• 24,643 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24643 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 493.
#11501 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

As previously stated, I ordered my LE last week and am cautiously excited , as this is looking to be one of the best additions to my gameroom since I started collecting back in the mid 90's.

Nice one mate, what number did you get?

#11502 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm leaning black trim, as it futureproofs the cabinet. With a black trim you can drop any other playfield in there as it will match anything.

This was my first thought, and then I tried to imagine a time when I would actually convert an Alien-themed pin to something else. I may end up with a second Heighway cabinet in the future and switch that one around, but I just don't see myself doing that with this one.

#11503 2 years ago

Do you pick your LE # like Jack does, or you get number they send?
I'm ordering one as soon as I see the complete LE package.
Anyone know when LE package will be shown, TPF maybe?

#11504 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I hope all 3 LE options (black, green, blue) will be shown by TPF, if not before.

#11505 2 years ago

Get to pick your own, based on what's available, of course....

#11506 2 years ago

Just saw the game play video.

Looked cool, but the ball rarely got in the pop bumpers and if it did, usually had no rebound action and just fell out.

Were the pop bumpers working correctly? They kinda reminded me of Data East, too far apart.

#11507 2 years ago

Impressed with the videos, and really impressed with the way the Heighway folks respond to questions or concerns, no matter how stupid my questions are. You can feel they are genuinely excited about this product. Placed my deposit yesterday.......

#11508 2 years ago

I think I've seen enough videos. I ordered the LE today.

#11509 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Seriously. I was catching up on the Aerosmith thread yesterday and watched a couple of videos of people playing and thought how underwhelming it was compared to Alien. Sure, the artwork is nice and all that and I suspect Aerosmith may be a good game overall (it still has work to go), but, man, Alien blew it out of the water.

I think what really sets Alien apart is the music/sound. The background Heartbeat/Breathing sound really drew me into the game. Just seems much more intense/immersive/engaging. I don't really care to watch videos of other people playing games (I still don't get how these people on YouTube are almost millionaires but different topic), but I don't mind watching some pinball videos to see how a game plays. I don't think I've ever been drawn into a game like I was watching Alien. Not sure if other people feel the same, but Alien is almost certain to be my next pin purchase.

Can't wait to get my hands on one!

#11510 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Nice one mate, what number did you get?

I ordered from Cointaker and didn't even think to ask melissa.

#11511 2 years ago

Thats the question no one knows

My bet/hope is on a giger-esque style LE art package

#11512 2 years ago

So I'm thinking about the LE, but some of the details are a bit murky.
Based on some of the pics, it looks like the LE has a the 27" screen in the backbox - I am assuming that's standard on the LE?
Or is that an add on?
I see on the Heighway site that many of the add ons are specifically mentioned as included on the LE, but the backbox screen is not mentioned..

#11513 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

I see on the Heighway site that many of the add ons are specifically mentioned as included on the LE, but the backbox screen is not mentioned..

search andrew's posts in this thread. There is a chart. Big LCD is extra everywhere I think.

#11514 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Based on some of the pics, it looks like the LE has a the 27" screen in the backbox - I am assuming that's standard on the LE?
Or is that an add on?

I have to say, after revisiting the Heighway site yesterday, the information could be presented a lot clearer, plus a lot of it is old. The chart that was posted here isn't even on their site, from what I could find. Kind of a hindrence to people looking to make a quick purchase decision.

Of course, I'd rather they build more games right now myself if that is the choice, but I can't fault folks for asking the same questions over and over after seeing how they are presenting things.

#11515 2 years ago

Yeah ok, looking at the flyer posted on this thread makes it clear.... now if only that flyer was somewhere on their website! Definitely would make things clearer for folks....

#11516 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Make sure to post your # in the other thread.....congrats!!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alienle-are-you-in-whats-your/page/6

#11517 2 years ago

Perhaps Best a question for Andrew.

On the Standard version, are there connection "opportunities" to add our own beacons?

Thanks!

#11518 2 years ago

Yes, but they need to be driven correctly by the software

#11519 2 years ago

On Friday, we are filming a short interview with Alien Pinball game designer, Dave Sanders.

Please post any questions you have for Dave here, and we will try and get as many answered on Friday as possible.

#11520 2 years ago

Will need to find out my number from Cointaker. I have an invoice for an LE but there's no number on it.

#11521 2 years ago

I can't hold back any longer...I'm in. I just sold Ghostbusters - so I've got $$ and space.

BOO YA BABY!!

#11522 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Will need to find out my number from Cointaker. I have an invoice for an LE but there's no number on it.

Congrats!!!....you can at least look at the thread to know which ones have been taken, then ask Melissa for one of the available ones.

#11523 2 years ago

Of all the games coming out this year, this and Dialed in have my attention. Fortunately for me I have a Full Throttle that I can drop an Alien kit into. Whereas, Dialed In will cost someone shitload before I buy it from them used.

#11524 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Or is that an add on?

I was confused as well. The thing I am wondering now is what does the backglass look like without the monitor? Is there just a big black hole or is there art for that space? It may be cool to have the full art in the backglass and then use the playfield monitor for info. If there really is no option without the monitor then I say clean up the site. Add $500 to the price and make it any easy buy now without the confusion of all the add ons.

#11525 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thats the question no one knows
My bet/hope is on a giger-esque style LE art package

As cool as that would be, i doubt that's the case, considering it wouldn't really match the playfield art, imo. I would be happy to be proven wrong, however.

I'm just betting/hoping for something in this vein

alien_queen_wip_by_uncannyknack-d9z6rzv (resized).jpg

f618778a027834ded88d8442059746a8 (resized).jpg

#11526 2 years ago

Good question for Dave can he tell us from inception design till now what has changed and why? With the games layout?

#11527 2 years ago

I'd like to say that it's extremely exciting to find a new rising designer like Dave, who's creating unique layouts with interesting shot geometry & balancing that with speed and flow. Theres so much going on with both Full Throttle & Alien, instead of the same "legendary designers" at other companies who rehash the same recycled ideas & fan layouts over & over. I'm sure there are many who will agree that it's awesome to see a new young designer finally get a shot to show us something new & fresh

I guess I'll throw a few questions out there.... There are so many pins from so many different eras, so which pins & era do you enjoy the most, and how have they inspired you as a designer?

And many people still bring up the old saying that "all widebody games are slow", yet Full Throttle (and Alien) has clearly dispelled that myth. Still there are people who don't care for widebody pins, yet Heighway made the decision to produce widebody pins with their swapable cabinet design. From a design standpoint, why did you decide to focus on widebody games instead of a standard cabinet?

And if you had the freedom to design the ultimate dream pin for yourself, what theme would you choose?

Thanks for taking questions!

#11528 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

On Friday, we are filming a short interview with Alien Pinball game designer, Dave Sanders.
Please post any questions you have for Dave here, and we will try and get as many answered on Friday as possible.

Here are my questions:

How does the design and integration with theme, rules, animations, sounds etc. work? Do you have a storyboard for that?

I believe all Heighway pins start with being designed in a virtual environment. How does the process look from virtual design to physical pin? What advantages does it have and maybe there are also disadvantages?

What is your personal opinion about the Alien pinball project? Was it overall a fun ride? How did you experience to work with a local and overseas team? What compromises did you have to make designwise? And can you tell something about them. Did Andrew as the muthur of Alien fans have a great impact on the overall design and look of the game?

Thanks and looking forward to the interview.

#11529 2 years ago

Show
Me
The
L
E
!

When is the art going to be revealed?

#11530 2 years ago

Can someone please post a high res top down image of the populated playfield?

#11531 2 years ago

Only have one question for Dave... how do I get out of this chicken shit outfit?

#11532 2 years ago

I know its been asked and I know we are still waiting on LE artwork etc....but whats the realistic timeline expectation on LE delivery in the states?

#11533 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I know its been asked and I know we are still waiting on LE artwork etc....but whats the realistic timeline expectation on LE delivery in the states?

Interested in knowing as well. I wonder if all 3 LE trims will be revealed at The Texas Pinball Festival later this month?

#11534 2 years ago

I have a question too, if it's not too late. Of the hours creating a pinball machine from scratch, what percentage is spent on physical design versus display graphics versus sounds?

#11535 2 years ago

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I'm curious. I ordered an LE, but I also want to consider future proofing this cabinet for potential kits.

- how hard are the blades to remove? (I think they look awesome)

- how hard is the trim to remove?

- could I switch the green or blue trim for chrome? I really like the green and think it fits the theme really well, but it might be nice to have something more neutral for future kits.

#11536 2 years ago

They offer chrome trim as an additional option, but it's a little pricey. Check their website. Black trim is also an option.

I think we need to see the LE art package before deciding on trim color. Hopefully soon

#11537 2 years ago

I know Aurich said he had artwork we could use to cover the lower flipper "blank" space. Is there also artwork for the upper flippers? I'm guessing that once that plug is black it'll be fine, but just curious about potential options...

#11538 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I know Aurich said he had artwork we could use to cover the lower flipper "blank" space. Is there also artwork for the upper flippers? I'm guessing that once that plug is black it'll be fine, but just curious about potential options...

The entire playfield has art, even the 'holes'. Not that it would ever happen, but if Heighway wanted to ship a game with no embedded LCD screen in the middle of the playfield I could provide art for that easily. So yes, all flipper holes have art that could be turned into decals.

When I get my personal game I'll test things if people are interested in that. Or if someone in Wales wants to mess with it I'm happy to give them files.

#11539 2 years ago

This pin looks amazing. Heighway has earned my first NIB purchase. I made my down payment on the LE a couple days ago.

#11540 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Show
Me
The
L
E
!
When is the art going to be revealed?

I'm pretty sure they are withholding showing the artwork just to torture you and not because of needing final approval from Fox

#11541 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Does Dennis Nordman no longer get credit as a designer for Alien?

#11542 2 years ago

Aurich said this is Dave's game now, not Dennis's

#11543 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Aurich said this is Dave's game now, not Dennis's

Dennis has also said that and made it clear that it is far from the original mock up Dennis did.

Rob > look back at the photos and you will see a comparison. The game is 99% Dave! It shoots very distinctly like a Dave S game. the guy is a fantastic designer and obviously puts tons into this! I have been super impressed with the layout and geometry of both his games!

#11544 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dennis has also said that and made it clear that it is far from the original mock up Dennis did.
Rob > look back at the photos and you will see a comparison. The game is 99% Dave! It shoots very distinctly like a Dave S game. the guy is a fantastic designer and obviously puts tons into this! I have been super impressed with the layout and geometry of both his games!

Thanks. There are clearly a ton of shots on this pin.

#11545 2 years ago

For reference. This is clearly Dave's game, as there were a ton of changes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/228#post-3621723

#11546 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Does Dennis Nordman no longer get credit as a designer for Alien?

I can tell you that I've talked with Dennis about this, face to face, and he doesn't want credit, and doesn't consider the game anything that's his anymore. He's moved on.

#11547 2 years ago

I think of it as a Dave game with Dennis bones. I really like the offset upper flippers and associated shots.

#11548 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Only have one question for Dave... how do I get out of this chicken shit outfit?

sgtapone (resized).jpg

#11549 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

I was confused as well. The thing I am wondering now is what does the backglass look like without the monitor? Is there just a big black hole or is there art for that space? It may be cool to have the full art in the backglass and then use the playfield monitor for info. If there really is no option without the monitor then I say clean up the site. Add $500 to the price and make it any easy buy now without the confusion of all the add ons.

Good question

#11550 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

Here's a pic I stole from the http://www.heighwaypinball.com/alien/ page...

alien1 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24643 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside