zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 601.
#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not comfortable giving any kind of update, that's really Andrew's role, but there's lots of work being done.

Containing my enthusiasm.....I keep watching Alien movies on occasion, and look at the spot where it's going to sit in my gameroom....when this thing shows, it's going to be deadly!!!! .....mark

1 week later
#1052 8 years ago

I want this in your game.

alien.jpgalien.jpg
#1053 8 years ago

lol that would be awesome if someone could get a toy to do that.

#1054 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

I want this in your game.

alien.jpg

This would indeed be a truly awesome toy!

#1055 8 years ago

I think it would be sweet to see an Alien tongue come out of a creature head, grab the ball with its tongue (via a magnet) bring it back into its mouth and lock it into place for a (3) ball multiball later. Im thinking something along the lines of the Thing hand from AF. Man I can't wait to see the playfield and specs on this baby!

#1056 8 years ago

Time to give you an update as to where we are with Alien Pinball development.

We have been quiet for a while, but we have been very busy with development.

Our progress over the last few months includes:

1. Playfield re-design, to incorporate what we learned from the first whitewood (new playfield about to be cut and built)
2. New toys - including interactive ones
3. Models - some built, others in development
4. Feature development, including rotating beacon testing
5. Rules development
6. LCD screen animations development
7. Artwork development
8. Sound development

So why aren't we showing you any of this? Our licensor wants us to keep a lid on publicity for the time being. We, of course, will abide by their request - even though we would love to show you our progress now. However, it won't be long, I'm sure, before we can show you a 'big reveal' soon.

We are still pushing hard to show working prototypes at the UK Pinball Party at our factory on 21st-23rd August.

#1057 8 years ago

Hi Andrew, thanks for the update!

Am curious to know what the re-design entails, any major changes or just tweaks here and there?

Also I'm signed up for an LE. Just to help me plan the remaining balance, please can you estimate when you'll be shipping final machines? I'm not going to hopld you to this date it's just to make sure the finances are in order at my end.

Cheers, Kris

#1058 8 years ago

Thanks for the update.

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi Andrew, thanks for the update!
Am curious to know what the re-design entails, any major changes or just tweaks here and there?
Also I'm signed up for an LE. Just to help me plan the remaining balance, please can you estimate when you'll be shipping final machines? I'm not going to hopld you to this date it's just to make sure the finances are in order at my end.
Cheers, Kris

Well, we weren't happy with the toys as they were. We wanted more toys and better toys.

In particular we have one major new toy, which interacts with the ball - and this requires more space.

So, the re-design takes into account lessons learned on shot geometry, and also incorporates spacing needed for all of the toys and mechanisms, as they are now.

Regarding timelines, we want working prototypes by the end of August and finished games by October. Production should therefore start September/October with the first games being shipped by the end of October

#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Production should therefore start September/October with the first games being shipped by the end of October

Whoa!

#1061 8 years ago

This would indeed be a truly awesome toy!

magnet in the "score" hole or position should facilitate a proper landing .. or not. just a thought

#1062 8 years ago

One ramp or section of should be a square tunnel to look like air conditioning ductwork, which in my opinion played a lot in the storyline of aliens. Newt hiding, vasquez dying with gorman, bishop making his way to the transceiver. ..

Any news re Australian distributor. Almost tempted to put my hand up have access to warehousing and transport companies/clearance agents, only thing is I have ZERO pinball repair/service skills....

#1063 8 years ago

Cheers for the timeline info Andrew! :0)

#1064 8 years ago

Thanks for the update and the provisional timeframe. Gonna end up getting Alien before MMR at this rate!

Can't wait for the licensor to release your shackles

#1065 8 years ago

Well, we weren't happy with the toys as they were. We wanted more toys and better toys.
In particular we have one major new toy, which interacts with the ball - and this requires more space.
So, the re-design takes into account lessons learned on shot geometry, and also incorporates spacing needed for all of the toys and mechanisms, as they are now.
Regarding timelines, we want working prototypes by the end of August and finished games by October. Production should therefore start September/October with the first games being shipped by the end of October

All good news!!! thank you Andrew.......

#1066 8 years ago

Thanks for the update.

I'm in favor of taking your time to build us one killer game!

This game has got me the most excited of any game out there!

#1067 8 years ago

So what's the advantage of pre-ordering? I was going to order but I'm still shell shocked over Predator.

#1068 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Almost tempted to put my hand up have access to warehousing and transport companies/clearance agents

Yeah, me too! I bring in stuff from Taiwan and China through proper forwarders. I have a mate that brings in multiple containers a year to Sydney and Brisbane. You do Vic and I'll do NSW/QLD. But I guess we'll end up buying them through the usual channel
Edit..and I have a van!

#1069 8 years ago

Gosh, that is good news. I think this game could really rock some sales.

#1070 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yeah, me too! I bring in stuff from Taiwan and China through proper forwarders. I have a mate that brings in multiple containers a year to Sydney and Brisbane. You do Vic and I'll do NSW/QLD. But I guess we'll end up buying them through the usual channel
Edit..and I have a van!

just write to Andrew, I wrote as I had time and passion but not the freight forwarder experience, and think one of the WA main guys offered as well - think Andrew is chasing someone with experience in all areas but it was going to be listed a while back.

#1071 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

So what's the advantage of pre-ordering? I was going to order but I'm still shell shocked over Predator.

Was able to get the # I wanted, and assured of getting an LE, which for this Title, is a must, for me. $1500.00 refundable deposit until my game is made ( from a real manufacturer) was a no brainer.....If I don't like it, I'll get rid of it ( highly unlikely).

Chances were slim to none of ever seeing/ playing one in my area...a risk I'm fully willing to take...btw...this company in no way/ shape/form resembles anything close to the other criminal, preorder fiascos.....easy for me to see this early on.

That's my reason, but think everyone should do what they are most comfortable with....mark

#1072 8 years ago

Please have a lot of drop targets. Pinballs of late seem to have forgotten how satisfying they are to hit!! I also line the ones that sit behind each other in a lane with a pay-off at the end of the lane.

Bring back the drop target!!

Oh yes, wire ramps also, not the plastic ones. Wire ramps are so much better to look at, and probably cheaper to make.

#1073 8 years ago

Stern games do have drop targets but only on premium/LE. Now, how annoying is that?

I love the fact that the le formula for all the other companies(Jersey Jack, Spooky, Dutch, Heighway) is cosmetics only, not game features.

I still like Stern games but not a fan of the way they handle the pro/le features

Sorry for going off topic on something that has probably been discussed to death already, but I am happy that Heighway pinball did not go down the Stern Route

#1074 8 years ago

This has probably been addressed elsewhere, but what board set is Heighway using?

#1075 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Stern games do have drop targets but only on premium/LE. Now, how annoying is that?
I love the fact that the le formula for all the other companies(Jersey Jack, Spooky, Dutch, Heighway) is cosmetics only, not game features.
I still like Stern games but not a fan of the way they handle the pro/le features
Sorry for going off topic on something that has probably been discussed to death already, but I am happy that Heighway pinball did not go down the Stern Route

The Walking Dead has drop targets on their Pro Model....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The Walking Dead has drop targets on their Pro Model....

So does Mutang, Star Trek and Metallica.

#1077 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This has probably been addressed elsewhere, but what board set is Heighway using?

In house system. No idea if it has a fancy pants name.

#1078 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The Pro's don't have all the features of the Premium/LE's??????

That's why there are different price points.

#1079 8 years ago

Spinners have become more important to me, should always be at least one in a game but I would prefer alot more. Aliens spinner with the gun sound effect sound great too me.

#1080 8 years ago

Yup. Love loops with spinners.

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Spinners have become more important to me, should always be at least one in a game but I would prefer alot more. Aliens spinner with the gun sound effect sound great too me.

Problem with spinners is they don't do the cool things they did "back in the day" for the most part. This isn't really new, there's been largely pointless spinners in a LOT of solid state games from System 11 on..

Star Trek and KISS have gone a *little* way to making a good spinner rip really be valuable, but it's not like it was in the EM days where a good rip could be 15%+ of your score, or go a long ways towards your max bonus, etc...

#1082 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Problem with spinners is they don't do the cool things they did "back in the day" for the most part

Excactly, time to bring them back, I enjoyed the spinner on my STLE very much but they do need more consideration, SFX and lighting go a long way to making the spinners special on a pin and yes more to do with scoring.

#1083 8 years ago

Yea, Stern has not coded well for spinners recently for sure. In family guy the spinner was huge, other than that I can't think of any where they were hugely coded for.

#1084 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, Stern has not coded well for spinners recently for sure. In Family Guy the spinner was huge, other than that I can't think of any where they were hugely coded for.

Well... I saw 1.5 million spinner hits on epic games I had with a friend on Tuesday on Star Trek, so the potential is there...that was WITHOUT double scoring from Warp 9/9.9 running btw. We were just rocking the crap out of that thing... we had three games all with warp 9.9 and Kobiyashi between the two of us... 340-400 million jesus christ... SMH.

Anyways..

KISS spinner increases from ARMY target bank completions and the pops increase from left inlane+right orbit to collect the increase value and make it active. Guess where the spinner is. Oh yeah...it's on the right orbit. So get those high enough, rip the spinner, go into the pop bumper nest for 50k/hit....it adds up fast on a game that we were seeing most people have 30 million points on.

#1085 8 years ago

Yes, I agree. Drop targets, wire ramps and SPINNERS!!!

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The Pro's don't have all the features of the Premium/LE's??????

That's why there are different price points.

#1087 8 years ago

I could care less about drop targets. I love Spinners & Wire ramps!!! I hope both are there.

#1088 8 years ago

Keep bashing your head. Reality will come to you eventually.

#1089 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Problem with spinners is they don't do the cool things they did "back in the day" for the most part.

Agreed. I think the best use of spinners in recent memory is on IM where you have to pound them to start Monger multiball.

#1090 8 years ago

Dont blame the spinners.

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Dont blame the spinners.

Blame the programmer!

#1092 8 years ago

Blame Canada! Blame Canada

#1093 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1094 8 years ago

Since this is their first game and they are in UK and are named Heighway, it's probably 'M1'.

#1096 8 years ago

and....I'm in on the LE.... couldn't help myself.

#1097 8 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

and....I'm in on the LE.... couldn't help myself.

Congrats....welcome!!!....

#1098 8 years ago

Sorry for the stupid question, and if previously addressed, but isn't the UK on a different electrical system than the US? Would we need a special outlet or something in our house to play this, or is there a US version?

#1099 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

Sorry for the stupid question, and if previously addressed, but isn't the UK on a different electrical system than the US? Would we need a special outlet or something in our house to play this, or is there a US version?

Most games since the dawn of time have a voltage selector, and I bet the newer games are auto-sensing. So, I would assume Heighway is the same.

#1100 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

As with all pinball games, small changes are needed for different voltages. We do this at the factory so all games that arrive in the U.S., or countries with different voltages, are already set up by the time they arrive

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.