• 24,652 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by adamross
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24652 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 494.
#11851 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes, I've wondered this too. A better way to ask this question is...
Is the plastic covering the entire playfield made a material that will not get cloudy or scratched up when the ball races over it for a few years. I'm sure the team has thought about this. I'm glad there is a clear plastic over the entire playfield but I'm a little worried about how it will look after its gets played a lot. The monitor area will need to stay looking nice since looking through the protector is needed in this spot. Can it be waxed ? Should it not be waxed? How should it be cared for?

My Full Throttle seems fine so far. The plastic piece also seems like it could be popped out and replaced. I've never waxed it. That's all I can tell you.

Edit: I'm referring to the plastic overlay of the LCD playfield screen.

#11852 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I'm glad there is a clear plastic over the entire playfield

Where do yo have this information from? Because I dont think it is correct.

#11853 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

It's from one of the official Heighway videos posted to their YouTube channel. I think the clear plastic is only used during the assembly process, possibly for lining up items and for drilling?

I've seen some posted close up pics of the playfield and do not see any type of full plastic protector installed. Maybe I missed it.

#11854 2 years ago

I think if you listen to the video, you will find those sheets are printed on and then laser cut for the playfield plastic set (slings, ramps, etc)......not for covering the playfield.

#11855 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

games dont have any plastic covering.

Playfield is a regular pf with nice printing and clear coat. The in pf screen is an actual screen and seems to hold up just fine. Our Full Throttle has been on route for over a year now with hundreds of plays and looks clear. It cleans and waxes just like the pf.

#11856 2 years ago

Just look at those alternatively painted xeno heads... Mmm...

Photo from Silveradostudio's IG.

Screenshot_2017-03-13-08-15-04 (resized).png

#11857 2 years ago

Answering some of the earlier posts, being from the UK I've met Andrew on a number of occasions, I've been round his factory (previous one I think when Full Throttle started) and played Alien at EAG London about a month ago. All good to report. Yes he does have other machines on site as he is a pinhead. As for production, he's is just starting to 'ramp up'. No one can start producing any product at top speed from the start. I'm sure he'll get loads of orders and give Stern/JJP something to think about. This is not negative as I love both Stern and JJP and it can only be good for Pinball. Really forward to hearing about game #3 Andrew..........

#11858 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes, I've wondered this too. A better way to ask this question is...
Is the plastic covering the entire playfield made a material that will not get cloudy or scratched up when the ball races over it for a few years. I'm sure the team has thought about this. I'm glad there is a clear plastic over the entire playfield but I'm a little worried about how it will look after its gets played a lot. The monitor area will need to stay looking nice since looking through the protector is needed in this spot. Can it be waxed ? Should it not be waxed? How should it be cared for?

Removable inserts have been in games since the 80s.. and non removable ones are common in the 90s and 00s.

Plastic scratches.. and plastic polishes. Clearcoat scratches... and clearcoat polishes.

Point being.. what's new/different here? Not much.

#11859 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Removable inserts have been in games since the 80s.. and non removable ones are common in the 90s and 00s.
Plastic scratches.. and plastic polishes. Clearcoat scratches... and clearcoat polishes.
Point being.. what's new/different here? Not much.

Let's not add confusion here. There is no plastic playfield overlay on Highway's games.

#11860 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

games dont have any plastic covering.
Playfield is a regular pf with nice printing and clear coat. The in pf screen is an actual screen and seems to hold up just fine. Our Full Throttle has been on route for over a year now with hundreds of plays and looks clear. It cleans and waxes just like the pf.

Thanks! This makes more sense. Yes, There is one video showing them putting on full playfield plastic, but I'll have to watch it again.
I assumed this was a protector on the entire playfield.

#11863 2 years ago

i am asking about the plastic over the playfield monitor. kinda hope it is replaceable and not like the lower playfield on the early acdc that got clouded.

#11864 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am asking about the plastic over the playfield monitor. kinda hooe it can be teplaced and not like the lower playfield glass on the early acdc that got clouded.

I assumed, which is always dangerous, that it would be like the windows on cftbl, congo, black hole, haunted house, tbl, and just replaceable if needed.

#11865 2 years ago

just jumped to the last thread........will this game be in Dallas?

#11866 2 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

just jumped to the last thread........will this game be in Dallas?

I believe so.

#11867 2 years ago

Ramp-gate?

Are the ramps going to stay the ugly metal (or are they wood), or can we hopefully expect clear plastic like FT?

#11868 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Are the ramps going to stay the ugly metal (or are they wood), or can we hopefully expect clear plastic like FT?

Thankfully they are keeping them metal.

#11869 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Ramp-gate?

Huh?

#11870 2 years ago

This just arrived from Amazon. Intense research ahead!

IMG_0260 (resized).JPG

#11871 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Ramp-gate?

Metal

#11872 2 years ago

\m/

#11873 2 years ago

I just mean that they detract from the look. They are too plain. Look at the metal girder work around the out lanes, I expected something more decorative in the ramps. And from far off (or a small pic) they look like two wood logs laying there.

#11874 2 years ago

On a more positive note! Who's seen the fantastic v.8 rules posted here?

http://www.rs-pinball.at/alien-regelwerk/#lightbox

Screenshot_20170313-181315 (resized).png

#11875 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

They are too plain.

it's not going to be "everybody's" perfect machine. If they take everybody's suggestions it would look like a rube goldberg machine and never be shipped

#11876 2 years ago

Ramps, plain? I must be looking at a different game, because the ramps look fantastic and fit the theme perfectly with there industrial/futuristic look.

#11877 2 years ago

Now I'm wondering how it will work for those of us with full throttle , as in the blades , we won't have the resessed panels , I'm assuming we are screwed for putting in blades ?!

#11878 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Now I'm wondering how it will work for those of us with full throttle , as in the blades , we won't have the resessed panels , I'm assuming we are screwed for putting in blades ?!

I'm staying positive and hopeful about this. When I purchased my Full Throttle, I literally stopped Andrew in person at the show and asked him if it would be 100% compatible with future games, especially the cabinet. He said emphatically "Yes". If there is a change, I'm counting on him to make it right with those of us that were early adopters and purchased a Full Throttle. I took him at his word and now the ball is in his court to make good on it.

#11879 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I'm staying positive and hopeful about this. When I purchased my Full Throttle, I literally stopped Andrew in person at the show and asked him if it would be 100% compatible with future games, especially the cabinet. He said emphatically "Yes". If there is a change, I'm counting on him to make it right with those of us that were early adopters and purchased a Full Throttle. I took him at his word and now the ball is in his court to make good on it.

just have to put that new CPU in a bigger cabinet sized box...I'll clear out some space for it.

#11880 2 years ago

The computer change out sucks , but I can live with that , I'm wondering more along the line of whether or now the side blades will work .

#11881 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

The computer change out sucks , but I can live with that , I'm wondering more along the line of whether or now the side blades will work .

Side blades are an add on from what i understand.

#11882 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ramps, plain? I must be looking at a different game, because the ramps look fantastic and fit the theme perfectly with there industrial/futuristic look.

The game looks great, I'm just being nit picky! I'm about to drop $7600 for a standard with LCD and PDI including air freight, so i wanna be sure I'll have no regrets

Everyone should get PDI. $250 is a very fair price. Non reflective glass is the very best upgrade one can get IMO.

#11883 2 years ago

The ramps are sick, did you see the acid burns in the art etc? Also metal looks much more premium and robust - and fits the theme better (more industreal feeling), only way they could be better is I do like laser cut graphics on them like they did on met/hobbit but they still look great.

#11884 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think they are on all games - just illuminated on the le

#11885 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I think if the game works minus the side blades that would be 'reasonable'; perhaps they could offer vinyl blades or something similar. Not sure what else would be reasonable? It's only natural they will come up with new ideas, compatible might not mean equal.

#11886 2 years ago

Where is the flyer that treats down the differences between the two versions in a way to easily understand
? I think I'm on board with this game. Been a long time since I felt this good about a new pin.

#11887 2 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

perhaps they could offer vinyl blades or something similar

That is most likely what they will be looking at. The lighted blades might be out of reach for us early adopters.

I suggest a cabinet exchange, so we can upgrade to lighted blades and won't have to install the CPU by ourselves

#11888 2 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Some great replies, I like the one that said if you can afford both buy both. Ha I wish

Buy the GB, play it for a year until Alien had all the kinks worked out and then sell the GB to buy an Alien

#11889 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Where is the flyer that treats down the differences between the two versions in a way to easily understand
? I think I'm on board with this game. Been a long time since I felt this good about a new pin.

Here you go.

difference between editions (resized).jpg

#11890 2 years ago

Here's their price guide.

Screenshot_20170314-072124 (resized).jpg

#11891 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

That is most likely what they will be looking at. The lighted blades might be out of reach for us early adopters.
I suggest a cabinet exchange, so we can upgrade to lighted blades and won't have to install the CPU by ourselves

Or just the cabinet sides shipped flat. I believe the cabinet is screwed together like a piece of Ikea furniture?

#11892 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Or just the cabinet sides shipped flat. I believe the cabinet is screwed together like a piece of Ikea furniture?

? ikea is crap.

These are built like a tank!

#11893 2 years ago

Q: How is the Heighway Shaker motor ?
Those who own Full Throttle can comment. Is it more or less shaky than Stern's shaker?
Deciding if I want to add the shaker to an SE.
Is there a picture anywhere of Heighway's Shaker motor assembly ?

#11894 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Those who own Full Throttle can comment. Is it more or less shaky than Stern's shaker?

If you plan on swapping games into the Heighway cabinets, it makes sense to add everything you can to it (Shaker, 27" monitor, PDI glass, etc). Dividing those costs across multiple titles makes them extremely cost effective compared to non-modular games. I can't speak to the shaker integration in Full Throttle or Alien, but I'll be adding one none-the-less counting on continued integration across current and future titles.

#11895 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Would looking at a picture of a shaker motor assembly REALLY help steer you in one direction or the other?! Haha, you want it..or ya don't! (But, you WANT IT) haha

#11896 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Would looking at a picture of a shaker motor assembly REALLY help steer you in one direction or the other?! Haha, you want it..or ya don't! (But, you WANT IT) haha

Honestly, it could. Below are 2 shaker motors. Do you want either of these in your pinball machine?
But yes, I agree, when in doubt.. add it. You can always shut it off.
shaker2 (resized).jpg
shaker1 (resized).jpg

#11897 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i thought i read that they have now recessed them for clearance when lifting the playfield , perhaps i read/took that wrong ?

#11898 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

i thought i read that they have now recessed them for clearance when lifting the playfield , perhaps i read/took that wrong ?

you are correct. I should have been more clear. The light up side and back blade is an option.
The side blades themself are on the side like normal from what I can see. The difference between our Full T cab and our Aliens cab is that the Aliens cab has a spot routed out behind the side blade which accepts the el light to light the blades up.

#11899 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

From my understanding the side blades are standard for all Alien games. It's the EL lighting that lights up the blades that's an additional $240 cost. My assumption is that the blades will be included as part of the Alien Kit (I would also think these would be included in the upcoming FT kit as well) but the lack of a recessed inner side panel in the FT cabinet may render it incompatible (depending on clearance issues). I'm not sure what the best solution would be.

#11900 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

It shakes the shit out of the game. Way too violent. I unplugged it until I get around to adjusting the weights and tweaking it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 24652 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside