DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 601.
#14401 6 years ago

It's obvious to me that games are not shipping in mass because there are still pieces that are missing to the puzzle. In this case, the buyer just said ship what you can get me and I will take it from there. Not a bad way to go if you are going to do your own custom colors and don't want fiber ramps. etc. It would just be nice if someone would post the truth about the wait. I still have faith Heighway will eventually get this right, but I hate games.

#14402 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Starting to seem like a cash grab con unfortunately. Get people excited if they buy now they can get their game but the majority will just join the rest of us with no game then trickle out another one or two to try to get more money

But keep in mind, if this taking place is the difference between getting a pin and the company being insolvent, then I don't think most will gripe too loud. They will not like it, but at least we will see movement. I have an order and a deposit, but I am not paid in full. I can't in good faith send in more money until I know my pin is being built, but I would have no problem with new orders coming before mine if they paid up and gave the company a shot in the arm.....so long as I eventually get mine.....lol

#14403 6 years ago

Ok thank you for that answer a lot of us have and it's been starting to get a little weird and this thread doesn't help make me feel warm and fuzzy all over like it did in the beginning. I hope games start getting to where they need to be so we can all share our excitement for this game and change the vibe here.

#14404 6 years ago

I requested a refund of my deposit yesterday.

Originally Andrew PM'd me here after reading something I posted about SE shipping times. He was great... we went back and fourth and I was happy with his responses so I sent a deposit. Woot!

Around a month, month in a half ago I was excited and had a Heighway neon sign made so I shot him a message showing it off. Then a few weeks later my son asked if we were still getting the SE in the timeframe Andrew stated so I shot him a quick message about that(again, very nicely worded with excitement bubbling over). Then Pinfest happened and I was absolutely thrilled with Alien! So again I shot Andrew a little message about how awesome the game played and also that I've been into the arcade hobby for 20 years so getting a game that may need attention is no big deal. We just want one!!!

Finally after about a week of sending that message I noticed Andrew hadn't signed onto Pinside since May 5th so I emailed him the last message.

Nothing. No reply to any of those messages. He was quick to message me when I was on the fence with the game. And he went back and fourth for a day with me to put my mind at ease about ordering one.

So I emailed him, Jay, and someone else that was CC'd to my original receipt yesterday. Again, very nice email. Regretful and apologetic even. I don't expect a reply so a PayPal claim will be filled next week(and if that fails, I will open a CC claim).

Really, REALLY like Alien and would love to have one here eventually. Just not at this time due to all the silence... that and there is only so much time you have to file a PayPal claim...

#14405 6 years ago

This is why people who have paid a year ago need to get their games and people waiting on LE's need the option to just get a SE at this point and wait for the upgrades. The excitement needs to be backed with some trust that your money is safe. The more people that bailout the harder its going to get for Heighway for sure.

#14406 6 years ago

Wonder if not questioned if the user would have ever said he powercoated the legs himself and they were not from the factory?

And lol at regular looking black legs being "Alien black"

EDIT: I see the negative votes but no reply? I admit it was a slight jab and an honest question (will probably go unanswered of course).
FYI I have been in on a LE for a year now just want to see them ship in mass. I honestly don't think I'll get my game until the fall at this point.

#14407 6 years ago

Every single LE should have been delivered by now 'as a minimum'.

Screenshot_20170529-004349 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170529-004349 (resized).png

#14408 6 years ago

Pinball is a rough business for sure. I'm keeping minimal hope for my Alien and TBL but it's getting harder everyday I thought this one was going to be a lot smoother.

#14409 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Because it is an Alien LE and It needs to be Green
Fiber was not ready at the time and shipped without per my request.

Plaque and Fiber will come soon, not a big deal to me anyway

So... let me summarize. Feel free to correct when necessary.

You received a "Black" Alien 10 days ago.
Advertise it.
Then accomplish a DIY green trim and install LE side panels.
Show the box as if it was just arrived. As if a second game arrived.
Call it a LE although it has no fiber ramps, no plaque and no specific trim.
Basically, what I see is a regular game with LE side panels, right?
Anything else LE specific?

#14410 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Advertise it.

Yeah...he got the LE translite also. Plus they will be sending the plaque and optics.

He requested it be sent to him this way, so what's the big deal? If I was in on an LE and was given this option I would GRAB it!

#14411 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Advertise it.

Never did I state I recieved a 2nd game or another Game was just delievered.

Quoted from FalconPunch:
It's the same game I believe. That he got last week... I think he just power coated it himself?
I only have an Alien LE
The powdercoating was changed out to Alien Green from Alien Black

Im Done posting any further on this current subject, as my posting was intending to provide positive vibes, not this.

If you have any other questions I advise you to reach out to Heighway.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone

#14412 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah...he got the LE translite also. Plus they will be sending the plaque and optics.
He requested it be sent to him this way, so what's the big deal? If I was in on an LE and was given this option I would GRAB it!

Thank you for some sanity!!!
Nail on the head exactly

#14413 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Starting to seem like a cash grab con unfortunately. Get people excited if they buy now they can get their game but the majority will just join the rest of us with no game then trickle out another one or two to try to get more money

The whole thing is slim shady

Hoping to get a pin and staying positive is one thing BUT there are so many unanswered questions that are outstanding

Some people make the argument that we shouldn't be entitled to know the inner workings of Andrew's business and the finances associated therewith.

That's crazy talk, he has taken in hundreds of thousands of our $$$, without delivering a product that we paid for (yes that was stupid), and he should be 1000% open and honest about the use of our funds as a fiduciary and the status of OUR products

#14414 6 years ago

I thought it was said earlier that the fiber optic ramp lights could only be installed at the factory? If this is not the case I see a lot of LE pre orders wanting to do this.

#14415 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Join_the_Cirqus, please end the confusion and explain how your game's trim changed color from the time you first posted ten days ago 'till now. Did you have it powder coated? Did Andrew send you replacement armor? Do you have two machines? ...you would end a lot of speculation with a simple answer.

I only have an Alien LE
The powdercoating was changed out to Alien Green from Alien Black

Quoted from DerGoetz:

Found the politician

He was being deliberately vague for a reason. Trying to avoid outright lies without telling the truth. He finally got pushed into a corner and clarified that he indeed did powder coat it himself. He also clearly worked on this with Andrew, since:

1) He had to be sent the bits.
2) He talked about "working with Andrew" on this. Why do you have to 'work with' him when you've just paid for a product, and why do several of these early machines seem to rely on cloak and dagger hush-hush agreements, where the new owner must act as an unofficial PR, and none of whom will disclose either the nature of the agreement or how they came to be selected over others?
3) Andrew e-mailed people yesterday saying that something very positive was happening and it would hopefully be announced the same day (i.e. didn't know when powder would be ready).

Neither of them seem to have thought about this very much before doing it, though. People were asking for PR management ,and honesty with it, yesterday. This is what you get.

Anyway, the first DIY LE 1/??? edition compared to what an LE is supposed to be:

• Gloss Black high finish cabinet - No.

• Beacons – Yes.

• Shaker - ?

• 35th sidepanels - No, Standard. Then sent out later presumably as part of a deal to show an 'LE' off to prove they've shipped .. but seems to have forgotten that people had seen the Standard days earlier, and botched the PR. Oops.

• Backglass - No, Standard. Also marketed as such (backglass), but it's a translite and there is no glass, and sent out later as above.

•Numbered LE placque, as per FTh – No. Handwritten note scrawled on back of backbox with marker pen.

• Green trim (or gloss black / blue) - No. Did green himself. About 2 years after showing first digital mock-ups, and 7 months since full Expo revelation, no official LE trim has been shown yet. N.B. It's just a powder coat.

• Fibre Optics – No.

• Goodie Bag – No (just a hunch).

Aren't they supposed to be printing side panels and possibly translites in house now? Even if not, his game was shipped 2 weeks after the LE translite and panels were shown and approved. Why were other people who wanted to downgrade their LE to a Standard, in order to get it shipped, not offered this? Maybe some others were. Some certainly were not.

If they had the parts and ability to produce any even remotely reasonable number of machines, they'd be sending out higher ticket price LEs (the additional parts cost of which is dwarfed by the price delta). Full machines. Not smoke and mirrors like this. Especially as his was supposed to be the first 'final' machine, with working Xeno, and hence hardware done.

#14416 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

He requested it to be sent that way because like everybody else NOBODY wants the musical chairs to end and be the ones in limbo like Dutch Pinball.

And i don't believe there is any rhyme or reason as to why or who gets a pin shipped first. Cash in hand is king, like JJP Woz days.

#14417 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I thought it was said earlier that the fiber optic ramp lights could only be installed at the factory? If this is not the case I see a lot of LE pre orders wanting to do this.

That's what was said, but its hard to install them when they haven't even been ordered yet.

#14418 6 years ago

Can anyone confirm an email about positive things happening? I can't get an answer to simple questions.

#14419 6 years ago

Sad that the same two people have such Negative Energy in this thread.

You know, I was perfectly prepared for a reasonable, straightforward and honest explanation when I asked a question last night. I awoke to an absolute shit show where you were going out of your way to avoid answering basic questions and concerns, and thereby allow people to be misled. It hadn't even occurred to me that you would have powder coated it yourself btw - and would then try as hard as you could to avoid clarifying that point.

You also appear to be attempting to vote brigade.

Never did I state I recieved a 2nd game or another Game was just delievered.

Im Done posting any further on this current subject, as my posting was intending to provide positive vibes, not this.

How could anyone possibly believe this was your motivation? You knew the effect your initial posts would have (particularly without explanation).

As Whysnow immediately chimed in, "Looks like this confirms First LEs shipped in May." 95% of people viewing or reading probably wouldn't have even realised that it was the same Standard you received a short time before.

Quoted from Whysnow:

NICE! LE trim looks amazing!
Looks like this confirms First LEs shipped in May.

So not an LE. Not LE trim (powder was his own job). If first LEs shipped in May, this is not one of them.

You (Cirqus) said in your initial post that you were getting the thread back on track. Ironically, not the track you intended.

#14420 6 years ago

I find Cirqus' actions disingenuous to say these least. Rubberducks said it much better than me.

I could be totally wrong, but until Andrew breaks his silence & comes back on here and clears things up, there's going to be uninformed speculation.

#14421 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Can anyone confirm an email about positive things happening? I can't get an answer to simple questions.

I can ask the source if it's ok to post it. But I suspect they won't want to be identified. I'm sure others received it, but if they were individually written rather than templated, that would allow identification.

#14422 6 years ago

Come on, you know posting "the first LE" was going to get a ton of attention and questions. You handled it very poorly and avoided answering questions. None of that is positive and just comes off as shady and bragging.

#14423 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I can ask the source if it's ok to post it. But I suspect they won't want to be identified. I'm sure others received it, but if they were individually written rather than templated, that would allow identification.

I didn't receive it, nor have i gotten an answer to my recent PM's to Andrew, but I was only one of the first ones to put a deposit down years ago (stupidly)

Seems there is a bunch of selective communication going on right now.

Around July/August of LAST YEAR, Andrew was asking for payments because "your games, including the LE's, were ready for production", meaning ordering parts etc.

Now we find out almost a year later almost NOTHING related to the LE has been "ready for production", except for the LE artwork and a source has claimed that he hasn't even been paid for his services.

#14424 6 years ago

Mark post #9285 by Andrew that Falcon punch displayed. Read it again and think about what it says.

"100 LE games are scheduled for January and every month thereafter as a minimum"

Granted, this was the standard line on a rolling 30 day basis BUT knowing what we know and what has actually occurred, what would any reasonable person think about the STATE OF MIND when he kept saying those things?

#14425 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Focus on your breathing, allowing your stomach to rise as you inhale and fall as you exhale. Breathe deeply for about two minutes, until you start to feel comfortable and relaxed. Turn your focus to the toes of your right foot. Notice any sensations you feel while continuing to also focus on your breathing.
Let your first world pinball problems float away.

I freely admit to being fairly new to the world of pinball collecting, but I've been part of other hobbyist, collector, and enthusiast communities for many years and this is the first place I've run into this kind of attitude, where thousands of dollars can be laid on the line without demanding even the least bit of accountability from the recipient.

Quoted from nephasth:

Actions speak louder than words. And it appears the message was received, without the need of a president of a company posting on a ridiculous forum...

This isn't Apple or General Motors we're talking about here. "The President" is one of just a couple of guys in the whole operation...unless he wants to hire a PR or social media rep then yeah...he's the mouthpiece. Maybe a lot of pinheads have Oprah levels of disposable income where it doesn't matter whether of not it disappears into the ether, but I'd think people who fully-paid thousands upfront for the machine deserve at bare minimum regular updates from the company.

#14426 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100 LE games are scheduled for January

I seem to remember that they had a problem with Xeno boards and revised a couple things after that post, hence the delay.

But, by all means, everyone get back in your circle and open fire.

Maybe after you guys convince everyone to cancel I'll be able to grab a playfield kit sooner.

#14427 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Owner had armor powdercoated. Was thinking to do the same for my FTh LE - if that piece of furniture would not be bricked for months now thanks to a broken computing unit. As it is I do not give a rat's ass for my FTh LE anymore, I am frankly fed up with being an owner of a product which receives no support, one that breaks down left and right. The broken computer is just the pinnacle of nothing but disappointment so far.
I have a new computing unit on order with Chris and Melissa, but if even they cannot get pre-paid pinball machines shipped to them, what hope do I have to get a new brain for my broken FTh.....

You are now the SECOND FTh owner that I know about who has had a non-working game for MONTHS.
WTF? Zero support from Heighway. That is, "support", but not enough to fix the games.
How is this not front-page news and a SEVERE warning sign for anyone considering sending money for an Alien?
I mean, sending cash to Cointaker if they had the pin in stock is one thing, but this is a whole other risky venture.
Good luck fellas.

#14429 6 years ago

Had my best game ever last night!
Epic

IMO, you're coming off as a pretty shady character on here. I'm not even sure I can believe your score is legit! Maybe you still had the glass off??! Your vague answers have ONLY done harm and raised the level of doubt on this pin. What a shit-show!

#14430 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I thought I read this too.

#14431 6 years ago

People need to calm down. Asking for a refund this late when they are starting to ship is stupid. Give me a break. I've been waiting 3 years for his machine. I waited 3 years for WOZ. If you want a machine fast buy Stern and wait 3 years for code. Pick you poison. Lol

#14432 6 years ago

Wow your game looks awesome. I don't know how I missed the photos, thanks!

Scroll back in the thread a page or two
I already attached plenty of pictures

#14433 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I seem to remember that they had a problem with Xeno boards and revised a couple things after that post, hence the delay.
But, by all means, everyone get back in your circle and open fire.
Maybe after you guys convince everyone to cancel I'll be able to grab a playfield kit sooner.

It wasn't just that post. He was saying the same thing right after expo knowing full well it isn't true

And NEVER will be true. Yet we suspend all disbelief here.

When you watch what Stern and JJP go through to get a pin ready to ramp, and they actually have the employees, parts and equipment, how can anyone in their right mind believe production will be anything more than Spooky level?

Think about that, Spooky is kicking ass and they are just now getting to pin 275 on RZ

BUT they have MUCH less overhead and haven't spent years getting pins out

You take people's money, live on said funds for several years and then wind up with no funds left because it all went to fixed overhead. What a F ing surprise that is

Heighway isn't some special case that can defy the laws of business

And despite the Porsche Cayenne he just bought I don't think he's independently wealthy

#14434 6 years ago

The more people that ask for refunds the quicker this is going down the Predator route

#14435 6 years ago

Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.

#14436 6 years ago

I got my refund back from Cointaker about a week ago.
Melissa was Great to deal with as usual! My CC was credited within 48 hours of my refund request.
I'm going to sit back and see how this all plays out. If Cointaker has machines for sale,new in the box at Allentown next year I will probably leave with one. I'm Sick and tired of this preorder BS.

#14437 6 years ago

People wouldn't have to ask for refunds if they had their games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#14438 6 years ago

To add some fairness to all of this...how many of you reading are getting PM's from RubberDucks urging you to withdraw your funds? He/She may fully have our best interests at heart, but I have to question getting multiple e-mails really trying to get me to pull my money, even after I said I fully accepted the risk. This may very well be the beginning of the end, or maybe Heighway will surprise us all, but whatever decision you make, do it with an open mind and do what YOU want to do, not what someone else is urging you to do.

#14439 6 years ago

Spooky doesn't drive a Porsche or make wild claims and throw parties. Something for these new companies to look at. Hell Stern is a giant and makes the customers pay for the parties. Wake up and get your shit together and make and send games or deal with the fact people will want out faster than the money came in. What does Aulrich have to say about this project now. Just curious about a lot of things nowadays.

#14440 6 years ago
Quoted from j69:

The more people that ask for refunds the quicker this is going down the Predator route

If that happens, there is only one person to blame and I'm not talking about the people asking for full payment or deposit refunds.

#14441 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I got my refund back from Cointaker about a week ago.
Melissa was Great to deal with as usual! My CC was credited within 48 hours of my refund request.
I'm going to sit back and see how this all plays out. If Cointaker has machines for sale,new in the box at Allentown next year I will probably leave with one. I'm Sick and tired of this preorder BS.

Agreed, and I sincerely hope this part of pinball is put to bed forever.....I don't care what company it is, including Stern themselves....I refuse to pre-pay anything again.

#14442 6 years ago

So I just went to PayPal to see what the actual claims procedure was. The first part of it is "establishing email communication" so I figured what the heck, I'll do that.

Well shit on a shingle...

PayPal instantly came back with they are "no longer able to communicate with Heighway Pinball" so they took me right to the actual claim form.

This don't look good...

[edit]
Ok, now I went to the claim details page and it looks like PayPal must have some way of communicating since they said they are waiting to hear back from Heighway Pinball. If they don't hear back by June 7th they will move forward(hopefully that means initiate the refund).

Looks like they skipped over the "Dispute" and the "Escalation" steps.

#14443 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you watch what Stern and JJP go through to get a pin ready to ramp, and they actually have the employees, parts and equipment, how can anyone in their right mind believe production will be anything more than Spooky level?
Think about that, Spooky is kicking ass and they are just now getting to pin 275 on RZ
BUT they have MUCH less overhead and haven't spent years getting pins out

This is an excellent point. I mean seriously, and I'm not trying to be obstructive here, but how many games has Heighway built? Total Full Throttles & Aliens combined? Im guessing it's less than 300. I've always thought the same thing looking at their factory videos. Looks like a garage boutique setup, not a large production line setup like Stern or JJP. I think the 100 games per month estimate was always overly ambitious.

This dumper fire speculation is out of control. Time to come forward Andrew.

#14444 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

So I just went to PayPal to see what the actual claims procedure was. The first part of it is "establishing email communication" so I figured what the heck, I'll do that.
Well shit on a shingle...
PayPal instantly came back with they are "no longer able to communicate with Heighway Pinball" so they took me right to the actual claim form.
This don't look good...

Uh-oh

#14445 6 years ago

This game has always sounded great and looks great. Just need to get them out and more orders will come instead of this sky is falling. Andrew needs to put a stop to this fire before it turns into a out of control wild fire that will burn him and his dream to the ground.

#14446 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

To add some fairness to all of this...how many of you reading are getting PM's from RubberDucks urging you to withdraw your funds? He/She may fully have our best interests at heart, but I have to question getting multiple e-mails really trying to get me to pull my money, even after I said I fully accepted the risk. This may very well be the beginning of the end, or maybe Heighway will surprise us all, but whatever decision you make, do it with an open mind and do what YOU want to do, not what someone else is urging you to do.

You seemed to be labouring under the delusion that I specifically tried to clarify the legalities of vis-a-vis solvency yesterday, whilst being worried about your order. I tried to offer you some advice privately.

I haven't e-mailed you at all, either, and after an initial brief message, I simply replied to your responses. You expressed much greater doubt about HW and the situation than you publicly did here, remember. Do as you wish.

#14447 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

but how many games has Heighway built? Total Full Throttles & Aliens combined? Im guessing it's less than 300.

I've heard the number 76 for Full Throttle thrown around by several people, but I'm not sure of the source. Under 100 Full Throttles in any event.

Funny enough I have two friends that one because 7 or 8 of them were sold at TPF back in 2016 so there are a lot near me. It's a fun game with unique geometries and a cool layout. The theme isn't my cup of tea, but it's a cool game.

#14448 6 years ago

Probably a good move on your part. Appreciate the pics and reconfirmed my desire for the LE, with green armor ( which I have skin in, but irrelevant). Don't ever be ashamed to show off a machine, regardless of how " finished it was" when you got it. Certainly the best visual I've seen regarding this model to date.

Seems there was another standard delivered to a home just before these pics were posted. It's slow going ( probable cash related, but I don't know that for a fact..could be resource, manpower, etc.). I do know I want one, and am happy he shared his with us. The rest will just happen.....feels like a lot of moving pieces in play here.

I'm going to take a nap.....just looked out the window....the sky isn't falling, just a dreary day.

#14449 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You seemed to be labouring under the delusion that I specifically tried to clarify the legalities of vis-a-vis solvency yesterday, whilst being worried about your order. I tried to offer you some advice privately.
I haven't e-mailed you at all, either, and after an initial brief message, I simply replied to your responses. You expressed much greater doubt about HW and the situation than you publicly did here, remember. Do as you wish.

I have expressed a LOT of doubt here.....and yes you responded to my messages, but you started by PM'ing me first, and kept responding with advice to pull my money no matter what I said. I can take care of my own finances and if there is a lesson to be learned, then I am big enough to do that on my own as well.

#14450 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

People wouldn't have to ask for refunds if they had their games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...or waited for games to exist before coughing up deposits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/289?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.