pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 601.
#10801 7 years ago

Alien head picking the ball up faster.

#10802 7 years ago

You also see the alien mouth open and interact when the ball is near it, with the sound effects.
Looks cool.

#10803 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

» YouTube video

It may be a few months short of when others begin claiming this game is awesome on many levels. But once HP gets beyond the circuit board and a/v issues, this game will have a lot going for it. It has a main screen in playfield and extra rules screen on playfield, a huge LCD in back box, color changing ramps, great art direction and theme integration. Over the top sounds, great rules, unique toys and beautiful art work.

Can hardly wait any longer. I'd love to be surprised to learn HP had 120 games built and waiting on boards to arrive. That is second only to learning 120 board sets had been delivered and tested at HP.

#10804 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But I don't do preorders, and I see no reason to put money down on this pin until they are actually shipping.

i feel the sane way

#10805 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Rob's been around here for a while and knows the drill with this sort of thing. Hold every proposed title to a high degree of skepticism and then believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear. Anyone that has been around here long enough knows that. Lets face it, even Stern drops the ball these days. Once the title is shipping and you've had a chance to play one, only then is it safe (mostly) to put you cash down. For some crazy reason I put cash on this one without the benefit of playing it, and that is a first for me. I guess the theme and what I had seen up to that point was enough to take a risk, though I should certainly know better.

Don't get me wrong....I'm an early, early LE preorder. Don't regret it for a second. But that is simply my choice for this title. Got to play it at expo, and Impressed, even with the glitches. Guess the point being to each their own, but not too quick on jumping to conclusions, regarding reasoning to preorder ( may not have anything to do with desire to own the title)....

#10806 7 years ago

Can't wait to see an LE with the lit up ramps, love the spinners, the sound and main music is just something special, I need it in my house.

#10807 7 years ago

The game looks beautiful!

#10808 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

» YouTube video

3:15 shows that there will likely be some cool light shows.

#10809 7 years ago

Seems to have one of my pet peeves... virtually no satisfying sounds or sound effect when hitting the left ramp or right return.

#10810 7 years ago

4 flipper with a plethora of shots to be made and combos everywhere! What is not to like?

#10811 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Seems to have one of my pet peeves... virtually no satisfying sounds or sound effect when hitting the left ramp or right return.

The sound wasn't very good on this video, but I can assure you that the ramps and return lanes have distinctive sound effects... David Thiel is doing audio and he doesn't miss a beat.

#10812 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The sound wasn't very good on this video, but I can assure you that the ramps and return lanes have distinctive sound effects... David Thiel is doing audio and he doesn't miss a beat.

Yeah all the other sounds were great but I didn't want the ramps to get overlooked. Nothing like hitting a ramp and getting a good blast of sound for some feedback.

Your ferret pic looks like my daughter's... it's a sweet animal and nice pet.

#10813 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

it's a sweet animal and nice pet.

Your daughter?

#10814 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The ramp gates were not installed on this video - which explains why you heard no sound effects when balls were going up or down the ramps

#10815 7 years ago

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the gameplay video (not sure if this is the one we've been waiting for)

At around 3:40 in the video we see balls being "locked" (through shots on the playfield) and hypersleep multiball starts. Is this the actual final gameplay behavior?

#10816 7 years ago

A short video from EAG 2017 UK

#10817 7 years ago

Looking good. Keep up the good work. What is the Alien tongue made out of, metal or hard plastic? Really cool design and set up.

#10818 7 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

A short video from EAG 2017 UK

Nice.

Regarding sub-flipper-gate. I think Andrew mentioned they were changing that to black beneath the flippers but seems like it'd be relatively easy to take Aurich's art file and have an almost seamless decal go there...unless it's so dark that black will blend. Maybe Aurich can sell those post production

#10819 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nice.
Regarding sub-flipper-gate. I think Andrew mentioned they were changing that to black beneath the flippers but seems like it'd be relatively easy to take Aurich's art file and have an almost seamless decal go there...unless it's so dark that black will blend. Maybe Aurich can sell those post production

Three out of four flippers look like the art would be completely black under them. The top right looks like it'd just be dark blue under it. Black for all 4 sounds good. Any way they come though, it'd be a super easy cosmetic fix if one wasn't happy with 'em.

#10820 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nice.

If nothing else I'm happy to provide art files for anyone who wants to try printing their own at a bare minimum. I just don't think it's an issue people need to worry about.

#10822 7 years ago

All the vids I saw, the lcd in the head has a lot of unused black screen area. That is the way it will look??? Cause right now, it looks better without the tv in the head if that is final

#10823 7 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

All the vids I saw, the lcd in the head has a lot of unused black screen area. That is the way it will look??? Cause right now, it looks better without the tv in the head if that is final

Screen just wasn't showing full screen size.
A slight technical fix was needed that's all.
I believe it's been rectified now.

#10824 7 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

That is the way it will look???

No, software issue or boards or something temporary

#10825 7 years ago

I think being upset about those white flipper markers on the playfield is totally appropriate. This is an obvious oversight and flat out mistake that is trying to be glossed over. An undeleted layer and no one at a press check and boom you've got a bunch of misprinted playfields. Talk about QC. If games ship out like this its just shameful in my opinion. For everyone hoping to be immersed in this theme its really going to tear down that fourth wall every time you flip the flipper and flash back into reality. But to overlook the egregious error would only be par for the course in this thread. Imagine how a mistake like this could spoil the fun in some of your favorite games.

GB (resized).jpgGB (resized).jpg

TWD (resized).jpgTWD (resized).jpg

MMR (resized).jpgMMR (resized).jpg

OBI (resized).jpgOBI (resized).jpg

#10826 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think being upset about those white flipper markers on the playfield is totally appropriate.

It's already been said they'll be black instead of white, and I offered anyone who wants art for it to provide it if they don't like the black.

So no, being upset still seems stupid. You spent all this time photoshopping up things instead of reading I guess.

#10827 7 years ago

Andrew already stated the game will ship with black underneath the flippers.

#10828 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think being upset about those white flipper markers on the playfield is totally appropriate. This is an obvious oversight and flat out mistake that is trying to be glossed over. An undeleted layer and no one at a press check and boom you've got a bunch of misprinted playfields. Talk about QC. If games ship out like this its just shameful in my opinion. For everyone hoping to be immersed in this theme its really going to tear down that fourth wall every time you flip the flipper and flash back into reality. But to overlook the egregious error would only be par for the course in this thread. Imagine how a mistake like this could spoil the fun in some of your favorite games.

We have a modular system. The white area you see under the flippers is a nylon infill. This allows you to drop the entire flipper mechanism out of the playfield in seconds. Undo a few screws, unplug the mech and out it drops.

This is not an oversight or a QC issue. It is 'by design'.

In any case, as we have reported here previously - normal Alien Pinball production games will have 'black infills' instead of white ones

#10829 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's already been said they'll be black instead of white, and I offered anyone who wants art for it to provide it if they don't like the black.
So no, being upset still seems stupid. You spent all this time photoshopping up things instead of reading I guess.

I think he post was also pretty stupid but I upvoted him because he it made me laugh. Such effort.

#10830 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Jeez dude at least educate yourself before embarrassing yourself with misplaced outrage. It's not an "art layer".

And then you go to the trouble of making silly pictures to show how "shameful" it is. Too funny.

#10831 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Always great when someone makes an ass of themselves trying so hard to make someone else look like an ass.

#10832 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Always great when someone makes an ass of themselves trying so hard to make someone else look like an ass.

maybe the username is meant to be ironic?

#10833 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I will be interested in the art Aurich thanks for that offer to everyone! Curious though is there any reason games aren't using the art you have instead of standard black?

Even if they where an additional mod for a few quid I would still be interested, the more art the better, art looks killer combined with the populated playfield

#10834 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We have a modular system. The white area you see under the flippers is a nylon infill. This allows you to drop the entire flipper mechanism out of the playfield in seconds. Undo a few screws, unplug the mech and out it drops.
This is not an oversight or a QC issue. It is 'by design'.
In any case, as we have reported here previously - normal Alien Pinball production games will have 'black infills' instead of white ones

I actually meant to ask this quite a while back, and forgot about it, but does the flipper mechanism "auto-align", so to speak? What I mean is, on a normal flipper assembly you can loosen the flipper posts to change angles and such, does the mechanism work the same way here, or does it have built in "stops" to get them properly aligned? I have not seen the assemblies on a Full Throttle, so I don't really know how they work there either.

#10835 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

lol. I see those photos you took all the time to photoshop and think... Man, sure would be nice if I could swap in a rebuilt flipper on any of those games in 30seconds flat. Or heck, just pull out the whole mech and make and adjustment on the bench so easily. Makes me wonder why nobody has stolen this genuine innovation in design that heighway came up with. It is a bloody genious idea.

Then I remember, that some around here dont even know how to rebuild a flipper. Guessing that includes you, lol

#10836 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Then I remember, that some around here dont even know how to rebuild a flipper.

#10837 7 years ago

So I really don't care about the LE artwork. Is it going to make or break this pin? Nope. The reasons why it's not approved? I don't care as long as Andrew starts shipping Standards.

In fact, ship me the pin and if I never get the LE artwork I don't care.

The theme? It could be an absolute home run, especially for the sub $8k crowd.

Rob is right of course, with any new pin you should wait and play before you buy. But we are fickle impatient m fers.

I waited a LONG f ing time for Woz. At the end of the day, I was extremely happy the day it showed up and still love that pin.

The wait it almost over for Alien shipping.

And at least I won't have to wait at the dock for the promise of TBL being on the next boat!

#10838 7 years ago

Poor Ted. I'd bet Ted cuts the best cigar here, though

#10840 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

At around 3:40 in the video we see balls being "locked" (through shots on the playfield) and hypersleep multiball starts. Is this the actual final gameplay behavior?

No, the Hypersleep locks were not functioning correctly in that gameplay video. Hypersleep ball locks (3rd lock = start Hypersleep MB) are supposed to be collected on the upper/center ramp, after qualifying the lock via the drop targets. (You hear Mother announcing that the Hypersleep locks are qualified at 3:35, after the drop target bank is completed.) Not sure why other playfield shots were spotting locks. Perhaps it has something to do with the missing ramp gates that Andrew mentioned.

#10841 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I will be interested in the art Aurich thanks for that offer to everyone! Curious though is there any reason games aren't using the art you have instead of standard black?

Read Andrew's post above, but the flipper mechs on Heighway games are all one piece, there's a flipper-sized cutout in the playfield wood, and the whole thing just pushes through from the bottom. Easy to swap is the idea.

So the white part, or black as the case may be, is plastic, part of the whole mech, and not something that gets printed. Ever see the light up flippers on a game like Medusa? Similar idea.

I don't know how a decal will work on it, but I have seamless art for the holes (if I turn off the masking in Photoshop) so it would be trivial to provide art for decal printing if people want to try that.

--

I recently redid the art for the right and left return ramps, got to see photos this morning of how they came out. I think they look much better now, fits the vision Dave had when he designed them. Now there's art on a clear 'ceiling' that the ball rolls under, and the bottom 'floor' is printed to look like the grating inside the colony, complete with acid burned holes that are clear in the printing, so you can see down through them. The middle layer 'guide rails' have a yellow and black hazard print to match the interior colony look. I don't think I've seen a game that uses this kind of 3D layered print technique before, not sure if it's the first or not though.

Don't want to post pics since I haven't asked permission, but sure Andrew will show it at some point. Photos I saw were a little blurry and out of focus, might need to wait for a better camera.

#10842 7 years ago

I just wish there was a flipper button for each flipper. We're at the point where many players are skilled enough to take advantage of this type of setup.

#10843 7 years ago

Honestly I think staging is a higher skill ceiling. Higher control for sure. How many times have you tried to stage the right flippers, go to make your shot from the left, and end up blocking it because as soon as you pressed the left button you also pressed the right in the rest of the way?

The way staging works now requires more skill than having more buttons.

#10844 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So I really don't care about the LE artwork. Is it going to make or break this pin? Nope. The reasons why it's not approved? I don't care as long as Andrew starts shipping Standards.
In fact, ship me the pin and if I never get the LE artwork I don't care.

Just buy this Alien LE Ice and you will have it in two weeks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45175

#10845 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why would someone sell theirs when they could just get a refund at this point?

#10846 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45175

Flawless plan. What could possibly go wrong?

#10847 7 years ago

So pardon the ignorance on my part, but have *any* of these shipped? Looks like a very cool pin, and I see they are still taking deposits.

#10848 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

So pardon the ignorance on my part, but have *any* of these shipped? Looks like a very cool pin, and I see they are still taking deposits.

These have not shipped. Personally I would wait until they actually start shipping before putting money down.

#10849 7 years ago

The only way to drink with your new Alien pin

Bradford exchange.

AlienStein (resized).pngAlienStein (resized).png

#10850 7 years ago

Im already imagining the xenomorph head getting some paint upgrades from a local artist and cant wait for the HR Giger speaker panel mod!! Woooot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/217?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.