DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 601.
#14501 6 years ago

Heighway, most of us are cheering you on. Get the games shipping in quantity, yesterday.

#14502 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Agreed, and I sincerely hope this part of pinball is put to bed forever.....I don't care what company it is, including Stern themselves....I refuse to pre-pay anything again.

I hear ya....
Until Elvira 3 gets officially announced !!!

#14503 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I'll pass.

The first two were okay...certainly don't need an irrelevant third.

#14504 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Re: pending news

I bet its a cash infusion from an investor.

I hope so. Investing at this time is not the worst bet. You're funding building of games and taking money off the table. We all know they can sell a bunch of Aliens. I don't know what their magic number is, but the game is done and ready to go. This isn't a bottomless pit, ala jpop.

#14505 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hope so. Investing at this time is not the worst bet. You're funding building of games and taking money off the table. We all know they can sell a bunch of Aliens. I don't know what their magic number is, but the game is done and ready to go. This isn't a bottomless pit, ala jpop.

Exactly right. There are A LOT of people with cash in hand waiting for this game to be "in-stock". Not a bad investment at all.

#14506 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I hear ya....

Probably for some, but not for me.

#14507 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I bet its a cash infusion from an investor.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

A cash infusion is the only announcement I want to hear.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. It's the only thing it logically could be,

I bet it's the next game being announced. Short of an angel investor, it's the only thing that could provide a cash infusion.

#14508 6 years ago

Jesus that's the LAST thing I want to hear! Send us money for game 3 so we can build game 2

That would be insanity. Been there before with other failed startups.

#14509 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

You should know that there are some Pinsiders here with ulterior motives - with an interest in bringing our company down.

Yes, it's known, and unbelievably sad/ pathetic. Getting these games out makes a lot of this whole.....rooting for you, Andrew...

#14510 6 years ago

Yes, crank up production & get the games out to people who have already paid. We all want to see them succeed. We can all agree on that.

On the other side of that coin, stop ignoring customers requests for refunds & get back to communicating and answering emails. It raises suspicions & creates even more problems. I'm still waiting to hear something about the status of mine.

Looking forward to this next announcement.

#14511 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yes, crank up production & get the games out to people who have already paid. We all want to see them succeed. We can all agree on that.
On the other side of that coin, stop ignoring customers requests for refunds & get back to communicating and answering emails. It raises suspicions & creates even more problems. I'm still waiting to hear something about the status of mine.
Looking forward to this next announcement.

This...

#14512 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Porsche Cayenne he just bought

You gotta be shitting me...60 day refunds so he can buy a Porsche?

#14513 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Who knows if that is even true....if he does have one, it could be a lease, rental, or just belongs to a neighbor......Only gold-diggers judge wealth by the cars people drive these days. There are too many ways to be a poser.........

#14515 6 years ago

Glad to see a break in radio silence and very keen to see what the news will be in a few days. I've met Andy 2 years ago when he drove all over the UK in a truck borrowing pins to host a pinball party at his new factory in Wales. He loaded and unloaded a sh1t tonne of machines himself so us UK pinheads could have a huge gathering, afterwards he loaded them up again and drove them all back to their owners. Sorry if this info is already in this 300 page thread but I think it's important to share. Yes I'm sure it was promotional to host an event and give Alien teasers to us all but Andy's passion was/is undeniable.

At the 2 day event we got a tour of the factory and Andy showed us all the equipment he had invested in and shared his vision of where he was planning to take the business. We've all been under the bonnet of a machine and know what's involved but Andy is thinking long term with his modular parts, imagine a flipper change being 4 screws or a complete game change being a 5 min operation using the same cab. Some of us have huge rooms for games, but don't lose sight of those that don't. I know alot of people in the UK in flats in London up 2 flights of stairs, so Andy's resurrection of the pin2000 concept sounds like a God sent to these guys who have no space. He is, and I can't stress this enough, hugely passionate about pinball, enough to put his own money, that of investors, and that of you the people who pre ordered from him into a new company to rival the giant Stern who is the other end of the spectrum with questionable quality and some heavy price tags.

This is a tipping point for what could be another big player in the manufacturing of pins, something that could bring prices back to a realistic level which we could all benefit from. This isn't another Predator.

Pins are shipping, yes slowly, probably because Andy has had 100s of unforseen hurdles and issues to jump over, but he's jumping them and delaying things because he wants to make sure sh1t is spot on when you finally unbox your game. Beta games are out there, some waiting on parts and that's not great but it's for the greater good when the Alpha ones hit the streets. It's late here in UK and I logged on to see 198 more posts in this thread but none offering help to Andy. I'm thinking of heading to Wales for 2 weeks to help labour on the line. What are you doing? Pulling the pre order cash to a fledgling company just when it needs it the most? Well done, next time you moan about Stern quality and cost pat yourselves on the back. Yeah it's frustrating but imagine how Andy feels, right now at this moment, juggling to keep it all happening just when it could finally pay off for all of us. He had the balls to get one of the best licences in the last 20 years, build a pin that those who have played rave about, and make his hair change colour trying to get it to the masses. Stay the course fellas. Im buying as soon as i can but it wont happen if you all pull out on the 11th, ok, maybe the 57th hour!

#14516 6 years ago

I see how rumours can spiral out of control. I wasn't going to comment anymore until the announcement.

However, I will address this issue because it involves personal attacks on me and more importantly, upsets paying customers who need to understand the truth about a few things.

1. I, and everyone involved with the company, are acting in the best interests of all of our customers - to get everyone the games that they have ordered and/or paid for.

2. We will not be announcing any new games for the foreseeable future. Alien gets made now, and in the foreseeable future

3. I have driven a 12-year old Cayenne for 3 years now. It has a book value of £6,600 ($8k). It was leased. My previous car was a cat-C damaged ex-police Vauxhall Vectra.

4. I don't own a house. I rent a house in one of the poorest and most depressed areas of the UK. I also don't own an RV.

We wish to deal with all outstanding issues once the announcement has been made. This will include cancellation requests, although we hope that customers will still want this game following the announcement.

#14518 6 years ago

It's good that you posted Andrew.

I'm hoping it's great news next week

However, using some excuse that people are trying to take Heighway down is getting a bit old

I just want the pin I've put a deposit on and for you to start being honest with everybody

If you did your job on your end you wouldn't be in this position. Sorry but it's on YOU and nobody else

I have been a big supporter of yours and still am. I love the theme and what you guys have done but I don't want to hear any more excuses

So, if you don't like that you can send me my $1500 too. I'd rather see a game though

#14519 6 years ago

Thank you to those who have emailed me to let me know about the latest comments on Pinside.
There has been a lack of communication on our side because a lot is going on behind the scenes - and we are hoping to make a significant announcement within days.
We apologise for this lack of communication but everything will become clear shortly.
You should know that there are some Pinsiders here with ulterior motives - with an interest in bringing our company down.
We would ask for a little more patience please, until our announcement is made.
Thanks for reading.

Hmm... only one downvote. Go figure.

#14520 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Hmm... only one downvote. Go figure.

let me guess, rubberducks?

#14521 6 years ago

And you know what Andrew Heighway...F! Every single word in the above quote!

Don't you dare try to place even one lick of blame on any of us who are trying to do nothing more than keep each other safe!

Only one person at the helm of this company which can decide it's fate is you..and you alone!

I mean you have 2 moderators currently posting with a high degree of skepticism for Petes sake...

#14522 6 years ago

Don't you dare try to place even one lick of blame on any of us who are trying to do nothing more than keep each other safe!
Only one person at the helm of this company which can decide it's fate is you..and you alone!
I mean you have 2 moderators currently posting with a high degree of skepticism for Petes sake...

There is a big difference between "being safe with your money" (Which really means don't pre-order in the first place!) and actively trying to hurt a company through scaremongering and pushing people to pull their orders.....big difference.

#14523 6 years ago

I'm sorry - but you misunderstand me.

There are some specific individuals who are trying to bring the company down. In this instance, I was referring to Rubberducks - who is under NDA with our company, yet has been emailing people and telling them to cancel orders with us.

The majority of people here, including yourself, have every right to criticise us and I was not referring to you. I am not placing blame on 99.9% of Pinsiders, and I apologise if I insinuated otherwise.

#14524 6 years ago

You do not represent me, period.

If you are losing sleep over a pinball machine you have a deposit on, that you knew was a preorder, you might what to discuss this with your doctor. If you have no skin in the game, again,you might want to discuss with a doctor.

I am not losing sleep.

#14525 6 years ago

any of us who are trying to do nothing more than keep each other safe!

Really? The internet's got my back? Really?

I'll look after myself, thanks.

#14526 6 years ago

Just saying man...we all dream of you punishing stern in so many ways...we really do want you to succeed!

Just don't fuck with us!

#14527 6 years ago

Thank you for clarifying that.

Rubber under an NDA and emailing people to pull out is way beyond inappropriate

Not sure why people can't decide for themselves

Get pins out, no worries

#14528 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Hello Andrew, great to hear from you.
Could you please send Melissa and Chris at Cointaker a new computing unit pre-loaded for my FTh LE?
My pin has been bricked for months now and I would like to get playing again. As you are planning to ship them 5 games right now anyways it would be great would you ship the unit with these 5 machines and invoice Chris for it.
Thank you

Bump

Since Andrew is back in the thread

#14529 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Bump
Since Andrew is back in the thread

It's a public holiday here until Tuesday. Please email [email protected] with your details and he will send you out a replacement unit.

I will mention it to him as well

#14530 6 years ago

It's a public holiday here until Tuesday. Please email [email protected] with your details and he will send you out a replacement unit.
I will mention it to him as well

If you could also take care of my friend Elliot, that would make a few of us here in Toronto happy for him.
He's too nice a guy sometimes and has been looking forward to having his FT 100% up and running for far too long.

#14531 6 years ago

Hi Andrew

I was in on the beginning then out when I saw delays coming ( out in 6 months)

You have done great things and much hurdles to jump.

Now 2 years later I am glad to made it this far and almost there.

If you can fulfill preorders
You can count me in as soon a you have Aliens to spare.

#14532 6 years ago

I hope your plan is to get the games shipped out. Nothing will squash this shit storm more than games to homes. I will post my pics and praise the game if it deserves it. I have been all for your success and game from page 1. The tone and missed promises about shipping are starting to where on us all. I'm staying in and doing my best to stay positive, but more games need to go out for sure. Best of luck and look forward to my game I feel you did a great job but I have never gotten a chance to play yet. First game will be when I get my chance to own one.

#14533 6 years ago

1 am in Wales, and Andrew is up reading this thread and answering questions.
For the love of God people...let the man run a factory and build our machine's.
Not one person on pinside should complain till you do 120 hour work weeks, no sleep...just to build a vision...for all of us to enjoy.
Well, Jersey Jack, Gary Stern and and the Emery spooky team...there alloud to comment.

#14534 6 years ago

Here is the HUGE plus factor going on, Heighway has a great pin, home run theme on its hands and big sales in the future if the numbers can work out for an investor.

Let's hope the "investor" meetings go well.

Deep pockets can fix a lot, look at JJP.

#14535 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is the HUGE plus factor going on, Heighway has a great pin, home run theme on its hands and big sales in the future if the numbers can work out for an investor.
Let's hope the "investor" meetings go well.
Deep pockets can fix a lot, look at JJP.

Ice, I love ya man, but this is how shit gets started. We have no knowledge of "investor meetings" taking place. All Andrew said was there would be an announcement coming. The conclusion regarding an investor is purely conjecture, just like that crazy claim of a new Porsche. Let's just keep our ideas in our own heads and wait to see what the announcement is. If it is what you suspect, then we can all high-five. But we also have to be prepared the announcement may be something totally different.

#14536 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's hope the discussions pan out and what not, I've seen a lot of cash infusion type deals (if that is indeed what this is) fall apart at the last minute due to security concerns and last minute re-trading asks).

Yeah it would jive with all the radio silence of late... being in a quiet period while negotiations or due diligence is completed.

#14537 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I bet it's the next game being announced. Short of an angel investor, it's the only thing that could provide a cash infusion.

A game announcement would go over like a fart in church. People would scream ponzi scheme and others would be hesitant to send money when refunds are not happening and games are not shipping in any consistency.

#14538 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A game announcement would go over like a fart in church. People would scream ponzi scheme and others would be hesitant to send money when refunds are not happening and games are not shipping in any consistency.

I can tell you right up front that if the announcement is (just) game 3 then I would be pulling my preorder.

#14539 6 years ago

2. We will not be announcing any new games for the foreseeable future. Alien gets made now, and in the foreseeable future

HP just made this statement (see quote). No need to get upset about something that is not going to happen.

#14540 6 years ago

#14541 6 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Andy is thinking long term with his modular parts, imagine a flipper change being 4 screws or a complete game change being a 5 min operation using the same cab.

This would be great - but the devil is in the details. All new Alien machines have an Alien sticker on the coin door. Am I supposed to peel that off when I swap? ...or does the new playfield come with a new sticker....but then I can't swap back...hmmm....

And those modular flippers are a great idea so long as you don't mount the entire boardset over a corner screw...so ..not so modular. Same with the pops...if there are too many other mechs mounted around ....it's more than just a couple screws.

Listen, I want Heighway to succeed. I have a vested interest for Heighway to succeed. ...so it's with much trepidation I even post this... Some of the existing owners are having support issues. I won't speak for anyone else, but my playfield LCD is out, xeno - still waiting - other various LED issues. I know, it's crunch time and they need to concentrate on getting other's games out. I've got mine and love playing it - and Helmut has been good at answering emails. So yeah, I understand I'm not the top priority right now and that's ok. I will be patient and give them the benefit of the doubt that they will come through for everyone....my fingers are crossed it happens.

#14542 6 years ago

jeeze i used to work for a guy worth tens of millions of dollars and drive the cheapest car- a junked up 1977 chevy impala- in 1987. first thing i learned in business was him telling me to never drive a nice car as an owner of a company. he used to tell me he had a mercedes at home for the weekends but wouldnt dare drive it to work for employees or customers to see.
in the uk porsches and bmws are like chevys and fords people, wtf!!??

#14543 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Ice, I love ya man, but this is how shit gets started. We have no knowledge of "investor meetings" taking place. All Andrew said was there would be an announcement coming. The conclusion regarding an investor is purely conjecture, just like that crazy claim of a new Porsche. Let's just keep our ideas in our own heads and wait to see what the announcement is. If it is what you suspect, then we can all high-five. But we also have to be prepared the announcement may be something totally different.

Come on Manimal, I hear ya brother, just hoping its capital infusion good news because that would be a HUGE announcement and the only one that makes sense unless he's announcing he's partnered with JJP or Stern to manufacture these Alien pins. And that ain't happenin

We would all like to get an Alien pin and see Andrew make it successful. This is just me hoping, the Porsche thing was heresay and I'm glad Andrew cleared it up.

Btw, I hope he can buy 10 porches down the road due to the success of Heighway Pinball!!!!!!

#14544 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, I hope he can buy 10 porches down the road due to the success of Heighway Pinball!!!!!!

Or at least one Hellcat!

#14545 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

the Porsche thing was heresay

glad you passed it on to the entire interweb to stir things up then

#14546 6 years ago

Thank you to those who have emailed me to let me know about the latest comments on Pinside.
There has been a lack of communication on our side because a lot is going on behind the scenes - and we are hoping to make a significant announcement within days.
We apologise for this lack of communication but everything will become clear shortly.
Thanks for reading.

Gee, I wonder who is trying to bring Heighway down?

Screenshot_2017-05-28-22-54-36 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-28-22-54-36 (resized).png

#14547 6 years ago

People chill out , how many have you been to wales?? Nothing moves quick there apart from the sheep.
I was in on Alien the second there was a sniff of an alien licence, I contacted Andy and was down for one and my game only just appeared two days ago , so much stuff has been going on and just wait for what has to be said to be said ... clearly whatever that might be can't be said otherwise it would . Andy isn't just sitting there holding anything back for the fun of it, just chill.
Hey I was bummed by Skit - B for the full amount so understand the worries , but I have the game, well currently it's at my mates hoping it's gonna land here today, I have played it , it's epic... and guys just give the team and Andy a bit of a break. Also it's bank holiday here so don't expect anything for a few days.

IMG_6366 (resized).JPGIMG_6366 (resized).JPG

#14548 6 years ago

Andrew,

Is there something about this big announcement that stops you from responding to customers emails?

I have been emailing Heighway for almost a month with no response and i was offering to send more money. I hope your announcement includes hiring someone to take care of your customers, because you have one of the greatest pinball tables ever with Alien.

If you think ignoring your customers (while you think up solutions) is the way to do business, you have a lot to learn.

As much as i want to give you the benefit of the doubt, i am not a mind reader, so i only have this thread to go by. For those that only have this thread to go by, it is hard not to think that many would and should be nervous about their money.

Looking forward to you proving me wrong in the future.

#14549 6 years ago

Andrew, I have also been emailing you and Jay for the last 2 weeks. I'm paid in full and still no response. I'm a patient person and very understanding, but when there is complete radio silence that's alarming. I think you owe it to the people who have paid for a game in full a private email, explaining what is going on. If people are pulling out, it's because of lack of communication. I'm 100% in, but if I don't hear anything from you personally via email, I may be pulling out and wait til there are games available. If I hear a response and happy with it, Ill update this post to say I heard back and still in. You made a incredible game !

#14550 6 years ago

Remember this part?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/291?hl=db666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.