pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 601.
#14001 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Sorry you see it that way,... I wish Andrew/Heighway the best of luck and I do sincerely hope people actually get their games. I really do.

No worries. I hope we get our games too.

#14002 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

There are a number of other people in the same boat as me, but they aren't posting. As i said before, my inbox got flooded with stories and messages regarding a lot of things once i posted that i asked for a refund. However, most of them are not posting, and i'm starting to see why they don't bother. If you say anything bad about Heighway, you get attacked. Fun.

Throwing my support behind this post. I'm one of those in the "waiting for refund" boat and have generally stopped posting in this thread because I'm sick of people who just want their money back in a reasonable time-frame being attacked.

#14003 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Sorry you see it that way, as i stated before, i posted so that people would know what they are getting into. If they are comfortable with the delays, more power to them, but I feel you should have all the facts if you want to get in on a preorder.
I was actually responding to someones post regarding the business, and i stated it was my opinion/thoughts.
I have stated before that I do like Alien and I do want Heighway to ship games. So that whole conspiracy theory that people are buying in and then backing out to try and tank the company is just f'n ridiculous. I would sure hope people have better things to do with their time.
I'm sorry, but you cannot tell me a single person thinks 30+ days for a refund is acceptable, what other transaction or purchase have you ever made in your life where that was ok. The obvious dodging of people asking for refunds and clearly not having the money to refund, if that isn't alarming to people, then i guess it is what it is. Not to mention the publicly available financial status of the company. Whatever.
There are a number of other people in the same boat as me, but they aren't posting. As i said before, my inbox got flooded with stories and messages regarding a lot of things once i posted that i asked for a refund. However, most of them are not posting, and i'm starting to see why they don't bother. If you say anything bad about Heighway, you get attacked. Fun.
Life is short, i have better things to do with my time than argue with asshats on PinSide regarding Heighway. I've tried to make information available for people thinking about getting in. I'm done with this thread. I'll post when/if i get my refund, but other than that, I'm moving on.
I wish Andrew/Heighway the best of luck and I do sincerely hope people actually get their games regardless of whether i agree or disagree with how the business is run. I really do.

I hope you get your refund soon.
That is my biggest hate on Pinside is the constant bickering. I just wanna talk pinball man!!!

#14004 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Throwing my support behind this post. I'm one of those in the "waiting for refund" boat and have generally stopped posting in this thread because I'm sick of people who just want their money back in a reasonable time-frame being attacked.

The people that want their $$$ back should get it promptly and the people that want the games they paid for should get those hopefully faster.

Nobody should be attacking anybody here other than Andrew.

I like Andrew but when you take people's $$$ and make representations that aren't true consistently then you have to step up and take the heat. Sometimes Andrew has done that.

However, Andrew, at this point, you need to start providing at least weekly "briefings" on status and WHY things are being delayed and WHEN issues are going to be taken care of. The following week, review the progress and tell us where we stand AGAIN.

The mistake we made with Jpop was just letting it go, on and on.

How about some answers on HOW you plan on ramping up production. Employees on the line. Status of current funding, etc.

#14005 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

That is my biggest hate on Pinside is the constant bickering. I just wanna talk pinball man!!!

Unfortunately how it is on almost every new title in some way, shape, or form. I generally go to the TAF, TZ, or WCS club threads when I want a non combative read.

There are valid points that members want to get out, all the way to pure, irrational hate geared towards pinsiders at times. Hopefully, the latter will be cyclic in nature and calm down, when (if), cash, quality, code, delivery, etc. issues finally stabilize.

Most of it doesn't bother me until we start going after each other for no good reason.

#14006 6 years ago

We collectively need to stop sending large quantities of cash to all the manufacturers. This desire to have a game with a .50 cent number on it is insane. Make a product then sell it. We send people money and human nature takes over. That's why we have credit cards. When you have a large sum of money out there then tempers rise. Stop preordering and that would take away a lot of heat on here and make manufacturers do what they need to do. Everybody wants to be the first and a fool and his money have become easy targets in pinball. People are even on Craigslist and eBay scamming people nowadays. The word is out people into pinball have money and blind desire and probably very little street smarts.

#14007 6 years ago

Pinball is a hell of a drug. Hi I'm Buzz and I'm an addict.

#14008 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only game that flows better would be Full Throttle!
The geometry on Heighway games is 2 for 2 so far as the best flowing games ever built. They get the added benefit of no micoswitches or through holes in ball paths so the flow maintains speed. You dont realize the impact of microswitches till you play a Heighway pin with inductive switches and then you realize! WOW!!

That might be true. I've only played it once, and watched up close as a friend played it, both at Allentown. We both thought the flow was a little unusual in that no orbit shots returned to a flipper as far as our experience and recollection. Is that accurate? It's kind of weird that way.

#14009 6 years ago

Saw this on imgur today and thought it was cool enough to post here.

yBfZnxU.jpgyBfZnxU.jpg

#14010 6 years ago

Covenant 12 pm showing. On the way

#14011 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I'm sorry, but you cannot tell me a single person thinks 30+ days for a refund is acceptable, what other transaction or purchase have you ever made in your life where that was ok.

However, married people are perfectly fine with 30+ days for a refund.

#14012 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm sure I remember seeing a vid with Andrew discussing a machine they had in one of his mini factory tour videos, that has enabled them to print the games plastics in house, sure he holds up a sheet of the games plastics and says something about a few extra plastics/key fobs
It's always nice to get a few promo plastics with a NIB game to use as a keychain. Anyone with a production game able to confirm what's in the Alien "goodie" bag?

No date on the one that comes with the game.

IMG_2933 (resized).JPGIMG_2933 (resized).JPG

#14013 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Covenant 12 pm showing. On the way

I saw it last night and I give it a 6.5

#14014 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Just saw it with the wifey... I'd give it a 7/10. Decent enough for $5.70 tickets.

#14015 6 years ago

IMG_2903 (resized).JPGIMG_2903 (resized).JPG

#14016 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Do either of you know the voltage going to the flashers? Did I miss it?

Yes, Ill be posting in the 'owners' thread from now on:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable

#14017 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

out of 6 ???

#14018 6 years ago

Can anybody directly help me please? Want to play the game but I need to adjust the PF screen. Don't know how to do it. Somebody wrote something about the foam being used but I cannot find it.

HELP you Alien owner ! For god's sake!

#14019 6 years ago

Sadly no but also not out of 100

#14020 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I thought Prometheus was better..sorry...

#14021 6 years ago

EEEEEEEEEEEEE....... NOT GETTING GOOD REVIEWS......

#14022 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Can anybody directly help me please? Want to play the game but I need to adjust the PF screen. Don't know how to do it. Somebody wrote something about the foam being used but I cannot find it.
HELP you Alien owner ! For god's sake!

Four Phillips head screw under the playfield on corners of LCD frame. Easy to adjust. Hard to adjust it just right. I had to add lock washers to the screws to get it to hold.

#14023 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Four Phillips head screw under the playfield on corners of LCD frame. Easy to adjust. Hard to adjust it just right. I had to add lock washers to the screws to get it to hold.

Thanks!

Now I tried to play. When I shoot the ball into the airlock scoop the ball stays in there. No mode starts. Ball doesn't come out. Flipper buttons, start button and everything not working

What to do???

#14024 6 years ago

sounds like you lost power to all coils... is the coin door open? that sometimes kills power to all high powered coils for safety....

Quoted from lamihh:

Thanks!
Now I tried to play. When I shoot the ball into the airlock scoop the ball stays in there. No mode starts. Ball doesn't come out. Flipper buttons, start button and everything not working
What to do???

#14025 6 years ago

Have the same phenomenon when the ball goes out through the main flipper fingers. Nothing happens. As in the test menus everything is working my friend says it's gotta do with the software. Mine says software date 11.05.2017 V0.9

#14026 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought Prometheus was better..sorry...

Worse than that dumpster fire??? No way...can't possibly be.

#14027 6 years ago

Coming soon!!!

DSC_0721 (resized).JPGDSC_0721 (resized).JPG

#14028 6 years ago

Well I was disappointed and might agree with Ted although not quite that bad

Predictable and just not scary at all

#14029 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Predictable and just not scary at all

How Aliens rocked our world so long ago. Here is a clip from Roger Ebert back when Aliens just came out.

At least the pinball covers the 2 best of the series.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 4.33.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-20 at 4.33.18 PM (resized).png

#14030 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

How Aliens rocked our world so long ago. Here is a clip from Roger Ebert back when Aliens just came out.
At least the pinball covers the 2 best of the series.

Wow being a kid of the 90s it's interesting to see the take on Aliens when it was released. I remember watching Alien & Aliens way before I should have and Alien scared the hell out of me kept pausing it and going back to it, while Aliens scared me a little but I just couldn't stop watching it I was like a kid on a sugar rush scene after scene.

But they where both pretty much par for the course at the time with a lot of the hyper/ott macho violence of the late 80s early 90s being the majority of my movie experiences. Funny seeing a reviewers take nearly 10 years before my own generations take on the films, me and my friends definitely "enjoyed" both movies immensely as did most of my school.

Back on topic of pinball Alien was one of the best licences Heighway could have picked up to get them on the map in a big way, if they can get mass production up and running asap and game #3 has a killer licence (would love to see a T1/T2 pin) it will make Heighway a big player.

#14031 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Have the same phenomenon when the ball goes out through the main flipper fingers. Nothing happens. As in the test menus everything is working my friend says it's gotta do with the software. Mine says software date 11.05.2017 V0.9

Andrew may be releasing these games to soon. Has there been ANY game that has not needed a TON of tweaks and fixes right out of the box? Or is quality control just that bad?

#14032 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

You may have a short causing loss of power at 70v. Open game, remove balls, lift playfield, close coin door. Check the 70v fuse section and see if they are lit as bright as the 12 v section. If not, at least on my game I had a short in the side panel LED strip. They are connected on the lower left area of bottom of driver board. Disconnected it and it was fine. But check those leds under the fuses first with coin door shut to get a better idea. Also just check what type of switch is in the scoop and see if it's connected properly or something just came off. But having nothing work tells me it's more than that switch.

#14034 6 years ago

I don't trust any of that info. Def not audited.

Andrew asked for $$$ last year before expo stating our pins were ready for the initial phase of production.

Some people paid in full to go to the front of the line. Why not just tell the truth? Early supporters should have been at the top of the list, period. Then, when it actually true that games are ready to be produced then ask for the $$$.

#14035 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't trust any of that info. Def not audited.
Andrew asked for $$$ last year before expo stating our pins were ready for the initial phase of production.
Some people paid in full to go to the front of the line. Why not just tell the truth? Early supporters should have been at the top of the list, period. Then, when it actually true that games are ready to be produced then ask for the $$$.

With what you've said it would make sense.
Available funds $10,216
Net worth $230,605
Liabilities(money owing) $484,216

#14036 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That might be true. I've only played it once, and watched up close as a friend played it, both at Allentown. We both thought the flow was a little unusual in that no orbit shots returned to a flipper as far as our experience and recollection. Is that accurate? It's kind of weird that way.

that is inaccurate. There are up-post that can act as diverters from each orbit. Depending on the mode you are in or objective you are shooting for, the post will go up to either stop the ball or stay down to have it scream past. You were likely in a mode where you want the ball diverted to pops to either hit the pops or to help set up an upper right flipper shot. The code is sophisticated in this sense and the posts work very well. With the limited play I can see how you would miss this/ be in a single mode which diverted.

#14037 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

With what you've said it would make sense.
Available funds $10,216
Net worth $230,605
Liabilities(money owing) $484,216

lol. you are quoting non-audited data, from a secondary source that is over a year old...

#14038 6 years ago

It's simply an open source provided by the government that shows the company annual return filed by Andrew. Nothing more and nothing less. 2017 will be available end of Q4.

#14039 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Then, when it actually true that games are ready to be produced then ask for the $$$.

100% agree this is how it should be. But then no one in their right mind would pay upfront and Heighway would have no money.

#14040 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Andrew may be releasing these games to soon. Has there been ANY game that has not needed a TON of tweaks and fixes right out of the box? Or is quality control just that bad?

Check the Stern threads..."tweaks" are not unique to Heighway for a NIB game. Good grief.

#14041 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Good grief Ted. You really have a bone to pick with Heighway it seems and honestly you just look silly.

Why dont you fly over to Madison and we can hang out? I can lift up the hood of a bunch of new games and walk you through the things that show the quality of the build of Heighway games relative to others. I think it would be eye opening to you to see with your own eyes and get a real understanding of the value and quality comparisons in both the engineering/design and actual build out.

#14042 6 years ago

Covenant was nearly as bad as Alien Ressurrction to me. Makes the series look like it needs to be retired. Still excited as hell to finally play (and likely order) the pin, however. So glad they stuck to just the first two films for it.

#14043 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Covenant was nearly as bad as Alien Ressurrction to me. Makes the series look like it needs to be retired. Still excited as hell to finally play (and likely order) the pin, however. So glad they stuck to just the first two films for it.

Completely agree. my take: With some difficulty, it managed to clear the relatively low bar of becoming the third best film in the series.

The continuation of some of the thematic stuff that was going on in Prometheus was disappointing.

Still can't wait for the game! (well, I CAN, but I won't enjoy it. )

#14044 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol. you are quoting non-audited data, from a secondary source that is over a year old...

It is indeed non-audited, due to the exemption that small companies are afforded. That does not however mean that the directors of the company are not legally obliged to file accurate accounts at Companies House, which they are. As the only director of HW Pinball, Andrew is entirely responsible for filing these accounts accurately. Notice the highlighting. Doesn't get much more primary than that.

Given the above, are you still going to imply that they are inaccurate, or misrepresent the company's solvency, or cast doubt on their veracity?

Also, the accounts are the most recently available.

1 (resized).PNG1 (resized).PNG
2 (resized).PNG2 (resized).PNG

#14045 6 years ago

sell pinballs and have all your private info and laundry put out on pinside.
guys i am fully paid for my le. i got an invoice last year asking for payment and i sent it in. waiting for the call and i am gonna pay for whatever extras i want. i am waiting patiently, if my game is not delivered this year i will be getting worried. this year is flying by and we are almost in june. for me its fair to give andrew and heighway a few more months to get set up so i can get a game that isnt rushed and gonna need a ton of work.
i am seeing pins getting delivered there is light at the end of the tunnel.

#14046 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

100% agree this is how it should be. But then no one in their right mind would pay upfront and Heighway would have no money.

Haha yep, he put himself in a position to have to lie about the status of "production ready" to raise $$$ to actually get some production going.

It's taking so long now that some people are asking for refunds and other long long term supporters like myself won't send in any additional funds until the reality of ramped up production occurs.

It shouldn't be incumbent upon pinheads to fund this project to get it done. And those that have been there from day one shouldn't have to pay the price because others are willing to fully fund it and go to the front of the line. It's NOT what our contract says with Heighway.

Either way, its the reality after many years of creating two pinball machines and the first one in FT, another unlicensed theme, not selling well.

Andrew has a home run on his hands. I hope he can execute the ramp up eventually, much sooner than later. Maybe 3rd party funding is in the works, it shouldn't have to be on the backs of pinheads.

#14047 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am seeing pins getting delivered there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree. Officially not vaporware any longer. There's cash out there to be taken in from new machine sales, playfield kits to be sold to the Full Throttle owners (me included), it is a desirable title, and even if it isn't a title for everyone (what is?) it's been favorably received and there is money to be made finally.

#14048 6 years ago

Sideshow Collectibles New Topper!

alien-gigers-alien-life-size-replica-cool-props-feature-903024 (resized).jpgalien-gigers-alien-life-size-replica-cool-props-feature-903024 (resized).jpg

#14049 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sell pinballs and have all your private info and laundry put out on pinside.
guys i am fully paid for my le. i got an invoice last year asking for payment and i sent it in.

Exactly, the more up front and honest the better, especially when they are asking for our $$$ up front.

When i got the request for funds last year and i called to find out how to send in funds, the people accepting funds and the methods changed during that time. Decided to wait until more clarity and details on ultimate LE delivery would occur. We have the artwork now and some standards going out.

When Andrew completes his task and job on his end, actually getting my LE ready for production, then my $$ goes in. Still has a lot to prove.

#14050 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Sideshow Collectibles New Topper!

And only $1799!!! Whatta bargain!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/281 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.