• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 494.
#10651 2 years ago

I'm not trolling with this question, as an LE buyer, where is the artwork? I'm assuming at this stage there isn't any since Aurich came in here and didn't even comment on the one thing he should know something about

If games are shipping next week wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that the LE artwork is done? Or just isn't any? Why is it a secret at this point anyhow?

Assembly line looks good!

#10652 2 years ago

Stds are getting ready not the LEs yet, looking good, figured there would be more sitting at 90% waiting on a part or two.

My guess is the LE art is either not approved or they are waiting and keeping it a surprise

#10653 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Stds are getting ready not the LEs yet, looking good, figured there would be more sitting at 90% waiting on a part or two.
My guess is the LE art is either not approved or they are waiting and keeping it a surprise

I'm betting it's not approved, but why not just say that?

#10654 2 years ago

The game looks really good. Especially all lit up. And the factory tour was very nice. But why didn't we get the gameplay video that was promised a week ago? I would love to see how it plays.

#10655 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not trolling with this question, as an LE buyer, where is the artwork? I'm assuming at this stage there isn't any since Aurich came in here and didn't even comment on the one thing he should know something about
If games are shipping next week wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that the LE artwork is done? Or just isn't any? Why is it a secret at this point anyhow?
Assembly line looks good!

I'm betting the art is in the approval process.

#10656 2 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Why not send them a quick e-mail and check if that is possible. You never know until you try

Agreed. It's worth a shot

#10657 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might have missed it in some of the videos but when the Xeno is not setup or ready to attack/eat the ball, will the magnet in front of the Xeno pulse and whip the ball back at the player/flippers?

Yes. Well, it pulses. Sometimes it flings toward the flippers, sometimes it goes sideways into the egg bumpers or into a post, sometimes it has no apparent effect. Typical magnet randomness.

#10658 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes. Well, it pulses. Sometimes it flings toward the flippers, sometimes it goes sideways into the egg bumpers or into a post, sometimes it has no apparent effect. Typical magnet randomness.

Yeah that's all I wanted to hear, I guess I am easily pleased but spinners and magnets that "fight back" as well as hold a pinball are two simple but amazing features I never get bored of, can never have too many spinners or crazy magnet tricks

#10659 2 years ago

and on the other hand you've got over 40,000 upvotes...

#10660 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

get a refund now than to wait for the panic at the exit as with Kevin and Jpop

complete nonsense to even imply a comparison.

Pre-order, don't pre-order, take care of your finances as you like, but making comparisons with complete failures and/or outright scams is just ridiculous.

#10661 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

complete nonsense to even imply a comparison.
Pre-order, don't pre-order, take care of your finances as you like, but making comparisons with complete failures and/or outright scams is just ridiculous.

have not read this entire thread but this pin was due over a year ago iirc and one person said he can't get his refund. That's not the way it's supposed to work, if the pin is not shipping on time, the refund can not be withheld. You can't have it both ways by saying it'll be delivered in 2015 (or whenever) and when it don't ship refuse to give a refund.

This is copied directly from Heighway's Alien homepage

Available now for pre-order, and scheduled for production in April 2015, this special ‘Limited Edition’ game will feature:

that's approaching 2 years delay and if someone want's out, than give them the refund.

#10662 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

have not read this entire thread...

Well, there's your problem.

This was copied directly from this thread from Andrew a week ago...

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We apologise for any delays in refunds. There are a couple oustanding and they will be all sorted this coming week

#10663 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

have not read this entire thread

Oooooooo...K

This is their 2nd title, there's an actual factory making Alien's.....you are now conflating refunds/other pinball company scams failures and so on. Read the thread. You are way off. Yes, a few refunds were delayed due to them being a bit disorganized...it's been addressed.

I own a Heighway game and I'm confident this isn't a massively complex grift

#10664 2 years ago

i think it's fair to say Aurich has done his part and isn't responsible to speak on behalf of HW. He was contracted to do a few things for them and they are done. If anything, for the past year or so we have and should give thanks for his voice of reason, perspective, and sharing info he was allowed to share. Times he spoke were good for HW, especially for keeping this thread calm and on topic. Now we see delays, no one speaking on behalf of HW providing an explanation. It sucks but it's not Aurich's problem to solve nor to come on this thread to post something to calm our nerves. He's not HW staff nor a partner...and his work for them was done long ago. Need to stop associating or attacking Aurich, it's not his problem to feed us a bone when we're hungry for info.

I'm an owner of an LE and disappointed too...but I hate the thought that I have to come on Pinside to read through all of the BS to know what's going on with my game. If anything I should be receiving updates sent to my email. If HW wants to post on Pinside, then by all means do so for promotional business means. Something for HW to think about for the next game as this thread deserves a real build and delivery timeline update.

#10665 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

He's not HW staff nor a partner...and his work for them was done long ago..

There may be some confusion on this... as Aurich was supposedly on to do an LE art package. I think that's what people are asking about. So far that hasn't been publicly revealed.

#10667 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

There may be some confusion on this... as Aurich was supposedly on to do an LE art package. I think that's what people are asking about. So far that hasn't been publicly revealed.

I think the confusion is not what he was asked to help with and paid for but what his duties are to HW today. He's not their PR spokesperson...not is he hired or paid to so while he has his own day-2-day job here in the U.S. He's had the opportunity to have a say piecing the game together pro/LE...but he's not the owner or the speaker of the house. Again, I understand the frustration everyone is feeling...I'm one of them as well. We're all trying to find someone to blame for the lack of updates and missed timelines but that aggression for a response needs to be directly pointed to Andrew. He has the answers whether he wants to deliver them himself or hire a rep to do it for him.

#10668 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

This is their 2nd title, there's an actual factory making Alien's.....you are now conflating refunds/other pinball company scams failures and so on. Read the thread. You are way off.

I agree 100%. I can completely understand the hesitation and concern of anyone thinking of putting down a deposit given the delays and missed deadlines. I would say if you have concern then simply wait it out. There is no danger of missing out if you wait.

However, you would think most can see how very different this is from Jpop/SkitB. For cripes sake, the company has successfully produced 1 great game already, pushed forward the pinball industry with some innovative things, and has shown a huge factory being built up. To put them in the same category as the aforementioned just makes people look silly/spiteful and incapable of anything remotely positive in their life.

I agree that they need to deliver good playing games that are complete and rock in the near future. That is the only real answer that will satisfy many people. That is also the one thing that will bring in many more sales.

As things stand; the theme is great, Heighway has shown they can deliver and deliver a high quality production grade commercial quality machine, they have a great designer and fun flipping machine, and the code even at expo was super fun (the full ruleset looks amazing honestly. Toss on the full immersion of the lights and sound package and the only thing left to do is actually deliver.

I am still looking forward to the next time I get to flip one and hope there is one within driving distance for me to play.

For me personally it really comes down to the fact that we have a Full Throttle on route that has held up very well, people like it, i like it, and it is still leaps and bound above the quality of any ohter game I have bought in the past 4 years. That earns some degree of respect and goodwill for what Heighway has done.

People can be spiteful or hate on them if they like, but that is the reason I will give them more rope. I love pinball, plain and simple.

#10669 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I think the confusion is not what he was asked to help with and paid for but what his duties are to HW today. He's not their PR spokesperson...not is he hired or paid to so while he has his own day-2-day job here in the U.S. He's had the opportunity to have a say piecing the game together pro/LE...but he's not the owner or the speaker of the house. Again, I understand the frustration everyone is feeling...I'm one of them as well. We're all trying to find someone to blame for the lack of updates and missed timelines but that aggression for a response needs to be directly pointed to Andrew. He has the answers whether he wants to deliver them himself or hire a rep to do it for him.

For the record I've never been anything but very nice to Aurich, as I've found over the years that being nice to talented/smart people is wise

#10670 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree 100%. I can completely understand the hesitation and concern of anyone thinking of putting down a deposit given the delays and missed deadlines. I would say if you have concern then simply wait it out. There is no danger of missing out if you wait.
However, you would think most can see how very different this is from Jpop/SkitB. For cripes sake, the company has successfully produced 1 great game already, pushed forward the pinball industry with some innovative things, and has shown a huge factory being built up. To put them in the same category as the aforementioned just makes people look silly/spiteful and incapable of anything remotely positive in their life.
I agree that they need to deliver good playing games that are complete and rock in the near future. That is the only real answer that will satisfy many people. That is also the one thing that will bring in many more sales.
As things stand; the theme is great, Heighway has shown they can deliver and deliver a high quality production grade commercial quality machine, they have a great designer and fun flipping machine, and the code even at expo was super fun (the full ruleset looks amazing honestly. Toss on the full immersion of the lights and sound package and the only thing left to do is actually deliver.
I am still looking forward to the next time I get to flip one and hope there is one within driving distance for me to play.
For me personally it really comes down to the fact that we have a Full Throttle on route that has held up very well, people like it, i like it, and it is still leaps and bound above the quality of any ohter game I have bought in the past 4 years. That earns some degree of respect and goodwill for what Heighway has done.
People can be spiteful or hate on them if they like, but that is the reason I will give them more rope. I love pinball, plain and simple.

Alien is actually game 3 for Heighway ( Bacardi Cuba Libre was the first)

Very excited to get My Alien LE

Andrew and team seem very focused on getting games shipped.
We havent seen them pushing new Sales on Alien ( which to me, shows they are ok Financially)

Looks like the Homestretch!!

IMG_0718 (resized).JPG

IMG_0717 (resized).JPG

IMG_0719 (resized).PNG

#10671 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

For the record I've never been anything but very nice to Aurich, as I've found over the years that being nice to talented/smart people is wise

I definitely know you were not attacking and I aplogize if you think I was thinking so. This thread gets derailed way too often but then again there is a good reason why and because we're all looking for an honest timelime...with periodic updates by Andrew/HW, not Aurich.
I agree with you, Aurich is one talented mother F$&&er, and honest which I'm sure he agree's with has gotten him into a little trouble here on Pinside. Then again honesty while always respected will always be met with confrontation by those who feel threaten by it.

#10672 2 years ago

Andrew will produce Alien, and is a great guy. I've known him for years now, have met him many times, and recently sold him my Alien vs Predator pachinko machine. In the past I bought a BSD and refurbed TAF from Andy, both still going strong. He is over-enthusiastic a la Jack and an over-promiser, but IMO this lovely pinball machine will definitely be produced, and in significant numbers

I was struck by both the Jpop and Kulek freight trains (aren't I lucky?), and am quite cynical about new pinball companies as a result (you've seen my posts!), and am a plaintiff against both those companies. In that context, as someone who isn't a fanboy type, I just wanted to add my positive comments about Andy and HP, and hope this recommendation means something amongst all the froth!

I'm going to visit the factory and order a machine later this year, hopefully. I previously visited the factory when it hosted the UKPP (UK Pinball Party). This is real in a way that Jpop and Kulek never were and could never be. Despite all the (mostly inevitable) delays and issues, just remember this is in a different league to those charlatans.

#10673 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

stop associating or attacking Aurich

Sorry, but after a month of not posting here, he shows up passively ranting about the state of the country, why he hasn't been posting, and getting a couple of downvotes because of "Typical pathetic Pinside attitude" when all he needed to or should have done is show up posting a few pics of the LE art package (which everyone has been asking for) and drop the mic...

#10674 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Sorry, but after a month of not posting here, he shows up passively ranting about the state of the country, why he hasn't been posting, and getting a couple of downvotes because of "Typical pathetic Pinside attitude" when all he needed to or should have done is show up posting a few pics of the LE art package (which everyone has been asking for) and drop the mic...

The state of the country, regardless of ones personal position is of confusion to many in the world today. Many people are affected. I hear from around 35 people in 20 countries, and it
is all that is talked about. Im not picking sides, but if it isnt affecting you, congrats!
(and it wasnt a Rant...I do that! )

Pinside attitude. I am not at Liberty to say, except to share the personal level of stress was even greater than mine with hundreds of emails a day from Pinsiders.

Please just except the fact that Pinside trollers have affected a persons personal life.

Asking for the Art Pictures over and over and feeling its Aurichs responsibility to post for you or anyone that asks or "demands" in this thread, is out of place.
It is neither his position, nor his authority to do so, per licensing, and positioning by the Company itself.

Sorry, you are way out of line.

#10675 2 years ago

Has it been posted how wide the backbox is for the game? Same as Williams/Bally?

#10676 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Asking for the Art Pictures over and over and feeling its Aurichs responsibility to post for you or anyone that asks or "demands" in this thread, is out of place.
It is neither his position, nor his authority to do so, per licensing, and positioning by the Company itself.
Sorry, you are way out of line.

Then don't chime in. It's confusing. I'm an LE buyer. For the last few years at that.

I want to know wtf the LE is or is not after several years. Sorry.

Or just send me a refund too. Getting tired of this BS.

People are confused by the country? F that, I'm confused by this venture

#10678 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are often asked what the differences are between Standard Edition and Limited Edition models.
Here's our comparison chart, hot off the press...

comparison chart copy-page-001 (re

Alien Chart (resized).jpg

#10679 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry, you are way out of line

I respect your opinion even if you don't mine...but let me just ask you and everyone here a real simple ?

If I, randomguyoffcl, referred to the state of this country in a negative manner and then proceeded to insult a few downvoters who didn't agree with that by basically calling them pathetic, what kind of bloodbath downvote reaction do you think I would receive?

Last I checked it was no politics & insults, but if you get enough upvotes then full steam ahead I guess...

So let me give it a spin...Not trying to be political but, this is great country! I'm proud to be here and proud of those who keep it safe so we can do things like play pinball! Nothings perfect & it never will be...our problems have been a long time coming and are of no fault of whomever may be in charge at the moment. In my opinion, the good outweighs the bad & I enjoy driving Buicks because the hood ornaments are RED, WHITE & BLUE!

#10680 2 years ago

Really excited about this pin, it looks amazing.

C-C-C-Combo breaker!!

#10681 2 years ago

Andrew, just please explain about the LE artwork.
Not done yet?
Not approved yet?
Not ready to show yet?
Other?

#10682 2 years ago

So I'm Ok with just being out at this point.

All i have is a $1500 deposit for #44LE

I chose not to send in additional $$ when asked for obvious reasons.

I don't even want to be involved with a project that is politically polarizing. Nor do i want to support it. And Alien looks to be an awesome pinball machine.

It's been a long F in haul, no doubt about it and I wish the crew well but I'd like to be taken out.

And I haven't had good luck with email or pm communication so tell me what needs to be done.

#10683 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I respect your opinion even if you don't mine...but let me just ask you and everyone here a real simple ?
If I, randomguyoffcl, referred to the state of this country in a negative manner and then proceeded to insult a few downvoters who didn't agree with that by basically calling them pathetic, what kind of bloodbath downvote reaction do you think I would receive?
Last I checked it was no politics & insults, but if you get enough upvotes then full steam ahead I guess...
So let me give it a spin...Not trying to be political but, this is great country! I'm proud to be here and proud of those who keep it safe so we can do things like play pinball! Nothings perfect & it never will be...our problems have been a long time coming and are of no fault of whomever may be in charge at the moment. In my opinion, the good outweighs the bad & I enjoy driving Buicks because the hood ornaments are RED, WHITE & BLUE!

No one says this isnt a Great Country! Isnt anyone allowed to feel one way or another about the last few weeks, and our polarized country?
certainly you cant be mad at someone elses feelings being different.
Im sure Aurich loves this country too! The new changes are significant, and may not be what
everyone wants, true? He shared his feelings and you disagree..fine.

Quoted from iceman44:

Then don't chime in. It's confusing. I'm an LE buyer. For the last few years at that.
I want to know wtf the LE is or is not after several years. Sorry.
Or just send me a refund too. Getting tired of this BS.
People are confused by the country? F that, I'm confused by this venture

Excuse me, my friend, are we at the point of suggesting others shouldnt post?
If you have an issue with Aurich, take it up with him.
As you were so calm about Batman, I understand the pressure of waiting for the last piece, the
artwork for the LE. Dont you agree, especially with what you know, that if he is not allowed by contract perhaps, or simply its Andrews call, that Aurich cant do this? Is this a reason to get upset at him?

Sure, if he insulted you personally, or your offended by his pinsider comment...fair game.
...and I shared briefly.

But upset because hes bummed out at the news and Cant give you the pics....

Lets go back to Alien updates.

If you have an Ax with Aurich, fine, just trying to help a friend out and possibly the artistist for your next pin.....Lynch mob time again?

#10684 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So I'm Ok with just being out at this point.
All i have is a $1500 deposit for #44LE
I chose not to send in additional $$ when asked for obvious reasons.
I don't even want to be involved with a project that is politically polarizing. Nor do i want to support it. And Alien looks to be an awesome pinball machine.
It's been a long F in haul, no doubt about it and I wish the crew well but I'd like to be taken out.
And I haven't had good luck with email or pm communication so tell me what needs to be done.

Whats up Doug?

Politically Polarizing? One person bummed? 2 people bummed? No discussion has taken place.

#10685 2 years ago

just curious.... how can you order one? standard or le

#10686 2 years ago

I just hit the wall. I wish them all the best. Looks like such a potentially awesome pin.

Quoted from splitskull:

just curious.... where does one order? standard or le

Well, I'm not even sure what my original price is but you can order one right here. I was early order.

#10687 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't even want to be involved with a project that is politically polarizing.

Is everybody smoking crack tonight?

That

Makes

No

Sense

ONE person said they were bummed....and now the project is polarizing? What in the wide world of sports are you talking about !?!?!?!

#10689 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Really excited about this pin, it looks amazing.
C-C-C-Combo breaker!!

Someone loves Killer Instinct....!

#10690 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No one says this isnt a Great Country! Isnt anyone allowed to feel one way or another about the last few weeks, and our polarized country?
certainly you cant be mad at someone elses feelings being different.
Im sure Aurich loves this country too! The new changes are significant, and may not be what
everyone wants, true? He shared his feelings and you disagree..fine.

He shared his political feelings and seemed to indicate that those feelings were part of the reason that he doesn't post in this thread. That seems....well....weird.

He started off that sentence by saying "not to get political, but..." and then proceed to...get political.

The biggest irony of all is that nobody even called him out on it. Instead, a few people gave him a thumbs down. Then he came back and made a post decrying how he got a whopping 3 thumbs down (despite the fact his post had 22 thumbs up) and says "typical pathetic Pinside attitude, but thanks for making my point for me. "

It wasn't until he made that second post that I pointed out that those thumbs down were probably because of his political comment which was in violation of the Pinside rules.

So your point about how he "shared his feelings and you disagree..fine" is something that I kind of disagree with just because those feelings (about politics) aren't supposed to be shared here to begin with.

So as a result of his original post, then his follow up reaction to getting a whopping 3 thumbs down, we now have all this back and forth about freaking politics!

Can we all just STFU about politics now?

#10691 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What in the wide world of sports are you talking about !?!?!?!

#10692 2 years ago

im done

#10693 2 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

just curious.... how can you order one? standard or le

I have this same question. Who do we send email to?

#10694 2 years ago

Direct

Cointaker

Nitro (Canada)

#10695 2 years ago

Look at this beauty,this will get the topic back on track.
We share the love for pinball people,the hobby..,and that relaxed us.
Leave the rest for what it is,we'll only get mad at eachother.
We all come here in the neutral zone to talk about the silver ball.

IMG_2678 (resized).PNG

#10697 2 years ago

One thing that I think will really amaze, but hasn't gotten much coverage is the illuminated side panels. These things are going to be oozing atmosphere.

#10698 2 years ago

As good as green looks, I love bluuuuuuuuu

#10699 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can we all just STFU about politics now?

Exactly, let's leave it out of this so-called pinball forum.

#10700 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Exactly, let's leave it out of this so-called pinball forum.

Lol....F#%k it dude, let's go bowling.

418WsAegsPL._SY300_ (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside