• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 494.
#11951 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Oh, so the standard does not come with any LCD screen in the backbox? It's just a backglass?

Correct, just the translite artwork is displayed if the 27" backbox LCD option is not purchased.

#11952 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Oh, so the standard does not come with any LCD screen in the backbox? It's just a backglass?

Correct.

#11953 2 years ago

For me, it is a no brainer on the LCD screen. If you are buying this machine, you HAVE to have the 27" screen! When you see one in person, it looks amazing!! Hell, I went with the PDI glass on my LE and I don't have that on any other pins in my collection. When you are spending this kind of money, what's another $250. Go big or go home baby!!! #131...whohoo!!!

Brian

#11954 2 years ago
Quoted from conester:

For me, it is a no brainer on the LCD screen. If you are buying this machine, you HAVE to have the 27" screen! When you see one in person, it looks amazing!! Hell, I went with the PDI glass on my LE and I don't have that on any other pins in my collection. When you are spending this kind of money, what's another $250. Go big or go home baby!!! #131...whohoo!!!
Brian

Congrats! I'm so close to ordering...must, wait, until TFP, and, I play, it first...must resist

#11955 2 years ago

Yep I agree, got the get the 27" LCD screen.

#11956 2 years ago

Can't wait 'till TPF! Less than two weeks away!

#11957 2 years ago

I'm different... just getting backglass art on ours. Only upgrade I may try to add is the shaker.

So looking forward to Alien!

#11958 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

As a fellow person who has ordered from CT, I will back this with 100% certainty.

I have an order in with CT but don't expect to see mine for many months. The Alien design team doesn't even have their machines yet! I was under the impression that only the 2 on route machines in the US shipped and then the ones that went to the trade show in Italy.

#11959 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I'm different... just getting backglass art on ours. Only upgrade I may try to add is the shaker.
So looking forward to Alien!

If you want the 27" LCD on future Heighway releases at a guess I'm pretty sure you could add it to a game kit, so it's not like you can't get it down the road, that's one of the biggest advantages of having a swappable system.

#11960 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I was under the impression that only the 2 on route machines in the US shipped and then the ones that went to the trade show in Italy.

I think they are at 10+ out the door now?

I know my produciton light boards arrive either today or Friday. I am guessing that the #s will start to tick up at a quicker rate in the next month or 2?

#11961 2 years ago
Quoted from conester:

Brian

It gets even better if your looking long term as a Heighway customer, providing Heighway can get game 3 and 4 out and they are desirable themes/games that you want, it makes the upgrades cheaper with each additional game Heighway get out the doors and into your hands.

#11962 2 years ago

tumblr_inline_ne41bifdA61s5par2 (resized).jpg

#11963 2 years ago

Wondering if Alien will be at the Allentown Pinfest.... I'm hoping so!

Also curious as to when Andrew will announce the special deal for customer ordering an Alien pin and a FT kit. As much as I have no business spending that potential amount of coin, a good deal might make me dig real deep to find a way!

#11964 2 years ago

I have the perfect themes for Heighway #3 and #4 Robocop based on 1 and 2 like Alien you choose the film with lots of Multi's then Predator same thing choose 1 or 2, I would be a happy boy but also poor as I would have to have them all in their own cabs and all LE versions but what a line up.

#11965 2 years ago

I'm anxious to see the oursler game, keep my mind off the Alien waiting game.

#11966 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have the perfect themes for Heighway #3 and #4 Robocop based on 1 and 2 like Alien you choose the film with lots of Multi's then Predator same thing choose 1 or 2, I would be a happy boy but also poor as I would have to have them all in their own cabs and all LE versions but what a line up.

At least for any future movie based licences I think the franchise approach (multiple films) is great, give Heighway more material to use and buyers feel like they are getting two games in one almost with the flexibility and added content the game can be based on.

Robocop 1 & 2 would be great but there is only 1 Predator film

#11967 2 years ago

Put my LE on order a couple of weeks ago and headed to London in a couple of days. Andrew was kind enough to extend an invite for a visit to the plant, but why oh why does he have to be 3 hours in the wrong direction?!! lol Regardless of whether or not I can figure out a way to get to their facility, that is some first class treatment of a customer. He doesn't know me at all, and was willing to humor me in his busy day. When you get customer service like that....the actual cost doesn't seem quite as high for some reason.

#11968 2 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Wondering if Alien will be at the Allentown Pinfest.... I'm hoping so!
Also curious as to when Andrew will announce the special deal for customer ordering an Alien pin and a FT kit. As much as I have no business spending that potential amount of coin, a good deal might make me dig real deep to find a way!

If our kit shows up at The Sanctum before then (which it should if those shipping boxes are finished!)and cointaker doesn't have one yet to display I'll try and bring ours.

#11969 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The Robocop reboot, when that was in development hell, was actually one of the potential licenses that was offered to us about four years ago when the company was still in relative infancy and finding its long-term creative feet. It didn't take us twenty seconds to comply; it took us the time to process in the Batman suit and exposed hand to turn it down and run away.

The other one, which actually did get some early development time to explore the potential for an interesting and unique game, was Russell Crowe's Noah; as in 'Noahbody else is going to be touching this one with a barge pole'.

#11970 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The Robocop reboot, when that was in development hell, was actually one of the potential licenses that was offered to us about four years ago when the company was still in relative infancy and finding its long-term creative feet. It didn't take us twenty seconds to comply; it took us the time to process in the Batman suit and exposed hand to turn it down and run away.
The other one, which actually did get some early development time to explore the potential for an interesting and unique game, was Russell Crowe's Noah; as in 'Noahbody else is going to be touching this one with a barge pole'.

Phew the Robocop reboot was trash! Would love to see you guys tackle the original 2 movies that would be awesome!

Would love to have a row of Heighway pins based the very best 80s & 90s action movies.

Alien 1&2
Die Hard 1&2 (I'll take a trilogy pin)
Robocop 1&2
Predator 1
Terminator 1&2

Sign me up

#11971 2 years ago

The Carpenter collection, an amalgamation of:

They Live
Assault on Precinct 13
The Thing
Halloween
Escape from NY
*EDITED* to include Big Trouble in Little China

#11972 2 years ago

You are forgetting Big Trouble in Little China! How could you!

steamed (resized).png

#11973 2 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Have-you-paid-jack-yes-sir-the-check-is-in-the-mail (resized).jpg

#11974 2 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Done!

#11975 2 years ago

They could do so much with the They Live lighting and billboards. Imagine something like the no place like home ball save in WOZ!

#11976 2 years ago

Ummm... Twitter arranged these posts like this... (not making this up).

too_perfect.jpg

#11977 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The Carpenter collection, an amalgamation of:
They Live
Assault on Precinct 13
The Thing
Halloween
Escape from NY
*EDITED* to include Big Trouble in Little China

What? No "The Fog", "Prince Of Darkness" or "In The Mouth Of Madness"???? If you're doing Carpenter, you better be ready to hit all the great marks!

#11978 2 years ago

Ha, love the avatar mate!
Butler!!! I 'ate you!

#11979 2 years ago

Robocop, Blues Brothers & Terminator 1 are my three favorite movies. Any one of those would be instant purchase!

#11980 2 years ago
Quoted from conester:

Brian

I didn't realize the pdi glass wasn't included on the LE.

#11981 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I didn't realize the pdi glass wasn't included on the LE.

I think they should do The Matrix.

#11982 2 years ago

I would like to see Alien LE art package at first before driving myself nuts with respect to the 3rd game title

#11983 2 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

I would like to see Alien LE art package at first before driving myself nuts with respect to the 3rd game title

Yes what is the word on LE artwork, kind of shocking that is still not been shown or approved and games are shipping out?!

#11984 2 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Quoted from bemmett:

Yes what is the word on LE artwork, kind of shocking that is still not been shown or approved and games are shipping out?!

You get the standard art with the LE right? So if you like all the features and the idea of an LE jump on board and if the LE art is not to your liking just swap in the SE art.

#11985 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I think a month or so back Andrew said they were a couple weeks out from the artwork being approved. It's been a while since then. Would be nice to hear an update about the LE and when it will be shown.

Is LE artwork still waiting for approval? Is the artwork approved but now waiting to be shown along side a complete powder coated LE?

#11986 2 years ago

Maybe the LE art will be shown at TPF?

#11987 2 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Maybe the LE art will be shown at TPF?

That's what I'm hoping for. It would be great if a full LE reveal occurs at TPF.

#11988 2 years ago

LE art at TPF would be perfect. Ill have to leave my History of Pinball booth for longer than i intended if it does show up

--Jeff

#11989 2 years ago

My guess is it isn't going to be ready for TPF. I just sent a wire transfer for my 27" screen and PDI glass and asked about the LE art status as well. Below is what they told me:

"In regards to the LE artwork we are still in the approval stage at the moment and are waiting on FOX. As soon as we have approval from them we will be proudly displaying the art work included with the LE."

Seems like FOX are the ones that are slowing the process down, not Heighway. Probably not much they can do besides wait for FOX to get off their asses and approve it!

Brian

#11990 2 years ago

Predator 2 was a great film and even if you didn't like it I think it would translate well into pinball modes, I have to ask, Why didn't some of you guys like it? I found it to be like Robocop 2, yeah nothing was going to be as good as the original but they didn't ruin the series or anything, I thought it was a great sequel.

#11991 2 years ago
Quoted from conester:

My guess is it isn't going to be ready for TPF. I just sent a wire transfer for my 27" screen and PDI glass and asked about the LE art status as well. Below is what they told me:
"In regards to the LE artwork we are still in the approval stage at the moment and are waiting on FOX. As soon as we have approval from them we will be proudly displaying the art work included with the LE."
Seems like FOX are the ones that are slowing the process down, not Heighway. Probably not much they can do besides wait for FOX to get off their asses and approve it!
Brian

Damn, that sucks. It's the only thing keeping me from making my final payment.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Predator 2 was a great film and even if you didn't like it I think it would translate well into pinball modes, I have to ask, Why didn't some of you guys like it? I found it to be like Robocop 2, yeah nothing was going to be as good as the original but they didn't ruin the series or anything, I thought it was a great sequel.

I liked it. It was a fun film. Also: Bill Paxton!

Better than Pretators or either of the AvP movies, imo.

#11992 2 years ago

I'm in! Order placed for an Alien!

#11993 2 years ago

A question to andrew heighway since you never stand by your word.

I have sent you and other on HP emails asking about my refund that I applied for 2016-11-06

The only you say is , We are sorry but its due soon , Im sorry but we make it happened this week
We apologize but NOW its your time , over and over again , the same story repeats it self.

And I also have to call you oversea besides all emails but always the same story
We apologize bla bla bla ,

I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR APOLOGIZE , JUST REFUND THE MONEY

Today’s date is 2017-03-17

Does it take over 4 months Andrew ?
Should it take over 4 months Andrew ?
I see a pattern here that I've seen before !!

#11994 2 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

A question to andrew heighway since you never stand by your word.
I have sent you and other on HP emails asking about my refund that I applied for 2016-11-06
The only you say is , We are sorry but its due soon , Im sorry but we make it happened this week
We apologize but NOW its your time , over and over again , the same story repeats it self.
And I also have to call you oversea besides all emails but always the same story
We apologize bla bla bla ,
I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR APOLOGIZE , JUST REFUND THE MONEY
Today’s date is 2017-03-17
Does it take over 4 months Andrew ?
Should it take over 4 months Andrew ?
I see a pattern here that I've seen before !!

would you share the amount?

#11995 2 years ago

Robert I instructed my team to process your refund while I was away all week. I'm only just back tonight and will chase this up urgently for you.

#11996 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

would you share the amount?

it is not the amount, but it's the principle

#11997 2 years ago

Yeah sure , we spoke a thursday 3 weeks ago and you ones again promised me ......tommorow or monday at the latest !!

Stop digging........

#11998 2 years ago

ill drink the cool-aid. Just put the deposit down for standard alien. Its "game over" for my checking/savings account I found the process to be relatively painless, and the team was quite helpful. Turn around time for my order is april/may.

#11999 2 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

ill drink the cool-aid. Just put the deposit down for standard alien. Its "game over" for my checking/savings account I found the process to be relatively painless, and the team was quite helpful. Turn around time for my order is april/may.

It's only money, right?

also

almost #12000

#12000 2 years ago

I'm back. It wasn't taken care of. It has now been taken care of. I have apologised

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 279.95
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside