DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 601.
#13051 7 years ago

Congrats to the Heighway team for getting final approval for Alien artwork!

Like all of you, I want production spin up. However, I don't expect Andrew to comment on that - as he says below:

Quoted from NPO:
Kind of a bummer he didn't hit on the elephant in the room: timetable for shipping games. ....

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Yes, I've learnt the hard way that actions speak louder than words

However, I do have a few questions...

Quoted from the Alien day video:
"We've been improving the xenomorph mechanism to make it more reliable"

I know a new Xeno board is coming. Are they ready? Can we get more detail on this?

Quoted from the Alien day video:
"We've been improving the lighting system"

I suspect these are the GI towers. About a week ago I got an email from Heighway Service Mgr that said "We are reviewing at the moment the LED towers and I will update you shortly". Any more details here?

#13052 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Would you really want a static image in attract mode over movie clips and full motion color action? I wouldn't, it seems like a waste of technology.

and you would probably burn-in the screen

#13053 7 years ago

Although if the screen burn said this it would be funny...

GAME
OVER
MAN

#13054 7 years ago

LE artwork is a home run. This may not be a popular decision but personally, I'd rather see that LE art in the back box 24/7 in my home enviornment than the admittedly nice giant LCD screen as it just mirrors what I will be seeing on the playfield LCD screen anyway.

Maybe I'm selfish but if I have a bunch of friends over ogling, they can just crane their necks to peer down into this beautifully lit game field.

I rewatched a couple videos without the ramp lighting and WOW! What a difference, I gotta have it in my pin.

Overall, when I stand back and just admire what's going on inside this pin I'm so impressed, a very busy beautiful playfield.

Looking forward to the Theil sound work calibrated for low frequency sub woofer exploitation in a home enviornment too.

Super excited for Alien pinball! Happy Alien day everyone!

#13055 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Would you really want a static image in attract mode over movie clips and full motion color action? I wouldn't, it seems like a waste of technology.

Not all of the time...I would just want the option to turn it on. I really like the artwork, but want the LCD as well.

#13056 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

and you would probably burn-in the screen

Screen burn is pretty much a think of the past with the new displays. It can still happen, but nowhere near as common as it was with CRT screens. I wasn't wanting to have it on all of the time, but would love to have the option to turn it on. At the very least it needs to be in the artwork and clips that rotate during idle mode.

#13057 7 years ago

Backglass art makes you re-think the LCD . That's a good thing. Love the art.

#13058 7 years ago

Ramp lighting looks pointless....otherwise I dig it with out the back box monitor, nice job on the art

#13059 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Screen burn is pretty much a think of the past with the new displays. I wasn't wanting to have it on all of the time, but would love to have the option to turn it on.

Have you seen some of the menu screens at Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, and/or Burger King? Screen burn still happens. We had it happen to our home theatre PC even.

#13060 7 years ago

Id Kinda like that Stunning Art Backglass, on a Standard.......

#13061 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Have you seen some of the menu screens at Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, and/or Burger King? Screen burn still happens. We had it happen to our home theatre PC even.

I had already added an edit to clarify what I said. Yes, I know it still happens to some screens, but there is technology to prevent it, and in most home use situations it wouldn't be an issue unless the pins are left on all of the time. (hence the option to turn it off and on). We can start another thread to discuss screen burn, but as to the LE artwork, I think they nailed it. Now we need to get some pins shipping!

#13062 7 years ago

Daaaam! That backglass is awesome and has me rethinking the 27" LCD use Does anyone know if you could remove the 27 ' LCD and run it in Std Backglasss and Swap the LCD back in as needed? I would love the solid backglass for myself playing and might put the LCD in when friends are over. Highly impressed Andrew and congrats to all on the cherry on top of the Alien sundae .... Now get building

Thanks to you and your team.

#13063 7 years ago

I don't think it would be hard to pop it out and in when you want l it was only a few plugs .

#13064 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Daaaam! That backglass is awesome and has me rethinking the 27" LCD use Does anyone know if you could remove the 27 ' LCD and run it in Std Backglasss and Swap the LCD back in as needed? I would love the solid backglass for myself playing and might put the LCD in when friends are over. Highly impressed Andrew and congrats to all on the cherry on top of the Alien sundae .... Now get building
Thanks to you and your team.

That should be easy. You get the full backglass (separately) even if you ordered the 27" display.

#13065 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You get the full backglass (separately) even if you ordered the 27" display.

Might have to build a light box to display the back glass on the wall next to the game...I am already shopping parts! lol

#13066 7 years ago

WOW!!! Absolutely Badass!!! Congrats Andrew and team!!!

Brian

#13067 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Might have to build a light box to display the back glass on the wall next to the game...I am already shopping parts! lol

You're on to something there....

#13068 7 years ago

I could care less about code updates or people already with pins wanting it

The ONLY thing that matters is getting pins out the door in ramp up quantity

How is that going to happen?

#13069 7 years ago

LE art is great. Thrilled that the backglass was done by someone else

#13070 7 years ago

The LE artwork looks awesome. I hope the LE buyers get the full translight who are getting the big screen. It would look great framed in the game room.

#13071 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The LE artwork looks awesome. I hope the LE buyers get the full translight who are getting the big screen. It would look great framed in the game room.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think once the fiber gets tied in to gameplay, it's going to look outstanding ( the left side has a great look to it, being under some of the plastics)!!!! Translite looks great...I'm still going w the large LCD in the backbox, but that hand drawn piece will be badass in a light box right next to the machine!!!

Counting on it!!!

#13072 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LE art is great. Thrilled that the backglass was done by someone else

Well I suppose that will generate another one of those slanderous podcasts...

#13073 7 years ago

So are LE's still available and if not what's the wait list like for a standard?

#13074 7 years ago

To quote my favorite pin: "Hmm. I expected more."

#13075 7 years ago

Happy Alien Day everyone!

IMG_1989 (resized).JPGIMG_1989 (resized).JPG

IMG_1992 (resized).JPGIMG_1992 (resized).JPG

IMG_1994 (resized).JPGIMG_1994 (resized).JPG

IMG_1996 (resized).JPGIMG_1996 (resized).JPG

IMG_1997 (resized).JPGIMG_1997 (resized).JPG

#13076 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Happy Alien Day everyone!

Man, the lighting on that game is incredible.

#13077 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

And that back LCD looks awesome. Mmm killer art or killer LCD?

#13078 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

To quote my favorite pin: "Hmm. I expected more."

You expected more than a hand drawn backglass? I don't think any one expected it to be hand drawn.

#13079 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And that back LCD looks awesome. Mmm killer art or killer LCD?

Why not both?

#13080 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why not both?

Id love both, but on the game, not one on the wall.

Stern/Dutch LCD is a good compromise IMO. I think Gomez&co got it right.

Edit: Not that HP/JJP is wrong - just a tough choice when you see how good the LE art looks.

#13081 7 years ago

What I'd like to know and obviously no fault of Andrews is how it could take Fox longer than 24hrs to either say yes or no to a couple pictures, what a bunch of dickheads. I think it looks great and Im pretty sure you still get the translite even with the 27inch and it will make a great poster. The big question now is when are the first LE's gonna start being made and shipped?

#13082 7 years ago

Apologies if already posted....

#13083 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I was actually thinking it was even darker than a stock WOZ. You can't see any of artwork in a dark room! This thing is going to need a pinballbulbs kit!

#13084 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You expected more than a hand drawn backglass? I don't think any one expected it to be hand drawn.

How was anyone expecting that when we were told no hand drawn art was permitted? Besides I was not talking about the BG, the LE has very little to differentiate itself. We can always get the modders to make other BG for us, maybe one with the whole cast, Ripley included. I was expecting a whole different art package. With so little changed why did the licensor take so long to approve? Did the Xenomorph not like the way his face was portrayed?

#13085 7 years ago

Art looks good. It would annoy me having 35th anniversary on it though when the film came out 38years ago!

#13086 7 years ago

In an apparent nod to "Alien Day" Adam Goldberg in "The Goldbergs" wears a black Alien t-shirt for the episode. cute.

(got the timing just right too) Wednesday night...

#13087 6 years ago

I don't think you'll be able to change the lighting on the game. They are all little light boards with light pipes.
Personally I think they look great and wouldn't want to change them.

Quoted from Pimp77:

I was actually thinking it was even darker than a stock WOZ. You can't see any of artwork in a dark room! This thing is going to need a pinballbulbs kit!

#13088 6 years ago

I haven't seen better mood lighting on any other game.

#13089 6 years ago

Looking forward to buying one.
But not until I play it first.
If there isnt one at PAGG or CAX, I probably wont get to play one till Expo in Oct, only show im flying to this year.

#13090 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm guessing the game looks brighter in person. What you are seeing is only how the camera exposed those pictures.

#13091 6 years ago

Yeah it is pretty bright in person, there are two modes where the GI does go out for atmosphere, and I could see that being hard to play in a dark location, but the shots you need to hit are still lit very well. Overall not an issue to me.

#13092 6 years ago

Andrew, loved the video. Are there any production updates you can share? Thanks

#13093 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Andrew, loved the video. Are there any production updates you can share? Thanks

In addition to production updates I'd like to know more info on the improvements they are making on the lighting which Andrew mentioned in the short clip. I don't know if he's referring to adding flashers to the Xenomorph toy (which he's mentioned as a possibility) or if he's actually improving lighting for the whole game.-I think it was Sunking who mentioned something about the LED towers possibly changing? I think the lighting that's currently on the game looks great (the towers are really cool) but maybe there is still room for improvement before hitting the full production run?

#13094 6 years ago

What are you referring to when you say LED towers? Just curious.

I've also heard that they are working on some type of flasher-strobe effect around the Alien head when it grabs the ball.

#13095 6 years ago

That LE Backglass is easily the best I've seen in a decade. Just fantastic.

I think I would prefer that over the screen, honestly.

#13096 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That LE Backglass is easily the best I've seen in a decade. Just fantastic.
I think I would prefer that over the screen, honestly.

We've gone from "Monochrome DMD sucks, we want color LCD!" to "Color LCD!? WE WANT NOTHING!!"

#13097 6 years ago

If the game is too dark then its a real easy fix.

545-5409-01_077-5206-01 (resized).jpg545-5409-01_077-5206-01 (resized).jpg

#13098 6 years ago

I cant wait till the LEs and SEs are shipping in quantity and the 3rd game is announced. That will be the real Alien Day.

#13099 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We've gone from "Monochrome DMD sucks, we want color LCD!" to "Color LCD!? WE WANT NOTHING!!"

There's a colour screen in the playfield, but no screen will do that backglass justice.

#13100 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If the game is too dark then its a real easy fix.

Where I play the game on route the game is in a dark room and I don't have any problems with visibility. It's not as bright as a Stern game but you can still see the ball and everything else just fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/262?hl=tim_may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.