pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 601.
#12001 7 years ago

Anyword on the Dave sanders interview?

#12002 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anyword on the Dave sanders interview?

I just have to review it and post it Derek. Internet was very bad in Italy so I couldn't deal with it - but I'll take care of it this weekend

#12003 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hi Andrew,
Do the games in Italy now have the planned flasher installed for the Alien head? Also, do you think we will see LE's revealed by or at the Texas Pinball Festival?
Thank you

No, they don't have the flashers installed yet.

Can we reveal anything about the LEs at TPF? We still aren't sure and I don't want to give any false hope. If we can then we will.

#12004 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Predator 2 was a great film and even if you didn't like it I think it would translate well into pinball modes, I have to ask, Why didn't some of you guys like it? I found it to be like Robocop 2, yeah nothing was going to be as good as the original but they didn't ruin the series or anything, I thought it was a great sequel.

I liked Predator 2 just fine and hey, its got Danny Glover so what's to complain about?
Sure its not the original but it was a good movie IMO. Original game callouts from Danny would be good, but Arnold would be best. (doubt Arnold would do it though)

#12005 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Original game callouts from Danny would be good, but Arnold would be best. (doubt Arnold would do it though)

Arnold does mobile apps, so...

#12006 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Arnold does mobile apps, so...

Ummm Yes, You are correct. So maybe he will do it

#12007 7 years ago

That would be cool if Arnold would do another pinball, but for comparison, Machine Zone (who makes Mobile Strike) appears to be worth somewhere between 6 and 9 billion $ so that may have had some effect on his decision making to do mobile apps

#12008 7 years ago

Eh, there's plenty of more interesting movies to theme on.
...Blade runner

#12009 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Eh, there's plenty of more interesting movies to theme on.
...Blade runner

Blade Runner would be amazing. That would be my #2 dream theme (right after "The Matrix").

#12010 7 years ago

I sent an email to Heighway's info email, haven't heard back.

Does the $4350 Alien Kit include the required computer upgrade?

#12011 7 years ago

thats a question all those that have supported the company by purchasing the full throttles want to know !

#12012 7 years ago

Why the F**K would you spend $550.00 on a 27" commercial LCD for home use only? This is why there is a display on the playfield right where you eyes are. The purpose of a backbox display is to attract attention in a public venue. I can think of better ways to spend that money.

#12013 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

thats a question all those that have supported the company by purchasing the full throttles want to know !

I'm afraid that the answer may not paint their company in a flattering light, and that may be why we haven't heard anything.

#12014 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm afraid that the answer may not paint their company in a flattering light, and that may be why we haven't heard anything.

I am pretty sure they just dont have all the things worked out quite yet.

Given Andrews customer service and dedication to taking care of those that were early adopters, I believe him when he says he will take care of us with Full Throttle. No need to be skeptical Russ. Let the man figure out the kit logistics for those of us with original FullT and then we can lynch him if we are not happy

#12015 7 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Why the F**K would you spend $550.00 on a 27" commercial LCD for home use only? This is why there is a display on the playfield right where you eyes are. The purpose of a backbox display is to attract attention in a public venue. I can think of better ways to spend that money.

I wonder the price of a headless unit with no coin door or back box for home use.

#12016 7 years ago

Why the F**K would you spend $550.00 on a 27" commercial LCD for home use only?

simple

it looks amazing. It also really sets the mood of the game (lighting/ light) in many ways.

#12017 7 years ago

Why the F**K would you spend $550.00 on a 27" commercial LCD for home use only?

i wasted$500 bucks in the pin world for alot dumber shit , my friends that come over love it , more importantly i love it .

#12018 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

i wasted$500 bucks in the pin world for alot dumber shit , my friends that come over love it , more importantly i love it .

Well, you're lucky. I moved a few years ago for my job and don't have many new friends and can't find anyone that gives a shit about pinball. I live in the county. Neighbors are nerds. I want to buy an aliens, but will only enjoy playing with my wife. So no need for 27" display.

#12019 7 years ago

It's great to have a choice!!

#12020 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I wonder the price of a headless unit with no coin door or back box for home use.

ISH!

#12021 7 years ago

I have a question if I may. Will the Alien pins at TPF be running production boards?

#12022 7 years ago

How about bringing one of these to the Rocky Mnt Pinball Showdown in Denver this June?

#12023 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am pretty sure they just dont have all the things worked out quite yet.
Given Andrews customer service and dedication to taking care of those that were early adopters, I believe him when he says he will take care of us with Full Throttle. No need to be skeptical Russ. Let the man figure out the kit logistics for those of us with original FullT and then we can lynch him if we are not happy

I hear you. I support Heighway. But, why would they not have done the kits first? It seems like it would be simpler than building complete games. It would've built good will for the early adopters and supporters of a new company. Instead, complete games are going out and orders are being placed. We, the very few Full Throttle early adopters are left waiting. Poor form, imho.

#12024 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I hear you. I support Heighway. But, why would they not have done the kits first? It seems like it would be simpler than building complete games. It would've built good will for the early adopters and supporters of a new company. Instead, complete games are going out and orders are being placed. We, the very few Full Throttle early adopters are left waiting. Poor form, imho.

Not only that, you have to buy the upgrade kit and do not have the recessed version to run the inner sideblades....

#12025 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

How much cash injection do you think came from releasing two games to operators who advertised them in comps and video streaming gameplay?
How much cash injection would Come from supplying kits to FT owners?
There's your answer.

#12026 7 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Awesome thread!!!

Makes ya wanna watch the movies again?

#12027 7 years ago

I wish there was like a queue on the website to what customer is in line for each game next.

#12028 7 years ago

Skipping the monitor is an option if you prefer to save some money, but personally, I want my pinball machines to look and feel the same as the ones on location. That's why I want a coin door even though I don't "need" it. Keep in mind this is a pinball machine. Its expensive, so $550 for a full color HD "DMD replacement" is fine by me. .

As a side note:
From what I've seen so far, (& heard from people who have seen the display in person) the Alien backbox display looks amazing.

#12029 7 years ago

My 2 cents about the backbox monitor: you already get a very good color display in the playfield. The backbox monitor costs extra, yes, but is not needed in any way for the game to function and function very good. Having the main display in the playfield where your eyes are takes some getting used to but it works great once you do.

Having the same display but much larger in the backbox is just very cool and good looking. If I see what some mods are being sold for (and I mean mods that are just cosmetic) than the commercial grade monitor is relatively cheap. And the monitor does add something to the game also as you can watch your bonus and scoring when you walk away making room for another player or when having a drink in between balls.

Also I know that Heighway is also exploring the possibility to display more or other things on the second screen. Will not be with this game but maybe for one of the next games. If that will happen you will need the screen when using the same cabinet or you have to buy another full game with monitor and the old one will look dated next to one with the screen

#12030 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Skipping the monitor is an option if you prefer to save some money, but personally, I want my pinball machines to look and feel the same as the ones on location. That's why I want a coin door even though I don't "need" it. Keep in mind this is a pinball machine. Its expensive, so $550 for a full color HD "DMD replacement" is fine by me. .
As a side note:
From what I've seen so far, (& heard from people who have seen the display in person) the Alien backbox display looks amazing.

Crap, now I want to add coin mechs too. Anyone know their cost?

#12031 7 years ago

It's nice that Heighway gives you options which allow for you to buy an Alien pin for as low as $6450 which gives you all the same gameplay features and toys. While the backbox display isn't a requirement and isn't necessary I absolutely think it's worth the extra money and wouldn't consider not adding it. It just looks great and also gives other people something to watch when you're playing multi player games and adds to the ambience of the machine. Plus with Heighway kit system you can spread these initial hardware costs among multiple titles.

#12032 7 years ago

So don't, WTF?

#12033 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I see it as the game was developed as a whole entity. They obviously determined that the original CPU was not going to perform up to their desires with the new title and hence made a change. Once that happened they have pushed forward as the full game entity and stated their commitment to take care of us early adopters. I assume we will get info on what the kit cost is shortly.

We are currently talking about just over 10 games out the door as of now and appears the full production parts are just now in. I dont really think it is poor form to get the first 20 games (sample, early production, whatever you want to call them) out to operators, play testers, loyal customers. I actually think that is good for all of us. It gets the games out where they will gets tons of play and people willing and able to give feedback to Heighway crew on adjustments for the full production games. The team has been EXTREMELY receptive to all my feedback and because of that the full production games will be even better.

I basically think your frustration is premature. If Andrew does not deliver in his commitment to take care of Full Throttle customers with fair kit pricing, then I will raise hell with you I have every reason to believe that they will honor that commitment. I also knew as an early adopter that things change and that is part of the gig of being and early adopter, so I think that plays in as a factor.

It is not really poor form to me, when full production games are not going out in large numbers. They need to walk before they run and getting a handful of full games out there is a the best thing for the overall whole process. In internet time is all seems so long. In real world time, Aliens #1 sample and #2 sample have been alive for under 1 month and part of that was spent on a trip over the ocean

edit to add: what would be the potential cost of upgrading the PC in a worst case scenario in your mind? I dont know squat about PCs but one of the partners said the new PC "was a nice upgrade" and "probably not too pricey if we need to later upgrade out Full T"

#12034 7 years ago

I hope the Alien CPU works with Harry Potter

#12035 7 years ago

This is an R Rated Alien thread, guns, gore and cool catchphrases only, keep your thoughts about little boys and there wands to yourself

#12036 7 years ago

This thread is starting to exhaust itself! Seems like peeps are reaching for things to complain/talk about! From other potential movie themed pins to some guy proclaiming his love for shaker motors.. I think Andrew and Co. Need to reveal the LE artwork sooon.

#12037 7 years ago

If they do Harry Potter......I'm out. That being said I do realize HP is ridiculously popular.....for some reason......to grown men?

#12038 7 years ago

baby-cries (resized).jpgbaby-cries (resized).jpg

#12039 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what would be the potential cost of upgrading the PC in a worst case scenario in your mind? I dont know squat about PCs but one of the partners said the new PC "was a nice upgrade" and "probably not too pricey if we need to later upgrade out Full T"

I have no idea, either. $500? Wild guess.

What's the difference that would make anyone choose to get the kit or not?

$6100 - (Kit + Computer) = X

If X is $1500, (my wild guess) would you get the kit, the full game, or neither?

#12040 7 years ago

500 might not sound like a lot , but remember , some of us are Canadian and we get gouged every time prices are converted from usd . A lot of times it isn't even compareable to the actual usd to cnd . Example would be a ski-doo sled .
Made in Canada , shipped to the us and sold cheaper there than here when you compare the dollar directly .

#12041 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

If X is $1500, (my wild guess) would you get the kit, the full game, or neither?

Computer upgrade will cost probably $250-300. Here is the original computer
http://linuxgizmos.com/compact-mini-pc-arm-linux-android-freescale-i-mx6/

#12042 7 years ago

That's a reasonable price .

#12043 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's nice that Heighway gives you options which allow for you to buy an Alien pin for as low as $6450 which gives you all the same gameplay features and toys.

a standard alien with the 27" monitor is $10500 in Canadian funds.. plus shipping to your door

#12044 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what would be the potential cost of upgrading the PC in a worst case scenario in your mind? I dont know squat about PCs but one of the partners said the new PC "was a nice upgrade" and "probably not too pricey if we need to later upgrade out Full T"

Quoted from Russell:

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Computer upgrade will cost probably $250-300. Here is the original computer
http://linuxgizmos.com/compact-mini-pc-arm-linux-android-freescale-i-mx6/

Andrew told me a while ago that they would move to an Intel Based mini PC (Core i3, 4Gb ram and 60Gb SSD), instead of the Freescale i.MX6 based CPU for the current Utilite mini PC that is used in Full Throttle. Maybe Whysnow can confirm this?

Upgrade with trade in of old CPU should be around €150,-

#12045 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

a standard alien with the 27" monitor is $10500 in Canadian funds.. plus shipping to your door

Yup, 6450 up here won't even get you a used Stern pro.

#12046 7 years ago

Correct. We have already paid for our alien kit. CPU upgrade was cheaper than any other game add on they offer. It's really kinda a non factor. Kit is basicly 2k cheaper than a standard all said and done.

#12047 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Andrew told me a while ago that they would move to an Intel Based mini PC (Core i3, 4Gb ram and 60Gb SSD), instead of the Linux based CPU that is used in Full Throttle. Maybe whysnow can confirm this?
Upgrade with trade in of old CPU should be around €150,-

Nice, they will still be using Linux of course regardless if they change to the intel based mini PC. Good news.

#12048 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nice, they will still be using Linux of course regardless if they change to the intel based mini PC. Good news.

Correct, changed info to Freescale i.MX6 based CPU for the current Utilite mini pc.

#12049 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I also knew as an early adopter that things change and that is part of the gig of being and early adopter, so I think that plays in as a factor.

This is an excellent point that should not be forgotten.

#12050 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I also knew as an early adopter that things change and that is part of the gig of being and early adopter, so I think that plays in as a factor.

Wait so I can't play my PS4 games in my Playstation 1?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/241 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.