By HeighwayPinball

2 years ago

Stats

• Started 2 years ago
  • 14,069 posts
  • 778 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Stones

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
git er done (resized).jpg
IMG_2612 (resized).JPG
creeper photo (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
alien-gigers-alien-life-size-replica-cool-props-903024-09 (resized).jpg
alien-gigers-alien-life-size-replica-cool-props-feature-903024 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).PNG
1 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 4.33.18 PM (resized).png

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14069 posts in topic. You are on page 280 of 283.
#13951 4 days ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I have been in since the first week and am paid in full. I am thinking of selling my spot/machine to get a Dialed In.
Getting a refund sounds difficult, maybe I should wait till my machine is about to ship and sell then.
I am suppose to be in the first group of LE's.
What to do...what to do???

You'd get a refund before you get a LE most likely, even with how long it takes. If you have been in since the beginning, you have been pretty patient. I would imagine LE's would ship this year at least. Compared to how long you've waited, not much longer.

But yeah, a lot of games coming out this year.

#13952 4 days ago

Standard version is available and ready to be shipped? What do you think of the game Alien's owners? Does the flow is good?

#13953 4 days ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Standard version is available and ready to be shipped? What do you think of the game Alien's owners? Does the flow is good?

Loving mine.

#13954 4 days ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

only game that flows better would be Full Throttle!

The geometry on Heighway games is 2 for 2 so far as the best flowing games ever built. They get the added benefit of no micoswitches or through holes in ball paths so the flow maintains speed. You dont realize the impact of microswitches till you play a Heighway pin with inductive switches and then you realize! WOW!!

#13955 4 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The geometry on Heighway games is 2 for 2 so far as the best flowing games ever built. They get the added benefit of no micoswitches or through holes in ball paths so the flow maintains speed. You dont realize the impact of microswitches till you play a Heighway pin with inductive switches and then you realize! WOW!!

Well then, you'd have to add Vacation America to that list....no microswitches there....all optical.

#13956 4 days ago

Is the ball action in the pops any more lively than before?

In the videos I've seen, the pops were either weak or too far apart, allowing the ball to almost immediately fall out with very little action.

#13957 4 days ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I got confirmation about a week later after emailing back/forth with Andrew directly. Beyond the initial generic email that a bunch of us got (that you referenced), I wasn't really given any timeline.
I don't believe the other guys got theirs, otherwise I would have heard through PM's.

I'm still waiting on my refund as well. When I asked for a status update Heighway did not respond.

#13958 4 days ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I have been in since the first week and am paid in full. I am thinking of selling my spot/machine to get a Dialed In.

How is that even an option? Dialed in looks like a game for pre-teen girls.

#13959 4 days ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Standard version is available and ready to be shipped?

No.

You can only pre-order right now. It will be a very long time before anyone has stock just sitting around waiting for an order. Currently there is a large backorder of both SE's and LE's. Games are starting to trickle out a little faster though.

#13960 4 days ago

I'm really surprised that people are backing out NOW when they are that pins are actually shipping now. I don't get it...wait for two years plus, then when you see if start to ship...ok, I'm out....weird, but to each his own.

Brian

#13961 4 days ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Getting a refund sounds difficult, maybe I should wait till my machine is about to ship and sell then.
I am suppose to be in the first group of LE's.
What to do...what to do???

Only you can decide Doug but to me Alien looks like a MUCH better game...all the way around.

#13962 4 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It's ironic?

Quoted from Astropin:

No.
You can only pre-order right now. It will be a very long time before anyone has stock just sitting around waiting for an order. Currently there is a large backorder of both SE's and LE's. Games are starting to trickle out a little faster though.

Ok. You can order full price on the website, i don't really understand, some Pinsiders have a machine but now it's out of stock? Sorry i didn't read all the topic.

#13963 4 days ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Ok. You can order full price on the website, i don't really understand, some Pinsiders have a machine but now it's out of stock? Sorry i didn't read all the topic.

You can pay full price and get moved towards the front of the line but you are still going to have to wait. They are being made...just slowly.

#13964 4 days ago

Ok thanks! I can understand it's a small factory, for now.
I'll be happy to have some ratings and complete review from owners.

#13965 4 days ago
Quoted from conester:

I'm really surprised that people are backing out NOW when they are that pins are actually shipping now. I don't get it...wait for two years plus, then when you see if start to ship...ok, I'm out....weird, but to each his own.

I'm not sure why its that weird? A lot changes in two years and even though games just starting to trickling out, I wouldn't expect one for most pre-order people until winter. There's a bunch of new games out since people have put deposits down that weren't in the equation 1-3 years ago. For me, I just want to see SW first since we are this close anyway. Quality issues aside, there's a real possibility that people could get a SW in their gameroom before Alien, even if they've had cash down for 2 years.

#13966 4 days ago
Quoted from conester:

Brian

Only you can decide when enough is enough for you. There have been numerous delays, some people just get tired of it. It's a personal decision and no one should be judged for it or how they want to spend their money.

As for people backing out affecting the business that's poor business planning in my opinion. You should have accounted for that in the business plan. As times/dates slip, people are going to get frustrated, and people will want out.

Fool me once...etc

#13967 4 days ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm not sure why its that weird? A lot changes in two years and even though games just starting to trickling out, I wouldn't expect one for most pre-order people until winter. There's a bunch of new games out since people have put deposits down that weren't in the equation 1-3 years ago. For me, I just want to see SW first since we are this close anyway. Quality issues aside, there's a real possibility that people could get a SW in their gameroom before Alien, even if they've had cash down for 2 years.

I agree, I ordered a AFMr LE within the last week and I'm willing to bet I take delivery on it before I get my full refund.

#13968 4 days ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I agree, I ordered a AFMr LE within the last week and I'm willing to bet I take delivery on it before I get my full refund.

Quoted from chrisnack:

AFMr LE within the last week

I'm in on that as well. Can't wait. I get the feeling we will have our games this summer. One thing I'm finding is that I don't have long term patience for pre-orders. Unless they truly look like they will be shipping within the next 3 months, I likely stay away from them moving forward.

#13969 4 days ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm in on that as well. Can't wait. I get the feeling we will have our games this summer. One thing I'm finding is that I don't have long term patience for pre-orders. Unless they truly look like they will be shipping within the next 3 months, I likely stay away from them moving forward.

I'm the same, I'm not comfortable waiting 6+ months. That being said, i had spoke with Heighway around delivery times before I ordered. I do think i would have gotten my game eventually, but I wasn't comfortable with the timeframe and situation anymore, and that's why asked for a refund.

I feel much more confident in AFMr, but this isn't the thread for those discussions. I'm also only in for a deposit versus I was paid in full for Alien, and I went through a reputable company i've done business with in the past for my deposit instead of direct.

I've had plenty of conversations with Heighway over the past month and I do think they'll ship games eventually, so I hope that they do deliver and continue shipping games for all the people waiting. I'm not sure they will meet the timelines people are thinking, but games will continue to trickle out. (based on my own thoughts/information, not something they told me)

#13970 4 days ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Ordered!!! Thanks libtech!!! Look forward to the update on how they work and how to hook em up

Do either of you know the voltage going to the flashers? Did I miss it?

#13971 4 days ago

If I got the monitor installed in the backglass, do you still get the artwork?

#13972 4 days ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

If I got the monitor installed in the backglass, do you still get the artwork?

This should be a sticky.

#13973 4 days ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Only you can decide when enough is enough for you. There have been numerous delays, some people just get tired of it. It's a personal decision and no one should be judged for it or how they want to spend their money.
As for people backing out affecting the business that's poor business planning in my opinion. You should have accounted for that in the business plan. As times/dates slip, people are going to get frustrated, and people will want out.
Fool me once...etc

Says the guy who paid in full and then within a couple weeks of doing so asks for a refund. Come on man.

#13974 4 days ago

I think it would be prudent at this time for either Andrew or Cointaker to chime in. People are getting antsy and other's are bailing out to buy other pins. Not good. Just a very simple update stating, "we're building X machines daily and shipping out the same". Right now, if one was to place an order, there is NO IDEA on when to expect it. Not good business form, IMO.

#13975 4 days ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Great news, Andrew promised 5 of the first 10 games were shipping to us this week. Been some delays, glad to hear he has games shipping!

Great news! Are these 5 en route via air freight now?

#13976 3 days ago
Quoted from sed6:

Do either of you know the voltage going to the flashers? Did I miss it?

Lol I am just impulsive like many other pinsiders... lol.... I'm really just banking on someone figuring it out eventually and posting...

#13977 3 days ago
Quoted from Norm:

I think it would be prudent at this time for either Andrew or Cointaker to chime in. People are getting antsy and other's are bailing out to buy other pins. Not good. Just a very simple update stating, "we're building X machines daily and shipping out the same". Right now, if one was to place an order, there is NO IDEA on when to expect it. Not good business form, IMO.

Ya I haven't heard anything about my game from nitro in Canada either.... it sucks... but what can you do... im still in for this game but I will NEVER do this again.... if I can't get a game within the week I won't prepay.... but that said; I can't wait!!!

#13978 3 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How is that even an option? Dialed in looks like a game for pre-teen girls.

I am concerned that Heighway can pull off good code, well made, and good shooting game. I will ride it out for now but, I love WOZ and Hobbit so I am pretty sure I will like DI.

#13979 3 days ago

How do you survive trickling games out with Skitb and old dude putting these pins together? I don't get it.

#13980 3 days ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

can pull off good code, well made, and good shooting game

Doug(Kurt), these are already accomplished and IMO they blew it out of the park.

The only thing left is can they mass produce with a quick enough timeframe to keep the pin buying community happy.

Seriously, code is already very good, game is EXTREMELY well made, and it shoots like a dream.

#13981 3 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

quick enough timeframe to keep the pin buying community happy.

the new shiny thing syndrome easily distracts....squirrel!

#13982 3 days ago

Just sit back, enjoy your summer and let them build the games. Everyone is so damn impatient. If you don't want to have all the money tied up, then just pay the deposit. Relax, breath....They'll ship your game eventually.....Hell, check that.....no they won't......Everyone bail so I can get mine sooner!!!

Brian

#13983 3 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you survive trickling games out with Skitb and old dude putting these pins together? I don't get it.

By spending other people's money silly...

#13984 3 days ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Says the guy who paid in full and then within a couple weeks of doing so asks for a refund. Come on man.

Maybe you should have the facts before you open your big mouth.

Trust me I have very valid reasons as to why I backed out but I was asked to keep conversations confidential and I will honor that, so don't bother asking.

#13985 3 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You can pay full price and get moved towards the front of the line but you are still going to have to wait. They are being made...just slowly.

Which is a bunch of F ing BS imo.

I don't really care when/if they get out after all the delays at this point but to ask for FULL payment to go to the front of the line on the LE's when you are clearly nowhere near ready for "production" of said LE's is a F ing joke!!!!

#13986 3 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't really care when/if they get out after all the delays at this point but to ask for FULL payment to go to the front of the line on the LE's when you are clearly nowhere near ready for "production" of said LE's is a F ing joke!!!!

Ice, I agree with you on a lot of things, but in this case just stand back and look at this objectively. He is not forcing anyone to pay in full, and if you are ordering an Alien, then you are most likely an informed buyer. So with that said, I would not blame Andrew for asking, but rather the folks that threw the money on the table. With TBL, JPOP and others out there, I have no idea why anyone would pay in full ahead of time, no matter how stable the company is. If folks are that eager to plunk down 8K on something sight unseen (I have done it too) then they know the risks, and I cannot blame Heighway at all for the strategy he is using.

#13987 3 days ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If folks are that eager to plunk down 8K on something sight unseen (I have done it too) then they know the risks, and I cannot blame Heighway at all for the strategy he is using.

I totally get the strategy he is using. For me, putting down a $1500 deposit on day one and based on terms of having your pin "ready for production" to pay the next payment is fine.

Clearly he is FAR from "ready for production" of the LE's and has simply misrepresented the status for years now.

I like Andrew and I get it and I want Alien to succeed so i can forgive the lies all along the way and such BUT, its a JJP $$ grab strategy by coaxing LE guys to the front of the line if they pay in full. Been there and done that.

That is BS and he knows it. It is what it is though.

#13988 3 days ago

Got a keychain, now just need a key! And a game Called Heighway two days ago and was told mine is in the next group of 25 to ship

20170519_232025 (resized).jpg

#13989 3 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah...I wasn't really talking about the LE's.

#13990 3 days ago

Everybody just calm down...

titanic-panic (resized).jpg

#13991 3 days ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Maybe you should have the facts before you open your big mouth.
Trust me I have very valid reasons as to why I backed out but I was asked to keep conversations confidential and I will honor that, so don't bother asking.

My big mouth? Really? I asked you a simple direct question 11 days back and you pulled up your skirt and ran away from this thread with out responding, all the while jibber jabbering on other threads since.

I didn't comment about it though until you appeared back in this thread today doing the exact same thing you were doing before.

And I didn't pay in full then yank the money right back out and run my mouth non stop about the woes of getting back my money and actively trying to discourage buyers, did I?

It's been 11 days since you posted you got your confirmation for your refund and all you've been doing is running your mouth about the sky is falling innuendo and doom to stir fake shit up. My big mouth, ...please.

#13992 3 days ago
Quoted from sed6:

Got a keychain, now just need a key! And a game Called Heighway two days ago and was told mine is in the next group of 25 to ship

When does the first group of 25 ship?

#13993 3 days ago
Quoted from sed6:

The sheer irony that your keychain says "Shipping 2016" and you mention yours is about to ship.........in 2017.

#13994 3 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

The sheer irony that your keychain says "Shipping 2016" and you mention yours is about to ship.........in 2017.

I saw the irony too. But I've got a dozen or so for all my pins and vids and they are all sales flyers. I bet, I hope, that's the last time Heighway puts a date on a sales flyer.

Quoted from Toads:

When does the first group of 25 ship?

I was told that the first 25 have shipped already and they are working in the next 25.

#13995 3 days ago
Quoted from sed6:

I'm sure I remember seeing a vid with Andrew discussing a machine they had in one of his mini factory tour videos, that has enabled them to print the games plastics in house, sure he holds up a sheet of the games plastics and says something about a few extra plastics/key fobs

It's always nice to get a few promo plastics with a NIB game to use as a keychain. Anyone with a production game able to confirm what's in the Alien "goodie" bag?

#13996 3 days ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I asked you a simple direct question 11 days back

What question? I have been reading posts but I apparently missed that.

And yes i refrained from posting in this thread for the most part because of shit like this. Some of you are just out to attack anyone that isn't all rainbows about Heighway or Alien.

If you don't want to hear from me, tell Heighway to give me money back and I'll be done with this thread and people like you. Except I'm far from the only one waiting for their money...

#13997 3 days ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Are you one of the guys that recently bought an Alien and within a couple weeks of having done so asked for a refund? It's hard to keep track but I remember a couple buyers like that posting a lot as of late.

This question? What was the point of responding to this as you are making it clear your opinion on this.

Yes I ordered and then when timelines and promised dates weren't met repeatedly, I requested a cancellation of my order.

#13998 3 days ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

This question? What was the point of responding to this as you are making it clear your opinion on this.

I don't think I was the only one with an opinion.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Theres a few unnamed Devils stirring the Pot too....

Quoted from way2wyrd:

You want a conspiracy theroy? I wonder how many put in money with no intention of ever buying and the express purpose of pulling out to make the company fail.
Ive been in since it was announced and have no intentions of pulling out.
Chil and wait ,pull out , i give a shit just STFU.
-Jeff

Quoted from chrisnack:

And yes i refrained from posting in this thread for the most part because of shit like this. Some of you are just out to attack anyone that isn't all rainbows about Heighway or Alien.

I wasn't attacking you, I was defending myself. I am unaccustomed to being called someone with a "big mouth."
You just come off as someone that is posting to stir shit. What's telling is this little recent gem.

Quoted from chrisnack:

Fool me once...etc

Who are you responding to? You're answering a question no one asked. Your talking about it because that's what's in your head/what your thinking. Don't tell me you were responding to way2wrd's conspiracy theory post from over 480 posts prior. Very telling if you ask me.

#14000 3 days ago

Sorry you see it that way, as i stated before, i posted so that people would know what they are getting into. If they are comfortable with the delays, more power to them, but I feel you should have all the facts if you want to get in on a preorder.

I was actually responding to someones post regarding the business, and i stated it was my opinion/thoughts.

I have stated before that I do like Alien and I do want Heighway to ship games. So that whole conspiracy theory that people are buying in and then backing out to try and tank the company is just f'n ridiculous. I would sure hope people have better things to do with their time.

I'm sorry, but you cannot tell me a single person thinks 30+ days for a refund is acceptable, what other transaction or purchase have you ever made in your life where that was ok. The obvious dodging of people asking for refunds and clearly not having the money to refund, if that isn't alarming to people, then i guess it is what it is. Not to mention the publicly available financial status of the company. Whatever.

There are a number of other people in the same boat as me, but they aren't posting. As i said before, my inbox got flooded with stories and messages regarding a lot of things once i posted that i asked for a refund. However, most of them are not posting, and i'm starting to see why they don't bother. If you say anything bad about Heighway, you get attacked. Fun.

Life is short, i have better things to do with my time than argue with asshats on PinSide regarding Heighway. I've tried to make information available for people thinking about getting in. I'm done with this thread. I'll post when/if i get my refund, but other than that, I'm moving on.

I wish Andrew/Heighway the best of luck and I do sincerely hope people actually get their games regardless of whether i agree or disagree with how the business is run. I really do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 140.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 71.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 159.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 14069 posts in topic. You are on page 280 of 283.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.