pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 601.
#12901 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The Chestburster drop target was removed last year. There is now a normal standup target (or "touch target" as some folks call them) at the end of the lane.

That makes much more sense.

#12902 6 years ago

We have not heard from Andrew in almost 2 weeks. April 26th is Wed this week and the goal was for LEs to start production end of April (next week). Andrew, can you provide any update to us patiently waiting for the game?

#12903 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

We have not heard from Andrew in almost 2 weeks. April 26th is Wed this week and the goal was for LEs to start production end of April (next week). Andrew, can you provide any update to us patiently waiting for the game?

Why not wait until the 26th instead of pushing? If there is no news by Wed, then perhaps it is worth asking.

#12904 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

He said they were targeting Alien day or the release of the new movie. However, again they are at the mercy of Fox.

#12905 6 years ago

With the Allentown pinball show coming up? Is there anyone working to get a game there? Would love to see and play this thing!

#12906 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Just to give you an update on LE art - we have told FOX that we need to hit one of either Alien Day or the release of Alien Covenant for revealing the LE artwork.
This is what everyone is working towards.
Games continue to ship. Tweaks, faults and adjustments learnt from the first batch of games are all being worked on and production is being ramped up.

Nothing has changed. They hope to reveal the LE package sometime between now & May 19th. Sit back & be patient.

#12907 6 years ago

I'm predicting 3 more pages of arguing before any announcement

#12908 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Nothing has changed. They hope to reveal the LE package sometime between now & May 19th. Sit back & be patient.

And shipping in large numbers should coincide right? No more holdups at that point. Time to let the printing press run, if possible.

#12909 6 years ago

Who can help me figure a way to get an Aliens to the Pin a go go PAGG show May 18,19??
Great show with lots of silicon valley customers if you catch my drift Andrew...

#12910 6 years ago

Had mine at PATZ this weekend. 350+ plays over two days. Only issue was I had to adjust the playfield LCD screen level a few times. I need to get lock washers to better hold the screws in place and keep it level. Otherwise had two balls not recognized as drains in troughs. Opened coin door popped ball into shoot lane and play continued. I believe people were genuinely impressed with the gameplay and the quality of the build and it received lots of compliments. Andrew heard it was there and texted me at what would have been roughly 4-5 AM in his time zone if I'm doing math right to make sure the show had gone well and the game had held up okay. It sat next to my Congo and both were played pretty much non stop with a congo having one stuck ball as well.

I'm sure when Andrew has information to share he will. I believe those of you waiting will be happy when your games arrrive.

Only other issue was my rear leg levelers lowering themselves because I didn't put nuts on them. Got some new levelers at the show and now alien should be going on location in Lafayette when I get back in town.

Any questions about the actual game let me know happy to help.

#12911 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Any questions about the actual game let me know happy to help.

Can you bring it to Dixon Ca May 18 for PAGG? Pretty please with suger on top.

#12912 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Can you bring it to Dixon Ca May 18 for PAGG? Pretty please with suger on top.

If someone wants to pay for transport plus my time off work sure. Otherwise it's in lafayette IN feel free to visit.

#12913 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm predicting 3 more pages of arguing before any announcement

Really going out on a limb there with that prediction

#12914 6 years ago

Took the wife to the movies thurs night and they had this promo in the foyer. It must have been 12' wide and 8' tall. Talk about adding fuel to the excitement fire!
Can't wait till production ramps up...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#12915 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And shipping in large numbers should coincide right? No more holdups at that point. Time to let the printing press run, if possible.

Yeah...right. If that were the case SE's would be getting cranked out right now...but they are not. We have zero information when Fox will approve LE art. Andrew is pushing for Alien day but Fox might care less. There is also a huge backlog of ordered SE's that have not hit the line yet.

#12916 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Took the wife to the movies thurs night and they had this promo in the foyer. It must have been 12' wide and 8' tall. Talk about adding fuel to the excitement fire!
Can't wait till production ramps up...

That would make one hell of a translite.

#12917 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah...right. If that were the case SE's would be getting cranked out right now...but they are not. We have zero information when Fox will approve LE art. Andrew is pushing for Alien day but Fox might care less. There is also a huge backlog of ordered SE's that have not hit the line yet.

Is there any reason for the production line to not have cranked up SE numbers? Last I heard/read was new boards where in and all production parts where on route, has there been an update I have missed regarding boards again?

#12918 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there any reason for the production line to not have cranked up SE numbers? Last I heard/read was new boards where in and all production parts where on route, has there been an update I have missed regarding boards again?

Far as know (which isn't much) they should be cranking out the SE's....but they aren't.

#12919 6 years ago

Ya I also wan wondering this.... if all pieces are in and ready for full production.... why hasn't it been released to the masses that they are runnin at full capacity.... I mean you never would expect this from a company like stern.... but heighway had made the effort since day one to keep their customers informed at every step.... and now it feels like crickets ..... any day now we should expect to see Andrew release pictures and or videos of 20-50 SE's shipping out.

#12920 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

...but they aren't.

or ARE they??

#12922 6 years ago

Well all I can tell you is that I have not received a call/email for more money yet.

#12923 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well all I can tell you is that I have not received a call/email for more money yet.

Email sent.

#12924 6 years ago

Yeah that poster is phenomenal. I had to buy an official double sided one sheet for the office.

IMG_6816 (resized).JPGIMG_6816 (resized).JPG

#12925 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Ya I also wan wondering this.... if all pieces are in and ready for full production.... why hasn't it been released to the masses that they are runnin at full capacity.... I mean you never would expect this from a company like stern.... but heighway had made the effort since day one to keep their customers informed at every step.... and now it feels like crickets ..... any day now we should expect to see Andrew release pictures and or videos of 20-50 SE's shipping out.

I think part of the delay with more SE's going out is that the LED and xeno boards changed. It's entirely possible that Heighway had more SE's ready to go out and then had to open them back up to swap out the boards. Have to factor in testing time of the new boards as well.

#12926 6 years ago

I saw and played the game several times, it played very solid and smooth. Had a BW solid feel too it. The software also was in really good shape and there seems to be a good amount of rules/modes. The line was big so didn't get too much time on it. Thanks for bringing it and good talking with you at the end. Definitely on the wishlist.

#12927 6 years ago

The cabinet felt really solid and the new glass design is interesting. That should help to eliminate broken glass too.

#12928 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The cabinet felt really solid and the new glass design is interesting. That should help to eliminate broken glass too.

New glass design?

#12929 6 years ago

Probably referring to the playfield glass not sliding out in a traditional manner, but being mounted to a frame that lifts up.

#12930 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Probably referring to the playfield glass not sliding out in a traditional manner, but being mounted to a frame that lifts up.

It is a really nice design!

I like it because:
no more sliding out means it is easy to pull glass in a tight spot.
frame around glass means it is easy to set on concrete and not worry about thermal shock.
frame and snug glass means the game is seaed up better so less coil noise on the outside
drop in a beefy sub and still no glass rattle

#12931 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

New glass design?

Sorry I meant new to me, but it's the same arrangement that is in Full Throttle. In fact the sticker on the back of Alien even said it was a Full Throttle game on the label That is understandable since it was pulled down in the factory from the same cabinet to make this.

I was over at Alien looking at the glass mount system because at the show Gary from Abel Electronics came up to me when I was removing our demo kit from the Bride of Pinbot 2.0. He said that I should look at Alien because he thought it could really benefit from the Pin Stadium kit. He was right, as the playfield even under the ambient light at the show was really dark. The playfielld art is immaculate on this machine once it gets light on it to reveal the detail.

The owner asked me also if our kit would work and I confirmed that it would for sure.

It's a beautiful game and played so well. I have it on my wishlist officially.

Yesterday an Alien customer in OK bought one for his and I'm excited to see the Before and Afters of that one.

Great game!!

#12932 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

frame and snug glass means the game is seaed up better so less coil noise on the outside

Is it quieter, really?

#12933 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is it quieter, really?

yes, it seems to be quiter relative to other games. I would say similar to anti-rattle tape.

Basically the framed glass design means the sound from coil clack does not come out the gaps between normal glass and side channel set up. May also be that the cabinent itself is super hefty and dense.

#12934 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is it quieter, really?

It's like normal glass but with a 30 pound weight pressing it down...not sure if it's 30 really but that frame is solid as hell.

#12935 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's like normal glass but with a 30 pound weight pressing it down...not sure if it's 30 really but that frame is solid as hell.

It felt like a solid beast as far as I could tell.

#12936 6 years ago

Yeah that glass w/frame is very heavy, but feels good on the machine, and I love not having a lockbar that can move like on most other machines.

#12937 6 years ago

I agree, it eliminates all those other pieces to the equation when needing to maintain the machine. It helps to prevent the whoops of glass breakage which is always a sad and messy moment.

#12938 6 years ago

Ok, it is late April and I am looking forward to seeing some of these in the wild. Is there going to be one set-up in AllenTown?

Pulling for Heighway! Pin looks and sounds awesome (from the videos).

#12939 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, it seems to be quiter relative to other games. I would say similar to anti-rattle tape.
Basically the framed glass design means the sound from coil clack does not come out the gaps between normal glass and side channel set up. May also be that the cabinent itself is super hefty and dense.

Maybe it's just because it was so loud in there but at TPF one of the aliens didn't have glass and I thought it was quieter in general over other machines I've played

#12940 6 years ago

Alien Day eve bump! Even if we don't get a look at LE artwork tomorrow I'm hoping for at least a general update about how things are progressing at the factory. I have a feeling that any day now we'll be hearing some good news!

#12941 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

He said they were targeting Alien day or the release of the new movie. However, again they are at the mercy of Fox.

No they're not.

#12942 6 years ago

#12943 6 years ago

Just pulled the audits from my machine and thought some of you may find this data interesting, especially the drains as many people seem to complain about the left outlane.

"13 LEFT DRAINS 1763
14 RIGHT DRAINS 1020
15 CENTER DRAINS 4820"

#12944 6 years ago

So definitely more left drains... not 2 though

#12945 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just pulled the audits from my machine and thought some of you may find this data interesting, especially the drains as many people seem to complain about the left outlane.
"13 LEFT DRAINS 1763
14 RIGHT DRAINS 1020
15 CENTER DRAINS 4820"

Cool Man thanks for sharing

#12946 6 years ago

Yeah but center drains are by far the most and that is with a center post even. I honestly don't feel the left side is that bad when you consider that probably close to 1/4 - 1/3 of those you get a hypersleep virtual ball save, and once you start to learn to use that upper left flipper for defense of the outlane you barely notice how wide it is.

#12947 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

once you start to learn to use that upper left flipper for defense of the outlane you barely notice how wide it is.

Great point. Shots exiting LT orbit, better hold that LT flipper button down

#12948 6 years ago

I really hope people aren't let down by the LE artwork after the long wait. Hopefully we'll finally see it tomorrow...

I have to admit that I honestly wasn't that impressed with the drafts that were shown at TPF. In all fairness to Andrew, he did say that they were older drafts that they were not moving forward with, but if the overall "feel" of them is the same, I still think it's a little underwhelming. It's entirely possible that the final drafts could look a lot different though, so I am certainly curious to see them!

Since the standard editions focused on the green and black color scheme from the first film, I sort of expected the art package of the LE to match the blue and black feel of the second film, especially if the xenomorph/biomechanical textures and tones of the queen's nest were used. It seemed like this would be a great contrast to the standard art and would look fantastic!

However, the LE concept art shown was an odd blending of the blue and green from both films which is sort of jarring since neither film's branding had that appearance. I believe people generally think of the first film in terms of green tones and the second film in blue tones... I know I do. The green and blue together makes sense from the standpoint that the machine features both films, but the two colors together just don't feel like either film or the brand as a whole. The queen was featured in the backglass art shown, but the design would only work as a full backglass layout and not with the large LCD. It would have to be redesigned to fit the odd border space around the LCD. It's definitely a tricky design challenge. I think it's a bit of a catch-22 because the LE is also meant to be a 35th Anniversary edition for the second film - but it features the title treatment of the first film, not second...

I guess what I am hoping for is that they will just go all out second film styling and colors with the artwork if it's truly going to be an anniversary edition for the second film, but it seems like it's going to be an amalgamation of the two. That'll probably be fine for many folks, I just thought it would be cool to have one edition represent Alien and the other represent Aliens.

#12949 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Great point. Shots exiting LT orbit, better hold that LT flipper button down

Just looked closer and there is data and my estimate was pretty close.

76 REVIVE LEFT 276
77 REVIVE RIGHT 315

TOTAL = 591 out of 1763

33.52% of the left drains have received a "revive", virtual ball save, making the left and right drains nearly equal in their impact on your game

#12950 6 years ago

At this point I don't really care what it looks like. More interested in ramps

I'd just like to see the production ramp up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/259?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.