• 24,887 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by EalaDubhSidhe
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,874 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7F4123F8-8391-4ECE-AF11-E962ADD02580 (resized).jpeg
C653BBEA-0D6A-4AB8-B747-8AB03D8AB9A9 (resized).jpeg
A15EC5AF-B8AF-4747-B4C0-E2FF4E306E55 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6913 (resized).JPG
DSCN6918 (resized).JPG
DSCN6921 (resized).JPG
518EA3E1-9B40-4D09-9AF3-D08B83ACA387 (resized).jpeg
EC6E7BFE-1F99-4FAB-9410-B8F27C37F14C (resized).jpeg
DSCN6926 (resized).JPG
DSCN6925 (resized).JPG
IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
12078675-4704659829489674 (resized).jpg
9A1AD931-4F86-4CAC-A73C-8318A968E54C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24887 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 498.
#13801 2 years ago

Are code updates available to download?

#13802 2 years ago

ferret, what are your favorite 3 pins?

#13803 2 years ago

Can't wait to get mine please post a vid or pics.

#13804 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That other guy must be talking about someone else. Here's my Met Pro w/ Time Bandit's Total Lightshow mod; Hooked spinners wired into Sound Caller board. I have to install the inlane mod for Total Lightshow and install the Premium Rising Cross mech that will be controlled by Time Bandit's system. So lightshow, spinners, rising cross, remove the pinblades & replace with mirror blades. Not a bead in sight.

metallica thread,page 204, post 10164. C'mon man

Screenshot_20170515-185713 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170515-191848 (resized).png

#13805 2 years ago

Oh that? I had made that skull pile for my TFTC a few years ago. Since my TFTC is completely dismantled, I decided to see if I could somehow use the skull pile on Metallica. I took a pic when I was trying it out. I removed it because I didn't like it, but I always have fun trying to create something. I tried a coffin mod like you see there in that pic and also didn't like it enough to keep it. So it appears we have the same taste after all.

#13806 2 years ago

Ya ya..back to aliens. Glad to see them shipping!

#13807 2 years ago

Sorry will post more in the AM
Game is amazing!!

IMG_2416 (resized).JPG

#13808 2 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Sorry will post more in the AM
Game is amazing!!

ooOOoo...beacons!

#13809 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

ferret, what are your favorite 3 pins?

I should say Alien, Alien, and Alien, right?

Probably not what you're asking. So not counting Alien ... LOTR is probably my favorite. Great theme integration (and I've always been a Tolkien fan), seemingly infinite ruleset, awesome music and callouts. Next would probably be AFM. It's fun, fast, shots flow like butter, easy for anyone to understand, and just makes me feel good. After that... perhaps Whirlwind, one of my first loves when I got back into pinball.

But really, it's so hard to pick, if you ask me again in a few weeks I might give you different answers. I love the classic 80's Bally's and Stern's ... Meteor, Nine Ball, Centaur, Fathom, stuff like that. At a show you'll often find me on those era games or EM's that I just don't get to play as much as DMD era stuff but are really fun to shoot. And of course, the real answer is "whatever game I'm playing at the moment, because pinball!"

#13810 2 years ago

More pictures of Aliens, less pictures of a Metallica please. Although that was a pretty epic burn after he pretended to not know what you were talking about.

#13811 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Yeah that's correct
...but still waiting for the refund from COINTAKER as I've just asked for it

any update on that refund from cointaker.

#13812 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

any update on that refund from cointaker.

No actually not. Thanks for reminding me though. Just sent another mail.
They were at a show two weeks ago and wanted to do the refund afterwards. They seem to be very busy

#13813 2 years ago

Shit's getting real

IMG_2174 (resized).JPG

IMG_2175 (resized).JPG

#13814 2 years ago

Peeled like a banana (better to fold and store the cardboard )

IMG_2177 (resized).JPG

#13815 2 years ago

Man that backbox is wayyyyy heavier than expected. Slim like a spring break bitch but definetly weights a lot more than a normal backbox from the old era.
Deeply impressed by the quality so far. Built like a tank.

IMG_2179 (resized).JPG

#13816 2 years ago

Hey cuties!

The facehuggers are pretty big

IMG_2178 (resized).JPG

#13817 2 years ago

That's quite a carpet you've got there!

#13818 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That's quite a carpet you've got there!

Yeah ugly as hell...I love it

#13819 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Man that backbox is wayyyyy heavier than expected. Slim like a spring break bitch but definetly weighs a lot more than a normal backbox from the old era.

Hmmm looks like they indeed used lower profile beacons on the backbox after all. Looks a lot better than the tall skinny ones originally shown.

They don't actually rotate internally do they? That might be asking a little much

Good job HP! I figured that might get lost in the shuffle. Nice to see a company actively working to integrate potential customers suggestions.

#13820 2 years ago

Will try to get it running tonight. Will check the Beacons but it looks as they are rotating inside!

Right now I'm a bit lost to assemble the backbox as I have no help right now and that thing is impressively massive

#13821 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Will try to get it running tonight. Will check the Beacons but it looks as they are rotating inside!
Right now I'm a bit lost to assemble the backbox as I have no help right now and that thing is impressively massive

Yeah man... congrats! Looks great. I'm appropriately jealous right now. Keep us updated.

#13822 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah man... congrats! Looks great. I'm appropriately jealous right now. Keep us updated.

No need for jealousy. Go get one yourself .

Absolute dream theme and I myself was not a big fan of the Playfield art but now when I look at it and the PF being populated with toys and the screen it really looks rad. The airlock screen is bigger as I thought and the xeno head smaller . It fits all together very well. Now I also know what people mean when it comes to the "corroded ramps". Yeah they look kinda "washed out" and I don't think this gets away but it fits to the theme somehow and I personally am fine with it. It definetly is no corrosion though otherwise I would see this as an issue. I have seen this on some flaps on new machines as well (My Hobbit had this as well).

#13823 2 years ago

Looks great - thanks for sharing the pictures, take your time and savour the moment!!

You're in Hamburg? I sometimes travel to Stade to the West of you for work, that's a nice part of Germany

#13825 2 years ago

congrats to those getting games! enjoy!

#13826 2 years ago

Damg Larz, Nice looking RZ!!

#13827 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Damg Larz, Nice looking RZ!!

Thanks, Bro

#13828 2 years ago

Sorry was running late this AM
Will post more in dept tonight

The Polk PSW10 is a a must have on this game

IMG_2400 (resized).JPG

IMG_2401 (resized).JPG

IMG_2402 (resized).JPG

IMG_2406 (resized).JPG

IMG_2423 (resized).JPG

IMG_2429 (resized).JPG

#13829 2 years ago

Hey

Congrats !

Did you protect the scoop or anything? Dunno what/how to do and I am a bit scared something chips off as someone stated here already

@Hilton: Did you do anything/can help us out as an alien expert ?

#13830 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Did you protect the scoop or anything?

I *HIGHLY* recommend putting some mylar at the airlock scoop.

#13831 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

If a new owner doesn't have some mylar available on hand they can go to the craft store and buy some vinyl cling like this. iceman44 gave this tip a while ago and it's a good one.

amazon.com link »

Works really well and I have some protecting my Sparky magnet in Metallica right now until I place my next parts order. This way a new owner can protect that area ASAP and play right away with no worries about chipping.

#13832 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey
Congrats !
Did you protect the scoop or anything? Dunno what/how to do and I am a bit scared something chips off as someone stated here already
@Hilton: Did you do anything/can help us out as an alien expert ?

mylay strip at kickout.

mylar donut around xeno mag on pf

mylar at ball drops

all good

#13833 2 years ago

The Polk PSW10 is a a must have on this game

I think you might be pleasantly surprised as to the amount of bass you're going to get out of the stock speakers and Lepai Amp. I was surprised as to the quality of speakers they included in this little gem. Just note that the small dial by itself on the right side of the amp controls the Sub volume. After tweaking my recently purchased Full Throttle, I actually have to turn the bass down or it rattles the crap out of everything. Unless they changed something in the newer releases of Alien, you might want to hold off on the external sub until you do some proper tweaking with the stock audio. My stock FT actually puts out as much bass and vibrates my hands more than the MET with an external sub under it...or pretty darn close anyway.

#13834 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mylay strip at kickout.
mylar at ball drops
all good

Where can one get a Mylar Donut?

#13835 2 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

I think you might be pleasantly surprised as to the amount of bass you're going to get out of the stock speakers and Lepai Amp. I was surprised as to the quality of speakers they included in this little gem. Just note that the small dial by itself on the left of the amp controls the Sub volume. After tweaking my recently purchased Full Throttle, I actually have to turn the bass down or it rattles the crap out of everything. Unless they changed something in the newer releases of Alien, you might want to hold off on the external sub until you do some proper tweaking with the stock audio.

Oh, its turned up
But sound is night and day with the Polk Attached

#13836 2 years ago

Where can one get a Mylar Donut?

cut it out of a sheet yourself is what I did.

i think pinball restore is where I bought a roll of good mylar

#13837 2 years ago

Oh, its turned up

Congrats on the Alien! A lot of envious Pinsiders in this thread.

What version of code is your game running and is the Xeno head active? Have you noticed any new lighting effects or sound effects with the Xeno? thanks.

#13838 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

cut it out of a sheet yourself is what I did.
i think pinball restore is where I bought a roll of good mylar

Ok, will do
Thanks!!

#13839 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats on the Alien! A lot of envious Pinsiders in this thread.
What version of code is your game running and does the Xeno head active? Have you noticed any new lighting effects or sound effects with the Xeno? thanks.

Will check the code tonight

Zeno works without any issues
Not sure what the old lighting was, but the sequence is pretty intense

#13840 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mylay strip at kickout.
mylar at ball drops
all good

Thanks HILTON and the rest!

Hope my neighbor will come over soon the help me get this baby assembled and running.

Luckily the was some
Mylar coming with my RZ which i could use now as I didn't use it on RZ (the RZ PF seems to be pretty solid). So I will cut something out. As this is my first time of using Mylar here comes a pretty dumb question: I don't know exactly where to put it or how big I should make the Mylar pieces....

#13842 2 years ago

I stuck a piece of mylar overlapping the window/screen...window doesn't get worn and edges less likely to get worn if it goes out of align.

#13843 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Hey

how big must the Mylar piece be and must it be out directly at the hole or with some distance? Sorry for asking such dumbass questions

#13844 2 years ago

Oh, its turned up

What is connected between the sub and the machine?

#13845 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

What is connected between the sub and the machine?

I just hooked in with speaker wire from the sub to the Internal Sub Speaker

#13846 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I stuck a piece of mylar overlapping the window/screen...window doesn't get worn and edges less likely to get worn if it goes out of align.

+10, yes, please others do consider doing this.

If concerned about the visual of the display, then cut the mylar to a picture frame.
Even a hair of raised or lower on the window can cause edge wear fast.

(If you run your hand over and its perfectly smooth, you could be OK)

#13847 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey
how big must the Mylar piece be and must it be out directly at the hole or with some distance? Sorry for asking such dumbass questions

For the scoop, make it extend out approx. 2cm from the hole on all 3 sides, and also down into the scoop to cover the pf wood edge there the width of the pf.

For the magnet, cut a circle that is maybe 2 cm wider in diameter (so it extends 1 cm. out from the magnet edge) than the magnet core itself, apply it centered over the magnet, and then using a razor knife carefully cut away the portion that is covering the magnet (cut in the gap between the magnet core and the pf). First check that the magnet core itself is level with the pf. If it is noticeably higher or lower than the pf, adjust it's height before applying the mylar (some mechanism under the pf for that).

I'd also do the shooter lane, just cut a rectangular piece that covers the section of the lane that the ball shoots into when fed from the trough, including into the trough hole itself as this area gets smashed with the higher power coil they are using there.

For the ramp drops, just cut a small square big enough to cover the precise section where the ball drops from the ramps.

Good luck and congratulations!

#13848 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey cuties!
The facehuggers are pretty big

i like how they superimposed hank from breaking bad on the playfield

fef6cae11a79b7b7690b86c0a647525307fb3618 (resized).jpg

hank350x246 (resized).jpg

#13849 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Man that backbox is wayyyyy heavier than expected. Slim like a spring break bitch but definetly weights a lot more than a normal backbox from the old era.

The weight sure is surprising but then again I most probably think that the backbox display is one of the main culprits that accounts to the heft.
Side note nice house of the dead 4 cab.

#13850 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

and then using a razor knife carefully cut away the portion that is covering the magnet

Could you leave it over the magnet as well?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
14,000 (Firm)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middleborough, MA
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
There are 24887 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 498.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside