• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 493.
#12251 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

50 meters of electrical wire or 50 meters of light up fiber optic wire/tubing?

that would make more sense...and not sure that's a good thing(or a thing at all) is it? I guess they are saying it's "complex"?

#12252 2 years ago

Please convert wiring measurements to Ford Tauruses so the rest of us can understand.

#12253 2 years ago

70-80m of wiring on Full Throttle. 50m of wiring on Alien

#12254 2 years ago

Texas1 (resized).jpg

Texas2 (resized).jpg

#12255 2 years ago

A beautiful site!!!....man, I wish I could have made it!!!

#12256 2 years ago

Can someone comment on the "pop" of the pop bumpers? My FullT was really weak and ended up being one reason I traded it out. Very interested in Alien but hoping there is more action off the pops and slings.

#12257 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Can someone comment on the "pop" of the pop bumpers? My FullT was really weak and ended up being one reason I traded it out. Very interested in Alien but hoping there is more action off the pops and slings.

Brian has new pops code for testing now, think Joe is gonna try it after the weekend. It's not on the show machines though.

#12258 2 years ago

Line is consistently long but I've gotten in as many games as I could so far, loving the game and will be placing my order asap

#12259 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

He must be referring to the games overall wiring, FT ramps cant be 18m long if each ramps side/edge was laid out in one continuous line & Aliens ramps are not nearly 3 times longer surely

Correct, game wiring.

#12260 2 years ago

The pops are downright dissapointing , no matter how many times the code has been tweaked . They need to be fixed , they suck .

#12261 2 years ago

Pops and slings were quite active at TPF. The pops much more so than in some of the vids I've seen. Don't think anyone will be disappointed with the pop action.

#12262 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

The pops are downright dissapointing , no matter how many times the code has been tweaked . They need to be fixed , they suck .

Quoted from sed6:

Pops and slings were quite active at TPF. The pops much more so than in some of the vids I've seen. Don't think anyone will be disappointed with the pop action.

Well, those are opposite ends of the spectrum!

#12263 2 years ago

Pop goes the weasel..lol....

#12264 2 years ago

Yep....but are BOTH of those people playing the games at TPF?

#12265 2 years ago

Yes but I just played six games of Alien, so...

#12266 2 years ago

my le is coming...#72....can't wait..

#12267 2 years ago

Fast flow. How did u like the multi- ball?

#12268 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Yes but I just played six games of Alien, so...

Yeah. I just thought it funny both those were back to back

#12269 2 years ago

Good call..... Did u get to play the jetsons? I heard it's fast but not much going on . Just spell the names of Judy so on...

#12270 2 years ago

Yes they are very weak on ft and the current aliens ..... hope they get this worked out. I believe its the type they use and the voltages.....

#12271 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yes they are very weak on ft

had s/w update and mine seem fine..

#12272 2 years ago

I notice on some videos, it seems that when the left and right ramp return the ball to the inlane it stutters and sometimes bounces out from the top (instead of feeding the flipper). Probably not critical, but might be worth seeing if this can be adjusted.

#12273 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No idea but any that ive ever played or worked on were not very powerful whiich led to not much action.....

#12274 2 years ago

Kind of a bummer he didn't hit on the elephant in the room: timetable for shipping games. Then again, maybe he is keeping from forecasting such details in case a window gets missed. If that's the case, I genuinely don't blame him.

#12275 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yes they are very weak on ft and the current aliens ..... hope they get this worked out. I believe its the type they use and the voltages.....

We are working on some major improvements relating to this right now

Quoted from NPO:

Kind of a bummer he didn't hit on the elephant in the room: timetable for shipping games. Then again, maybe he is keeping from forecasting such details in case a window gets missed. If that's the case, I genuinely don't blame him.

Yes, I've learnt the hard way that actions speak louder than words

#12276 2 years ago

So great that you have simple and effective communication with the pinball community and potential buyers. Honestly, that is huge and I sincerely thank you for the updates.

#12277 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Q: What is the link to the page for software updates?
I'm excited about the Alien machine but the web page could really use some work.
Nothing fancy, just updated photos of the machine and a page with links to the manual, software updates, and comparison matrix.
There should be a SUPPORT link in this ribbon with software update.
hw bar (resized).png

#12278 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Heighway Team: Thank you for the excellent communication. This experience really shows the community a stark contrast between you & other pinball companies. Along with better designed & built machines and a playfield that does not become dented all to heck the 1st time it gets played... well let's just say, I'll be checking out every new machine Heighway releases. Keep pursuing awesome licences. I'm confident Alien is going to be a big seller for you.

#12279 2 years ago

Suggestion to Heighway: I've been watching and re-watching the dead flip video. Currently I'm more than an hour into a 3 hour video.
The Xenomorph has never grabbed the ball. The 4 players are commenting about the Xeno not doing anything and are now rather obsessed with getting it to grab the ball. I don't know what the number of hits required is, but a code update or a menu setting to control the number of hits required would be nice. I think 5 would be plenty. But currently 4 guys have been hitting the thing for an hour and still no action. The Xeno does screach when hit, but still no action.

#12280 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Suggestion to Heighway: I've been watching and re-watching the dead flip video. Currently I'm more than an hour into a 3 hour video.
The Xenomorph has never grabbed the ball. The 4 players are commenting about the Xeno not doing anything and are now rather obsessed with getting it to grab the ball. I don't know what the number of hits required is, but a code update or a menu setting to control the number of hits required would be nice. I think 5 would be plenty. But currently 4 guys have been hitting the thing for an hour and still no action. The Xeno does screach when hit, but still no action.
» YouTube video

I was the previous "head-gate" prosecutor

Here is Andrews reply after the dead flip stream concerns.

The xeno is a shadow of what it will eventually become.
Most of the improvements will be software-related. We will be co-ordinating audio and video to how and when she reacts. We also have plans to integrate real flashers here for the xeno as well.
As for the pop bumpers - we are working on this and will look to improve this part of the game too

#12281 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I think I read that they will also be making it clearer how many hits remain... important if you want to activate at a strategic time.

#12282 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think I read that they will also be making it clearer how many hits remain... important if you want to activate at a strategic time.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Thanks Guys !

#12283 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Q: What is the link to the page for software updates?

I get emails from support with links and attachments. Not sure if they have some dedicated page that always has this stuff. They've been responsive anytime I had a question.

Quoted from bigd1979:

No idea but any that ive ever played or worked on were not very powerful whiich led to not much action.....

No idea either, I own one, mine are good. Sounds like Andrew is working on turning them in to a jackhammer to make people happy though!

#12284 2 years ago

Did they mention anything about the game + kit package pricing?

#12285 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ok i cant be a dick tease. I like this one best out of what was shown. Nothing official , nothing approved.
Jeff

Cool. Did Heighway also show the LE backbox artwork?

#12286 2 years ago

I told myself not to get too excited about ordering a SE until they start shipping in droves... but damnit I can NOT WAIT! The more pictures I see and videos I watch the drool just happens!

Anybody have any ideas if there will be an Alien at the Allentown show the beginning of May?

#12287 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

» YouTube video

I can add to what others have said and I mention it in the video also. THat is a preproduction game and I needed to adjust the opto. yhe new code also has bette mag pulse to help the opto see the ball.

In other words the xeno head works, just needed some operator adjustment

#12288 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can add to what others have said and I mention it in the video also. THat is a preproduction game and I needed to adjust the opto. yhe new code also has bette mag pulse to help the opto see the ball.
In other words the xeno head works, just needed some operator adjustment

Thanks WhySnow for the update.
If you have time, it would be awesome to see a new video of the game play with the head working.
Assuming you are Madison Pinball, if you have some time to shoot a short video to share of game play where the xeno head does its thing I'm sure lots of people would like to see when it happens and how many hits are needed, what mode or mission is in progress when the head works. Its the only interactive toy so its of great interest to see what role it plays.

#12289 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks WhySnow for the update.
If you have time, it would be awesome to see a new video of the game play with the head working.
Assuming you are Madison Pinball, if you have some time to shoot a short video to share of game play where the xeno head does its thing I'm sure lots of people would like to see when it happens and how many hits are needed, what mode or mission is in progress when the head works. Its the only interactive toy so its of great interest to see what role it plays.

I am hoping for a few final pieces needed to finish up the production light board install and then getting things prepped for the launch party next Sat. Ill try to grab some video and also trying to get a local buddy that has been wanting to try out streaming to possibly set up a rig next weekend on Aliens. We shall see, but all this is also couched in my ticking clock to get my Viking restoration finished up in time for MGC...

eeeekkkkk, I need another weekend!

#12290 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Hmm what is this about????

Hmmm, for me personally the green standard artwork is looking cooler than the "unconfirmed" LE artwork. Even I will go for LE regarding the additional options but the LE artwork is making me little bit
weak minded

#12291 2 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Hmmm, for me personally the green standard artwork is looking cooler than the "unconfirmed" LE artwork. Even I will go for LE regarding the additional options but the LE artwork is making me little bit
weak minded

+1

I've also ordered the LE, but imho what I've seen here...the standard artwork (BG) looks better.

#12292 2 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

weak minded

Quoted from wizzard:

+1
I've also ordered the LE, but imho what I've seen here...the standard artwork (BG) looks better.

Feature matrix says "standard artwork included"

Does that apply to translite and side art?

#12293 2 years ago

If you listen to the audio - thats not the back glass Andrew says a few times they went down a different path (which is good lol)

Side art looks nice. But we've been told from the beginning that the STD art is included as well, so you can use it if you prefer it over the LE.

#12294 2 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

Not a problem with the LE. You get both, so install the one you prefer. The thing that a lesser LE art package will do is steer people away from the blue armor.

#12295 2 years ago

Did anyone manage to record the whole presentation from start to finish?

#12296 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Did they mention anything about the game + kit package pricing?

I emailed Heighway directly about that very same question. No update yet on such package pricing, but the response I got leads me to believe there will eventually be something offered - they're just not sure when. Guessing they're still trying to ramp up production and deal with all the ancillary things that have surfaced over the last few months - FT owner CPU upgrade, shows, Alien changes, kit shipping package, etc.

I'm anxiously awaiting this as I think a package deal will make me jump on board...

#12297 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

EDIT: I see what you mean...lol Yeah I thought that was one of the tall skinny beacons on first glance. I think this photo was a conspiracy to embarrass me!! Damn my eyes are worse than I thought.

Quoted from joelreeves:

Alien booth. Almost our turn!

the integration of the phone on the far right is a nice touch too...

#12298 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

What? Just a white cabinet with the words "Alien Pinball LE Artwork" on it? Kind of on the nose and disappointing.

excellent...

#12299 2 years ago

Awesome.... thax... i may just get a alien in the future ....thanks for being such a nice business owner on the forums and especially in person....

#12300 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Now the "fiber optic" lighting for $800, someone explain THAT one to me...

Andrew hinted that the fiber optics should be revealed in the next few weeks. I've done some more research on fiber optic lighting and I think the $800 may be a fair price. Of course you can get single color fiber optics for about $150, but color changing fiber optics (as I believe Andrew said Alien will have) is MUCH more expensive. I found some consumer grade color changing fiber optic kits for about $750 online. Add R&D costs and profit or whatnot and their pricing seems reasonable. Now whether is adds $800 in greatness to the game...guess we'll see. I want to order the pin NOW but I may wait until the FO is revealed. If I recall correctly that is one option that cannot be added later, like a shaker or EL side art can be. IF the FO turns into a must have for me, I'm going to consider ditching the 27" LCD to help cover the cost. After about a dozen games this weekend I realized I rarely looked at the backbox screen while playing (except between balls) and NEVER looked at the PF LCD, once.

Well that's not entirely true, several times the seam at the bottom of the screen grabbed my ball and it 'magically' traveled horizontally across the PF. The first two times it happened I thought there was a magnet underneath that moved left and right, so much so that I inspected under the PF for one! I hope that's a small QC problem (flushing the screen to the PF) that Heighway can address.

Here's a few additional pics for your enjoyment. I must say the illuminated cabinet art is so spectacular it really must be displayed at the end of a row to be enjoyed by everyone!

20170325_112448 (resized).jpg

20170325_112445 (resized).jpg

20170325_112622 (resized).jpg

20170325_112611 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside