• 24,463 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24463 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 490.
#11151 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Are you saying the flipper space is less than T2? I love it because it is a strategic element to have it on T2.

Quoted from o-din:

Well, if it was up to me, I'd just include that post in the goody bag or whatever and let those that want to use it drill away. And those that don't won't have an empty hole to look at after removing it.

Actually that's what they did with T2, it was originally supplied with both a post and a white plug, so the operators could then choose how they wanted their machines setup.

Anyway back to Alien

#11152 2 years ago

Having played quite a number of games now, I have to agree with ealadubhsidhe. There are a lot of outlane drains on this machine, so offsetting it with a slightly easier center isn't a bad thing. It's not a super long playing game.

#11153 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They already did, months ago.

I must have got stoned and missed it. Sorry for bringing it up..

#11154 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that post between the flippers optional? Or will they all come with a hole drilled there.
That narrow of a flipper gap shouldn't need one.
Well maybe for some on this forum it might.
I got to the part in the video where the ball first bounced off that post and couldn't watch anymore.

It's a regular mini-post. Simple matter to undo the nut from underneath and take the post out.

#11155 2 years ago

Like I said I missed the earlier discussion of the post. Now I'm regretting bringing it up, but when you remove the post, it leaves a hole.

Having a hole there isn't so bad..

#11157 2 years ago

I'll check out the options available.

#11158 2 years ago

So it looks like the post would be removable? Is there a pinball product that's used to plug the post holes, that lays flat?

#11159 2 years ago

Who is feeling a little spoiled, when the entire main development team is on here answering every question.

Thanks Team Heighway!

#11160 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Who is feeling a little spoiled, when the entire main development team is on here answering every question.

No matter how many times it's been asked and they answer hostility with a level headed friendly response. Must be a British thing.

#11161 2 years ago

I switched my order from a standard to an LE (blue). Price difference is about $900 between a standard an an LE. I was already planning on buying the topper and shaker motor, that is $380 right there. I figured I might as well spend $500 more and get the EL blade lighting system, fiber optic ramp lighting, power coated armor and the other LE goodies.

Thank you to Heighway for offering value at the LE level. Looking forward to seeing the full LE reveal. I think you guys have a hit on your hands.

#11162 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No matter how many times it's been asked and they answer hostility with a level headed friendly response. Must be a British thing.

When you take someone's $$$ for a product that you are selling, its your OBLIGATION to try and be forthcoming and engage with your customers on a variety of issues. Andrew understands that its also in his BEST INTEREST, the goal is to sell more pinball machines for crying out loud!

Spooky gets it too, the rest of pinball just doesn't seem to get it or just take us for granted.

#11163 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you to Heighway for actually offering value at the LE level. Looking forward to seeing the full LE reveal. I think you guys have a hit on your hands.

The electroluminescent inside art panels really makes it pop! That's one of the must-haves in my book.

#11164 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you take someone's $$$ for a product that you are selling, its your OBLIGATION to try and be forthcoming and engage with your customers on a variety of issues. Andrew understands that its also in his BEST INTEREST, the goal is to sell more pinball machines for crying out loud!
Spooky gets it too, the rest of pinball just doesn't seem to get it or just take us for granted.

I'll bet ya dollars to donuts they don't do it on the next game...at least not to this level. I can see a PRrep in Andrew's future..heck, he could hire one for pinside alone to deal with jabronis!

#11165 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I switched my order from a standard to an LE (blue). Price difference is about $900 between a standard an an LE. I was already planning on buying the topper and shaker motor, that is $380 right there. I figured I might as well spend $500 more and get the EL blade lighting system, fiber optic ramp lighting, power coated armor and the other LE goodies.

No brainer on LE Panzer! I still haven't made up my mind on blue versus green yet.

#11166 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No brainer on LE Panzer! I still haven't made up my mind on blue versus green yet.

I'm thinking gloss black.

#11167 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Price difference is about $900 between a standard an an LE.

Why does is look like $1,700 difference. Could you explain your math. $6,450.00 vs $8,150.00

#11168 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Why does is look like $1,700 difference. Could you explain your math. $6,450.00 vs $8,150.00

, this special ‘Limited Edition’ game will feature:

Black Gloss Cabinet Finish, with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim (including legs)
Pinball Topper With Yellow Beacons
Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Backglass And Sideart (+ Standard Edition Artwork Package Also Included)
’35th Anniversary Edition’ Game Plaque With Allocated Number (from 001-500)
Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting
Shaker Motor
*EL Blades now included
Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!

#11169 2 years ago

Alien LE is A Hell of a Value compared to what you get on a Stern LE lately

#11170 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Going off of shipped quote prices from Cointaker with both the standard and LE including the 27" backbox LCD. I would contact Cointaker for exact numbers.

Quoted from iceman44:

Same here. Ultimately I need to see them both to make a final decision. The green does seem like it would blend in well with some of the green featured on the playfield.

#11171 2 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Alien LE is A Hell of a Value compared to what you get on a Stern LE lately

Yup, I'm really glad to see Heighway offering a lot of value at the LE level. I think Stern LE's look cool but I've been passing on recent Stern LE's as for the extra cost ($2200-$2400) over a premium there is very little value being offered in my opinion. I wish Stern would make an LE the way they did Star Trek LE, now there's an LE that really stood out and offered a good amount of features for the extra cost.

I'm also glad to see that Heighway is including LE numbered plaques that are actually readable from more then a foot away...

#11172 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

the rest of pinball just doesn't seem to get it or just take us for granted.

or they troll back at trolls and it's a trollfest..."big boy pants" et al.

#11173 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Having played quite a number of games now, I have to agree with ealadubhsidhe. There are a lot of outlane drains on this machine, so offsetting it with a slightly easier center isn't a bad thing. It's not a super long playing game.

Just want to point out that Joe smoked me, Kelly, and Brian when we were playing 4 player games at Expo. He's no slouch as a player. I personally trust his judgment, as I've gotten very little playtime on this game myself.

#11174 2 years ago

When it comes to the center post, should be an easy mod to make a post with flat top to replace it.

#11175 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

We are quite a patient bunch, it is British to be polite I guess but we also like to deal with things head on when enough is enough

As a country we are quite tolerante but will deal with and don't tolerate fools yet the irony in that is often it's fools running our country

#11176 2 years ago

cab side art, talking cab side art only...

no difference from LE to standard? apart from color.? apologies if i missed that over the course of the thread.

#11177 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

no difference from LE to standard? apart from color.? apologies if i missed that over the course of the thread.

LE Art not yet revealed. LE's come with SE art as well.

#11178 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

LE art will be totally different. That is part of making it a LE.

#11179 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

TNT screwed up and it won't be collected until Monday morning now.

TNT is dynomite!

Show me the money Andrew

#11180 2 years ago

jimmie_jj_walkerundated-dyn-o-mite-med-wide (resized).jpg

#11181 2 years ago

Looks like Andrew said a couple weeks ago that LE artwork should be able to be shown within 2 weeks. Has their been a delay due to approval or is the reveal being delayed for an upcoming show?

#11182 2 years ago

Sounds like the LE art will be based on Aliens and be blue instead of the Alien green. Nice to be able to switch up the artwork after a few months to keep things fresh for LE owners.
Hopefully it'll be shown soon, I think it's going to be great.

#11183 2 years ago

Can we show you more? Absolutely. We already have another gameplay video scheduled for this coming week.

What part don't peep's get?! Yes, he has video to show this week..yes, he will be revealing the LE artwork which is obviously different than standard artwork! Same regurgitated questions pounded into this thread then all the mongrals feel vindicated when he does release something. Redundant!

#11184 2 years ago

Damn, I want some pictures of both versions.

#11185 2 years ago

Screenshot_20170220-120315 (resized).png

#11186 2 years ago

The next one left today. More later in the week

DSC_1421 (resized).JPG
DSC_1422 (resized).JPG

DSC_1421 (resized).JPG

#11187 2 years ago

to keep things moving Heighway. I'll bet the guy in the truck doesn't realize there's an "alien" in the box.

#11189 2 years ago

Great to see another one out the door!

Are these going to those who were paid in full first?

Cant wait to see the LE art!

#11190 2 years ago

The next one left today. More later in the week

a beautiful site Andrew!

Where is that one going?

#11191 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, if it was up to me, I'd just include that post in the goody bag or whatever and let those that want to use it drill away. And those that don't won't have an empty hole to look at after removing it.

There was a time when European games had to have a ball save button that would completely block the ball from going out with pop up posts on the outlanes and a big plastic between the flippers (like Rolling Stones), so that it could be taxed as a game of skill rather than luck (which I suppose implied it was a gambling machine). You would have LOVED that feature!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-stern-sharkeys-shootout

#11192 2 years ago

There's something very wrong in all those pictures of Alien boxes being loaded into trucks: None of them are marked "Norway". I expect this horrible mistake to be looked into right away.

#11193 2 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

There's something very wrong in all those pictures of Alien boxes being loaded into trucks: None of them are marked "Norway". I expect this horrible mistake to be looked into right away.

it is how it works in pinball

First games always go overseas, lol.

#11194 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is how it works in pinball
First games always go overseas, lol.

Such as the North Sea?

#11195 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Such as the North Sea?

lol

#11196 2 years ago

Where's some game play videos?

#11197 2 years ago

I'll be making my next requested payment when I see the LE on that truck. Or at least pictures of the game in the finished state. Go Heighway!!!

#11198 2 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Great examples of what I am getting at are GB & TH. They are absolutely RIDDLED with quotes, music and moments from those movies. Alien pinball does not appear to have this level of movie content.

Yeah but I would rather have fewer quotes and clips form Alien/Aliens than those 2 films. Plus we don't know what the final coded game will be like so to judge it now is foolish, from what I've seen its still 10 times cooler than Gb's or Hobbits.

#11199 2 years ago

For LE's art package, is it finished but not yet approved or still in progress ?

#11200 2 years ago

Question for those who have sent a deposit for alien... Have you been asked to send your deposit money via EMT or via paypal as gift?

The distributor in Canada will only accept paypal if the customer eats the merchant fees. Seems odd to me as they are not a friend or individual, but a company. Also, surcharges for accepting PayPal seem to go against the paypal user agreement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 24463 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 490.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside