• 23,983 posts
  • 976 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 262 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,698 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5543 (resized).JPG
DoorInterlock (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190309-205039 (resized).png
81Zi2iEAVEL._SY879_ (resized).jpg
20190307_151104 (resized).jpg
20190307_151241 (resized).jpg
DSC04644.JPG - Fotogalerie (resized).jpg
20190308_192130.jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110116 (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190308_131215 (resized).jpg
20190308_130731 (resized).jpg
20190308_125131 (resized).jpg
20190306_103839.jpg
20190305_220352.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 23983 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 480.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I am with you on the art. I think the theme is cool, but I find the art looks too childish.

It has a European style I think is what it is. Hard to put the finger on it but I remember when I used to play computer games in the mid-90s you could tell the game was European from the art. Same with TV ads, I can spot them when they're made in Europe for some reason.
Not that it's a bad thing, and America isn't the only viable Pinball market, but in fact the game art reminds me of 90s European computer games.

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wasn't it originally slated for release in April (which led to Nordman leaving as he knew that was an impossible target)?
PF and LCD art isn't even approved yet? This is quite a way from being ready is the way it sounds..

Just to clarify two points here...

1. Yes Dennis left, but as has been stated previously, there were a number of reasons why we parted ways - which I can't and won't be going into details about

2. The art is an ongoing process. The Standard Edition sideart and backglass are effectively approved. The playfield layout has changed and evolved, which means the artwork naturally does too. The LCD animations are a work in progress, and are being submitted regularly to FOX

I hope this clears up points a little. We are very happy with our relationship with FOX. Could it be a faster process - yes it could - but that's just the way licensing works, for better or for worse

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not a big fan of the pre-order model myself. But in a funny way I'm in on this deeper than anyone else. I don't see any compensation for my work until the games ship. I'll get my own personal LE, and my payments are all royalty based. No game, nothing for me but a ton of my time spent!
So honestly I'm "gambling" more than anyone who's put money down on this. And I'm perfectly comfortable with it. IMHO the "worst case scenario" is simply that the games take longer to ship than people would like. Alien was probably announced a little early. So it goes, that's pinball. Heighway is a legit company, with a real factory, a real plan, and real ambitions. And they've got real funding.
You can add the beacons and fiber optic lights to a Standard. So if you decide to wait and the LEs are sold out at least you won't miss out on anything cool in that sense. But the LE should be a bad ass package. I won't lie, my goal is to make it cooler than the Standard.
I haven't even started on the LE art yet, it's just not as high a priority vs getting the rest of the game together. Looking forward to it since it's the version of the game I'll personally own though!
So I'm really not trying to push anyone into ordering right now, honest. Do what you're comfortable with. But I'm in with everyone who has and will, and feeling frosty.

I never thought for a second ( honestly) that I'd have a game before Christmas.....completely comfortable w the wait, but that's just me....the recent showing of Full Throttle further shows that games are being built, they are listening to the community, and better than the protos....haven't seen a post that said the new game didn't play great, whether they liked the title or not.

The LE art and package will be worth the wait, imho, a no brainier @ $1500.00 until mine is built......the Company IS building games. Nobody is pushing anyone to do something they aren't comfortable with.....I don't think my $1500.00 bought that Printer or The C and C......just saying.....pretty easy to see they are vested....

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Just to clarify two points here...
1. Yes Dennis left, but as has been stated previously, there were a number of reasons why we parted ways - which I can't and won't be going into details about
2. The art is an ongoing process. The Standard Edition sideart and backglass are effectively approved. The playfield layout has changed and evolved, which means the artwork naturally does too. The LCD animations are a work in progress, and are being submitted regularly to FOX
I hope this clears up points a little. We are very happy with our relationship with FOX. Could it be a faster process - yes it could - but that's just the way licensing works, for better or for worse

THANK YOU ANDREW!!!...the guy responds before I have time to respond to Aurich's post.....pretty amazing...

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

At least we know they aren't going the JPop rout...do the art first and then try and fit the mechs he can't get to work around the art.

Heighways business model and whatever you want to call the JPop fiasco couldn't be further apart on infinite levels...

#1206 3 years ago

#44 here on Alien LE

I ordered before Jpop went down and would still do it today obviously because I can get a refund.

I got TH refund after expo and jumped on this one after seeing Andrew and crew discuss and reveal things

I will always be ok putting down $1k or $1500 on a pin for pinball innovators. Never get sucked into the Jpop rabbit hole again though

Plus this pin has gotten cheaper the last several months in U.S. Dollars

#1207 3 years ago

Since this is one off my all time favorite movies i also want this in your game

alien.jpg

#1208 3 years ago

Love that kickback concept

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Since this is one off my all time favorite movies i also want this in your game
alien.jpg

Those are all pretty cool, especially the lock/kickback!

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will always be ok putting down $1k or $1500 on a pin for pinball innovators. Never get sucked into the Jpop rabbit hole again though

Yeah, I'm on the list for Rob Zombie, and if I stay committed I have no issue with the $1000 deposit. But I'm not paying to develop a game, or paying for the thing in full years before it eventually ships. Big difference between crowd funding a game, and putting down a "yes I'm serious" deposit.

#1211 3 years ago

I played several games on FT at Pintastic, and spent some time with Romain Fontaine having him show me the "guts" of the game design. Top removal of the glass is very easy (saves a ton of space, as you guys know), then the side art panels are able to be lifted out of their channels - effortless. Then the playfield is ready to come out after 3 very simple electrical dis-connnects. The inside cabinet and under playfield engineering are clean and very impressive. While the FT racing theme is not my cup of tea, I completely agree with Oldpinguy - the machine plays fantastic. I am not a great player (I think my wife whipped my butt just about every game on FT but maybe one), but even I can appreciate that the flow and speed are terrific.

I am a huge Alien fan, like many of you, but have been reluctant to pre-order an LE after having watched those other train wrecks here on Pinside (I truly feel really bad for all those affected). But, after listening to Andrew's presentation, having Romain walk me through their design tech, and knowing that Aurich is working to insure we have terrific art - I am going to grab an LE slot this week. And, if any of Star Gazer's toys make it into this pin - well, talk about over the top!

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from Gooch:

I am going to grab an LE slot this week.

Congratulations on your Super pin. I think you have chosen very wisely and you'll probably never regret going LE on this one.

As a fan myself, I think this title will be best appreciated and enjoyed with the "full treatment" LE Anniversary extras too.

#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from Gooch:

after listening to Andrew's presentation, having Romain walk me through their design tech, and knowing that Aurich is working to insure we have terrific art - I am going to grab an LE slot this week. And, if any of Star Gazer's toys make it into this pin - well, talk about over the top!

Congrats....welcome!!!

#1214 3 years ago

I thought Andrew showed the pop caps at Pintastic? I should really find the video of that and see what he showed.

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought Andrew showed the pop caps at Pintastic? I should really find the video of that and see what he showed.

For Aliens? Nothing shown on any posted videos I've seen. The Alien pop bumper caps were going to be egg pods, right?

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

For Aliens? Nothing shown on any posted videos I've seen. The Alien pop bumper caps were going to be egg pods, right?

I was going to show them, but decided against it - so as to not risk upsetting FOX.

They are translucent, molded eggs that sit on top of the pop bumpers.

We have 5 strong LEDs in each pop bumper body - so we can have a whole range of lighting effects inside the eggs. Initial lighting tests have gone very well. Glowing ... pulsing eggs - we think they look great!

#1217 3 years ago

I was going to show them, but decided against it - so as to not risk upsetting FOX.
We have 5 strong LEDs in each pop bumper body - so we can have a whole range of lighting effects inside the eggs. Initial lighting tests have gone very well. Glowing ... pulsing eggs - we think they look great!

You guys are freaking awesome! This is fantastic news! You rock Andrew. You're a Rock Star. Thanks for the new bit of news. I've been on pins and needles since the title announcement just relishing every detail I can find.

Glowing...pulsing eggs - ...and faints...

#1218 3 years ago

whoaah...And i didn't even know that!

#1219 3 years ago

If Alien LE was in my game room tomorrow, it would be a long Wait!! I can't wait to receive my Alien LE!
I'm just glad I'll have Full Throttle to keep busy until it shows up.

#1220 3 years ago

#67 locked and loaded. Terribly cliche to go after my year of birth, but waddya gonna do?

#1221 3 years ago

I can see it now. The eggs glowing a dark brown with a slow soft gold pulsing like a sleeping heartbeat and a still darker color that jumps from side to side a bit randomly every now and again to simulate tiny face huggers shifting about in their post larval form... Suddenly a "grenade" comes bouncing in their little chamber area rattling around and Pow... Bang... Splat... bright Green flashes of acid blood blind your eyes, a long high pitched curdling hissed scream of anguish starts rising from some far corner as the unseen Queen reacts in a hot rage. The shaker motor starts tracing the motion trackers' increases in pinging on the playfield LCD grid ...it's showing movement in front AND behind ...and then WHOOOSHHH! ... a cloud of fog eminates from underneath your pin and starts roiling throughout your immediate surroundings. You forget what your supposed to be doing because mother just activated the warning Klaxon and yellow flashes of light from revolving beacons are chasing shadows all around the room causing your throat to constrict because the reflections from those beacons are bouncing back and forth at you from the mirrored translight... and whats this? ...the translight is pulsing and glowing... it's been mimicking what the eggs were doing this whole time...

Or not, ...I'm just thinking that could be cool. Or the pop bumpers could make gun noises. Perhaps different light show and sounds for different modes.

Muahahaha... There really are no limits! Just imagination!

I'm hoping there will be a great surround sound mix to take advantage of the hi-fi hookup capabilities.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I can see it now. The eggs glowing a dark brown with a slow soft gold pulsing like a sleeping hearbeat and a still darker color that jumps from side to side a bit randomly every now and again to simulate tiny face huggers shifting about in their post larval form... Suddenly a "grenade" comes bouncing in their little chamber area rattling around and Pow... Bang... Splat... bright Green flashes of acid blood blind your eyes, a long high pitched curdling hissed scream of anguish starts rising from some far corner as the unseen Queen reacts in a hot rage. The shaker motor starts tracing her foot steps as she gets closer. The motion tracker is pinging showing movement in front and behind and then WHOOOSHHH! ... a cloud of fog eminates from underneath your pin and starts to spread through out your immediate surroundings. You forget what your supposed to be doing because mother just activated the warning Klaxon and yellow flashes of light from revolving beacons are chasing shadows all around the room causing your throat to constrict because the reflections from those beacons are bouncing back and forth at you from the mirrored translight... and whats this? ...the translight is pulsing and glowing... it's been mimicking what the eggs were doing this whole time...
Or not, ...I'm just thinking that could be cool. Or the pop bumpers could make gun noises. Perhaps different light show and sounds for different modes.
Muahahaha... There really are no limits! Just imagination!
I'm hoping there will be a great surround sound mix to take advantage of the hi-fi hookup capabilities.

Good Stuff! I really like the idea of the pop bumpers changing noises per mode.

#1223 3 years ago

Holy smokes!!!...awesome Andrew...I can't wait to see and play this pin!!!

#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Terribly cliche to go after my year of birth, but waddya gonna do?

Cliche, huh? Ok, I'm in as well. #58 LE here. Year of my birth. Can't wait!

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Cliche, huh? Ok, I'm in as well. #58 LE here. Year of my birth. Can't wait!

Geezers...

#1226 3 years ago

Easy now....'59 here......although my AlienLE shall be #212...to do battle w my #212 TRONLE....let the games begin!!!...

#1227 3 years ago

Yeah, mine was #112 to match my Predator. Had to switch to #187. You guys are old enough to be my dad... Born in '85.

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Yeah, mine was #112 to match my Predator. Had to switch to #187. You guys are old enough to be my dad... Born in '85.

Close...my oldest daughter born in '87.....pretty cool that a title like this can transcend generations...

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

pretty cool that a title like this can transcend generations...

Heh, I was born in '77, so splitting the difference here I guess. I honestly couldn't care less what my LE # is, whatever Andrew sends over is fine by me.

#1230 3 years ago

Pulsing eggs equals epicness.

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, I was born in '77, so splitting the difference here I guess. I honestly couldn't care less what my LE # is, whatever Andrew sends over is fine by me.

Year I graduated High School...guess I am old...

#1232 3 years ago

I said this before and I'll say it again. I watch this thread like a hawk because I'm REALLY wanting to see how this pin turns out. I LOVE the Alien films and the idea of those flashers lighting up my gameroom as I blast the alien creatures while being accompanied by the pulse rifle sound effect after a well placed pinball shot (Who am I kidding, I suck at pinball). The movie sound effects alone would be enough to make this pin ROCK!! Love the idea of the egg pop bumpers, plus the mod ideas mentioned by Star Gazer of possible toys on the pin. (Andrew, sign that boy up). If I wasn't so paranoid about pre-ordering a pin again, I would have sent my money in. I know once the playfield specs and pics are released I'll give in just from the excitement of playing an Alien pin.

Still, I want Andrew and team to take their time and make this right. For us video game nerds, I don't want another Alien:Colonial Marines fiasco (if you guys know what I mean). Plus, it gives me time to save my money up to get this bad boy.

#1233 3 years ago

Actually I prefer old fart or codger....

Quoted from MK6PIN:

.pretty cool that a title like this can transcend generations...

Agreed. I think most sci-fi stuff spans generations. I loved this movie theme and can't wait to see what Heighway comes up with. I'm hoping they can capture a lot of the suspense of the movie. The pulsing egg and beacons will definitely make some of that happen.

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I said this before and I'll say it again. I watch this thread like a hawk because I'm REALLY wanting to see how this pin turns out. I LOVE the Alien films and the idea of those flashers lighting up my gameroom as I blast the alien creatures while being accompanied by the pulse rifle sound effect after a well placed pinball shot (Who am I kidding, I suck at pinball). The movie sound effects alone would be enough to make this pin ROCK!! Love the idea of the egg pop bumpers, plus the mod ideas mentioned by Star Gazer of possible toys on the pin. (Andrew, sign that boy up). If I wasn't so paranoid about pre-ordering a pin again, I would have sent my money in. I know once the playfield specs and pics are released I'll give in just from the excitement of playing an Alien pin.
Still, I want Andrew and team to take their time and make this right. For us video game nerds, I don't want another Alien:Colonial Marines fiasco (if you guys know what I mean). Plus, it gives me time to save my money up to get this bad boy.

I agree, but I would be concerned with the LE's selling out quickly after pics/videos of the playfield are released. I can see the remaining LE's selling out in a day after the announcement. To me putting down $1500 to secure an LE early was a no brainer.

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Actually I prefer old fart or codger....

Geezers, Old Farts, and Codgers... Oh, my!

Wait a minute... this is Alien, not WOZ.

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I agree, but I would be concerned with the LE's selling out quickly after pics/videos of the playfield are released. I can see the remaining LE's selling out in a day after the announcement. To me putting down $1500 to secure an LE early was a no brainer.

The more I think about this, the more I feel I should place a deposit. I told myself not to preorder until I've at least seen the playfield/artwork, but reading this thread is making it really hard for me. Between Aurich's comments, Heighway's great communication & the FullT reviews.....I'm really feeling confident about this game & this company.

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The more I think about this, the more I feel I should place a deposit. I told myself not to preorder until I've at least seen the playfield/artwork, but reading this thread is making it really hard for me. Between Aurich's comments, Heighway's great communication & the FullT reviews.....I'm really feeling confident about this game & this company.

Well I'm not a fan of pre-ordering, I wouldn't want to try and talk anyone else into doing it.

But that said, I'm in on Spoooky's Rob Zombie, and it's basically the same model as Heighway is using. So I guess I'm down to endorse the "put down deposit to hold spot and show you're serious, pay the rest when game is ready" model. It feels like a reasonable compromise.

The important thing to me is you a) don't pay in full without the game being done, and b) you're not funding development of the game. Both lead to too much heartache.

Heighway isn't asking for the rest of the money until your game is ready to be built, and they have independent financing, they aren't using pre-order money to fund making a game, and then not having any cash when it's time to build or something. So they pass that test.

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I know Zamp. Every time I buy something pin related I think about how I should be saving the cash and buy the Alien pin. Haven't been super excited about a pin announcement since Stern announced TWD.

#1239 3 years ago

Just curious and not to start a debate, but any future window of when the Alien pin will be developed? Only asking because I'm always thinking of ways to crunch the finances to get this puppy.

#1240 3 years ago

I'd at least like to see a recent whitewood...

#1241 3 years ago

One more!...could not resist...now i'm gonna leave you guys alone, just make it awesome!

alien_sentry_01.jpg

#1242 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Typical mind set of people getting caught up in the hype and feeling the "need" to pre-order for fear of missing out.

I used to let myself get caught up in this myself. No longer, even for a theme as great as Alien, and a company that seems to have it together like Heighway. But even Heighway hasn't shipped any pins in quantity yet.

If I miss out on an Alien LE, such is life. A non LE version will be just fine with me. Especially since it appears I can order any extras for the regular version, meaning the only differences will be artwork and the powder coating. It will be cheaper too. So it's easy for me to wait.

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

One more!...could not resist...now i'm gonna leave you guys alone, just make it awesome!
alien_sentry_01.jpg

What if the sentry guns blew air back and forth to push the ball away? lol!

#1244 3 years ago

Those sentry guns are clever, but they just look like a massive headache as far as getting broken from ball strikes.

#1245 3 years ago

Not if their made of metal?

#1246 3 years ago

adamantium?

#1248 3 years ago

Carbon Fiber?

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Typical mind set of people getting caught up in the hype and feeling the "need" to pre-order for fear of missing out.
I used to let myself get caught up in this myself. No longer, even for a theme as great as Alien, and a company that seems to have it together like Heighway. But even Heighway hasn't shipped any pins in quantity yet.
If I miss out on an Alien LE, such is life. A non LE version will be just fine with me. Especially since it appears I can order any extras for the regular version, meaning the only differences will be artwork and the powder coating. It will be cheaper too. So it's easy for me to wait.

I hear what you're saying. The hype hasn't taken hold on me, just peaking my interest on a dream theme pin. Valid points for sure, but it's not really a "pre-order" since I'm not required to pay in full. More like an "LE reservation" for a small deposit, which is fully refundable if you change your mind. That's the key point. There really isn't much risk, and I think it's a nice option. As far as the upgrades, I'd probably guess that after you pay for the LE feature upgrades to a standard (along with a 2nd LED for the backbox), you'll probably be pretty close to the same price as the LE, so why not just make a deposit?

But seeing the current playfield schematic would really tempt me to bite on a LE tho

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I hear what you're saying. The hype hasn't taken hold on me, just peaking my interest on a dream theme pin. Valid points for sure, but it's not really a "pre-order" since I'm not required to pay in full. More like an "LE reservation" for a small deposit, which is fully refundable if you change your mind. That's the key point. There really isn't much risk, and I think it's a nice option. As far as the upgrades, I'd probably guess that after you pay for the LE feature upgrades to a standard (along with a 2nd LED for the backbox), you'll probably be pretty close to the same price as the LE, so why not just make a deposit?
But seeing the current playfield schematic would really tempt me to bite on a LE tho

Right. Not pre-ordering, but a fully refundable reservation. That's a great way to put it. Very little risk involved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
16,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
There are 23983 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 480.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside