• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 494.
#10701 2 years ago

Seriously doubt that there is special artwork on the LE's, it would have been approved by Fox a long time ago and revealed last year......what a train wreck of a thread.

#10702 2 years ago

Iceman, keep us posted re your refund.

#10703 2 years ago

Can I add a shaker from Cointaker in a standard Alien? I have one new laying around.

#10704 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Iceman, keep us posted re your refund.

Definitely. If there is a 3rd refund that is delayed and eventually issued it may be the tipping point for the entire company.

EDIT: If you guys are so gun-shy about refunds, why in the hell do you put money down? You aren't being forced to.

#10705 2 years ago

Can they still be pre ordered or is it just a wait list from the website?

#10706 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If there is a 3rd refund that is delayed and eventually issued it may be the tipping point for the entire company.

Doesn't have to mean that for sure, but just making sure they realize how important a timely refund is to everyone.

#10707 2 years ago

The LE art is hopefully close to approval, but until it is I can't say more, because it would be foolish to promise something out of my control, if Fox wanted X Y or Z.

#10708 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The LE art is hopefully close to approval, but until it is I can't say more, because it would be foolish to promise something out of my control, if Fox wanted X Y or Z.

Thats great!
Since Heighway has that cool Plexiglass Art Printer, once approved they should be able to get the LE Art Printed in house and get the LE's shipped quickly

#10709 2 years ago

Cool Machine!!

IMG_0731 (resized).PNG

IMG_0732 (resized).PNG

#10710 2 years ago

Yes it's "instant" once approval is in.

Like so many things it's ended up taking longer than was planned. For a variety of reasons.

Alien has been a learning experience for sure. I think there are also unique challenges with remote teams and physical projects.

But the team is good, the challenges keep being overcome, just has required patience.

#10711 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Definitely. If there is a 3rd refund that is delayed and eventually issued it may be the tipping point for the entire company.

#10712 2 years ago

We have been asked how the rotating beacons on Alien Pinball look in a dark room. This short video, taken at Pinball Expo in Chicago in October 2016, show them in action.

These beacons are standard on our Limited Edition model, and an optional extra on our Standard Edition model.

#10713 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We have been asked how the rotating beacons on Alien Pinball look in a dark room. This short video, taken at Pinball Expo in Chicago in October 2016, show them in action.
These beacons are standard on our Limited Edition model, and an optional extra on our Standard Edition model.
» YouTube video

Looks great!

But out of the loop with the 'LE' artwork... Is the playfield changing or just the translite and side art?

#10714 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks great!
But out of the loop with the 'LE' artwork... Is the playfield changing or just the translite and side art?

Just the translite and the sideart

#10715 2 years ago

» YouTube video

Look great Andrew!

Any ETA on LE artwork? I know some are getting restless, is there any issue with LE art or just licensor taking their time? Hopefully ease the minds of those concerned.

#10716 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Look great Andrew!

Any ETA on LE artwork? I know some are getting restless, is there any issue with LE art or just licensor taking their time? Hopefully ease the minds of those concerned.

We expect to be able to show LE art within 2 weeks. If this date shifts, then I will report it here. Needless to say, we must have full approval before we can ship LE games - so we are going through due process, as a priority.

I hope that doesn't sound too vague.

It just so happens that the LE art is the last piece of this puzzle.

#10717 2 years ago

We expect to be able to show LE art within 2 weeks. If this date shifts, then I will report it here. Needless to say, we must have full approval before we can ship LE games - so we are going through due process, as a priority.
I hope that doesn't sound too vague.
It just so happens that the LE art is the last piece of this puzzle.

Great, thanks for the response Andrew, I wanted to ask more so for those who seem to be getting concerned, so its great to hear the LE art is with FOX and its them holding things up. Personally I cant wait to see the gameplay video followed by me having an Alien in my home!

#10718 2 years ago

Beacons look great. Is the backbox wider than a Williams widebody backbox? Those barley fit through my doors as it.

#10719 2 years ago

Andrew,

Has Ice requested his refund and is it being processed/completed. As you know, it is very important for people to have transparency and confidence around this.

Quoted from iceman44:

I don't even want to be involved with a project that is politically polarizing. Nor do i want to support it. And Alien looks to be an awesome pinball machine.

It's been a long F in haul, no doubt about it and I wish the crew well but I'd like to be taken out.

And I haven't had good luck with email or pm communication so tell me what needs to be done.

#10720 2 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Beacons look great. Is the backbox wider than a Williams widebody backbox? Those barley fit through my doors as it.

The backbox is 28.94" wide.

However, you will have no problem fitting it through your door anyway, as the backbox can be removed or replaced in less than a minute

#10721 2 years ago

Looks great.. Hope all is well Andrew, thanks for all your hard work .I know u have super busy as well as all of us pinheads I think all of us are excited about this game that u have created God bless !!!! . Can't wait to see ya again in Denver!!!!

#10722 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Andrew,
Has Ice requested his refund and is it being processed/completed. As you know, it is very important for people to have transparency and confidence around this.

Hi Hilton,

Due to customer confidentiality, I can't comment on this - sorry.

If you want to know if Ice has requested a refund or not, then you must ask him directly.

Thanks,

Andrew

#10723 2 years ago

Hi Hilton,
Due to customer confidentiality, I can't comment on this - sorry.
If you want to know if Ice has requested a refund or not, then you must ask him directly.
Thanks,
Andrew

thanks and completely understand!

Iceman >> please confirm if you did in fact request a refund and it has be processed. This is important for the community to know.

#10724 2 years ago

Please give RobT a free Alien...that "may" convince him you are a real company and thus, end his vendetta.

#10725 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks and completely understand!
Iceman >> please confirm if you did in fact request a refund and it has be processed. This is important for the community to know.

I had a good conversation with Andrew today and ended up NOT requesting a refund. He contacted me first to see if I wanted to follow through with the refund, provided me with a good update along with info i was seeking and i decided to stick it out a little longer.

He did offer it and said he would process it immediately but my fickle nature took over and stayed in! I really want these guys to succeed on what could be a great pin.

#10726 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I had a good conversation with Andrew today and ended up NOT requesting a refund. He contacted me first to see if I wanted to follow through with the refund, provided me with a good update along with info i was seeking and i decided to stick it out a little longer.
He did offer it and said he would process it immediately but my fickle nature took over and stayed in! I really want these guys to succeed on what could be a great pin.

thanks for the confirmation ice

#10727 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks for the confirmation ice

I think it's great to see Andrew finally addressing the refund elephant in the room, it's one of the reasons I want to support Heighway, whenever there is a criticism or the ball is maybe dropped for a second, Andrew & Heighway as a team always seem to ensure it's addressed and don't allow it to escalate beyond what is reality.

Communication is a beautiful thing

#10728 2 years ago

So, much ado about nothing then....that was 3 pages well spent!

#10729 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Glad to hear your sticking with it iceman44 you would have definitely ended up regretting loosing your LE position.

We all know you are stupid but not that stupid love you really

#10730 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

but my fickle nature took over and stayed in!

Fear not newer pinside members; I speak fluent iceman.

"Fickle nature" = Drunk iceman

You're welcome.

#10731 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You only just figured that out?

rd

#10732 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Doesn't have to mean that for sure, but just making sure they realize how important a timely refund is to everyone.

just wondering if you have a deposit down on a standard or a LE ?

#10733 2 years ago

And how about Rob?

#10734 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So, much ado about nothing then....that was 3 pages well spent!
» YouTube video

No shit, I don't usually skip ahead in threads, but this took off on me. I was looking and looking for Aurich's political post. Never found it. Yes one with three down votes, but nothing political. I almost down voted for fun to make if four.

I can't wait to some day get one of these Alien Pins. They look so great.

#10735 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You're welcome.

I was drunk last night. Not today

Yes my fickle nature has gotten me in trouble before. And stupidity as well

Wasn't trying to create drama. Can't believe I'm watching the Patriots about to tie this up. Wtf!!!

#10736 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was drunk last night. Not today
Yes my fickle nature has gotten me in trouble before
Wasn't trying to create drama. Can't believe I'm watching the Patriots about to tie this up. Wtf!!!

It happened.

#10737 2 years ago

Andrew, was there a reason why it took so long for this answer? Myself and others have been asking about this for months, was there more that was initially planned for the LE that ended up getting shelved?

#10738 2 years ago

I'm one of the very early preorder guys and my understanding was from the beginning on that LE art only differs when it comes to translite and sideart. The other differences between Standard and LE are pretty massive imho (beacons, shaker, armor color, lighted ramps, goodies).

#10739 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Quoted from spfxted:

just wondering if you have a deposit down on a standard or a LE ?

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

And how about Rob?

Let me make sure I understand your point.

So apparently only someone that has money down on the machine can have an opinion or ask questions? If they both do not, does that make their opinions or questions invalid?

#10740 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew, was there a reason why it took so long for this answer? Myself and others have been asking about this for months, was there more that was initially planned for the LE that ended up getting shelved?

This was confirmed long, long ago. Andrew is likely busy preparing for launch, and not focusing on re-answering questions already answered.

#10741 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

There is nothing sinister involved - it's simply due process.

There have been a lot of tasks to fulfill with this game.

We have promised updates as and when we get them.

Also, I sometimes take long breaks away from Pinside. I will try and stay around here more often, to answer questions when they arise.

#10742 2 years ago

I sometimes take long breaks away from Pinside

Very understandable

#10743 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You're welcome.

And wouldn't have it any other way.....he's a great pinsider, and maybe all of us should drink a little more (doing my part) to just relax once in awhile....suspect he was more pissed about the back and forth on here as opposed to alcohol induced this time, however.... ..Alien (including LE) WILL be built, will be released for production and in homes, and will be an outstanding grail theme (for me). Exactly when? Quite sure we are close....only the shadow knows

Jpop and Kevin don't belong in the same area code as Heighway (they should be in jail by now , IMHO). This is Heighway's 3rd machine build, and obviously their most important, with lots of new , unexpected hurdles that had to be jumped. No way he gets this wrong..a delay people can get over.....a crappy machine?...another story.

The f**king drama on here kills me worse than leaving my $1500.00 out for an extended period.

I'm glad Andrew posts when he can...can't think of any other manufacturer that interacts this much with a public forum...almost Alien Time!!!

#10744 2 years ago

There is nothing sinister involved - it's simply due process.
There have been a lot of tasks to fulfill with this game.
We have promised updates as and when we get them.
Also, I sometimes take long breaks away from Pinside. I will try and stay around here more often, to answer questions when they arise.

Didn't mean to imply any sinister motive, was just curious. Thanks for the quick answer!

#10745 2 years ago

I bailed on my LE in December for various reasons (no Ripley, I own a STTNG, etc.). Getting my refund was a right chore but Andrew and Morgan eventually came through. I still might get back in at some point but only after games are being shipped and I get chance to flip it to see how it feels.

#10746 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I bailed on my LE in December for various reasons (no Ripley, I own a STTNG, etc.). Getting my refund was a right chore but Andrew and Morgan eventually came through. I still might get back in at some point but only after games are being shipped and I get chance to flip it to see how it feels.

Same here.

Seems that some people in this thread (mostly Whysnow) get a little upset with me for asking certain questions, and others have wondered why I "hate Heighway", but I just don't understand this mindset. Just because I don't have money down on Alien as I don't personally believe in pre-orders, doesn't mean that I suddenly started "hating Heighway" or stopped being interested in the pin (even though there are some things that I am disappointed in).

The chances of me owning an Alien pin once they are shipping is higher than the odds were of me owning Hobbit prior to that pin shipping, although I was always interested in that one too.

#10747 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems that some people in this thread (mostly Whysnow) get a little upset with me for asking certain questions

I dont get upset with you asking reasonable and good questions.

I do get tired when people ask stupid questions and demand answers for everything or attempt to make things more difficult than needed for what is proven as a legit company that has already successfully delivered 2 commercial products (1 being a pinball machine of critical acclaim of build quality and fun factor even if the theme did not do well for collectors). I can understand your skepticism but think at times it crosses the line from healthy to spiteful. In all reality there is probably a happy medium from someone like me that tends to give too much rope and someone like you that tosses on gasoline and stands their with a lit match.

#10748 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can understand your skepticism but think at times it crosses the line from healthy to spiteful.

It's like you just don't believe what I wrote. I have absolutely zero reason to be "spiteful" and frankly I think it's ridiculous for you to say that I am. What possible reason would I have to be "spiteful" towards Heighway in general, or Alien in particular?

Put your big boy pants on and stop being so damn sensitive, and maybe be a little bit less of a fanboy.

#10749 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Put your big boy pants on and stop being so damn sensitive, and a little bit less of a fanboy.

Spiteful.

#10750 2 years ago

Some people come across in this thread as if they are lurking, waiting to pounce at the slightest imperfection in the process...that's the issue "some" people may have.

Nobody is getting scammed by Heighway. Nobody is forcing you to put money down on a game either. Constructive comments are great but the same old clan of people that maybe have been burned by pre-orders or ?something keep popping up to create drama.

The game's late but does exist obviously. They were a bit disorganized with a few refunds but that's getting sorted out. They have commented on the art, they listened to the airlock hubbub, they have changed as many tiny things on the game as can be reasonably changed. The head of the company actually visits the forum and talks to you...and still people bitch.

We are still talking about buying a big toy essentially right? That's supposed to be fun. I think the company has been verified enough to relax slightly. It's really not that serious, all things considered planetarily speaking these days.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside