DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 601.
#11051 7 years ago

It is Friday Party time. Let's see some photos

#11052 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I want to meet and get my picture with the legendary Ted!

...and I with you as well...

#11053 7 years ago

Andrew any ideas on when we might get to see Alien LE artwork?

#11054 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Non-reflective glass is definitely an option per the website. I'm just not sure if they decided on a supplier yet.
The glass & 27" backbox LCD are mandatory purchase options for LE owners IMO.
EDIT: You can add air freight shipping to that option list as well. At least those are the 3 things I'm going with.

How much does air freight add?

#11055 7 years ago

2nd game shipped today?

#11056 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'll go out on a limb here and guess:

"Two more weeks!"

#11057 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'll go out on a limb here and guess:
"Two more weeks!"

Correct.

#11058 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

2nd game shipped today?

No. TNT screwed up and it won't be collected until Monday morning now.

Quoted from sed6:

How much does air freight add?

Currently $350 airfreight door-to-door to any U.S. address

Quoted from Hazoff:

We are still working on it. No news to report yet, unfortunately

#11059 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

That works for me.

#11060 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

That works for me.

That is ridiculously low. I would expect that to come to US $1000 fully insured. Easy.

#11061 7 years ago

$350 is a great deal. Maybe because of current airfare rates? I paid more than that to have STI deliver one game from North Dakota to Georgia.

#11062 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

That is ridiculously low. I would expect that to come to US $1000 fully insured. Easy.

When I started this company, I expected to ship most of our games in containers by sea.

However, I forged very close ties with TNT and negotiated amazingly low airfreight rates. I haven't shipped a single game by sea at this point.

At one point, I shipped 6 games to Texas last year for only $800 total. That was a one off.

#11063 7 years ago

If you ask me how long it will take to show a gameplay video, then my answer will be a LOT less than 2 weeks .....

#11064 7 years ago

Wondering if Mr Thiel might be receptive to separating sounds into left and right audio channels?

Imagining what would happen if that was taken a step further into 4 channels with a sound card/amp upgrade and a pin sound bar?

Alien Dolby Surround for the discerning home audiophile!

#11065 7 years ago

Wow, that is cheap shipping!

#11066 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Andrew is saying the design phase for the kits should be done in 2 weeks, meaning kits will shipping sometime after that.

2 weeks after that?

#11067 7 years ago

If you ask me how long it will take to show a gameplay video, then my answer will be a LOT less than 2 weeks

Probably best to just round it up to 2 weeks.

#11068 7 years ago

If you ask me how long it will take to show a gameplay video, then my answer will be a LOT less than 2 weeks .....

Will we see ramp lighting?

#11069 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

No, not yet.

The ramp lighting and the LE art will be the very last things to be revealed, and will likely happen at the same time.

#11070 7 years ago

As promised, we are showing you a gameplay video where Alien Pinball is played continuously to illustrate the shots and flow of the game - along with various modes and features being activated.

#11071 7 years ago

Looks awesome!!

#11072 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Nope...dammmit

#11073 7 years ago

Are there additional import duties ordering direct to the United States?

#11074 7 years ago

Excited for the video, but put the glass on please next time. You can't even hear anything over the flipper sounds with the glass off.

#11075 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Wondering if Mr Thiel might be receptive to separating sounds into left and right audio channels?
Imagining what would happen if that was taken a step further into 4 channels with a sound card/amp upgrade and a pin sound bar?

The Alien sound package is VERY stereo and dot one. About a year ago I added a subwoofer to my studio setup so that I could understand the contribution of low frequency stuff when I added it. There are times in the Alien sound package when audio only a subwoofer can reproduce makes a difference (Aurich encouraged this low frequency contribution). Very soon now I will be mastering all the sounds for the amp/speaker setup of the Heighway cabinet.
For spatial audio cues to work at all given the geometry of pinball speaker placement they have to be exaggerated and dynamic. I do this wherever possible. Even the music benefits from the spaciousness of a stereo mix. Reverb effects of dialog put in a resinous Xeno cave are much richer in stereo. Balls moving around orbits and ramps have proper and dynamic audio location effects.
I've been working on this package since Jan 2016 and it has really come together.
After I have a chance to flip and tweak, flip and tweak I think you will be real happy.
(and yes, there is lots of Hudson [in stereo])

#11076 7 years ago

This game could potentially have some of the best sounds ever in pinball.

#11077 7 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

(Aurich encouraged this low frequency contribution).

Often!

#11078 7 years ago

Looks like a LOT of fun with cool shots. Looking forward to more gameplay videos from buyers now.

#11079 7 years ago

Interested in hearing and seeing more modes from the "Aliens" tree. Looks great!

#11080 7 years ago

Is there a direct output for an external subwoofer.

#11081 7 years ago

This looks really fun! How do the weapons work?

#11082 7 years ago

As promised, we are showing you a gameplay video where Alien Pinball is played continuously to illustrate the shots and flow of the game - along with various modes and features being activated.
» YouTube video

Damn, that video just sold me on the game! Deep and unique rules that cover both films, lots of toys, tons of shots and great audio. I'm in.

#11083 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Damn, that video just sold me on the game! Deep and unique rules that cover both films, lots of toys, tons of shots and great audio. I'm in.

Nope, not enough toys for you Panzer

Jk, you aren't as dumb as you seem sometimes.

#11084 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Hit launch button to activate ala troll bombs. 5 weapons each with a different effect. I'd have to look up rules, but they range from score multiplying to activating a temp ball save.

#11085 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope, not enough toys for you Panzer
Jk, you aren't as dumb as you seem sometimes.

Dumb because I question Stern's poor playfield quality when they are charging upwards of $15k for games? lol Thankfully with Alien we won't have to worry about playfield issues, gotta love Mirco made playfields

#11086 7 years ago

Damn. I may have to ditch TBL for this bad boy.

#11087 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Damn. I may have to ditch TBL for this bad boy.

Bummed for your situation with DP man, hope you get out of it safely no matter what game you end up with!

#11088 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dumb because I question Stern's poor playfield quality when they are charging upwards of $15k for games? lol Thankfully with Alien we won't have to worry about playfield issues, gotta love Mirco made playfields

Ok Spock, thank you! Nothing to worry about then?

btw, I love my BM66LE and I'll readily admit, this pin goes way past what i get with Batman.

Yet, Andrew will absolutely kill it when these pins start getting out there.

Home F ing run with this pin Heighway!

#11089 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok Spock, thank you! Nothing to worry about then?
btw, I love my BM66LE and I'll readily admit, this pin goes way past what i get with Batman.
Yet, Andrew will absolutely kill it when these pins start getting out there.
Home F ing run with this pin Heighway!

I'm glad you are liking your Batman. I'm hoping to play one soon that was just recently put on location locally, looking forward to playing it.

Yeah, Alien is really looking slick. Out of all the newer higher priced games I think Alien is offering a lot of value due to its feature set and deep rules offering.

#11090 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

You earn weapons by winning modes or completing the five weapon standup targets around the playfield. If you have more than one weapon, you can select amongst them using the Extra Ball button. Launch button fires the currently selected weapon. Each weapon has a different ability, always earned in order: VP70 Handgun (Advance Bonus X), Ithaca 37 Shotgun (spot 2 Xeno hits), M56 Smart Gun (spot "best" lit shot), M41A Pulse Rifle (start 2X playfield), M240 Flame Thrower (start short ball saver). Advanced players can strategically use the right weapons at the right time to make much goodness happen. But they don't get in the way of casual players. (You could just jam the launch button as your ball is draining and hope that 2 Xeno hits is enough to start Ambush Multiball or something.)

In addition to their abilities, weapons that haven't been used contribute to multipliable end of ball bonus, and also boost scoring of the mini-wizard and final wizard modes.

#11091 7 years ago

» YouTube video

Is this a widebody pin?!
Looks good so far, love the right vent shot from the top left flipper to the right bottom flipper.
Looking forward to my kit, in the meantime I enjoy that other great pin from Heigway

#11092 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You earn weapons by winning modes or completing the five weapon standup targets around the playfield. If you have more than one weapon, you can select amongst them using the Extra Ball button. Launch button fires the currently selected weapon. Each weapon has a different ability, always earned in order: VP70 Handgun (Advance Bonus X), Ithaca 37 Shotgun (spot 2 Xeno hits), M56 Smart Gun (spot "best" lit shot), M41A Pulse Rifle (start 2X playfield), M240 Flame Thrower (start short ball saver). Advanced players can strategically use the right weapons at the right time to make much goodness happen. But they don't get in the way of casual players. (You could just jam the launch button as your ball is draining and hope that 2 Xeno hits is enough to start Ambush Multiball or something.)
In addition to their abilities, weapons that haven't been used contribute to multipliable end of ball bonus, and also boost scoring of the mini-wizard and final wizard modes.

sounds like lots of fun and I am really liking your style on rulesets.

do weapons carry over form ball to ball?
if you use a weapon on Ball 1 (i.e. advance bonus X), will the next weapon you gain be m240? or do you always restart at the first weapon after you use them?

last question on this >>> will this be a selectable option in menus? i.e. weapons carry over between balls (Y/N)? restart weapons gained order after weapon used (Y/N)? You would of course set default to be your intent.

#11093 7 years ago

I think the background sound, those deep space sounds, really nailed it! This will make it a deep space horror.
The playfield looks great. Love the screen and the video.
It looks like the left side of the bezel for the playfield glass is not that wide as with FT? Is this another version. If so this looks far better than that wide version. Hope this is the final version.

#11094 7 years ago

This game is going to be HUGE! It is a widebody, you know. Lots going on and as great as it looks and sounds and plays, I feel the lighted ramps will set this game on fire. Heighway Pinball to ramp up production and get these games shipping faster.

#11095 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

(You could just jam the launch button as your ball is draining and hope that 2 Xeno hits is enough to start Ambush Multiball or something.)

I've got my go-to technique, thanks!

#11096 7 years ago

In regards to music is all the of the music recorded for the game currently in the game? My only critique of the game (it looks really good) is that the game seems to possibly be missing a general upbeat ass kicking main audio track that I think would fit theme. I may not have heard the main track very well yet either. Does the main audio track change depending on which film mode is being played?

I can understand a main track for Alien based modes being a bit more subdued but the one for Aliens should be more of the ass kicking vibe variety, lol.

#11097 7 years ago

» YouTube video

I have watched this vid like 10 times now. So excited to get to play it again soon. I really like the left ramp now.

If someone shoots another video, please have them focus on showing what shots are back-handable.

#11098 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have watched this vid like 10 times now. So excited to get to play it again soon. I really like the left ramp now.
If someone shoots another video, please have them focus on showing what shots are back-handable.

I almost feel like i'm nitpicking, but the ball says its locked and then is released. maybe there was already balls in the lock.

Can we assume normal behavior will be the balls being retained in the lock. My main concern is that everything is working as it should be upon shipping. I know one of the features is a ball being released from the lock when "draining" out of the left and nudging properly.

#11099 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I almost feel like i'm nitpicking, but the ball says its locked and then is released. maybe there was already balls in the lock.
Can we assume normal behavior will be the balls being retained in the lock. My main concern is that everything is working as it should be upon shipping. I know one of the features is a ball being released from the lock when "draining" out of the left and nudging properly.

Interested in knowing as well if the ball lock can indeed lock 3 balls or if its a virtual type ball lock.

#11100 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

upbeat ass kicking main audio track

Was there an upbeat ass kicking audio track in the Aliens movie? I would be fine with dark and forboding audio cues to accentuate the tension and atmosphere but I agree something uptempo and quick perhaps as reward to a task completion. I'm betting Mr Thiel has that covered. I found it really interesting when he mentions "Balls moving around orbits and ramps have proper and dynamic audio location effects." That's the kind of nuance that will be appreciated in the home enviornment to be sure. And to have sub woofer frequncies all mastered and built in... beautiful.

Looking forward to the custom Mother callouts. That works so perfectly for this game's specific audio info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.