• 24,674 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24674 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 494.
#11251 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I know you think your posts are clever but your second sentence just comes off as dickish and part of the problem over here... but gee thanks for answering.

It was actually in reference to the fact Ridley Scott said Prometheus has nothing to do with Alien when it came out, which everyone knew was totally silly. So My emoticon was laughing at him trying to outsmart us all, not laughing at your post not knowing the 2 were related.

But you took it that I must be insulting you, even though I never have been rude to you once on this site.
Talk aboot the problem around here

"Think my posts are clever?" Good thing being a condescending jerk isn't a dick move

#11252 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It was actually in reference to the fact Ridley Scott said Prometheus has nothing to do with Alien when it came out, which everyone knew was totally silly. So My emoticon was laughing at him trying to outsmart us all, not laughing at your post not knowing the 2 were related.
But you took it that I must be insulting you, even though I never have been rude to you once on this site.
Talk aboot the problem around here

I figured you were being rude and condescending... I didn't read about him trying to distance the movie from the Alien franchise. Though now that I think about it...hmmm. When I went to see it I knew it was a "prequel" of sorts so I didn't think the director had been secretive about it.

But you're right - I ASSumed you were giving me sh*t and there is always the first time Sorry.

#11253 2 years ago

No worries man, the pinside purge has us all on edge!!

When you look at the facts my post may have been a bit to clever for its own good

#11254 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought it was odd also that after all of this waiting to see the first Alien pin shoot... you and I are the only ones around. Lightweights must have all had to hit the sheets... I figured there would be 50 comments by now. Fickle bunch

#11255 2 years ago

Glad you guys hugged it out. OH - have I mentioned I'm STOKED to play Alien at TP? I am!!!

#11256 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When you look at the facts my post may have been a bit to clever for its own good

Don't give yourself too much credit - I'm infamous for misinterpreting people on the internet

But yeah - went right over my head tonight. I gotta up my game.

#11257 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Glad you guys hugged it out. OH - have I mentioned I'm STOKED to play Alien at TP? I am!!!

This might get me purged but... I *hate* lucky bastards like yourself

#11258 2 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival. ....phew.

Damn ipad. Ok, g'night.

#11259 2 years ago

Yeah I haven't even had a chance to play a FT yet...definitely looking forward to alien.

#11260 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm not complaining mind you, but isn't the circular ship I see so often the underground one from Prometheus? In the fact isn't the whole mode "Derelict Ship" about this?

The Derelict Ship mode and all graphics are based entirely on the scenes from Alien. That's the ship they stop to investigate that has the eggs in it. With the 'Space Jockey' skeleton with the burst chest.

Quoted from Manic:

I agree some alternate endings would be nice. So MANY possibilities too...

There were two originally, but one had to be scrapped and hasn't been replaced yet. I agree, rotating between a few would be good, that's the kind of thing we'll hit on a polish pass. David and Kelly and I are still waiting for hands on time, playing a finished game will help us figure out what needs to be updated and added.

There's a complete game with good code right now, all the modes, all the multiballs, mini and full wizard modes. As you can see it's full of animation and music and sounds and callouts too. But I'd expect more in terms of sound, animation, graphics, lighting, and rules still.

Joe playtesting a final game will help a lot too, I know he already has changes in mind for one mode after playtesting it with people.

#11261 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Face hugged it out...

#11262 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you lock balls the left drain can trade one for a ball save.

Now that's clever.....wonder if that's a first for pinball?

#11263 2 years ago

Thx 4 the stream. Can't wait to play this game ... send some to Belgium !!!
And make sure there are several on DPO Expo

#11264 2 years ago

So you can get to the gameplay video from there.

One of the guys playing sounds like Pete Hendricks (going to guess that it's him, since this is in Pittsburgh, PA).

#11265 2 years ago

What is the reason for the flipper infills? Are they used for flipper alignment?

#11266 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

What is the reason for the flipper infills? Are they used for flipper alignment?

For quick drop out of flipper mechs

#11267 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

they are awesome! You can literally unscrew the whole mech with the standard 8 screws (actually better than standard since they are inset into a female reciever in the of), disconnect the wires, and drop the entire and correctly aligned flipper in under 30 seconds.

This makes it easy to just drop a new flipper mech in or work on the one you pulled on the bench/table.

It is a genius idea and very well engineered IMO.

The white pf insert for this will be black. You are just seeing one of the first few Aliens to go out which has the white inserts still.

#11268 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they are awesome! You can literally unscrew the whole mech with the standard 8 screws (actually better than standard since they are inset into a female reciever in the of), disconnect the wires, and drop the entire and correctly aligned flipper in under 30 seconds.
This makes it easy to just drop a new flipper mech in or work on the one you pulled on the bench/table.
The white pf insert for this will be black. You are just seeing one of the first few Aliens to go out which has the white inserts still.

I am also pretty sure Aurich also mentioned he could supply people with the art file for the infill areas, if people wanted to create their own decals, which is a great little thing to offer up for people interested

#11269 2 years ago

getting excited...

22 February 2017 21:58 (Local time)
New York Jfk Airport 22 February 2017 21:58
Shipment arrived at connection point

#11270 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Very cool. Game looks great!

#11271 2 years ago

Hi all, I don't Internet much so is there a way to post video I took of the unboxing and such? Just trying to share on here so you can have a better idea at the build quality etc? Thanks much. I can link to Facebook if not.

#11272 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hi all, I don't Internet much so is there a way to post video I took of the unboxing and such? Just trying to share on here so you can have a better idea at the build quality etc? Thanks much. I can link to Facebook if not.

Uploading to YouTube is an option. You would need to create a free Google Account first. Facebook is probably the easiest of the two options.

#11273 2 years ago

What is the Dropship, complete for 2x play field?

#11274 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

curious if you had any tips for unboxing and getting it up. Someone mentioned on the stream that you had a fuse issue at start but when I tuned in it all looked great.

Looks like #2 will arrive any day now, so want to be prepared.

#11275 2 years ago

Are you putting this one out into the wild? The people of Madison are so lucky you have a lot of great games on location. Congratulations and please share some pics or video.

#11276 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Of the handstand woman or the game?

Well the handstand-woman of course the but game would be nice.

#11277 2 years ago

I'll ask what seems to be the tough question.

I saw the whole stream and not one Alien tongue grab. Is it hard to qualify this or is it not programmed as of yet.

#11278 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

YOUTUBE is the best option. Its free and easy to use.
If you need help with anything, please let me know. I'm happy lend a hand.

#11279 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1772051266416430/

Got all 3 on that page. Hope that is acceptable.

#11280 2 years ago

Mr snow,

Check out the video see if that helps you, if not I can call you and guide you as I have unboxed heighway games before.

Best,

C

#11281 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Mr snow,
Check out the video see if that helps you, if not I can call you and guide you as I have unboxed heighway games before.
Best,
C

thanks and will do. I will try to check them out this afternoon. Guessing it is just th need to change out the one fuse, same as FullT? for USA voltage.

#11282 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks for posting the videos!

#11283 2 years ago

Yes I would go for a 6amp slo and keep an eye on it. My 3 year old actually was the one to blow the fuse. Game operated flawlessly after the change. Also I had great support from Andrew on any issues. I really had none. Only other tip would be to remove filler bolts so that the head can be properly attached from the inside of the back box.

Good luck with your game and I am sure it will be a great earner for you guys.

#11284 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Are you putting this one out into the wild? The people of Madison are so lucky you have a lot of great games on location. Congratulations and please share some pics or video.

yes sir. Aliens #2 is owned by Madison Pinball (myself and 2 good friends that put our personal games out on location and do our best to provide a good pinball route experience).

We are big supporters of Heighway with a Full T on route which has done exceptionally well and has steadily grown to a favortie of many locals. We were also a D1 commitment for Aliens. Excited to be getting game #2 off the line and to be able to share it with the local and supportive players in the area.

It will be at Alt Brew a local brewery in Madison from when it arrives and we are also throwing an official Launch Party on April 1st if anyone wants to come hang out.

I am actively working to try and get a twitch superstar form Chicago to make the trek up and Stream the game, so if you know him then be sure to ping him and tell him to come on up.

#11285 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Yes I would go for a 6amp slo and keep an eye on it. My 3 year old actually was the one to blow the fuse. Game operated flawlessly after the change. Also I had great support from Andrew on any issues. I really had none. Only other tip would be to remove filler bolts so that the head can be properly attached from the inside of the back box.
Good luck with your game and I am sure it will be a great earner for you guys.

thanks! Is yours staying on route?

so happy to be able to play ours in the next week or so. It made it safe to JFK and now just needs to make it safely to Maidson!

#11286 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

That's Great! Thank you! Looking forward to seeing it play !

#11287 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious if you had any tips for unboxing and getting it up. Someone mentioned on the stream that you had a fuse issue at start but when I tuned in it all looked great.
Looks like #2 will arrive any day now, so want to be prepared.

If this Alien will be open to the public, I'm not too far from WI. Please let us know where we can go play it.

#11288 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

If this Alien will be open to the public, I'm not too far from WI. Please let us know where we can go play it.

Alt Brew

1806 Wright St in Madison, 53714
Follow Madison Pinball on FB and I will update when it is available for public play/ after it arrives.
My cell is on all the games at the location and if you experience any issues then just shoot me a text and I will be out. With any new game I am always on top of it to work out the bugs.

#11289 2 years ago

Thanks for the unboxing videos!

Damn does Alien look great. What a loaded and cool looking game. Can't wait to get mine.

#11290 2 years ago

This is what I want to see: games getting played and tried out, all the bugs worked out, all the updates implemented, all the reviews done....

Man, at this rate, I can tell I'll be ordering this year.

Time to start saving some $$$.

Looking forward to watching these FB videos (computer I am on right now is way too choppy).

#11291 2 years ago

Our plan is to have all 4 alien pinballs on route. I do this for a living, amusements that is. I have a personal collection but very few home only games as this is my family business since the early 1970s. I know some people on pinside in real life but most will tell you this is not normal for me to post like this. I just wanted to inform the pinball community of the game so they can make a more informed decision on their purchases.

This game is at voodoo brewing in Homestead PA but will make its way to our newest retro arcade at Starport in Morgantown WV.

Good luck to everyone on their alien pinball. I'm sure you'll be happy with the purchase.

Best

#11292 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I know some people on pinside in real life but most will tell you this is not normal for me to post like this. I just wanted to inform the pinball community of the game so they can make a more informed decision on their purchases.
This game is at voodoo brewing in Homestead PA but will make its way to our newest retro arcade at Starport in Morgantown WV.
Good luck to everyone on their alien pinball. I'm sure you'll be happy with the purchase.

Thank you!

#11293 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Our plan is to have all 4 alien pinballs on route. I do this for a living, amusements that is. I have a personal collection but very few home only games as this is my family business since the early 1970s. I know some people on pinside in real life but most will tell you this is not normal for me to post like this. I just wanted to inform the pinball community of the game so they can make a more informed decision on their purchases.
Best

If I was not relocating to Eglin AFB on Saturday, I was SO make the drive to come see this game right now. All about the timing...!!!

#11294 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Damn, says I need a Facebook account to view. F that, hopefully someone will get some YouTube video up.

#11295 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'll ask what seems to be the tough question.
I saw the whole stream and not one Alien tongue grab. Is it hard to qualify this or is it not programmed as of yet.

I'm curious to know this too. Although it didn't really look like they were aiming for it at all.

#11296 2 years ago

Its not hard, it just didnt happen yet.

#11297 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I just wanted to inform the pinball community of the game so they can make a more informed decision on their purchases.

Thanks for this

#11298 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Damn, says I need a Facebook account to view. F that, hopefully someone will get some YouTube video up.

Why people REFUSE to create a Facebook account when so many videos they end up wanting to watch are there, is beyond me. I get it, FB has a stigma from the "older" crowd (which I'm a part of). I literally don't understand why people use FB. But they do, so get over it.

There are things posted there that have nothing to do with "using" FB that you want to see. Regardless, people are on here almost daily saying "screw FB, when will someone post that video somewhere else?!?!" Get over yourselves.

I have a FB acct with EXACTLY zero friends. I don't "use" FB, but I have an acct so I can see this sort of stuff I want to see that people post there. It's free, took seconds to sign up for, and I still get to tell people I don't use FB. That's right people, you can have a FB acct without actually "using" FB.

Or I suppose you can keep torturing yourself and complaining while you wait for someone to post the video somewhere you feel is worthy of you accessing. So be it.

#11299 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Alt Brew
1806 Wright St in Madison, 53714
Follow Madison Pinball on FB and I will update when it is available for public play/ after it arrives.
My cell is on all the games at the location and if you experience any issues then just shoot me a text and I will be out. With any new game I am always on top of it to work out the bugs.

I should mention that any pinheads which seak this place out for the game, please be sure to buy a beer/ nachos at the bar and specifically tell them thanks for having pinball. I have found they really appreciate this feedback and we are of course very thankful that they let us take up space with pinball.

#11300 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Why people REFUSE to create a Facebook account when so many videos they end up wanting to watch are there, is beyond me. I get it, FB has a stigma from the "older" crowd (which I'm a part of). I literally don't understand why people use FB. But they do, so get over it.
There are things posted there that have nothing to do with "using" FB that you want to see. Regardless, people are on here almost daily saying "screw FB, when will someone post that video somewhere else?!?!" Get over yourselves.
I have a FB acct with EXACTLY zero friends. I don't "use" FB, but I have an acct so I can see this sort of stuff I want to see that people post there. It's free, took seconds to sign up for, and I still get to tell people I don't use FB. That's right people, you can have a FB acct without actually "using" FB.
Or I suppose you can keep torturing yourself and complaining while you wait for someone to post the video somewhere you feel is worthy of you accessing. So be it.

I have a fake FB account but I still say screw FB. I'm a young guy too.

FB just makes it so hard to use. Video buffering on YT is much better than FB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
There are 24674 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside