• 24,651 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24651 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 494.
#10601 2 years ago

I rather see Highway take all the time they need to resolve any issues and deliver games with no issues (besides the usual minor tweaking). It's either that or get a game sooner and risk having problems like Stern is with Ghostbusters and Batman 66.

There is a thread just for Ghostbusters issues that has nearly 2,500 posts in it! We don't want a similar thread for Alien issues because the game was rushed out while quality issues were brushed aside and / or proper testing didn't occur.

Haste makes waste as my grandmother once told me, lol. It's true.

#10602 2 years ago

IMG_9991 (resized).PNG

#10603 2 years ago

Aurich, any news on the Le art package you can discuss? Would love for you to make more Metallica mods as well.
Harley D.

#10604 2 years ago

aurich

Fair enough. Chill out peeps. Coming soon.

#10605 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Aurich, any news on the Le art package you can discuss? Would love for you to make more Metallica mods as well.
Harley D.

Great question, if you can offer any info Aurich about the LE art, like if its complete or been approved that would be great.

#10606 2 years ago

I think we all kinda know that this is a spring/summer release now, so Andrew surprise us with some gameplay vids here and there, LE art reveal and what not, wait till u know for sure its going into production, I'm fine with the wait but if you say 20 games ready in 2 weeks and it doesn't happen that causes a lot of shit, also most of us die hard Alien freaks are Predator freaks and that dickhead had a video of gameplay and pics of parts then it died, while I know its not the same at all, it did its damage. Speaking for myself I'm not into BM66 or Dialed In, Jetsons and Aerosmith etc. would much rather have a dream theme be 100% so take ur time and hurry up. now watch this and smile.

#10607 2 years ago

Our latest YouTube video was shot today from our production line.

The gameplay video is still in the pipeline, and will be released soon.

#10608 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

» YouTube video

I want one of those rotisseries. Someone makes them because jjp and stern use similiar ones. How does a layperson get their hand on one?

#10609 2 years ago

Fucking Awesome, Andrew! Thank you!!!

#10610 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I want one of those rotisseries. Someone makes them because jjp and stern use similiar ones. How does a layperson get their hand on one?

Design watch you need and have an engineering shop make it up.
I'm sure that's what Heighway or Stern or JJP would have done.

#10611 2 years ago

The game looks cool lit up! Really hope someone puts this on location near me.

#10612 2 years ago

» YouTube video

3:05 makes me smile.

#10613 2 years ago

that xenomorph grabbing the ball is great! I hope it eventually is sped up for certain modes. Would be great to "WHAM!" and grab it or also sometimesto use the tongue/mine jaws thing to slam it off the magnet back down the pf.

#10614 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

3:05 makes me smile.

Yeah with the GI going on and off to create a strobe effect plus flashers going crazy the ball eat will look awesome!

#10615 2 years ago

Hopefully its not too much longer before they start shipping the first games, it seems like there were 5 games there almost ready to go.

#10616 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I commented back then that whatever the issue was

Quoted from Whysnow:

I was just debunking you regurgitating this incorrect information yet again.

Then you need to take a step back

Hilton.. take a step.. BACK??

NOT ram himself (and his opinions) repeatedly into every crevice he can find in the hobby?!?

You MUST be joking!!

#10617 2 years ago

Thanks Andrew , much appreciated.

I know you guys are working hard to bring us this game.

#10618 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Hilton.. take a step.. BACK??
NOT ram himself (and his opinions) repeatedly into every crevice he can find in the hobby?!?
You MUST be joking!!

you sound a bit turned on there buddy...

#10619 2 years ago

This game looks so much better than I thought! Nice work!

#10620 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that xenomorph grabbing the ball is great! I hope it eventually is sped up for certain modes. Would be great to "WHAM!" and grab it or also sometimesto use the tongue/mine jaws thing to slam it off the magnet back down the pf.

The mechanism is set to 'slow' for this particular game while we are testing it. In production games, the 'ball eating' is a lot faster

#10621 2 years ago

This pin is a game changer! I also would love a rotisserie like andrews as well.

#10622 2 years ago

Those electroluminescent panels at the end of the video look super nice in the game... great match with the playfield colors.

Glad to see the Space Jockey featured on the rear panel too.

And I love the shiny Zeno head finish.

I'm betting the ball eating mech will look great once the lighting (strobe?) is shown with it. And I'm guessing the pause before the ball is eaten will be filled with the playfield lights and sound doing something special when code for the lighting is nearer. If everything were to go dark during that pause and then lights come on around the Zeno head to highlight the action once it starts moving, that's going to be pretty freaken cool.

It's looking good. Can't wait for the LE experience! Keep up the good work, you're doing the theme justice.

Edit: just read that the ball eating speed is turned down. All good!

That airlock LCD is so much better than the coffee can airlock. Nice to see sounds are already being associated with its animations.

#10623 2 years ago

Looks fantastic! I like the peek around the whole warehouse and production factory, seeing the part making equipment and massive supply of parts, cabinets, the line, etc. shows how legit this set up and game production is.

#10624 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Harley D.

Not at this stage. I'd love to finish my Metallica mod at some point, see what happens with that, until Alien is done I don't feel like I can devote time to personal pinball projects.

We'll see. I like how I explained why I'm not around and it got 3 downvotes. Typical pathetic Pinside attitude, but thanks for making my point for me.

Whatever, it's not about me, it's about the game, and as you can see from that video it's far from vaporware.

#10625 2 years ago

» YouTube video

That production line video will get you a ton of up votes.

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not at this stage. I'd love to finish my Metallica mod at some point, see what happens with that, until Alien is done I don't feel like I can devote time to personal pinball projects.
We'll see. I like how I explained why I'm not around and it got 3 downvotes. Typical pathetic Pinside attitude, but thanks for making my point for me.
Whatever, it's not about me, it's about the game, and as you can see from that video it's far from vaporware.

You violated the Pinside rule against politics and you feign surprise at getting a few thumbs down?

#10627 2 years ago

Oh man every time I see this game it looks better and better.. great video!

#10628 2 years ago

» YouTube video

Looks great. Glad to see things are very close to the finish line.

#10629 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You violated the Pinside rule against politics and you feign surprise at getting a few thumbs down?

get a room

#10630 2 years ago

Sooooo close!!!

#10631 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Design watch you need and have an engineering shop make it up.
I'm sure that's what Heighway or Stern or JJP would have done.

Amazing I didn't think of that.

#10632 2 years ago

The game is looking great! Thank you for the video update. I think an Alien standard may be my next NIB purchase.

#10633 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your work on Alien isn't done? Where is the LE art?

#10634 2 years ago

Looks awesome, can't wait for the gameplay video. I'm actually thoroughly impressed by how much the ink on the pf really pops!

Quoted from chadderack:

(Not aurich)
Cmon guys. You're killin aeonflux
aeonblack or whatever his name is

Don't worry, I've been dead inside since I joined Pinside.

#10635 2 years ago

» YouTube video

Very nice!

#10636 2 years ago

Looking good! It's worth taking time to get the game working well as I can see you selling 1000+

An extra 2-3 months of troubleshooting is worth it in the long run

#10637 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Would be great to "WHAM!" and grab it or also sometimesto use the tongue/mine jaws thing to slam it off the magnet back down the pf.

Ack, that would be terrible. The "tongue" only moves straight forward and backward, and is directly above the center drain... so doing what you describe would most likely just slam the ball SDTM. That's not fun.

I don't know if folks have noticed one nice thing about the Xeno targets... they are two standup targets in a slight "V" configuration. What this means is that when you shoot up the middle to the Xeno, the ball will probably rebound at a slight angle, not just slam down the middle like you see too often on a shot to (AFM saucer shield / Spidey Sandman shield / Metallica Sparky / TWD Prison / etc). Good attention to detail by ealadubhsidhe.

#10638 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ack, that would be terrible. The "tongue" only moves straight forward and backward, and is directly above the center drain... so doing what you describe would most likely just slam the ball SDTM. That's not fun.
I don't know if folks have noticed one nice thing about the Xeno targets... they are two standup targets in a slight "V" configuration. What this means is that when you shoot up the middle to the Xeno, the ball will probably rebound at a slight angle, not just slam down the middle like you see too often on a shot to (AFM saucer shield / Spidey Sandman shield / Metallica Sparky / TWD Prison / etc). Good attention to detail by ealadubhsidhe.

I love that the shot on afm is risky and it makes you really have to have a strategy other than just bashing shield and ship.

#10639 2 years ago

Great update video! Ignore the naysayers. Game looks awesome.

#10640 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I love that the shot on afm is risky and it makes you really have to have a strategy other than just bashing shield and ship.

On Alien, you can just shoot the Xeno repeatedly to start Ambush MB, but the point values won't be great. Shooting around the field first (Lifecycle shots) increases the Ambush values. That was my compromise to let casual players just pound the middle and enjoy getting a fun multiball, while requiring advanced players to strategize to optimize scoring.

#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

you would be the one to know. Just a thought that it is a sweet toy and the more the code can utilize it to do fun things, the better.

I thought it was just slightly off center? That way the magnet could drop sometimes without the xeno picking it up?

#10642 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I might have missed it in some of the videos but when the Xeno is not setup or ready to attack/eat the ball, will the magnet in front of the Xeno pulse and whip the ball back at the player/flippers?

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

On Alien, you can just shoot the Xeno repeatedly to start Ambush MB, but the point values won't be great. Shooting around the field first (Lifecycle shots) increases the Ambush values. That was my compromise to let casual players just pound the middle and enjoy getting a fun multiball, while requiring advanced players to strategize to optimize scoring.

That's awesome. I really like the ruleset you are designing for Alien as its objective based, covers both films, and the rules work the entire playfield. Some games only have "hit ramps 10x", "hit orbits 10x" type modes and those get old quickly in my opinion, especially in a home environment.

I tend to gravitate towards Keith Johnson titles due to his ruleset design and find myself wanting an Alien as the game is offering something similar in terms of rules offering depth and uniqueness...the game being loaded up with some cool toys and features helps too

#10644 2 years ago

So cool. Can't wait to play the machine! The game looks great!

#10645 2 years ago

When are these shipping?

#10647 2 years ago

The factory tour was impressive. That gives a glimpse of the investment involved and to me provides a lot of confidence in the operation as a whole.

I'm really looking forward to playing and most likely getting one when they are available. I think Alien is looking awesome.

It would be cool if they offered some sort of package deal if you Alien and a FT kit at the same time.

#10648 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The factory tour was impressive. That gives a glimpse of the investment involved and to me provides a lot of confidence in the operation as a whole.
I'm really looking forward to playing and most likely getting one when they are available. I think Alien is looking awesome.
It would be cool if they offered some sort of package deal if you Alien and a FT kit at the same time.

Why not send them a quick e-mail and check if that is possible. You never know until you try

#10649 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I also would love a rotisserie like andrews as well.

Maybe it will be added to the store as an option. Don't know how much more they would go for, but it would be great to have one and cool if it shipped same time as the game. This could be a whole new market for Heighway.

#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is happening FAR too often. It really is.
And I mean even if you were to limit it to *only* those people who publicly post about it in this thread...it's happening too often. The real problem is that it is happening much more behind the scenes from people who do not want to post publicly in this thread for fear of causing problems of one kind or another. I have personal knowledge about this because of communications that I have had with people who have had this issue and asked for my opinion on how to go about getting a refund, and find out that these people know of others who had or are having the same issue.
It seems that it always requires that someone publicly post in this thread in order to light a fire and get it done. And every time that happens, Andrew apologizes profusely, adds in a few excuses, and eventually issues a refund.
It should not have to be like this. Someone at Heighway needs to get their shit together....both in terms of issuing timely refunds when requested, and getting the pins shipped to customers.
Heighway's most recent shipping date has been missed...again.

Imho it's easier to get a refund now than to wait for the panic at the exit as with Kevin and Jpop

I was able to get a refund from Jpop (and Kevin) because I got out when there was just a hint of trouble, I didn't wait until everyone was asking for a refund.

IMO it's folly to be out money on Heighway games, if they ship you can buy one then, this pre order nonsense should be done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24651 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside