#14570 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Noted. Happy Memorial Day. Let's remember the guys that sacrificed so much so we can piss and moan about not getting our $8000 toys fast enough!

Amen to that brother!

Happy Memorial Day to everybody and its good to put life in perspective with what his day is all about. We shouldn't be fighting with each other anyhow.

#14571 6 years ago

Thanks for all the gameplay videos. Does anyone have one in a dark room with full volume up? I want to get full sense of the "mood" of the game if possible. Thanks.

#14572 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks for all you do. Your efforts here have not gone unnoticed. Now try practicing what you preach.

We can go on with negative speculations, spreading hearsay, and running reputations into the ground but I think that's already been well accomplished here. How about we let the good news unfold and take its course and then go from there?

Andrew and others have given us a positive vibe, seems fruitless to pickup where we were before he chimed in, or is that what we want on a Holiday weekend?

#14573 6 years ago

The big announcement is going to show off shiny new ramps.

Boy, turns out that was a reasonable question compared to shitshow over the last 3 pages.

#14574 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My INTENT, was to get some communication going and find out what the FACTS are:
1) Poor Customer Service, factual
2) People fighting to get a refund, factual
3) Delay after delay, lie after lie by Andrew, factual
Andrew has the ability to fix things and there are ZERO excuses, its all on him to deliver the pinball machines that he took our $$$ for.
The result is we now have some communication after total radio silence.
The DP and JPOP situation went way too long before any help could fix things. Ask for the help, people are very forgiving if you are up front and honest about your situation.

Any credible (or noncredible) sources want to share what we might expect to hear in a day or two? I am a concerned paid-in-fool LE customer who does not appreciate having to read a pinball thread every day to weigh events and decide whether to stay invested while Heighway Pinball isn't communicating issues with their own customers. With few deliveries to early buyers (many of whom should be on Pinside), missed deadlines without explanation, some lies by and radio silence since from Heighway, unfilled requests for refunds, hints of espionage, this game is starting to OFFER IT ALL.

WTF is going on Andrew? As of today I'd like my game or my money! I don't mind keeping my deposit with you a little longer, but Heighway Pinball asking for balance of my payment while implying manufacturing was imminent, was over the line. I'd like that amount returned, while awaiting your public explanation of what has transpired the past six months soon, no later than 05/31, Wed midnight. Until then I am left with a vivid imagination and idle time to ponder the possibilities. Ok let's see what could be learned in a few days ....

1) there has been an embargo by vendors preventing delivery of parts and it has been resolved 2) Heighway's bad company credit is causing them to pay up front costs for everything and that money is now gone. 3) some significant part of game is planned for extinction for technical reasons (probably led ramps) 4) there is an unexpected price increase of $500 due now because of currency fluctuations 5) a new $250k line of credit was extended by a bank and now things will be moving quickly 6) abandonment of manufacturing faculty and announcement that game will be made in US on contract basis 7) a buyer has stepped up to purchase because it is so profitable and will require three months to close Heighway Pinball LTD and move assests between companies.license needed to be renewed since first 3 year period has expired. Now resolved it's full steam ahead.

I don't pretend to present any facts, just theories trying to assess things and I am crossing my fingers I wasn't taken for a van ride around the block, dragged thru a construction site and shoved down the port-a potty hole before being unceremonious dumped on.

IMG_0060.JPGIMG_0060.JPG

My suggestion to Andrew is provide a statement with answers now and the rest of details can follow in a few days, but now is the time to grab the bull by his horns and to identify the problems, provide answers, have a good cry and take the medicine.

#14575 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Any credible (or noncredible) sources want to share what we might hear in a day or two? I am a concerned paid in fool (<- not an error) LE customer who does not appreciate having to read a pinball thread every day to weigh things and decide whether to stay in. With little evidence of deliveries to early buyers (many of whom should be on Pinside), missed deadlines with explanation, some lies and then radio silence from Heighway, unfilled requests for refunds, hints of espionage, this game is really starting to OFFER IT ALL.
WTF is going on Andrew? As of today I'd like my game or my money! As I await your response, I am left with a vivid imagination and idle time to ponder the possibilities. A short and direct response to what has been going on can stop the speculation. Ok let's see what could be learned in a few days ....
1) there has been a parts embargo by vendors preventing delivery of parts and it has been resolved 2) Heighway's bad company credit is causing them to pay up front costs for everything and that money is now gone 3) some significant part of game is planned for extinction for technical reasons (probably led ramps) 4) there is an unexpected price increase of $500 due to currency fluctuations 5) a new $250k line of credit is established to get things moving quickly 6) abandonment of Dutch manufacturing faculty and announcement that game will be made in US on contract 7) an appeal for patience and three months will be needed to set up manufacturing again.
I don't pretend to know anything, just trying to assess things and crossing my fingers I haven't been a fool that is taken for a ride around the block and dumped in an abandoned lot undergoing construction.

Obviously what most of us are hoping to hear is that a "white knight" has stepped in with a considerable cash infusion to get workers hired and games flying down the line...

#14576 6 years ago

Yes Jeff, I asked for a Weekly state of affairs update a while back

During the Jpop fiasco Frolic and I both were criticized for speaking out against the greatness that was Jpop initially after all the delays and lies

"You have to treat JOHN with kid gloves or he won't respond or talk to you"

Sorry but been down that road before

What JOHN did was continue to take deposits, lying about the status of everything, simply to continue to fund his lifestyle

I'm not implying Heighway is anywhere near that. We will find out soon with a "little more patience "

But if you guys want to direct your anger at me instead of holding Andrew accountable, go ahead, I don't care

There is a lot of every man for himself on Pinside. Also a lot of great people willing to help

In other words, please don't rock the boat because Andrew said I'm about to get MY game, and once I get mine THEN I don't care wtf happens

Yet, even after the fact so many are experiencing issues with their pins

Looking forward to a big update and investor for Andrew so EVERYBODY can win here

#14577 6 years ago

Not sure how long it's been this way but Cointaker has removed the option to purchase an Alien:

http://cointaker.com/t/aliens

#14578 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not sure how long it's been this way but Cointaker has removed the option to purchase an Alien:

Oh man, that is big.

#14579 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

All I can say is as a customer who purchased from Cointaker they haven't responded to or helped with any of my requests for over a month now since they requested pictures of something specific from my game so not surprised they have stopped selling.

#14580 6 years ago

It does not take a genius to figure out that Andrew needs a financial partner/infusion to continue.

If there are enough financial assets and sales nrs on the books he should be able to secure a short term loan or maybe investor.

Timing needs to be right , longer he waits to get financing, the more orders he will loose and upset everyone with orders in place and request refunds( no money there the refund anyway , all tight up)

Preordering games is high risk and always has been, like riding stock market. If you can't afford to loose that kind of money don't do it.

Andrew please show more clarity in your communication, all will be revealed answers will just infuriate people.

How many Aliens were ordered/sold?

From there people can do the math since we all know math, at least some of us

Hope you succeed mate!

#14581 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

They were for sale on their website this past Thursday or Friday. I was sulking a bit to myself because the price on them had jumped to $7,999. More than I'm willing to pay.

#14582 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sure thing, got an answer from Andrew clearing it up, to his credit.
It does as much to put down the naysayers and detractors at the same time to address ALL the hearsay and innuendo.
Games go out, nobody cares.
Been down the road too many times now. You want to bury your head in the sand, feel free.

If you have been down that road many times, its time to look in the mirror, instead of stirring the pot when games are being made and shipped.

#14583 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

o_____o ....

Oh wow.

I would love to see how someone can manage to spin that one into a positive light.

#14584 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you have been down that road many times, its time to look in the mirror, instead of stirring the pot when games are being made and shipped.

Exactly wrong, seeking the truth and answers after all this time is exactly what is needed. Has ZERO to do with stirring the pot.

Meanwhile, has anybody seen POTC, seems to be getting decent audience reviews?

#14585 6 years ago

Would it help to start a Gofundme
For Andrew ? Just thinking.

How much you need Andrew ?

Just put some gifts( swag) in return
Or spare parts for Alien;

#14586 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Meanwhile, has anybody seen POTC, seems to be getting decent audience reviews?

Going tonight....but not expecting much (so it should be okay).

#14587 6 years ago

All I know is I am still going to pursue a refund no matter the "news". If, and imho that is a BIG if, the news is positive *AND* actually makes sense to me then I will buy one down the road from Cointaker(or whoever) has one in stock.

The most negative thing to me is the apparent behind the scenes communications going on. Why some people are totally ignored after they send anywhere from $1000 to $8700(sorry Ant... ) and other people seem to know exactly WTF is going on is appalling as a paying customer. I do not want to have to come to Pinside to practically beg for information. I do not like the game of "good news coming soon... stay tuned!". I do not want to be lectured by people who either have been lucky and been included with the behind the scenes or people who have no "skin in the game".

I sent a $1000 deposit to a company who is(or was) making a pinball machine I was interested in. I expect to get common courtesy responses to questions I send when timelines that were said by the company owner are not met.

It really is that simple. All this drama here is entertaining at best. Not sure where in life you guys are used to paying $1000 or effing $8700 and not getting what you paid for or at least apologies for screw ups encountered along the way.

Sorry for the rant, but after a couple beers it gets even more clear just WTH is going on here.

Good luck everyone(including Heighway Pinball). Draining this thread now and I will just use PayPal to communicate with Heighway so my refund is processed... hopefully...

#14588 6 years ago

I opted out of Alien just before last Christmas for my own reasons. The fact Andrew has had to post on here in defence of the car he's driving is a disgrace. What is this community coming to...

#14589 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My personal opinion only. Cointaker rarely posts here so their post about 5 games promised by Andrew to ship and then the update that they have... no update... speaks volumes to me. Maybe I'm reading in-between the lines at this point but even Aurich's silence... speaks volumes to me.

Does the programer or audio engineer even have permanent production games? Wouldn't the first production games go to them so they could finish their work?

#14590 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It does not take a genius to figure out that Andrew needs a financial partner/infusion to continue.
If there are enough financial assets and sales nrs on the books he should be able to secure a short term loan or maybe investor.
Timing needs to be right , longer he waits to get financing, the more orders he will loose and upset everyone with orders in place and request refunds( no money there the refund anyway , all tight up)
Preordering games is high risk and always has been, like riding stock market. If you can't afford to loose that kind of money don't do it.
Andrew please show more clarity in your communication, all will be revealed answers will just infuriate people.
How many Aliens were ordered/sold?
From there people can do the math since we all know math, at least some of us
Hope you succeed mate!

Sorry for using this quote as an example....I am NOT singling you out here, just trying to make a point.

As hard a pill as it might be to swallow, we the buyers really have no say in Andrew's company, and we have no right to demand or dictate anything. Yes, we all sent in money that he is either holding or has spent, but that still does not give us any rights other than the rights of any consumer with any other company, and that is to either keep our money into the game or to file for a refund. Even if you do not get your refund and you have to fight for it, you still have NO rights to information or to how the company is run unless dictated by a court of law. We don't do it in any other industry, and I can't for the life of me figure out why folks think pinball is different. For some reason, we all automatically think we are all major stockholders because we put in a deposit. Andrew has a company, and he advertised a product. We all sent money for that product (knowing the risk), and we should be receiving a product for that money. If you are mad at the lack of communication, lack of production, or all of the "lies", then file for a refund and go through the proper channels. If you are staying in the game, then you have no choice but to go along for the ride. All of the second-guessing and demands do nothing but stir up a bunch of crap. It changes nothing, and Andrew still does what he thinks is correct. I am as frustrated as everyone here, but we do not run this company, and we are all jumping to stupid conclusions. The Porsche story is a prime example.....I am glad Andrew put it to rest, but because someone mentioned something, it became a fact and sent folks into orbit. Again, I am not suggesting we should not protect ourselves and our investment......but that DOES NOT mean we get to tell Andrew or anyone else what to do. Put yourself in his shoes....with the shitshow this has become, would any of you respond if you were him? Really?

#14591 6 years ago

There's plenty of reasons for people to get nervous, Skit B, DP, Jpop, I got my money back from the Skit B fiasco and because of CC's and PayPal this situation should work the same if the worst case scenario should present itself, I'll wait to see what the announcement is before going to the next step but man you read this stuff and its starting to look bad, hopefully its just pinside horseshit.

#14592 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Sorry for using this quote as an example....I am NOT singling you out here, just trying to make a point.
As hard a pill as it might be to swallow, we the buyers really have no say in Andrew's company, and we have no right to demand or dictate anything. Yes, we all sent in money that he is either holding or has spent, but that still does not give us any rights other than the rights of any consumer with any other company, and that is to either keep our money into the game or to file for a refund. Even if you do not get your refund and you have to fight for it, you still have NO rights to information or to how the company is run unless dictated by a court of law. We don't do it in any other industry, and I can't for the life of me figure out why folks think pinball is different. For some reason, we all automatically think we are all major stockholders because we put in a deposit. Andrew has a company, and he advertised a product. We all sent money for that product (knowing the risk), and we should be receiving a product for that money. If you are mad at the lack of communication, lack of production, or all of the "lies", then file for a refund and go through the proper channels. If you are staying in the game, then you have no choice but to go along for the ride. All of the second-guessing and demands do nothing but stir up a bunch of crap. It changes nothing, and Andrew still does what he thinks is correct. I am as frustrated as everyone here, but we do not run this company, and we are all jumping to stupid conclusions. The Porsche story is a prime example.....I am glad Andrew put it to rest, but because someone mentioned something, it became a fact and sent folks into orbit. Again, I am not suggesting we should not protect ourselves and our investment......but that DOES NOT mean we get to tell Andrew or anyone else what to do. Put yourself in his shoes....with the shitshow this has become, would any of you respond if you were him? Really?

Well said......

#14593 6 years ago

No offense taken.

Just wandering to what extend in preordering with payments in advance for a year or more will warrant some reasonable information from a company that was Partially funded by this.
You can call each a shareholder.

Examples for recent promised games with money payed in advance all turned sour and sure lack of transparency.

I hope Andrew succeeds but this "hobby" and "funtime" sure turning
Dark.

#14594 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

No offense taken.
Just wandering to what extend in preordering with payments in advance for a year or more will warrant some reasonable information from a company that was Partially funded by this.
You can call each a shareholder.
Examples for recent promised games with money payed in advance all turned sour and sure lack of transparency.
I hope Andrew succeeds but this "hobby" and "funtime" sure turning
Dark.

I agree with your statement that things have been looking bleak for a while and I totally understand the frustration levels. Hopefully this new announcement will be good, but keep in mind Andrew did not say an announcement was coming....he said they "Hoped" to be making an announcement, so we all need to be prepared that the announcement may never come.

#14595 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Andrew,
Is there something about this big announcement that stops you from responding to customers emails?
I have been emailing Heighway for almost a month with no response and i was offering to send more money. I hope your announcement includes hiring someone to take care of your customers, because you have one of the greatest pinball tables ever with Alien.
If you think ignoring your customers (while you think up solutions) is the way to do business, you have a lot to learn.
As much as i want to give you the benefit of the doubt, i am not a mind reader, so i only have this thread to go by. For those that only have this thread to go by, it is hard not to think that many would and should be nervous about their money.
Looking forward to you proving me wrong in the future.

Quoted from GAP:

Andrew, I have also been emailing you and Jay for the last 2 weeks. I'm paid in full and still no response. I'm a patient person and very understanding, but when there is complete radio silence that's alarming. I think you owe it to the people who have paid for a game in full a private email, explaining what is going on. If people are pulling out, it's because of lack of communication. I'm 100% in, but if I don't hear anything from you personally via email, I may be pulling out and wait til there are games available. If I hear a response and happy with it, Ill update this post to say I heard back and still in. You made a incredible game !

Lack of communication is unacceptable. There are reasons why this hasn't been happening, but it is unacceptable nonetheless.

Much better customer services is a must, moving forwards.

#14596 6 years ago

Please take care of your health, Andrew.

#14597 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

From a legal perspective, a "buyer" who has not yet received either a game or a refund is a creditor.

In the UK, when a company is solvent, there is no reason for directors to consider the interests of creditors. However, when a company is insolvent, the directors must consider creditors in priority to shareholders (West Mercia Safetywear Ltd [in Liquidation] v Dodd [1988] BCLC 250). It is the period in between solvency and insolvency which causes most difficulties - i.e., the "zone of insolvency", aka the "twilight zone".

Source: Director's Duties in the "Zone of Insolvency", Simon Baskerville and Inga West, Ashurst LLP, 6th edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Governance 2013; published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London (www.iclg.co.uk).

https://ashurstcde.azureedge.net/-/media/ashurst/documents/news-and-insights/legal-updates/2013/jan/cg13_chapter-1_ashurst.pdf

#14598 6 years ago

"NOTICE;
Regarding the Alien pinball machine by Heighway Pinball company. We were originally proud to announce when we came to an agreement as a dealer of this incredible looking pinball machine and other future games from this company. We've met with the owner and talk to him many times. The company truly does have a great passion for putting out great games. But since our initial connection and investment with Heighway Pinball the company has struggled to finish producing games and also providing customer service on their previous game, "Full Throttle". Other issues not disclosed also have arose so we have decided to break ties and we are no longer a product dealer/distributor for Heighway Pinball company products at this time. This does not mean we might not revisit getting back together with them in the future but they first must get production, manual/schematic documentation and customer service in a much better place first. We need that support for ourselves and to help supply our customers. They have a unique product there so communication and documentation service and repair is vital
I wish them the best of luck in their growth and production. We hear there is a new announcement coming for some restructuring of their company and hopefully that will go smoothly as well.
Thank you
Troy North and Top Score Gamerooms LLC"

#14599 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I see how rumours can spiral out of control. I wasn't going to comment anymore until the announcement.
However, I will address this issue because it involves personal attacks on me and more importantly, upsets paying customers who need to understand the truth about a few things.
1. I, and everyone involved with the company, are acting in the best interests of all of our customers - to get everyone the games that they have ordered and/or paid for.
2. We will not be announcing any new games for the foreseeable future. Alien gets made now, and in the foreseeable future
3. I have driven a 12-year old Cayenne for 3 years now. It has a book value of £6,600 ($8k). It was leased. My previous car was a cat-C damaged ex-police Vauxhall Vectra.
4. I don't own a house. I rent a house in one of the poorest and most depressed areas of the UK. I also don't own an RV.
We wish to deal with all outstanding issues once the announcement has been made. This will include cancellation requests, although we hope that customers will still want this game following the announcement.

Andrew, there are those of us quiet ones out here that believe you when you tell us that you are doing the best you can for us. We appreciate you and the team and are very excited about the product. We are patient and will wait this out! Best of luck friend!

#14600 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

but that DOES NOT mean we get to tell Andrew or anyone else what to do. Put yourself in his shoes....with the shitshow this has become, would any of you respond if you were him? Really?

Sorry Manimal but i totally 1000% disagree. That's ok, no biggie.

If I or any other business owner treated our PAID clients or prospective clients this way I'd be out of business so fast it would make your head spin.

This is pinball though so for some reason, people seem afraid to confront the truth. And it's not just Andrew, its Stern, JJP and everybody else except for possibly Spooky.

See little ole Spooky for how to treat a customer and being honest and upfront and setting EXPECTATIONS properly!

And I respect Andrew for acknowledging the deficiencies and hopefully is able to move forward and do great things.

As a Woz customer from day one, Jpop customer from day one and Alien customer from day one, my PATIENCE meter is still ok. Life is too short and plenty of other pins to play in the meantime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/292 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.