• 24,651 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24651 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 494.
#10751 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nobody is getting scammed by Heighway.

Who has said that anyone has been scammed by Heighway in this thread? Did I miss it? Or should I have assumed that this is just more hyperbole?

The sensitivity and overreaction to things said or asked in this thread are mind boggling at times.

And no, I was never "burned by pre-orders or ?something."

#10752 2 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

For others following the refund issue, I just wanted to update my post that I finally heard back from Andrew and he apologized for taking his eye off the ball with regards to the refunds, and promised he would be sorting it with myself and others affected over the next week. As he reiterated, they've been a little preoccupied with getting parts ordered, issues resolved, games built and attending trade shows, but I believe he now sees how the perception of a company taking care of its customers can be equally important. Thanks everyone for the support and hopefully this will be the last post needed on refund issues.

Have you been refunded?

#10753 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who has said that anyone has been scammed by Heighway in this thread? Did I miss it? Or should I have assumed that this is just more hyperbole?
The sensitivity and overreaction to things said or asked in this thread are mind boggling at times.
And no, I was never "burned by pre-orders or ?something."

It's not mind boggling actually. It's probably lost in translation going to the interweb, but your overall tone STRONGLY suggests that people be worried/afraid/cautious/terror level orange at least. I'm probably way off and you can post another head in the sand pic...which, logically would come across as there is "something" to have my head in the sand about (which there is not). See what I mean?

It's not a big deal either way...I think you don't intend the tone that comes across.

#10754 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's not mind boggling actually. It's probably lost in translation going to the interweb, but your overall tone STRONGLY suggests that people be worried/afraid/cautious/terror level orange at least. I'm probably way off and you can post another head in the sand pic...which, logically would come across as there is "something" to have my head in the sand about (which there is not). See what I mean?
It's not a big deal either way...I think you don't intend the tone that comes across.

I probably should have given my explanation for the head in the sand picture since you obviously missed the point.

The reason for me posting that picture was that you said:

Quoted from Wickerman2:

If there is a 3rd refund that is delayed and eventually issued it may be the tipping point for the entire company.

...despite the fact that I had quoted all the people who had publicly posted in this thread about having difficulty getting their refunds, and the number was more than twice as many as you state.

I also assume this is the reason that your post got 10 thumbs down, as others realized that you were downplaying the number of people who had difficulty getting a refund.

So I was saying that you had your head in the sand with regard to how many people actually had difficulty getting a refund.

Edit: in order to keep this from continuing, PM sent.

#10755 2 years ago

I'm not re-litigating refund-gate, the back and forth drama is a waste of energy.

You sound exceedingly pained by the entire Alien thread thesedays. I'm suggesting a possible clue as why "some" people think you are anti-heighway...your tone likely unintentionally fosters that view.

Anywho...What else can possibly be answered at this point in terms of the actual game? Cut the back and forth drama and make a punch list of what has you concerned and let's get those posts sounding happy! I'm sure Heighway wants happy customers

#10756 2 years ago

I keep watching the gameplay vids and don't mind the white under the flippers...I thought they'd be obstructive but just seem like a reminder to let go of the flipper button.haha!

#10757 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I keep watching the gameplay vids and don't mind the white under the flippers...I thought they'd be obstructive but just seem like a reminder to let go of the flipper button.haha!

They will be black on Alien. So you will have a challenge again

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The nylon flipper infills will be black on Alien

#10758 2 years ago

With all the new posts I thought the gameplay video had dropped

#10759 2 years ago

Andrew please give us a gameplay video this week so there's something to discuss besides all the horseshit going on here, Thank you sir.

#10760 2 years ago

Is game play video awaiting approval?

#10761 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

....Whatever, it's not about me, it's about the game...

That has been the best aspect of you not posting. Keep it up.

#10762 2 years ago

What was the other color trim option that was announced for the game? I still feel like I need to see the LE art to decide which trim package would look the best but they already made me make my decision and not sure if it is going to be a pain to change later once the art is shown?!

#10763 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What was the other color trim option that was announced for the game? I still feel like I need to see the LE art to decide which trim package would look the best but they already made me make my decision and not sure if it is going to be a pain to change later once the art is shown?!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/214#post-3581395 ?

#10764 2 years ago

cant find it but whats the pricing in pounds?

#10765 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

This is the reason I want to see the LE artwork before I make a decision.
There was talk that it might be Aliens colours and if that's the case the blue trim might look better.
So I'm not going any further until I know.

#10766 2 years ago

Only two more weeks!

#10767 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

This is the reason I want to see the LE artwork before I make a decision.
There was talk that it might be Aliens colours and if that's the case the blue trim might look better.
So I'm not going any further until I know.

Why not reserve an Alien LE now, and if you don't like the look, switch colors or downgrade to a standard?

#10768 2 years ago

Heck with waiting for an LE artwork reveal, I just want to see an official gameplay video before making a decision. That and actually seeing people receive the games and review them.

#10769 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why not reserve an Alien LE now, and if you don't like the look, switch colors or downgrade to a standard?

Quoted from jonesjb:

I have

#10770 2 years ago

Is there a price advantage to ordering the standard game before they are readily available?

Are prices going to change from those posted on the website?

I think the black looks the best.

#10771 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is there a price advantage to ordering the standard game before they are readily available?

shouldn't be unless there is an out of the blue increase coming which seems unlikely. There has been no talk of a price increase. Safe to wait I'd say.

#10772 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Trim is green or blue, you get to pick. I haven't seen color swatches, so I don't know the exact shades. I'm designing the LE art to work with both, the same way I did the Star Trek package to work with either red or blue depending on Premium or Pro.

Again, haven't seen the powder coat colors, but based on the art and what I think it will all look like I'd take the blue, personally.

I'm hopeful we'll get through the approvals on it relatively quickly, meaning weeks not months.

#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Some people come across in this thread as if they are lurking, waiting to pounce at the slightest imperfection in the process...that's the issue "some" people may have.
Nobody is getting scammed by Heighway. Nobody is forcing you to put money down on a game either. Constructive comments are great but the same old clan of people that maybe have been burned by pre-orders or ?something keep popping up to create drama.
The game's late but does exist obviously. They were a bit disorganized with a few refunds but that's getting sorted out. They have commented on the art, they listened to the airlock hubbub, they have changed as many tiny things on the game as can be reasonably changed. The head of the company actually visits the forum and talks to you...and still people bitch.
We are still talking about buying a big toy essentially right? That's supposed to be fun. I think the company has been verified enough to relax slightly. It's really not that serious, all things considered planetarily speaking these days.

Exactly, I hadnt realized that RobT was in, then out of Alien. So it seems in his mind, if he has made the decision to get out he is going to bring up inane and redundant questions in an effort to get others to bail as well. So yea, mean spirited comes to mind rather than spiteful. I personally no longer think RobT is asking questions for the betterment of the pin community, now hes just sour grapes for whatever reason.

Didnt I ask a while back why RobT hated Heighway and bagged on them all the time. Well, still wondering and RobT is still bagging on em.

#10774 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, still wondering and RobT is still bagging on em.

Why don't you PM and ask?

#10775 2 years ago

Why don't you just let him answer? This is a forum where public matters are discussed. PM's are private messages for private informaction such as if someone received their deposit back. (That's something you ask in private.) Same thing if Andrew is asked a question on here...let HIM have a chance to answer 1st just once guys!?

#10776 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hopeful we'll get through the approvals on it relatively quickly, meaning weeks not months.

Getting back to actual pinball news instead of Days of Our Pinball Lives....this would indicate that LE's are going to be ready last and standards and kits could ship sooner, no? Unless the Chinese New Year board production is a hold up anyway for all models.

#10777 2 years ago

Pretty sure that's how Full Throttle production went. Standards produced months before the LEs. Not sure if it had to do with getting the fiber optic lighting dialed in. But when shipping does start, I wouldn't be surprised if it took a bit longer for the LEs to get out. They know what need to be done better than any of us.

#10778 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Getting back to actual pinball news instead of Days of Our Pinball Lives....this would indicate that LE's are going to be ready last and standards and kits could ship sooner, no? Unless the Chinese New Year board production is a hold up anyway for all models.

I think the first games made are going to be Standards, based on the photos Andrew has posted and what's been talked about. I don't know the exact plan, but I haven't seen the fiber optic lighting yet, so HoakyPoaky might be right.

#10779 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Exactly, I hadnt realized that RobT was in, then out of Alien. So it seems in his mind, if he has made the decision to get out he is going to bring up inane and redundant questions in an effort to get others to bail as well. So yea, mean spirited comes to mind rather than spiteful. I personally no longer think RobT is asking questions for the betterment of the pin community, now hes just sour grapes for whatever reason.
Didnt I ask a while back why RobT hated Heighway and bagged on them all the time. Well, still wondering and RobT is still bagging on em.

Get your facts straight.

I *never* had a penny down on Alien. I consider Alien to be one of my most desired themes for a pin ever. Few people were more excited when it was announced than me. But I don't do preorders, and I see no reason to put money down on this pin until they are actually shipping.

Sour grapes? Where the F do some of you guys come up with this stuff?

#10780 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Get your facts straight.
I *never* had a penny down on Alien. I consider Alien to be one of my most desired themes for a pin ever. Few people were more excited when it was announced than me. But I don't do preorders, and I see no reason to put money down on this pin until they are actually shipping.
Sour grapes? Where the F do some of you guys come up with this stuff?

Imagine what would happen if the posts on so many Stern threads came here. If stern threads are a 1 for inflammatory posts this thread is a 0.001. BM66 is crazy. This is a free ride here.

#10781 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Imagine what would happen if the posts on so many Stern threads came here. If stern threads are a 1 for inflammatory posts this thread is a 0.001. BM66 is crazy. This is a free ride here.

there is a reaosn for that... Stern has been putting out poor QC game after poor QC game as of late. They have major issues and on top of it some pretty big code issues. Those are real concrete things and easy to be mad about. Spending 8-12-15k on a BM66 and some of the shit is crazy.

Here the only thing concrete is missed deadlines. People for the most part seem to have down a small deposit and are frustrated for waiting.

apples and oranges.

I am sure once games start shipping then there will be more concrete feedback. I personally am hoping the level of QC and construction matches FullT or has even improved since.

#10782 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there is a reaosn for that... Stern has been putting out poor QC game after poor QC game as of late. They have major issues and on top of it some pretty big code issues. Those are real concrete things and easy to be mad about. Spending 8-12-15k on a BM66 and some of the shit is crazy.
Here the only thing concrete is missed deadlines. People for the most part seem to have down a small deposit and are frustrated for waiting.
apples and oranges.
I am sure once games start shipping then there will be more concrete feedback. I personally am hoping the level of QC and construction matches FullT or has even improved since.

Yup. Thank goodness Highway is using Mirco (like JJP) as their playfield manufacturer. Stern has a mess on their hands with playfield issues and to make matters worse is communicating poorly about it.

The Mirco playfield on my Hobbit has held up great. I have at least a few hundred games on it, no Cliffy protectors (yet) and the shooter lane still looks perfect. Heck, I saw a distributors Hobbit a couple months ago that gets a ton of plays at shows and the wear in the shooter lane was very minimal. Stern playfield shooter lanes are chipping after 100-200 plays...

I'm also doing a STTNG playfield swap with a Mirco reproduction playfield. The playfield is extremely nice. Alien owners will be in good hands with a Mirco playfield.

#10783 2 years ago

When you have years to work on a particular title one would think the code would be ready and the quality would be outstanding, with maybe some minor issues.

#10784 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you have years to work on a particular title one would think the code would be ready and the quality would be outstanding, with maybe some minor issues.

that is my expectation. Honestly FullT quality is leaps and bounds better than anything else. From what I see of Aliens code thus far it appears to be a super solid foundation for the start/when games ship (i am sure there will be suggestions/polish once players get on it)

#10785 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is my expectation. Honestly FullT quality is leaps and bounds better than anything else. From what I see of Aliens code thus far it appears to be a super solid foundation for the start/when games ship (i am sure there will be suggestions/polish once players get on it)

That's good to hear.

This won't be a TBL disaster. Even though Andrew has been terrible on deadlines the communication is good.

#10786 2 years ago

Ice, are you going to TPF? ...I'm very excited to get a chance to play Alien there.

#10787 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Ice, are you going to TPF? ...I'm very excited to get a chance to play Alien there.

Planning on it. Depends on daughter volleyball as usual

Let's meet up for drinks and Alien!

#10788 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Trim is green or blue, you get to pick. I haven't seen color swatches, so I don't know the exact shades. I'm designing the LE art to work with both, the same way I did the Star Trek package to work with either red or blue depending on Premium or Pro.
Again, haven't seen the powder coat colors, but based on the art and what I think it will all look like I'd take the blue, personally.

Got me thinking about the blue, as green was going to be my choice, if the shade was right....

#10790 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ummm..not exactly....RobT was (and is) stoked on the game (even changed his avatar for a bit) but expressed from the beginning he never preorders anything. We have spoken at length about this title, and would think his last intent would be to bash a game that he potentially will own, AFTER he plays it....

#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nice gameplay vid..

Nothing there?

#10792 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nice gameplay vid...

Sorry, this content isn't available right now

#10793 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ummm..not exactly....RobT was (and is) stoked on the game (even changed his avatar for a bit) but expressed from the beginning he never preorders anything. We have spoken at length about this title, and would think his last intent would be to bash a game that he potentially will own, AFTER he plays it....

Rob's been around here for a while and knows the drill with this sort of thing. Hold every proposed title to a high degree of skepticism and then believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear. Anyone that has been around here long enough knows that. Lets face it, even Stern drops the ball these days. Once the title is shipping and you've had a chance to play one, only then is it safe (mostly) to put you cash down. For some crazy reason I put cash on this one without the benefit of playing it, and that is a first for me. I guess the theme and what I had seen up to that point was enough to take a risk, though I should certainly know better.

#10794 2 years ago

Hmm...maybe you have to be a friend of Helmut ....lets try again...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1211725988940512&id=100003093664451

Did that work for anyone?

#10795 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Hmm...maybe you have to be a friend of Helmut ....lets try again...

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

#10796 2 years ago

Looks like you have to be a friend of Helmut. Sorry about the tease.

Edit, managed to download it, will post shortly once uploaded to youtube.

#10798 2 years ago

Filmed in stunning 240p! What year is it?

#10799 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Filmed in stunning 240p! What year is it?

360p for me. Maybe it just needs more time.
After the right orbit was bricked a couple times it was oh so satisfying when it was nailed. Looking good. Surprised me when the Heighway Logo lit up on the apron, ha.

#10800 2 years ago

I always wondered what my belly button sees when I play a pin, now I know

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
There are 24651 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside