• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 494.
#12451 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

There game doesn't still come with a translite if you upgrade to the lcd?

You get a different trans-lite with a cutout or clear, but its no all screen so they just swap it out.
You make a good point though, What if I ordered with no-monitor and then later decided to order the accessory monitor? I would top get the monitor trans-lite with it... unless its only available at the time you purchase your machine.

#12452 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

You get a different trans-lite with a cutout or clear, but its no all screen so they just swap it out.
You make a good point though, What if I ordered with no-monitor and then later decided to order the accessory monitor? I would top get the monitor trans-lite with it... unless its only available at the time you purchase your machine.

I don't think you can add a monitor later. You order one as an add-on with purchase.

#12453 2 years ago

I was under the impression when you order the LE you get the standard FULL translate artwork and the limited edition artwork so you can choose to put it in place as if you have no 27 inch LCD in the back box even if you order it with one. This would cover the empty LCD backbox area when it is off which is the state it would be in more than on in a home enviornment.

#12454 2 years ago

Seems like there is a market for something easily removable that fits over the LCD screen.

#12455 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Seems like there is a market for something easily removable that fits over the LCD screen.

I'm gonna use the translites that come with the LE package, make a light frame or something thats easy to hang up over the screen when its off.

#12456 2 years ago

Andrew make cliffies an option. I think many would gladly pay. I know I would.

#12457 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

And include or offer a piece of mylar around the magnet area.

#12458 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

And include or offer mylar around the magnet area.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see something added at the factory on production games to the magnet, even if its one of cliffys magnet rings - which work great btw!

#12459 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

100% 2nd it. Cliffy's should be standard or at least I would like to have the machine come with the cliffys with an upcharge if necessary.

#12460 2 years ago

Andrew, just ship machines, deal with other stuff later.

#12461 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew, just ship machines, deal with other stuff later.

Yep. I second this.

#12462 2 years ago

Here is an interesting look at an early prototype Alien playfield recreated in future pinball by slamtilt

#12463 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I read it as "Cointaker" owned those games and could do whatever they wanted with them.
What's Cointaker going to do? "Hey do you want to pick up your preorder game in Texas after 400 people play it?" I don't think so.

Your a good dude Astro, but to answer your question, and after going over the financials (public) that you can access, I would 1000% be taking the machine home with 400 plays on it.

#12464 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Nah. Cliffy needs our money too! All modders need our money or we won't get cool mods

Cliffy could be the supplier. I bet a win/win scenario could be worked out.

#12465 2 years ago

Wow, not even a completed mode on the sim with a cheat (or a ball grab). How tough is this game? lol.

#12466 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Wow, not even a completed mode on the sim with a cheat (or a ball grab). How tough is this game? lol.

I hope it's very hard, easy games stink.

#12467 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Your a good dude Astro, but to answer your question, and after going over the financials (public) that you can access, I would 1000% be taking the machine home with 400 plays on it.

Have you come up with a new method for assessing relative risk in pinball manufacturers?

Lol

#12468 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have you come up with a new method for assessing relative risk in pinball manufacturers?
Lol

I have

If wcbrandes preorders , it's trouble. Just joking .

#12469 2 years ago

You have to be joking right? I would assess every company no matter what they are manufacturing or trying to produce the same way if I was buying into that company. I am not gonna argue with any of my fellow pinheads that want to ignore or just roll the dice your all big boys and can make your own decisions. Fact is I'm not gonna wear rose colored glasses anymore and I will never pump a company that do not have healthy bottom lines. This I believe is doing a disservice to fellow pinheads. I am OK with having people err on the side of caution but seriously I would feel like crap if I pumped people into loosing their hard earned cash. Ring a bell?
</

#12470 2 years ago

To those who have had the good fortune of being able to try Alien, how does the Add-a-Ball and jackpots work on Multiball? That's always been one of my favorite features!

#12471 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Are you saying they financials dont look good?

#12472 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think you need to run his post through an Enigma machine to decrypt

#12473 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Billy got a real good look at Jpop's FS and still decided to invest anyhow.

You live and learn.

Especially after Jpop and now burned by Dutch Pinball. Another Jpop special.

So who knows but whatever historical FS are made public have little to do with the current reality and post TPF. What I've seen doesn't add up to shit.

That said, always proceed with caution.

#12474 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think you need to run his post through an Enigma machine to decrypt

To me he is saying the financials are not so good, so if he was paid in full and he had a chance to get one of the only games available even with a shit ton of games played on it, he would.

#12475 2 years ago

By all indications, games are beginning to trickle out. Hopefully, that pace will increase in the weeks and months ahead. Trust me when I say that for those who ordered games - when you get them - you will NOT be disappointed.

SPOILER ALERT: A few modes and multi-balls really stand out.

From the 1st Alien movie - the Tunnel Hunt mode is intense. The entire playfield is lit with dark blue, you are shooting for the 'vent' shots (not easy to hit), and the heavy breathing and heartbeat make you feel like you are crawling through the tunnel with an Alien about to jump out at any second. Finding Jonsey and Derelict Ship also really capture the feel of the 1st film. The ambient sounds and background music complete the picture....so bad ass. Self Destruct wizard mode....you will have to see for yourself.

While the modes from 1st film are moody and spooky, the modes from the 2nd are an adrenaline rush. Two modes stand out. First is the Queens Nest, where the playfieled goes green, and you have to alternate between hitting the queen (xeno head) and the eggs. My 2nd favorite is the Combat Drop - the lights on this mode are simply gorgeous. Bug Hunt and APC modes are also fun, and maybe the easiest - yet still full of high energy action.

Sound fun? Well it's the multi-ball modes where Alien really shines. The easiest multi-ball to get is Ambush. As soon as you hit the shot to start it, the playfield goes completely dark - Paxton says "How can they cut he power man, they're animals?" The playfield goes red and the motion tracker fills the screen. You shoot aliens as they approach on the tracker. Awesome. Hypersleep multi is harder to get, but also very cool. But let me tell ya, tonight as I was playing, I hit Save Newt multi-ball. I got chills. Swear to god goosebumps on my arms chills. ...been while since a pin has done that for me

#12476 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

To those who have had the good fortune of being able to try Alien, how does the Add-a-Ball and jackpots work on Multiball? That's always been one of my favorite features!

Mother will always give one add-a-ball during multiball. (Except during All Out War, which plays by its own rules...)

As for jackpots... every multiball is completely different.

#12477 2 years ago

Mother seems to know exactly what you need. During modes, she give you extra time. During muti-balls she adds one. Other times...she may surprise you.

#12478 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

First is the Queens Nest, where the playfieled goes green, and you have to alternate between hitting the queen (xeno head) and the eggs.

Actually, you want to alternate the eggs and the Airlock scoop. (Not sure what code version you're running; the very latest, which may not be released yet, is better about showing info on the screen telling you what to shoot.) You can also shoot the Xeno head (center targets) to increase point values, but doing so does not progress you toward winning the scene.

Quoted from SunKing:

But let me tell ya, tonight as I was playing, I hit Save Newt multi-ball. I got chills. Swear to god goosebumps on my arms chills. ...been while since a pin has done that for me

Hopefully you'll like it even better when we get some more callouts populated in that multiball... David's queued up a bunch for me. That's actually the multiball that still needs the most choreography polish (well, besides All Out War).

Very glad to hear that you're enjoying the game!

#12479 2 years ago

Hey uh....LE artwork approved by chance? Am I the only one feels this has dragged on way too long especially with games already shipping?! It's getting to the point if LE buyers get both sets of art with the game, why can't the LEs ship with the standard art package and then the LE artwork shipped at a later date?

Yes I'm an early LE order and I want my game!

#12480 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey uh....LE artwork approved by chance? Am I the only one feels this has dragged on way too long especially with games already shipping?! It's getting to the point if LE buyers get both sets of art with the game, why can't the LEs ship with the standard art package and then the LE artwork shipped at a later date?

I agree. I am a week 1 order, paid in full and the lack of information sucks.

#12481 2 years ago

Ya but look at Aerosmith pros are shipping and les were behind.... and that was stern.... have faith in Andrew!!!

#12482 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

why can't the LEs ship with the standard art package and then the LE artwork shipped at a later date?

may it has something to do with the "Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting" - we haven't seen those so far, isn't it

#12483 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. If FOX is the only hold up and if all the add on toys are ready I'd be fine with getting the art shipped at a later date.

#12484 2 years ago

Once I get my Alien LE, I'm ordering 2 more. One for my son and one to keep NIB as an investment. I can see this game being worth 15-20k in 10 years.

#12485 2 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

worth 15-20k in 10 years.

Probably better off dropping $8500 in a stock portfolio. 7% a year after 10 years....and requires no physical space for storage

#12486 2 years ago

Pinball is a solid hobby money wise, but a weak investment in nearly any case.

#12487 2 years ago

Andrew is it possible to get a update on production?

#12488 2 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Once I get my Alien LE, I'm ordering 2 more. One for my son and one to keep NIB as an investment. I can see this game being worth 15-20k in 10 years.

If Highway keeps cranking out the SE's (which you can essentially turn into an LE minus the separate art package and number plate) then I don't think that will happen. Of course I've been wrong before.

#12489 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Pinball related fun is the best investment out there

#12490 2 years ago

I was playing Addams Family today, and I noticed some shots are similar to Alien, like the shot to the upper right flipper that stops, feeds the flipper and goes up to a similarly shaped ramp. Also the dual shots in the upper right.

This is great news because making these feels so satisfying in Addams.

#12491 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Unless you're one of the hundreds of people who bought a few pins in the 80s that are now worth 5 times what you paid for them.

#12492 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Unless you're one of the hundreds of people who bought a few pins in the 80s that are now worth 5 times what you paid for them.

Isn't the stock market like 20x what it was in the 80's?

#12493 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Unless you're one of the hundreds of people who bought

apple stock... $8 per share in 1983, $145 today

#12494 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Isn't the stock market like 20x what it was in the 80's?

Nope it's still as boring now as it was in the 80s when compared to pinball, Andrew please release some new info, can't take much more of this stocks and shares talk, need my Alien pinball fix

#12495 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

apple stock... $8 per share in 1983, $145 today

After many splits!

#12496 2 years ago

The one nice thing is you rarely lose value on popular machines as a collector, and if you take the risk and put them on location you can in fact make a profit in the long run. I took that chance, and although it's nowhere near where it was (profit wise) in the past, people do still put many quarters in such said machines (in strong markets of course). I never thought I'd be an operator, so this for sure put a smile on my little ole face when I realized it was in fact possible to make some money back.

#12497 2 years ago

I've had quite a bit of correspondence with Heighway this week and I played Alien (pre-prod) last night. I'm still on the fence as to whether i should order one. The lighting and art package is fantastic. The pre-production game obviously had some issues and non of the call-outs were working (in terms of where you should shoot) so the game was hard as hell to figure out what you had to do.

The outlanes are absolute drain monsters, unique design, but man i spent alot of money last night.

I love the movies, love the theme, just not sure on the pin yet though.

#12498 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

non of the call-outs were working (in terms of where you should shoot) so the game was hard as hell to figure out what you had to do.

there are not really any callouts to instruct shots. I think if our lights were working correctly, they would not really be needed, given how good the lighting is.

#12499 2 years ago

I would definitely wait to buy one until they are physically available.

#12500 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I would definitely wait to buy one until they are physically available.

Totally agreed. I've never understood why people want to be first in line when EVERY manufacturer has issues out of the gate that get resolved later in the production run. This is only exaggerated with Heighway's Alien because the machines are still just cobbled together. Not even they have seen a full production machine with all the options installed, so who knows what's left to be found out and fixed going forward.

Quoted from chrisnack:

I've had quite a bit of correspondence with Heighway this week and I played Alien (pre-prod) last night. I'm still on the fence as to whether i should order one. The lighting and art package is fantastic. The pre-production game obviously had some issues and non of the call-outs were working (in terms of where you should shoot) so the game was hard as hell to figure out what you had to do.
The outlanes are absolute drain monsters, unique design, but man i spent alot of money last night.
I love the movies, love the theme, just not sure on the pin yet though.

I've been assuming I would get an Alien once it was out as part of a package with Full Throttle. But I hear what you're saying because as cool as the game looks in design, I'm not sure how fun it is going to be, especially for more casual skill level players that aren't specifically into Alien. I know the game has changed for the better since Expo, but I WAY more enjoyed playing Full Throttle than I did Alien at the show. I'm not into Motorcycles at all, but that game is just fun. I'm am into Sci-Fi and I like Alien, but to me the jury is still out on the end result fun-factor.

All the more reason to sit back and see how everything turns out before diving in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside