• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 490.
#11451 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All depends on how the LE artwork looks. I'm thinking green may be the way to go through considering that that green is used in the Alien logo, there's green rubbers in the game, the aliens acid is green and hell a lot of people think aliens are green, lol.
The second film, Aliens, has more blue tones on its official poster and at times there is a blue cool tone to some scenes in the film. I think that is why Heighway offered blue as another trim option. If the LE artwork has a blue Aliens vibe to it then blue may be the way to go.

Shiny / Jet black would be my choice.

There is enough going on with the art package in this game and lighting it doesn't need eye popping rails, etc. Plus black would "hide" the otherwise more noticeable bezel around the top of the glass a little better, look classy, and would work for any future Heighway game kit that you might drop in.

#11452 2 years ago

Yes gloss black is the objectively correct answer

#11453 2 years ago

Not feeling the colored cabs.

#11454 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes gloss black is the objectively correct answer

Though I will say that when I saw the brilliant red Full Throttle cabinet, with the glossy black bezel and legs, for the first time it was stunning. So, yeah, still glossy black.

full-throttle-limited-2 (resized).jpg

#11455 2 years ago

Just need to see the final LE cabinet options before making a final decesion.

For the LE I see there is a black powder coat option. So on the black armor on a standard and black armor on an LE is different?

#11456 2 years ago

From what I understand, yes the black trim/legs on the LE will be a gloss black. The cabinet on the LE is also gloss black.

I'm leaning black trim, as it futureproofs the cabinet. With a black trim you can drop any other playfield in there as it will match anything.

#11457 2 years ago

Does anyone know if Heighway Pinball has a FAQ anywhere? I've got a bunch of questions that I don't feel like digging around for that I'm sure quite a few other people have as well. If anyone knows and can direct me, that'd be great. In the meantime I'll post them and maybe Andrew can comment directly, he seems to do an awesome job of following his threads.

Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Alien pinball machine for?
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Full Throttle machine for?
Q: Is there final pricing on a "Game Unit" yet for either Alien or Full Throttle?
Q: What is the estimated shipping cost to the US for a full game and also for a game unit?
edit (saw this on their website) A: Shipping is included into the US. Additional cost to move machine from distributor to your door.
Q: Are there discounts available if buying a complete game and one or more game units at the same time?
Q: How is service handled for US customers?

#11458 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Plus black would "hide" the otherwise more noticeable bezel around the top of the glass a little bette

Exactly another reason the colors need to be darker. Bright green or blue is going to be a huge visual distraction while playing, due to the large bezel.

#11459 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Does anyone know if Heighway Pinball has a FAQ anywhere? I've got a bunch of questions that I don't feel like digging around for that I'm sure quite a few other people have as well. If anyone knows and can direct me, that'd be great. In the meantime I'll post them and maybe Andrew can comment directly, he seems to do an awesome job of following his threads.
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Alien pinball machine for?
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Full Throttle machine for?
Q: Is there final pricing on a "Game Unit" yet for either Alien or Full Throttle?
Q: What is the estimated shipping cost to the US for a full game and also for a game unit?
Q: Are there discounts available if buying a complete game and one or more game units at the same time?
Q: How is service handled for US customers?

For customer service I've dealt directly with heighway. They've responded and remedied any issues we've had will Full Throttle at The Sanctum.

Kits prices are available as we've ordered a kit to put in our Full Throttle. I forget the exact numbers but it was in the ballpark of 4500 with needed computer upgrade which wasn't much.

#11460 2 years ago

So I know this system is meant to be able to swap playfields and art out, but what if you never do that? Im wondering why no one has come out with artwork to cover all the dead space around the side art of the cab. Seems like a lost market for heighway owners.

#11461 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So I know this system is meant to be able to swap playfields and art out, but what if you never do that? Im wondering why no one has come out with artwork to cover all the dead space around the side art of the cab. Seems like a lost market for heighway owners.

I'm sure this is coming... Up until recently they only had one pin out there and no need for it.

#11462 2 years ago

Im wondering why no one has come out with artwork to cover all the dead space around the side art of the cab

2 games have shipped, give it time!

#11463 2 years ago

Man the game looks really immersive. Hoping to see some more videos of other options (like fiber optic lighting) so I figure out which options to pick!

#11464 2 years ago

So I know this system is meant to be able to swap playfields and art out, but what if you never do that?

Not sure how anyone could say that with any degree of certainty. Based on Alien & Full Throttle, I think the odds are highly probable that Dave Sanders is going to continue to design fun games that I want to purchase. And the thought of paying for just the playfield vs an entire new cabinet sounds incredibly appealing to many, either for cost savings or due to limited gameroom space. So I'll probably play it safe & give myself the option with a black or chrome trim, which looks awesome BTW.

#11465 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Does anyone know if Heighway Pinball has a FAQ anywhere?

Please see answers below...

Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Alien pinball machine for? This is determined by our license end date. This is not public knowledge
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Full Throttle machine for? As long as there is demand. We own the IP so there are no licensing restrictions, as such
Q: Is there final pricing on a "Game Unit" yet for either Alien or Full Throttle? http://www.heighwaypinball.com/store-2/ please click on either game
Q: What is the estimated shipping cost to the US for a full game and also for a game unit? We offer an airfreight option to customers for $350 to the door. Cointaker also have special delivery options.
edit (saw this on their website) A: Shipping is included into the US. Additional cost to move machine from distributor to your door.
Q: Are there discounts available if buying a complete game and one or more game units at the same time? We are about to release a special offer relating to this
Q: How is service handled for US customers? Either via our tech department, or via Cointaker, or both

#11466 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Alien pinball machine for? This is determined by our license end date. This is not public knowledge
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Full Throttle machine for? As long as there is demand. We own the IP so there are no licensing restrictions, as such
Q: Is there final pricing on a "Game Unit" yet for either Alien or Full Throttle? http://www.heighwaypinball.com/store-2/ please click on either game
Q: What is the estimated shipping cost to the US for a full game and also for a game unit? We offer an airfreight option to customers for $350 to the door. Cointaker also have special delivery options.
Q: Are there discounts available if buying a complete game and one or more game units at the same time? We are about to release a special offer relating to this
Q: How is service handled for US customers? Either via our tech department, or via Cointaker, or both

^^^^^ Now that - is some great service. Thanks for the super fast response.

#11467 2 years ago

We offer an airfreight option to customers for $350 to the door.

#11468 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Any possibility of streaming Alien with deadflip? https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

This monday!

17021524_795482383932916_1838241213820477962_n (resized).jpg

#11469 2 years ago

Andrew, how about Bladerunner as your next pin? Then Predator vs Alien?

#11470 2 years ago

Please see answers below..

Quoted from T-800:

^^^^^ Now that - is some great service. Thanks for the super fast response.

Quoted from bladerunner:

Or maybe... WOOLY?

#11471 2 years ago

As previously stated, I ordered my LE last week and am cautiously excited , as this is looking to be one of the best additions to my gameroom since I started collecting back in the mid 90's.

#11472 2 years ago

Blade runner is an all time favorite!
That would be amazing!
Pardon my stupidity but what is wooly ?

#11473 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Blade runner is an all time favorite!
That would be amazing!
Pardon my stupidity but what is wooly ?

A pin based off of the greatest band of all time.

lol. Its "Wrath of Olympus" pinball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-play-it-at-expo

#11475 2 years ago

Thanks law !
I just couldn't think of what the
Ly were when I first saw it. I thought the abbrev. was WOO and he was hinting at something else!

#11476 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Thanks law !
I just couldn't think of what the
Ly were when I first saw it. I thought the abbrev. was WOO and he was hinting at something else!

T-800 (the guy getting his questions answered by Andrew) is the developer of "Wrath of Olympus" which he's not been able to manufacture in large numbers (yet).

A casual thought was maybe Heighway and Scott (t-800) could work out some kind of manufacture agreement to make Scott's game.

#11477 2 years ago

Here IS the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game
» YouTube video

Looking good!

Man I love David Thiel's work, great as usual. The sound fx on this pin really help immerse you in the theme.

#11478 2 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

I'm in for Alien. My initial plan was to have both side by side. But still I didn't closed the intrinsic fight as I did lost many of hardly earned money. So I personaly can not deal with this game ... currently.

#11479 2 years ago

I think a Predator pin should be done soon, based on 1 and 2 like Alien/s that would look very nice next to my Alien LE, Predator LE.

#11480 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think a Predator pin should be done soon, based on 1 and 2 like Alien/s that would look very nice next to my Alien LE, Predator LE.

Yer I thought that too once.

#11481 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Yer I thought that too once.

It would be the second time for me as well, one has finally actually happened and now that Heighway has worked with Fox could the Predator be far behind I hope not.

#11482 2 years ago

Heighway securing another monster, insta-purchase franchise like Bladerunner would be incredible...here's hoping!

#11483 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Not sure how anyone could say that with any degree of certainty. Based on Alien & Full Throttle, I think the odds are highly probable that Dave Sanders is going to continue to design fun games that I want to purchase. And the thought of paying for just the playfield vs an entire new cabinet sounds incredibly appealing to many, either for cost savings or due to limited gameroom space. So I'll probably play it safe & give myself the option with a black or chrome trim, which looks awesome BTW.

I foresee people wanting to have more than one cab once they get past 2 games. Why just have them sitting around when you have more than a few people over. Its addicting to have games setup, im not gonna lie. Pack them in! LOL

#11484 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looking good!
Man I love David Thiel's work, great as usual. The sound fx on this pin really help immerse you in the theme.

thelaw
Why did you downvote????!

#11486 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks for the opinions on color, i think black would be the safe bet but if chrome was available, i would go for that... someting for HP to think about!

Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought preditor was dead?

Quoted from Perspex:

Heighway securing another monster, insta-purchase franchise like Bladerunner would be incredible...here's hoping!

A new star wars would be the motherload!

#11487 2 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I thought preditor was dead?

Its done for Kevin the dickhead but Andrew could very well obtain the license, I hope he does.

#11488 2 years ago

I love the music during tunnel hunt. Very eerie.

#11489 2 years ago

My AlienLE shall always be a stand alone, as it's a true grail for me. Had thought green was a lock, but the blue looks pretty sweet. I don't think the larger bezel around the glass will diminish the integration of color, and combined w the beacons and fiber ramps, artwork, it should all fit nicely.

This is one theme, however, that I would never do in chrome ( props to my TRONLE)...this theme is dark...chrome way too bright. Anxious to see the package " full on" w the Colors!!!

#11490 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its done for Kevin the dickhead but Andrew could very well obtain the license, I hope he does.

Unfortunately, Fox may try to push the new reboot currently in production. Here's the cast:

shane-black-predator (resized).jpg

#11491 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

thelaw
Why did you downvote????!

Only because of the "immersive" line. I agree of course everything aboot the game audio sounds awesome.

#11492 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Only because of the "immersive" line.

Is the term "immersive" played out?

#11493 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Is the term "immersive" played out?

To me it is yes; but to each their own.

#11494 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Unfortunately, Fox may try to push the new reboot currently in production. Here's the cast:

Tell me that's not really a thing!

#11495 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Tell me that's not really a thing!

Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Last Action Hero, Nice Guys) is directing.

#11496 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To me it is yes; but to each their own.

I've told my boss the same thing a few times, so I get it.

#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Last Action Hero, Nice Guys) is directing.

Don't forget kiss kiss bang bang!

honestly it couldn't be any worse than predators.

#11498 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Does anyone know if Heighway Pinball has a FAQ anywhere?

You forgot one question;

Q: Once I have the game unit, how do I buy a second cabinet to put it in after I realize I want both pins set up at the same time.

#11499 2 years ago

For this one, are we going to get any kind of "hey, guys....better order soon" when the license is nearing the end of its run? I am saving my pennies for this game, and it would really suck to "just miss it" ...

Not asking for the exact date - just asking will we get any kind of notice before the plug is pulled on the license altogether?

#11500 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't forget kiss kiss bang bang!

Definitely. An underrated movie to boot!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 490.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside