• 24,631 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,837 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg
EE867F13-8192-4B1F-BA97-B9F3A5869811 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24631 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 493.
#12701 2 years ago

Happy Easter!

IMG_3557.JPG

#12702 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You people really don't follow along...he bought it and brought it home from TPF.

Yes it had to catch a ride to Missouri with friends since I flew out to TPF and I've finally had a day off to go get it. 18 hour trip. Down to about an hour to go.

#12703 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

better than Alien 3. or whatever that pos was called.

Have you seen the Alien 3 directors rough cut that's on the DVD and Blu-Ray? It actually had the potential to be a much better movie. There's a whole extra character, sequence of events & a lot of different details in that cut that make it a much better film.

#12704 2 years ago

Weird that this cover from a 2008 dark horse comic was a part of the asset package from a 70's and 80's movie. It does kind of suck that the Xeno shown isn't even accurate to the movies as it has mandibles in this image and in the comics story arc. Kinda looks hand drawn too.

dhc alien (resized).jpg

#12705 2 years ago

These are being assembled in Wales, correct?
How close are they to south hampton port and c-container shipping?
I might be in london late August. Do i need to go fill a container and ship it home. Dont care about LE artwork and Fox anymore, who needs it, game looks complete to me.
Not worried about invisoglass, many are making it now.
Lets get that assembly line going boys, clock is ticking and mother is counting down!

#12706 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It was a joke about Sammy Hagar impersonators...and that being a niche market...being a Sammy impersonator. Get it? Now you've ruined it by forcing the over-explain

For the record, I thought it was hilarious when you posted that.

#12707 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It was a joke about Sammy Hagar impersonators...and that being a niche market...being a Sammy impersonator. Get it? Now you've ruined it by forcing the over-explain

Oops, I meant to quote Rarehero.

#12708 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I can tell you now that we pushed the boat out with our financial offer to Sigourney's agent. It was substantial and it was rejected. I very much doubt our competitors bettered our offer. But we will never know.
Honestly - I don't care that we didn't get her in the end. Since the beginning of this game, the player is intended to be playing "as Ripley" so it really makes no sense for Ripley to also be interacting with the player. It would have been "nice" to have her - but we really don't feel the game is poorer without her.

Never understood why people like Hank, Fox and Weaver would ever refuse a pinball contract. I guess they don't see them as playable art like we do...

#12709 2 years ago

I was told Stern had a pinball exclusive with Sigourney

I'm sure the agent signed that deal thinking he/she was getting max $$$ and it's chump change anyhow

Doubt she even knew

#12710 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Have you seen the Alien 3 directors rough cut that's on the DVD and Blu-Ray? It actually had the potential to be a much better movie. There's a whole extra character, sequence of events & a lot of different details in that cut that make it a much better film.

ill have to check it out

#12711 2 years ago

Live stream from 8-Bit Flip ( UK )

http://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live

#12712 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure the agent signed that deal thinking he/she was getting max $$$ and it's chump change anyhow
Doubt she even knew

Hmm... I've heard this chatter about Stern having her locked down before - source?
Heck - maybe a smart move by her agent actually as stern will move a hell of allot more pins then Heighway. How do these chump change deals work - would she get paid up front or per machine sold? I would think she has already been paid, or is continuing to be paid by Stern but what do I know. Alien was supposed to ship 2 years ago, 500 le's still haven't sold out yet - why? Maybe her agent is a smarter than you think.

#12713 2 years ago

Did some middle do the night streaming on code .94, unfortunately no large display function yet as I left my keys about 1000 miles away so waiting for them to be shipped. One game that was good and you can see a lot. A lot of bad games where you can't see much.

#12714 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Doubt she even knew

Well, Andrew said they made a pretty big offer to Sigourney. Yes Stern got the rights to use Sigourney's likeness and audio lines for Ghostbusters but she had a fairly small role in both of the films. Alien and Aliens on the other hand are Sigourney Weavers two biggest films of her career and as a result I'm sure licensing her likeness and audio lines from those films costs much more then for Ghostbusters 1 and 2.

#12715 2 years ago

There were rumors that new builds occurred this past week for Cointaker. Anyone on here getting one of those machines and can confirm that ?

#12716 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

There were rumors that new builds occurred this past week for Cointaker. Anyone on here getting one of those machines and can confirm that ?

I'll confirm it. I'll also confirm the 7-10 day delay, and that now they're supposed to ship next week.

#12717 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'll confirm it. I'll also confirm the 7-10 day delay, and that now they're supposed to ship next week.

At least it's not 2 weeks

#12718 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seems like a below the belt move from Stern if that's true. Locking Sigourney to Ghostbusters, doesn't enhance Ghostbusters at all and only detriments another's creative vision. Seems like a disservice to the hobby.

Having said that, I'm not bothered. I like Heighways approach of playing from the perspective of Ripley.

#12719 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems like a below the belt move from Stern if that's true.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

#12720 2 years ago

IMG_1523 (resized).PNG

#12721 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Live stream from 8-Bit Flip ( UK )
http://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live

Brilliant, thanks. Enjoyed the stream. Game looks great, too.

#12722 2 years ago
Quoted from Gadbury:

Brilliant, thanks. Enjoyed the stream. Game looks great, too.

Yeah its a good quality stream and nice to hear the music and callouts so clearly. Stream is back on tomorrow, may be more Alien or other machines at the show apparently.

#12724 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I left my keys about 1000 miles away so waiting for them to be shipped.

Man that sucks. At least there's not anything super important in the back box

#12725 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Interesting, wonder how it works for those of us that ordered direct with Heighway... and where we are sitting the que related to Cointaker.

#12726 2 years ago

I noticed on the feed from 8 bit flip a few failed alien head ball grabs, the tongue coming out for the ball but the magnet hadn't caught it. Is this a regular occurrence? ( those that have played the game a fair bit )

#12727 2 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Man that sucks. At least there's not anything super important in the back box

Yeah keys are in the mail already and then I'll get big display going. Luckily was still able to connect speakers. Really diggin it so far. Finally got all the multiballs today.

#12728 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems like a below the belt move from Stern if that's true. Locking Sigourney to Ghostbusters, doesn't enhance Ghostbusters at all and only detriments another's creative vision. Seems like a disservice to the hobby.
Having said that, I'm not bothered. I like Heighways approach of playing from the perspective of Ripley.

Me too. Could care less after i thought about it. Pretty weak move on Stern's part and Weaver is hardly in GB.

#12729 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Interesting, wonder how it works for those of us that ordered direct with Heighway... and where we are sitting the que related to Cointaker.

Have no clue. Were all outside that circle of trust together.

#12730 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Have no clue. Were all outside that circle of trust together.

LOL, so true! I think there are a lot of us impatiently waiting for our machines. I think it would be nice to just know the darn things are actually shipping.

#12731 2 years ago

This was a gift from my wife a couple of years ago. Gonna watch the directors cut tonight. I know every line in Aliens but it's been awhile since I watched the original.

20170415_203535 (resized).jpg

#12732 2 years ago

17952848_113993749151991_4773100535397173402_n (resized).jpg

#12733 2 years ago

Nearly 7 hour stream from 8 bit flip in the U.K. yesterday.

Check out this video ALIEN - Pinball LIVE @ 8bitflip https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135781338

#12734 2 years ago

Apparently, another 8 Bit Flip live stream coming today (Sunday), also.

#12735 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Did some middle do the night streaming on code .94, unfortunately no large display function yet as I left my keys about 1000 miles away so waiting for them to be shipped. One game that was good and you can see a lot. A lot of bad games where you can't see much.
» YouTube video

Nice job. I finally saw a mode completed

The gutsy sound the spinners make on both orbits seems to be gone. Hopefully this wasn't removed and you just need to adjust a switch when you can finally pull the glass.

Constructive criticism for HP: The left and right ramps sounds are pretty faint... maybe a bit of a volume boost might give better audio feedback? Plus the sounds are awfully similar - but maybe this was intended.

#12736 2 years ago

alien easter (resized).jpg

#12737 2 years ago

Happy Alien Easter Everyone!

IMG_1790 (resized).JPG

#12738 2 years ago

ALIEN pt.2 - Pinball LIVE @ 8bitflip

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135989878

#12739 2 years ago

Not sure who is in charge of that stream, but you may want to export it to youtube as well so it can be accessed past the couple of weeks that twitch saves them.

#12740 2 years ago

How many have been shipped/delivered so far?

#12741 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How many have been shipped/delivered so far?

Zero other than the ones from TPF i believe.

#12742 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Zero other than the ones from TPF i believe.

Several according the the pictures in this thread a couple weeks ago.

#12743 2 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about the Playfield kits for Full Throttle owners? Specifically, the CPU issue? Not keeping up with this thread closely.

#12744 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Specifically, the CPU issue

no issue.

I was told they will have Aliens kits for Full Throttle owners. I assume this means they will include the new zotac PC for easy conversion.
I would guess at the volume they are purchasing this PC that it will be a nominal cost and built in to the kit cost.

#12745 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no issue.
I was told they will have Aliens kits for Full Throttle owners. I assume this means they will include the new zotac PC for easy conversion.
I would guess at the volume they are purchasing this PC that it will be a nominal cost and built in to the kit cost.

When? How much $? How is the installation performed? Will the FT owners be last in the queue?

I have seen a lot of guesses and speculation, but no actual information on this question.

#12746 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

How is the installation performed?

this is the only thing I know. There is a video online of the swap process. Can be done in 5 minutes for the pf and super easy.

As for install of the new PC, looks pretty simple. Just plug in the cords in the right spot and affix the new pc in place when swapping for the first time. After new PC in place then just a USB dongle to swap back and forth.

You should email Heighway for your toher questions. They are the only ones that can answer on price and timing. Last I hear they were finishing up the specially designed shipping box which will also serve as storage box under the game for your unused pf while the other is swapped in.

#12747 2 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Several according the the pictures in this thread a couple weeks ago.

I don't think i've seen a single person post other than the ones that were from TPF, beyond pre-production units.

I certainly haven't read all 12k posts, but i'm pretty sure i've read everything over the last 2-3 weeks.

#12748 2 years ago

I'll amend my last question...
How many pre-production units have shipped and how many production ones have shipped?

#12749 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I don't think i've seen a single person post other than the ones that were from TPF

They made a point of showing the first out the door and then a few thereafter headed to US I think. These were not TPF games. Sounds like a few in Europe as well. Overall, not a lot but it is starting and there have been, factually speaking, more than just TPF games. Search heighwaypinball posts in this thread and check their last couple pages. You don't have to read 12k posts...use the search.

#12750 2 years ago

My impression is at least 20 built and sounds like another 10 are shipping to cointaker ? this week?

Quoted from HighProtein:

I'll amend my last question...
How many pre-production units have shipped and how many production ones have shipped?

From what I gather, only the first 2? (maybe 5) were prototypes) Starting with the TPF ones they appears to have produciton boards and production flipper inserts. Froim what I know, there is an updated Xeno mech board that needs to be installed but those are coming. (all based on feedback and some redesign/coding changes to how the mech operates and is coded. Some great changes to make it more robust and function reliably. In short, not relying on opto to sense and ability to adjust over time to be correct action; think thing flipper auto adjust style)

I think you can consider anything prior to #10 a sample/pre-produciton pf. Anything after #10 appears to be full production with likely a few minor tweaks that are easy to do for an owner.

I personally am very glad they have done this method of trickling out in smaller batches and making adjustments as they go based on feedback and audits. It should help to really bullet proof the game for those future owners (ones that also are not as adept and making some to the modifications and giving the feedback)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24631 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside