DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 601.
#13751 6 years ago

I think the ramps look fine - they are not pitted, or brushed just not a polished surface, so the ball lines show quickly, if it bothers you it would be easy to take them out and bring them to a metal polishing shop

Most of the lane guide metal is a finer finish

#13752 6 years ago

I can't really argue with PoMC here - the ramps on Alien are not polished like what we are used to seeing on other pins. I noticed it, and took some 'Mothers' polish to 'em. They will shine up - but to do it right you will need to disassemble the ramps. For me, it wasn't worth the effort - you really do not notice when you're playing.

#13753 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I can't really argue with PoMC here - the ramps on Alien are not polished like what we are used to seeing on other pins. I noticed it, and took some 'Mothers' polish to 'em. They will shine up - but to do it right you will need to disassemble the ramps. For me, it wasn't worth the effort - you really do not notice when you're playing.

Nostromo is a dirty old bitch. You can be lucky that the ramps aren't rusty like hell. No really: I think the ramps NOT being shiny fits well to the theme

#13754 6 years ago

Fuck yeah!
My Alien machine will be shipped tomorrow (with a few other machines as I was told so production's running)..whoo-hoo!

Will post pictures and Andrew also told me that my machine comes with the new generation Xenomorph-head. I feel like a little boy waiting for X-Mas

#13755 6 years ago
Quoted from Jawa:

I've been told that my Alien will likely ship out this month. Given that I can account for 16 games shipped just from this thread that is believable.

16 games isn't insignificant. It will be better when that number is 160, but its good to see them start to go out.

My Full Throttle, the first one delivered to anyone, was declared at Expo 2014 as completed for shipping by Christmas, was in my house August 2015.

So at least the Aliens are starting to ramp up quicker.

#13756 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll say what I want to say and how I want to say it, thanks.
When I saw the ramps in person at Allentown they looked so worn out and corroded that I assumed they were prototype ramps since Cointaker likely has an early version of the game. I just saw pics of other games that I assumed to be of a later batch of games and the ramps had the same appearance. Hence my question.
Now you say the ramps look industrial, right? Well doesn't "industrial" mean a worn, gritty, corroded, well used appearance? Yeah, so we're both describing the ramps the same, just using different adjectives.

Ummm, maybe you should look up the word "corroded" and learn what it means. The ramps are CLEARLY not corroded in any of those pictures.

#13757 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Nostromo is a dirty old bitch. You can be lucky that the ramps aren't rusty like hell. No really: I think the ramps being shiny fits well to the theme

Extra credit for showing the Xeno head in action with a video. please!

#13758 6 years ago

You're not gonna change his opinion. Of course they are not corroded, they're brand new! Kinda of feeding the troll by responding to him. Same as responding to ANYONE who doesn't think games are being shipped out. Clearly heighway does not post on this thread every time a pin ships out the door. I also think its radd that early owners (Libtech, Pingod& Sunking)are so understanding and helpful to get the bugs sorted out with awesome peeps like Ferret & other game designers! Only gonna make it so much better in the end for all of us! Gotta love 1st world pinball problems!

#13759 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am no expert but they appear to be 304 stainless. That was stamped on the bottom of one of our ramps (maybe another number, but I think it said '304')
They look the same material as other metal ramps we see on games, just less brushing

Check with a magnet. 304 SS is non ferrous.

#13760 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Check with a magnet. 304 SS is non ferrous.

will do next time I am under the glass

#13761 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have a timer on airlock screen for some modes but not others. I assume some aren't timed.

All modes are timed (*), but some are timed in seconds, and others are timed as point value countdowns. The modes with second timers should all show a timer on the Airlock LCD. The modes with point value countdowns currently show the point value on the main screen instead. There's a decent chance this may change a bit once Airlock LCD choreography is finalized, which it certainly is not yet. Either way, all modes should have some indication somewhere that you need to get moving. Please let me know if this is not the case for you.

(* this is only half true for mini-wiz modes)

#13762 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I also think its radd that early owners (Libtech, Pingod& Sunking)are so understanding and helpful to get the bugs sorted out

Wholeheartedly agree, with shout-outs also to tsskinne, WhySnow, and Chris Meyers. The dev team has learned a lot from the feedback and streams of the early owners. We've been consuming every bit of this information to help improve the game as much as possible. It's very much appreciated, y'all.

#13763 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Wholeheartedly agree, with shout-outs also to tsskinne, WhySnow, and Chris Meyers. The dev team has learned a lot from the feedback and streams of the early owners. We've been consuming every bit of this information to help improve the game as much as possible. It's very much appreciated, y'all.

if you guys want another audit dump, just LMK

#13764 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If that's how they're supposed to look, fine, then it's a matter of personal taste if you like the worn out corroded style. I just would expect nice, shiny, clean looking ramps for the price of the game and because they would look terrific. These ramps are dull and worn out looking from where the balls has contact with them, so I don't think it's a style choice and more of a near production prototype ramp. Other metal on the game, not visible to the player, also has the same worn/corroded appearance. So why stylize unseen metal parts too?
Anyway, I'm asking someone who knows, like from Heighway, to comment on my question if these are finished production ramps?

I too crapped on the ramps many pages ago and got lots of thumbs down. I just accept that's the way they are supposed to look and if the majority likes them I'll get used to them.

#13765 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I too crapped on the ramps many pages ago and got lots of thumbs down. I just accept that's the way they are supposed to look and if the majority likes them I'll get used to them.

ya they look unfinished to me... and i dont like the unused "brackets" just sitting on the top of the ramps. But it in no way makes me question buying this beauty of a game. I know that enough people dont like them one of the many modders will make something cool and we will all just throw money at them

#13766 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

ya they look unfinished to me... and i dont like the unused "brackets" just sitting on the top of the ramps. But it in no way makes me question buying this beauty of a game. I know that enough people dont like them one of the many modders will make something cool and we will all just throw money at them

A set of decals could look great, like the snake mod decal for Metallica, which really adds a cool look to the right ramp. But if I saw those ramps on a used game I would be checking the rest of the game very carefully since they appear to have the wear of a few thousand plays on them. Or the look of ramps on a pin that has been sitting in a barn for 15 years.

#13767 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

All modes are timed (*), but some are timed in seconds, and others are timed as point value countdowns. The modes with second timers should all show a timer on the Airlock LCD. The modes with point value countdowns currently show the point value on the main screen instead. There's a decent chance this may change a bit once Airlock LCD choreography is finalized, which it certainly is not yet. Either way, all modes should have some indication somewhere that you need to get moving. Please let me know if this is not the case for you.
(* this is only half true for mini-wiz modes)

Quoted from Ferret:

Firstly thanks for the reply via pm Ferret secondly have you ever coded a pin before? Reading your posts usually more than once to take all the little details that you have added to the code makes me wonder if you have done this before because the code sounds and looks simply brilliant, the accessibility is almost perfect for novices and advance players and the lighting is awesome in particular the self destruct lighting for instant is simply genius!

Any chance you could give us an idea of what you have in store for the improved xeno lighting?

#13768 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Firstly thanks for the reply via pm ferret secondly have you ever coded a pin before? Reading your posts usually more than once to take all the little details that you have added to the code makes me wonder if you have done this before because the code sounds and looks simply brilliant, the accessibility is almost perfect for novices and advance players and the lighting is awesome in particular the self destruct lighting for instant is simply genius!

Yowza, thanks, man... really appreciate the kind words. I might have to frame your message and hang it by my bedside. Of course, most of the credit for what you see and hear in the software belongs to the rest of the team... David Thiel is an audio god and Kelly Mazurowski has been killing it with the animations.

This is the first shipping pinball game I've coded. Awhile ago, I wrote a replacement WPC-compatible framework just for fun. Although I had bigger plans, the only thing I've actually used it for (so far) was to drive my Cashball playfield. You can watch a verrrry dorky video here: <

#13769 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

they appear to have the wear of a few thousand plays on them. Or the look of ramps on a pin that has been sitting in a barn for 15 years.

Quoted from PoMC:

I know not to take anything you say seriously because you really just don't have the answers you think you have.

Irony at it's finest

#13770 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yowza, thanks, man... really appreciate the kind words. I might have to frame your message and hang it by my bedside. Of course, most of the credit for what you see and hear in the software belongs to the rest of the team... David Thiel is an audio god and Kelly Mazurowski has been killing it with the animations.
This is the first shipping pinball game I've coded. Awhile ago, I wrote a replacement WPC-compatible framework just for fun. Although I had bigger plans, the only thing I've actually used it for (so far) was to drive my Cashball playfield. You can watch a verrrry dorky video here: <» YouTube video;

That is awesome! We had one of those slot machine toppers for a little while and were going to bring it to life, but the owner sold it before we got to dig in. Very cool.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13771 6 years ago

Mail came an hour ago ))

Hi Lars,
Great news we have just sent you machine out for shipment. The tracking number for the order is xxx (deleted by myself) this can be checked on the TNT website at www.tnt.com. The machine should be with you in the next few days. We will be in touch with the cost of the shipment in the next few days.

Thank you for your purchase and we hope that you have many years of enjoyment from your Alien Pinball. If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact us.

Morgan Potter | Customer Services Executive
Heighway Pinball

IMG_2095 (resized).JPGIMG_2095 (resized).JPG

#13772 6 years ago

These are shipping? I heard there was no proof they shipped any? Huh.

Happy Friday!

#13773 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Mail came an hour ago ))
Hi Lars,
Great news we have just sent you machine out for shipment. The tracking number for the order is xxx (deleted by myself) this can be checked on the TNT website at http://www.tnt.com. The machine should be with you in the next few days. We will be in touch with the cost of the shipment in the next few days.
Thank you for your purchase and we hope that you have many years of enjoyment from your Alien Pinball. If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact us.
Morgan Potter | Customer Services Executive
Heighway Pinball

congrats and enjoy!

#13774 6 years ago

I was targeting for having a minimum of one machine of each "major manufacturer of nowadays". With RZ, WOZ, GB and Alien there was just TBL missing. Felt forced to ask for a refund CoinTaker for my TBL-preorder a few days ago as I've decided to not ride the rollercoaster any longer. What a pity but Alien frankly speaking is the best machine for me personally when it comes to theme. Having a life size Alien in my lil' home cinema and a life size alien Queen head bursting trough the wall in that room as well you can say I'm an Alien-freak ))

IMG_8137 (resized).JPGIMG_8137 (resized).JPG
IMG_8139 (resized).JPGIMG_8139 (resized).JPG
IMG_0707 (resized).JPGIMG_0707 (resized).JPG
IMG_0710 (resized).JPGIMG_0710 (resized).JPG

#13775 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

I was targeting for having a minimum of one machine of each "major manufacturer of nowadays". With RZ, WOZ, GB and Alien there was just TBL missing. Felt forced to ask for a refund Cointaker a few days ago as I've decided to not ride the rollercoaster any longer. What a pity but Alien frankly speaking is the best machine for me personally when it comes to theme. Having a life size Alien in my lil' home cinema and a life size alien Queen head bursting trough the wall in that room as well you can say I'm an Alien-freak ))

You're asking for a refund? But a couple of posts up you mention it was shipped. I'm confused?

#13776 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You're asking for a refund? But a couple of posts up you mention it was shipped. I'm confused?

He got a refund on TBL, not Alien.

#13777 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

He got a refund on TBL, not Alien.

Yeah that's correct
...but still waiting for the refund from COINTAKER as I've just asked for it

#13778 6 years ago

Life size zenomorph. You qualify as an Alien-freak. That's bad ass!

#13779 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

I was targeting for having a minimum of one machine of each "major manufacturer of nowadays". With RZ, WOZ, GB and Alien there was just TBL missing. Felt forced to ask for a refund Cointaker for my TBL-preorder a few days ago as I've decided to not ride the rollercoaster any longer. What a pity but Alien frankly speaking is the best machine for me personally when it comes to theme. Having a life size Alien in my lil' home cinema and a life size alien Queen head bursting trough the wall in that room as well you can say I'm an Alien-freak ))

That Robocop is pretty cool too. I assume you also have a Robocop pin?

#13780 6 years ago

Has anybody been given an indication of where they sit in the que for the LE production?

#13781 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Has anybody been given an indication of where they sit in the que for the LE production?

I was told I was among the first in line but I didn't ask what number.

#13782 6 years ago

Is it actually possible that we've gone almost an entire day without a post in this thread?

Did everyone get that Ransomware thing that's been going around Europe?

#NeedMyFix

#13783 6 years ago

Happy Mother's Day.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13784 6 years ago

Do we have any confirmation of LE's being produced yet? Or are they all SE to this point?

#13785 6 years ago

note the lady in the background...

#13786 6 years ago

More to come with tonights unboxing!!

IMG_2397 (resized).JPGIMG_2397 (resized).JPG

#13787 6 years ago

Awesome...nice to see them start popping up in homes...looking forward to seeing reviews

#13788 6 years ago

It looks like things might have officially moved into production and these are no longer pre-production games coming out?

#13789 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Welcome to Florida!

#13790 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Mine arriving 2morrow
May not be able to unbox until Saturday but a small look inside the box shall be possible

#13791 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It looks like things might have officially moved into production and these are no longer pre-production games coming out?

Check your ramps and see if they look brand new.

#13792 6 years ago

#13793 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Check your ramps and see if they look brand new.

Aren't you the guy who glued children's beads all over his metallica and coloured the sparky with markers? Clearly not everyone is going to share your opinions on what looks awesome or not. I for one, don't. We all get it that you dont like the look of the ramps..really time to move on from it though

#13794 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Aren't you the guy who glued children's beads all over his metallica and coloured the sparky with markers? Clearly not everyone is going to share your opinions on what looks awesome or not. I for one, don't. We all get it that you dont like the look of the ramps..really time to move on from it though

Would love to see pics of that!

#13795 6 years ago

I need help from the alien crowd. Please stop me from buying as pro. I sold a few pins a ways back to fund alien. With money in my pocket and no definate answer on when I can buy alien se I'm getting weaker by the day. Knowing that as pro is only an hour drive away is not helping. Please reaffirm for me the reasons I must hold out. Anyone? Andrew? Ferret? Guy who just received his?

#13796 6 years ago

I'm just thinking that the ramps will look new if these are production machines. That's all.

#13797 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I need help from the alien crowd. Please stop me from buying as pro. I sold a few pins a ways back to fund alien. With money in my pocket and no definate answer on when I can buy alien se I'm getting weaker by the day. Knowing that as pro is only an hour drive away is not helping. Please reaffirm for me the reasons I must hold out. Anyone? Andrew? Ferret? Guy who just received his?

All I can say is I like mine,love the call outs and sounds.
If you hit your shots right it is fast,not quite FT fast but close.

I still have a few code issues with mine,waiting on the code update to hit this side of the country.
I like the theme,so that helps a lot.
Notice something different each time I play it.

It's a lot different now that I have it at home,and can hear the game better.

#13798 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Would love to see pics of that!

That other guy must be talking about someone else. Here's my Met Pro w/ Time Bandit's Total Lightshow mod; Hooked spinners wired into Sound Caller board. I have to install the inlane mod for Total Lightshow and install the Premium Rising Cross mech that will be controlled by Time Bandit's system. So lightshow, spinners, rising cross, remove the pinblades & replace with mirror blades. Not a bead in sight.

20170515_185601 (resized).jpg20170515_185601 (resized).jpg
20170515_185609 (resized).jpg20170515_185609 (resized).jpg

#13799 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hold out. Alien is way more unique and will truly be a "homerun" pin for Heighway. AS looks like a great pin and if I could buy two right now I would buy Alien and AS....but I can't so I'm sticking with Alien.

I just emailed Heighway the other day to make sure my pre-order was still on their radar. They got back with me and confirmed that they had me in their cue and would be in touch when mine was getting ready to hit the line. Honestly I'm not expecting that call anytime soon since I am not fully paid and I'm assuming with games starting to trickle out even faster I could get pushed back by people paying in full up front. I'm fine with that...it will be worth the wait.

#13800 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Please reaffirm for me the reasons I must hold out. Anyone? Andrew? Ferret? Guy who just received his?

I'm quite reluctant to tell anyone how to spend their money. Everyone on the Alien dev team has tried our best to make a game that we think people will love, especially if they're fans of the Alien universe... but the reality is that you can't please all the people all the time. If you've played Alien and enjoyed it, or if you've watched some of the streams and thought it looks cool, I think it's fair to say that it will only get better from here. At this point we're polishing things to make the game as great as it can be. David Thiel has been updating frequently to tweak the balance on the sound effects, or add some new callouts, etc. I've been working on improving choreography in various modes or multiballs... some better lighting here, some more variety in callouts or sound effects there... plus futzing with the scoring to make features more balanced. Everyone on the team knows this is a world-class theme and we'll do everything we can to make it shine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/276?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.