DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 601.
#11801 7 years ago

Recessed sides for mirror/art blades.
Genius

#11802 7 years ago

If I hadn't already ordered an LE, I'd be ordering one now, after seeing that video. Very impressive operation, that will obviously keep getting better.

#11803 7 years ago

I'm #72 for a le.. Spoke to Andrew yesterday.. Things are moving nicely .. Made room in my man cave selling some games.. I'm pumped for this game. It will be a show stopper .. With all the Rock and roll themes coming from stern this will set a new standard .. Thanks again Andrew!! Udaman!!

#11804 7 years ago

Factory looks great, well done Heighway. They must be very proud of what they have achieved so far.

#11805 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Shows they are actual pinheads.

I don't think there can be any doubt about that, you would have to have crazy passion to take on such a huge undertaking.

#11806 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Nice! Why didnt you get an LE if your paying for those extras?

Fair question.

Didn't want shaker, fiber optic ramps, or powdercoated hardware.

I will probably - no joke - be the only owner in the Florida panhandle from Pensacola to Tallahassee. That makes it "limited" enough for me .

#11807 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Fair question.
I will probably - no joke - be the only owner in the Florida panhandle from Pensacola to Tallahassee. That makes it "limited" enough for me .

I know of two buyers in your area and I am one too in South Florida

#11808 7 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I know of two buyers in your area and I am one too in South Florida

Two buyers within the Pensacola/Navarre area???? Wow, didn't know we had that many pin guys in the area.

South Florida is like an 10-14 hour drive. To put that into perspective, that was the time it took me to drive from Dayton to here. Needless to say, you can have the South area, and I'll take the Panhandle .

Either way, the more Alien machines the better. This game is going to be more than I think Stern is anticipating. For what we are paying, we are getting FAR more than what they charge for an LE.

#11809 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I highly recommend that if you are on the fence to getting Alien, you do it before Texas Pinball. There will be 3 of them to play at TPF, and I highly suspect once that weekend is over, the orders will come flooding in.

Why? It's likely to be a long time before you'd get one at this point, probably next year, the line is so deep. Buying one off a new owner who doesn't like it would be much faster like it was with woz and hobbit. Faster and possibly just as cheap.

#11810 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Two buyers within the Pensacola/Navarre area???? Wow, didn't know we had that many pin guys in the area.
South Florida is like an 10-14 hour drive. To put that into perspective, that was the time it took me to drive from Dayton to here. Needless to say, you can have the South area, and I'll take the Panhandle .
Either way, the more Alien machines the better. This game is going to be more than I think Stern is anticipating. For what we are paying, we are getting FAR more than what they charge for an LE.

This game is a winner for sure!!

#11811 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This game is going to be more than I think Stern is anticipating. For what we are paying, we are getting FAR more than what they charge for an LE.

If orders keep flying in like they have on the last couple of pages of this thread Stern will certainly be taking notice.

If Heighway #3 has the same universal appeal and hardcore fan base as the Alien licence then Stern could start haemorrhaging sales and will most definitely feel it.

#11812 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If orders keep flying in like they have on the last couple of pages of this thread Stern will certainly be taking notice.
If Heighway #3 has the same universal appeal and hardcore fan base as the Alien licence then Stern could start haemorrhaging sales and will most definitely feel it.

They need to take notice. This game looks fantastic, and my money is safe with CT, so I don't mind jumping in at this point.

#11813 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did I see a BOP 2.0 in the factory? About 8m29s

I love the cab design

Anyway: Stefan brought a machine to the Austrian CS finals. I can't stress enough what an awesome looking machine that is. Congrats to Aurich for the design, the modern retro looks and all the detail like double edges on insert prints...

Also the left return ramp that's made from plastic only, and kinda looked wonky to me on the pics I saw, is really solid. Nice engineering throughout the whole machine.

Here are a few details I took photos of -- edit: can't upload from iPad for some strange reason - sorry, here's a FB link:
https://www.facebook.com/flippart/posts/1249487028421068

Also, here are the innards:

https://www.facebook.com/flippart/posts/1249821428387628

#11814 7 years ago

Just made my next payment. Getting close and I'm excited for #175!

#11815 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I love the cab design
Anyway: Stefan brought a machine to the Austrian CS finals. I can't stress enough what an awesome looking machine that is. Congrats to aurich for the design, the modern retro looks and all the detail like double edges on insert prints...
Also the left return ramp that's made from plastic only, and kinda looked wonky to me on the pics I saw, is really solid. Nice engineering throughout the whole machine.
Here are a few details I took photos of -- edit: can't upload from iPad for some strange reason - sorry, here's a FB link:
https://www.facebook.com/flippart/posts/1249487028421068
Also, here are the innards:
https://www.facebook.com/flippart/posts/1249821428387628

Love the heavy duty "service bars" on these playfields! Love the large subwoofer! And absolutely love the real knocker!

Pinball is back baby!

#11816 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Fair question.

Very happy with my Full Throttle standard. All black with large LCD. Perfect for Alien kit.

#11817 7 years ago

Just watched the Pinball News video, wow. That is some serious investment in manufacturing. It makes me want to buy a game from Heighway. Wish I would have placed an early deposit. As much as I hate the preorder bs, looks like Heighway is here for a long time. Best of luck to you Andrew, you deserve it.

#11818 7 years ago

FWIW, I find Andrew much much more communicative than anyone at Stern has been. This alone will make him a success. Add in the fact that his pins are actually interesting and innovative. They don't have the ''cheap, homeowner-grade" look that Stern pins have. We don't know this yet, but if he doesn't play games with his pricing like Stern does, then he will certainly be a good competitor to them (I don't like to use the term "threat" in this context). Heighway seems VERY open regarding their production facilities and methods. Can't say the same for the other guys, who, for some reason keep information at 1950's-era cold war levels.

#11819 7 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

FWIW, I find Andrew much much more communicative than anyone at Stern has been. This alone will make him a success. Add in the fact that his pins are actually interesting and innovative. They don't have the ''cheap, homeowner-grade" look that Stern pins have. We don't know this yet, but if he doesn't play games with his pricing like Stern does, then he will certainly be a good competitor to them (I don't like to use the term "threat" in this context). Heighway seems VERY open regarding their production facilities and methods. Can't say the same for the other guys, who, for some reason keep information at 1950's-era cold war levels.

Well said. Heighway isn't arrogant!

#11820 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Martin Ayub, of Pinball News fame, visited our factory today. Our media producer, Russell Speak, asked Martin for his impressions of our new game, Alien Pinball
» YouTube video

Thanks for the tour, very interesting! I have not been following HP for more than a couple months, so kind of courious why it seems like this is a complete brand new startup company. If HP has been already producing FT games for several years, seems like the production line would be already established and a bit more polished by now. Have they jst expanded or moved to a new facility or just looking toward the future? Just curious.

#11821 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Wish I would have placed an early deposit.

When you placed your deposit only matters if you're paying in installments.

My understanding, from communications with Heighway, is that they'll be fulfilling orders for all machines that are paid-in-full before beginning to fulfill orders for games that are paid for in installments. So, paying in full now will get you a game before someone who is paying in installments, even if they made their downpayment several months ago. I made the initial payment, and was planning to pay in installments, but am now planning to pay the balance in full, once my tax return comes in. This will get me in on the initial LE run, and move my delivery date ahead at least a couple months.

This is if you're ordering directly from Heighway. I'm not sure how it works if you're ordering through Cointaker.

#11822 7 years ago

Lurking in bits here and there as usual these days, so forgive me if this has been addressed, but during the Combat Drop, that is not the cadence used during the scene in the film. And yes, to ultra mega nerds who have watched it 100+ times, that kind of detail actually really matters.

Yeah, just re-watched it, that's not the real cadence. What gives?

Are there aspects of the property not available or not yet integrated? Otherwise it seems pretty damned comprehensive. Again, I'm sorry if this has been hashed out.

#11823 7 years ago

I really liked what I heard in the gameplay vid. I trust the judgment of their sound guy.

#11824 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I really liked what I heard in the gameplay vid. I trust the judgment of their sound guy.

Yeah, in general it sounds great, probably a lot better in person too. But that cadence being different is strange. That's an iconic scene. Would be like the motion tracker sounding different or something.

#11825 7 years ago

6 games leaving the factory today.

Huge effort by the Heighway team

6 Games120317 (resized).jpg6 Games120317 (resized).jpg

6 Games120317b (resized).jpg6 Games120317b (resized).jpg

6 Games120317c (resized).jpg6 Games120317c (resized).jpg

#11826 7 years ago

2 + 1 + 6 games shipped = sh@t just got real.

#11827 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

6 games leaving the factory today.
Huge effort by the Heighway team

Are you sure that little "euro-truck" is rated for that load?

Congrats guys! This feels like the early stages of something big.

#11828 7 years ago

Ok can someone please help, I have a chance of buying a Ghost Busters Premium for £6600 which I really wanted, but also have a soft spot for the Alien brand having grown up watching all the films. Do I go for the GBs or buy a LE Alien NIB for the exact same amount of money. Would be very interested to hear of your comments of anybody that's played both pins.

#11829 7 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Do I go for the GBs

Do you like ghosted inserts and clear chipping off?

#11830 7 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Ok can someone please help, I have a chance of buying a Ghost Busters Premium for £6600 which I really wanted, but also have a soft spot for the Alien brand having grown up watching all the films. Do I go for the GBs or buy a LE Alien NIB for the exact same amount of money. Would be very interested to hear of your comments of anybody that's played both pins.

I had the same option,and choose the Aliens pinball machine instead.
Lots of guys around me have GB already,not many will have Aliens.

#11831 7 years ago

No not at all.

#11832 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

during the Combat Drop, that is not the cadence used during the scene in the film

Oh my, cadenceGate.

The issue is rights and infringement. No rights to music from the '79 or the'86 Alien films were procured. Hard to do and very expensive. This is an AH issue.

The only thing I can take from the films is inspiration and my feet are held to the fire on issues of rights infringement. Defending myself against one claim of infringement would wipe out my fees for the entire project. So you can imagine that I am careful.

That said I have really enjoyed the challenge. I admire Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner's work and I tried to be faithful to the spirit (but not the letter) of their efforts.

Near the end of a project which has been worked on over 15 months I've reviewed everything and I am pleased. I hope that it works for everybody, cadence notwithstanding.

ddt

#11833 7 years ago

Depending on the code... from the looks, I'd prefer Alien - yet the cab design still looks cheap to me (actually it isn't) and the large bezel is really ugly in my opinion. But maybe you'd get used to it.

Shot wise both GB prem and Alien have quite weird interesting and hard shots. Alien some more with the strange upper flippers configuration, which felt almost like a second playfield to me. That isn't a bad first impression

If you can afford it buy both

If Aurich reskinned Full Throttle to *insert dark goth/metal/sci-fi theme here* I'd also take that playfield to swap it in.

But that's just my two cents and ymmv a lot...

#11834 7 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Do I go for the GBs or buy a LE Alien NIB for the exact same amount of money. Would be very interested to hear of your comments of anybody that's played both pins.

You're in the wrong thread for GB proponents.

#11835 7 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

I'm looking to get something later this year. To me this is a no-brainer....ALIEN all the WAY! Better built, better shots, more "stuff" included, better immersion/theme integration. Alien wins on every point....to my eye. I've played a fair amount of GB and I like it.....but I don't think it even remotely compares to what you get with this game.

#11836 7 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

I think Ghostbusters Premium looks cool and is fun to play yet also find its code to be a bit shallow. Also, with Alien you are getting far more value in terms of features, animation, rules and audio work in my opinion.

#11837 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Thanks for the tour, very interesting! I have not been following HP for more than a couple months, so kind of courious why it seems like this is a complete brand new startup company. If HP has been already producing FT games for several years, seems like the production line would be already established and a bit more polished by now. Have they jst expanded or moved to a new facility or just looking toward the future? Just curious.

They did just move to a new location and Alien looks like it might ship a few more than their previous products.

#11838 7 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Oh my, cadenceGate.
The issue is rights and infringement. No rights to music from the '79 or the'86 Alien films were procured. Hard to do and very expensive. This is an AH issue.
The only thing I can take from the films is inspiration and my feet are held to the fire on issues of rights infringement. Defending myself against one claim of infringement would wipe out my fees for the entire project. So you can imagine that I am careful.
That said I have really enjoyed the challenge. I admire Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner's work and I tried to be faithful to the spirit (but not the letter) of their efforts.
Near the end of a project which has been worked on over 15 months I've reviewed everything and I am pleased. I hope that it works for everybody, cadence notwithstanding.
ddt

Whoa...wait a minute. No one ever said there'd be different music than in the movie....! Better call CT and cancel my order.

j/k :p.

#11839 7 years ago

Loved the video tour, nice to see my hometown Cincinnati Milarcron represented!

#11840 7 years ago

Some great replies, I like the one that said if you can afford both buy both. Ha I wish

#11841 7 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Some great replies, I like the one that said if you can afford both buy both. Ha I wish

Is space an issue? That's another plus that Alien has over GB with its modular/interchangable design.

#11842 7 years ago

If there is anything to be worried about on this pin, the audio is NOT one of them! David Thiel is a master at his craft and without really hearing much of the game I can pretty much guarantee it will be straight fantastic audio-wise even without the licensing.

#11843 7 years ago

I own a ghostbusters premium absolutely love it but definitely buying an alien pin down the line as the quality looks a ton better and the shots and the artwork and the LEDs are phenomenal I won't be buying another stern new in the box ever

#11844 7 years ago

andrew, is the glass for the playfield display replaceable? when are we going to get pricing on full throttle kits. i am paid for on le and would like to have an idea when the les would ship with full throttle playfields. i want to get both at the same time to save on shipping.

#11845 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

andrew, is the glass for the playfield display replaceable? when are we going to get pricing on full throttle kits. i am paid for on le and would like to have an idea when the les would ship with full throttle playfields. i want to get both at the same time to save on shipping.

My understanding is that it's standard wide body playfield glass.

#11846 7 years ago

Yes it is standard widebody glass.

#11847 7 years ago

I think he was asking about the glass that covers the display in the playfield.

#11848 7 years ago

Edit: oops wrong thread

#11849 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Looks like the LED color dmd will be shipping this week, hope one of y'all post a video!

?

#11850 7 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I think he was asking about the glass that covers the display in the playfield.

Yes, I've wondered this too. A better way to ask this question is...
Is the plastic covering the entire playfield made a material that will not get cloudy or scratched up when the ball races over it for a few years. I'm sure the team has thought about this. I'm glad there is a clear plastic over the entire playfield but I'm a little worried about how it will look after its gets played a lot. The monitor area will need to stay looking nice since looking through the protector is needed in this spot. Can it be waxed ? Should it not be waxed? How should it be cared for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.