pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 601.
#12401 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hi Andrew, I was seriously looking at one of these, however it really was bothering me that they are trickling out and taking so long. Does it bother anyone else sitting on the fence? Andrew can you let me know if your company is strong and viable enough to get all ordered machines out in a timely fashion? Not looking to read your financials had the pleasure, Cough Cough, of reading Zidwares' however been stung so many times I would at least like your honest synopsis of the situation and a rough time line to delivery if ordered today. Cheers and keep up the good work, the machine is looking great!

Definitely call Andrew and discuss your concerns
He is the real deal and the investment in all the machinery at the Factory speaks volumes to me.
Paid in Full for an Alien LE

#12402 7 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

He is the real deal and the investment in all the machinery at the Factory speaks volumes to me.

Plus the fact that they've already made another title and delivered it

#12403 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

If you must have an LE,...

LE schmellee (had to rhyme it, lol). All the significant (#) pin releases have regularly been available on the used market and this one won't be any different. Plus, and this will really bake your noodle (sidebar: there's another great theme ), imo, Heighway would be crazy to have not set up similar licensing potential to what JJP does. If the demand is there (so many here are gaga for the pin and it's a great theme) can you say future Hudson edition, Bishop edition, Nostromo edition?

#12404 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

LE schmellee (had to rhyme it, lol). All the significant (#) pin releases have regularly been available on the used market and this one won't be any different. Plus, and this will really bake your noodle (sidebar: there's another great theme ), imo, Heighway would be crazy to have not set up similar licensing potential to what JJP does. If the demand is there (so many here are gaga for the pin and it's a great theme) can you say future Hudson edition, Bishop edition, Nostromo edition?

I really hope Heighway doesnt go that route but, the way Fox is dragging their feet on approving artwork i dont think they could do that many editions before the license is up

#12405 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I really hope Heighway doesnt go that route but, the way Fox is dragging their feet on approving artwork i dont think they could do that many editions before the license is up

Highway is not JJP....they will not go that route.

#12406 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

After all that has happened with Kulek, jpop, and now probably DP, I have NO IDEA why people who are concerned about their money would buy ANY pin that hasnt proven to be backed by a reputable company with resources, save for Stern(Of course you hope it gets decent code within a 5 year time frame).

I think the "I got it firstish" is just to big a draw for some people. I could not imagine losing $10,000, $20,000 + thousand dollars once or twice before, and then ready to jump in again. Just wait a year and see how it shakes out, that's where the truth will be told.

#12407 7 years ago

Legit game. Ball 3 didn't last long, sadly...

Image uploaded from iOS (resized).jpgImage uploaded from iOS (resized).jpg

#12408 7 years ago

Where are the slingshot facehuggers?

#12409 7 years ago

I am eagerly waiting for the first Alien tot show up in Belgium and log about 3 hours of play onto it. Then I will decide if I buy ...
Looks extremely promising though

#12410 7 years ago

@Ferret, Hi Joe, may I ask a boring technical question? I've always wondered if the code for a full game is state machine within a state machine ad infinitum. You know, start with the ultimate state, game on or game off, etc etc, then keep inserting new states deeper and deeper, or if there is always still some element of linear code with a bunch of nested IFs. I guess there are a lot of home brew venues where I could explore the answer to this, but just thought I would ask in the context of Alien and your approach.
In my own humble experience of light shows I know that as I become better at coding I use more and more state machines, but wonder what the end game is, and what a really elegant full game looks like.

#12411 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That prototype game life.

#12412 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ferret, Hi Joe, may I ask a boring technical question? I've always wondered if the code for a full game is state machine within a state machine ad infinitum. You know, start with the ultimate state, game on or game off, etc etc, then keep inserting new states deeper and deeper, or if there is always still some element of linear code with a bunch of nested IFs. I guess there are a lot of home brew venues where I could explore the answer to this, but just thought I would ask in the context of Alien and your approach.

We use a mix of techniques... there are state machines; every display and sound and lighting effect is tagged with a priority, and a prioritization manager helps sequence things; and yes, there are even places where just a cascading series of "if" statements is the most effective approach. As you may know, Brian Dominy created the underlying platform used by Heighway Pinball's games, and it's generally really well thought out and easy to work with.

Quoted from PeterG:

What Aurich said ... my game is a dev prototype that was built 3.5 months ago. No slingshot Facehuggers.

#12413 7 years ago

"What Aurich said ... my game is a dev prototype that was built 3.5 months ago. No slingshot Facehuggers." - Ferret

Well, Joe, if your excellent score was obtained on your prototype game, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it means that it cannot be recognized as an "official" stellar performance

#12414 7 years ago

But... but by definition it's not modded or anything!

#12415 7 years ago

It's gotta be easier playing without the threat of a facehugger grabbing you and impregnating you with some Alien chest-burting sperm.

#12416 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Alien chest-bursting sperm.

I need a T-Shirt that says this.........

#12417 7 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Well, Joe, if your excellent score was obtained on your prototype game, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it means that it cannot be recognized as an "official" stellar performance

Hey, I'm using that score at league tonight! I need every point I can get...

#12418 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

No time for facehuggers, Ferret has got coding to do

Quoted from Ferret:

Hey, I'm using that score at league tonight! I need every point I can get...

I am sure your place is the now the league venue for the year what with an Alien in the lineup

#12419 7 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

"What Aurich said ... my game is a dev prototype that was built 3.5 months ago. No slingshot Facehuggers." - Ferret

His scores are the most official because he's using the most up to date code.

#12420 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious what you define as a production game?

Games built as a large order with parts intended for mass production. not trial runs or samples intended to be tests

#12421 7 years ago

Not pinball related but figured it'd be appreciated here.. spending time with the lil ones n thought I'd snap pics

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPG

IMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (resized).JPG

IMG_0067 (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (resized).JPG

#12422 7 years ago

So I googled "plush face hugger" and there's multiple but this popped up. Needs to be a mod. An egg that launches a face hugger.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30600236&gclid=CL3R552v_9ICFQsRgQodFeoOpA&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID17724736:TRUS&cagpspn=plat_17724736&eESource=CAPLA_DF:30600236:TRUS

#12423 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hi Andrew, I was seriously looking at one of these, however it really was bothering me that they are trickling out and taking so long. Does it bother anyone else sitting on the fence? Andrew can you let me know if your company is strong and viable enough to get all ordered machines out in a timely fashion? Not looking to read your financials had the pleasure, Cough Cough, of reading Zidwares' however been stung so many times I would at least like your honest synopsis of the situation and a rough time line to delivery if ordered today. Cheers and keep up the good work, the machine is looking great!

Apologies for the delay in replying. I am way behind emails and Pinside having gone straight from Texas to Italy.

To answer your question - games are shipping out all the time at the moment - albeit in small numbers.

Everything is being done to seriously ramp up production to 100 games a month. All of the parts are on order to achieve this, and many are already in the factory. This will happen very soon - but I won't give any dates right now. I will, however, let everyone know as it happens.

We have a serious number of games to make this year and it's in our interests, as much as all of our customers', to be making large quantities of games ASAP.

#12424 7 years ago

Hey Andrew, Can you show us a picture of the different colors for the legs side by side? I like to see if the colors are flat or if they have some metallic flakes in them. I'd love to get black legs with metallic green in them but that may be something that you can't offer.

#12425 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Games built as a large order with parts intended for mass production. not trial runs or samples intended to be tests

so, the batch of 100 being built after the first 10 that were preprodcution qualifies?

#12426 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Apologies for the delay in replying. I am way behind emails and Pinside having gone straight from Texas to Italy.
To answer your question - games are shipping out all the time at the moment - albeit in small numbers.
Everything is being done to seriously ramp up production to 100 games a month. All of the parts are on order to achieve this, and many are already in the factory. This will happen very soon - but I won't give any dates right now. I will, however, let everyone know as it happens.
We have a serious number of games to make this year and it's in our interests, as much as all of our customers', to be making large quantities of games ASAP.

PR Idea: Somehow get it at the premier of the NEWest ALIEN Movie: Alien: "Covenant" This year!?

#12427 7 years ago

3RD Alien pinball on location now right?

Meta Games Unlimited in Springfield, Missouri.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/62eid9/alien_on_location/

AlienPinballinMO (resized).jpgAlienPinballinMO (resized).jpg

#12429 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Hey that is my location!

Congrats!!

....and for those keeping score - this is one of the three TPF games.

My high score so far....

A few cool things to pass on - during multi-ball I sunk three balls in the center airlock scoop. One by one, each was fired out without issue. Another neat thing was when I drained a ball thinking all was lost, hit the launch button to activate my weapon, and that somehow started ambush multi-ball. ....such a rush.

IMG_3377 (resized).JPGIMG_3377 (resized).JPG

#12430 7 years ago

I have been asked a lot of questions about the TPF machines, so would like to clarify what happened with them.

I had a lot of requests leading up to the show from potential customers who wanted to know if they could pick up machines at the show and pay cash. I said the same thing to everyone - the games at Texas belonged to Cointaker and were theirs to sell only. They ordered them a long long time ago - and they were their games to do with as they pleased.

Two new customers were sold games at the show by Cointaker.

I coulnd't be happier that Heighway has two new customers, but officially they are Cointaker customers.

#12431 7 years ago

This video got posted on YouTube three days ago....pretty good summary and shows some cool lighting effects I had not noticed before.

#12432 7 years ago

This is a really nice video to show off the lighting. Also at 3:28 you can see black bases under the flipper bats instead of the stock white ones. It looks much better.

Quoted from Astropin:

This video got posted on YouTube three days ago....pretty good summary and shows some cool lighting effects I had not noticed before.
» YouTube video

#12433 7 years ago

Scoop needs a cliffy or mantis ....... however my favorite thing about alien is the lighting by far. Very impressed by it....Screenshot_20170331-223530 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170331-223530 (resized).png

#12434 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Scoop needs a cliffy or mantis ....... however my favorite thing about alien is the lighting by far. Very impressed by it....

Good eye! Put me down for one.

Back to me and my woes about the original translight art...when I ordered mine with the 27" LCD I added on a full image one for a very reasonable price. Figure I can hang it on my wall or swap it out.

#12435 7 years ago

That looks

Quoted from bigd1979:Scoop needs a cliffy or mantis ....... however my favorite thing about alien is the lighting by far. Very impressed by it....

The light show's look beautiful!

#12436 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Good eye! Put me down for one.
Back to me and my woes about the original translight art...when I ordered mine with the 27" LCD I added on a full image one for a very reasonable price. Figure I can hang it on my wall or swap it out.

There game doesn't still come with a translite if you upgrade to the lcd?

#12437 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

No, why would they? You get one or the other. If you upgrade to an LE with Stern, do you still get the different cabinet art or different translite in a separate container?

Man, I can't wait to see Heighway give us that update we're all waiting for where like 20 games are leaving the facility...

#12438 7 years ago

Who is everyone ordering from?
Just go to cointaker, or through Highway directly?
Ive looked at both website's now.
Is there pros and cons for using contaker?

#12439 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who is everyone ordering from?
Just go to cointaker, or through Highway directly?
Ive looked at both website's now.
Is there pros and cons for using contaker?

Slightly cheaper direct.
Slightly safer through Cointaker?

#12440 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I have been asked a lot of questions about the TPF machines, so would like to clarify what happened with them.
I had a lot of requests leading up to the show from potential customers who wanted to know if they could pick up machines at the show and pay cash. I said the same thing to everyone - the games at Texas belonged to Cointaker and were theirs to sell only. They ordered them a long long time ago - and they were their games to do with as they pleased.
Two new customers were sold games at the show by Cointaker.
I coulnd't be happier that Heighway has two new customers, but officially they are Cointaker customers.

So you are saying the peolpe on the wait list that have already put money down and are in line for Alien were skipped over and people just walked in with cash and stepped in the front of the line? Am I reading this correctly? Or there is no one with cointaker with money down already waiting? Wheres the next conference you are taking games too?

#12441 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

So you are saying the peolpe on the wait list that have already put money down and are in line for Alien were skipped over and people just walked in with cash and stepped in the front of the line? Am I reading this correctly? Or there is no one with cointaker with money down already waiting? Wheres the next conference you are taking games too?

Hopefully, NW Pinball Show in June. Bring cash!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#12442 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh trust me, there are people with CT in line paid in full - I'm one of them. Seeing the games get sold at TPF didn't really bother me. I would rather have my game brand spanking new, 0 plays on it until I get it. It sounds like those games that were sold were pre-arranged a LONG time ago.

#12443 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I read it as "Cointaker" owned those games and could do whatever they wanted with them.

What's Cointaker going to do? "Hey do you want to pick up your preorder game in Texas after 400 people play it?" I don't think so.

#12444 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Scoop needs a cliffy or mantis ....... however my favorite thing about alien is the lighting by far. Very impressed by it....

Agreed on the cliffy. I wish all scoops, on all news games, by every manufacturer, came with cliffy's.

#12445 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Slightly cheaper direct.
Slightly safer through Cointaker?

Exactly the conclusion I came to.
Is it wrong i want to flip and play this machine before buying it? Even thou im already wanting it bad, love the theme!
Played Full Throttle a bunch at last years PAGG. What a great game! Ever since, been following this every step.
Really want to see an Alien at this years Pin A Go Go! Month and a half away. Can we please get one there?? Youll just sell more!

#12446 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

No, why would they? You get one or the other. If you upgrade to an LE with Stern, do you still get the different cabinet art or different translite in a separate container?...

I get your point but an LE from stern isn't an add on, its a different product. the screen is an add on

#12447 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is it wrong i want to flip and play this machine before buying it?

Actually that is the best way to go about it. I don't think Highway will stop making these anytime soon so you shouldn't have to worry.

#12448 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Agreed on the cliffy. I wish all scoops, on all news games, by every manufacturer, came with cliffy's.

Nah. Cliffy needs our money too! All modders need our money or we won't get cool mods

#12449 7 years ago

"Look out! Cliffy!"

#12450 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Sure it does, but there's no art in the center where the LCD goes. I like the look and Aurich's art on the full image translight so i ordered an extra to put in a lighted backbox and display.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.