• 24,631 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,837 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg
EE867F13-8192-4B1F-BA97-B9F3A5869811 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24631 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 493.
#11551 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I ordered from Cointaker and didn't even think to ask melissa.

does Cointaker charge sales tax for out of state orders?

#11552 2 years ago

Are the beacons controlled by code so they light up at relevant times? or do they run on the time?

#11553 2 years ago

Beacons are code activated and do not run all the time from what I understand.

#11554 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Beacons are code activated and do not run all the time from what I understand.

Yeah that would be pretty annoying if they were always on

#11555 2 years ago

Have to admit the game is shaping up nicely. But, being a new platform, I really want to play a Heighway game first. Hopefully at TPF.

Must not pre-order, must not pre-order, must not pre-order.

#11556 2 years ago

I'm right there with you.

Cp--iufWgAAzsBQ (resized).jpg

#11557 2 years ago

Will there be an Alien at AllenTown this year?

This Pin looks really amazing on a computer screen. I really want to see it and play it in person.

#11558 2 years ago

So at this point how many have actually shipped?
2?

#11559 2 years ago

So, who do we talk to if we have a couple (read: 5-10) to ask Heighway? I know Andrew is getting inundated with inquiries, so who is the best person to go to to get questions answered and "feel things out" about ordering?

READ: I want to order one but need my questions answered before I go dropping nearly $7000 "on a whim".

#11560 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Will there be an Alien at AllenTown this year?
This Pin looks really amazing on a computer screen. I really want to see it and play it in person.

We will likely being our alien from The Sanctum if no one else is.

#11561 2 years ago

I think the Allentown show was temporarily renamed
"The Alientown Show"!

(Visual Pun)

#11562 2 years ago

Man, I want to get hands on this game.
Anybody near Charleston getting one soon??

#11563 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, who do we talk to if we have a couple (read: 5-10) to ask Heighway? I know Andrew is getting inundated with inquiries, so who is the best person to go to to get questions answered and "feel things out" about ordering?
READ: I want to order one but need my questions answered before I go dropping nearly $7000 "on a whim".

Just FYI to everyone, Andrew reached out to me directly already, and I have sent my questions his way.

That's some awesome customer service right there. Definitely makes me more inclined to drop $6495 on one.

#11564 2 years ago

I just got done playing the one in madison wisconsin. Dropped 16 bucks. Awsome flowing game. You buyers wont be disappointed! Omg the lights, non stop action fun. Amazing game andrew. Congrades. you really put all 4 flippers to work thats for sure in this game.

#11565 2 years ago

I watched the video. Looks nice. Still deciding whether to sell Full Throttle or get a playfield kit + new computer.

Is there a mode called "Queen's?" Is that really the name? With the inappropriate apostrophe? I couldn't read the screen perfectly, maybe I'm missing something.

#11566 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I watched the video. Looks nice. Still deciding whether to sell Full Throttle or get a playfield kit + new computer.
Is there a mode called "Queen's?" Is that really the name? With the inappropriate apostrophe? I couldn't read the screen perfectly, maybe I'm missing something.

"Nest"

#11567 2 years ago

I've decided I'm going to be buying an LE for my first NIB machine!! I have also decided that after I take delivery, it's time to retire my MM that I have been taking to all the Midwest shows for the last 6+ years and bring something else to share....an Alien LE!! I made the decision when I was wearing the launch party shirt from Expo Friday at the LAX show and I had a bunch of people come up to me and ask if there would be one there and they were all bummed out when I said no. Was pretty much a no brainer after that!

Brian

#11568 2 years ago

Awesome, Brian! Congrats!

Its Sunday morning, and Ive spent the whole weekend with "Aliens Pinball" on my mind!

#11569 2 years ago

Here a photo from the one in madison i played yesterday. Dead flip tomorrow

20170304_132202 (resized).jpg

#11570 2 years ago

I'd love to bring cash and pick up one at Allentown!

#11571 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'd love to bring cash and pick up one at Allentown!

I am trying to do the same at TPF.

#11572 2 years ago

I'm of the opinion the playfield LCD should be removed, save the $75 it probably costs and use the difference to help make the main screen standard.

I never looked at it in FT or Alien. They've done a fantastic job with the text, typeface and feel of Aliens but it's hard to read on the little screen.

Or perhaps if their SoC can do dual screens, if large screen installed make the PF one just have mode shot arrows and basic, large text info.

#11573 2 years ago

Respectfully disagree Ben. I like the playfield LCD a lot.

#11574 2 years ago

I think the playfield LCD really sets this one apart. I will see it more often playing a game than the one in the back glass.

#11575 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Respectfully disagree Ben. I like the playfield LCD a lot.

Agreed, the playfield LCD is one of the things that make these Heighway games so cool.

#11576 2 years ago

When are these starting to ship?

#11577 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I like the playfield LCD a lot

I own a Full Throttle and you use the playfield LCD WAY more than the backbox. You just have to get used to not looking up. I'm not sure about the size of the "typeface" on Alien but maybe some pinball glasses could be offered as a "mod" ?

#11579 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive spent the whole weekend with "Aliens Pinball" on my mind!

Can't, stop, thinking, about Aliens!

#11580 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Can't, stop, thinking, about Aliens!

Watch the movie. That's what I did last night.

Any idea when the video shot on Friday will be posted online?

#11581 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm of the opinion the playfield LCD should be removed, save the $75 it probably costs and use the difference to help make the main screen standard.
I never looked at it in FT or Alien. They've done a fantastic job with the text, typeface and feel of Aliens but it's hard to read on the little screen.
Or perhaps if their SoC can do dual screens, if large screen installed make the PF one just have mode shot arrows and basic, large text info.

sorry Ben. You dont have enough time on the game yet to make a properly educated opinion on this IMO. I have watched over 50 people learn how to play FullT and now Aliens. It takes around 10 games and the brain starts to retrain to pay attention to the in pf screen.

Seriously, without fail, every time. For some people it takes a little longer, but everyone learns to use it and then loves it. It is a funny thing to watch, but we are trained as pinheads to look up for status all the time. the in pf screen on Aliens especially does a great job of giving cues to the player. It also really sets the mood in some modes and is one of the best intergrated new things in pinball in decades.

You are right on many things Heckendorn, but this is one where you could not be more wrong IMO

#11582 2 years ago

I am definitely not getting one with a screen in the backglass. If the screen in the PF tells me the exact same identical information as the backglass, that to me, is a waste of money. Having it in an arcade environment, that I can understand having the big screen. At home though, no way - saving my money there.

Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

How much extra is the 27" upper monitor?

$550.00

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/optionalextras/

#11583 2 years ago

I thought the playfield LCD took away from the playfield art, but who cares. I think not having to look up to figure out what to hit as our eyes our on the playfield is great.

The BACK 27inch LCD is a must for bystanders too! Getting one after SM later this year.

#11584 2 years ago

I'm on the fence if I would do the backbox screen.. it looks very nice, but is totally not necessary @ home

#11585 2 years ago

I wonder if Fox is going to do another Alien Day this year like they did last year on April 26th?

If Fox includes the Heighway Alien Pinball machine in their PR that's going to be a lot of global advertising. Better get the polish on the Heighway website! ...and goodbye LE availability.

#11586 2 years ago

Any thoughts on the non-reflective glass? Is it a worthy upgrade?

#11587 2 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Absolutely!

#11588 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

definitely not getting one with a screen in the backglass.

I plan on getting future titles and swapping playfields and my thinking was you don't actually know how they'll integrate the 27" in to games down the road...also divide that $550 or whatever up between all the titles you could have from them and it's actually cheap. If you are buying it as a stand alone game it's a different story.

#11589 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm on the fence if I would do the backbox screen.. it looks very nice, but is totally not necessary @ home

I cant imagine it without the backbox screen. It is stunning.

Even in the home it is a sure thing IMO.

#11590 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am definitely not getting one with a screen in the backglass. If the screen in the PF tells me the exact same identical information as the backglass, that to me, is a waste of money. Having it in an arcade environment, that I can understand having the big screen. At home though, no way - saving my money there.

$550.00
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/optionalextras/

You don't play multi-player games?

#11591 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I wonder if Fox is going to do another Alien Day this year like they did last year on April 26th?
If Fox includes the Heighway Alien Pinball machine in their PR that's going to be a lot of global advertising. Better get the polish on the Heighway website! ...and goodbye LE availability.

After thinking about it I think the chances are pretty good that Fox celebrates Alien day again this year because Alien Covenant comes out just a few weeks later. Hype Hype Hype.

What a boon to spreading Alien Pinball awareness to the Alien franchise fan base, which is huge.

#11592 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I agree with you in spirit, Ben. I've said this before; I refuse to believe that if Heighway had originally intended to use the backbox screen that we'd have 3 LCD screens today. The backbox should be roughly what's on the backbox/playfield screen now. The playfield screen should be something along the lines of what the airlock screen is for. Much more mode/shot specific information that the player needs real time. Bigger font that can be easily read at a quick glance. Mirroring the backbox makes the playfield screen too small to ready without focusing on it rather than on balls in play. This strategic implementation of the screens with specialized functions would allow them to remove/never have added the airlock LCD.

#11593 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I cant imagine it without the backbox screen. It is stunning.
Even in the home it is a sure thing IMO.

I'd be interested to see if anyone actually orders one of these games without the big LCD in the backbox. It should really be standard but I guess having options isn't a bad thing. I know it's not technically necessary but it just makes the game that much cooler to play! And $550 is only $150 more than a ColorDMD. Seems like a bargain considering it's a 27" full HD display!

#11594 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd be interested to see if anyone actually orders one of these games without the big LCD in the backbox. It should really be standard but I guess having options isn't a bad thing. I know it's not technically necessary but it just makes the game that much cooler to play! And $550 is only $150 more than a ColorDMD. Seems like a bargain considering it's a 27" full HD display!

With that kind of logic I'm now thinking the 27" HD LCD would indeed be a smooth move.

#11595 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Not only that, but as optional hardware, they need to program the game not knowing if any given machine will have the backbox LCD. If they made it standard, future code could treat the various screens in a more specialized manner since they would know the hardware specs of all their machines. The fact that they never know if a machine is going to have it or not, they end up coding for the lowest common denominator and that lessens what the result could have been if they designed toward a known spec.

#11596 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

With that kind of logic I'm now thinking the 27" HD LCD would indeed be a smooth move.

It would be interesting if you could add a TV tuner to the LCD then be able to use it as a TV in the game when the game wasn't being played.

#11597 2 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Indeed. In my opinion the best upgrade for any pin.

#11598 2 years ago

Looks like Dave has been busy

Zippy from Rainbow as John Hurt in Alien being held down as a human hand bursts through his stomach - ealadubhsidhe https://t.co/wCuwLOzDII

https://twitter.com/Jimllpaintit/status/775757133409296388

#11599 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

550 seems like a lot for a 27 in HD TV. Bought a 55in Samsung for 650. Still worth it though and will definitely add to the awesome atmosphere of the game

#11600 2 years ago

Please correct me if I'm wrong, if you buy a Heighway machine, and in particular the standard Alien, we will be able to swap out playfields and back boxes on future titles? The standard model comes with the 27" display?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24631 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside