• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 494.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Why are pre-orders still even allowed on Pinside? Haven't enough people been f-ed over yet?

Pinside doesn't facilitate or partner in 3rd party pre-orders, so there is nothing to 'allow' so I am not sure what you even mean - unless you think they should be policing all forums and scrubbing anything related to modern pinball startup manufacturing. We are all adults here and should have the ability to filter information ourselves. As everyone else has stated much more eloquently, if you cannot tell the difference between Heighway and dodgy garage manufacturers and adjust your skepticism accordingly, maybe the internet isn't for you.

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm throwing my hat into the Heighway ring now too.

I really meant it!

And I meant what I've said before too, about waiting to see the art. I think it's totally fair to say "game sounds great, but I need to see what it looks like before I even think about ordering". It's on me to try and sell you.

#1003 4 years ago

When is Alien going to get a Pinside page so I can add it to my wishlist?

#1004 4 years ago

Congrats, Aurich.

This is gonna be a fun ride for both you and us

Best of luck to you.

Great choice by Andrew Heighway. Now, go make us proud!

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from Trace_on:

When is Alien going to get a Pinside page so I can add it to my wishlist?

Probably needs some guy to crap out a translite first.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Probably needs some guy to crap out a translite first.

You best be aiming higher than crap there, brother!

Looking forward to hearing how it plays out working with the IP holder. The translite needs to scream Aliens from across the room.

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

The translite needs to scream Aliens from across the room.

Maybe with a little of that color changing RGB technology put behind the translite it can scream Aliens from across the room and mode change to highlight more darker eerie foreboding aspects of the art when your standing right in front of it during play acting like a stealth mode to reduce glare and reflections? Maybe the lighted side art will have color morphing capabilities too? Muahahaha

#1008 4 years ago

"Aliens" on now, Directv, SBLK, channel 530.....good part starting.....forgot how killer this one was, as well!!!

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

"Aliens" on now, Directv, SBLK, channel 530.....good part starting.....forgot how good this one was, as well!!!

Fantastic movie. I managed a single house, 800 seat theatre back when it was released. We ran a 70mm print with a brand spanking new sound system featuring Klipsch theatre speakers behind the screen and 12 Heresy surrounds. Man did it rock! I remember the beginning...the part where they cut through the door of the space ship and it fell to the floor with a solid thud....it would just shake the whole theatre and hammer your chest. Awesome.

#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Aurich + Heighway= Huge Win!!!.....

What does this mean?

Quoted from karl:

Congrats, Aurich.
This is gonna be a fun ride for both you and us
Best of luck to you.
Great choice by Andrew Heighway. Now, go make us proud!

Did I miss something here?

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

What does this mean?

Did I miss something here?

Scroll up a bit.....

3 weeks later
#1013 4 years ago

Aliens is positioning to be ...well I'll just deliberately say it... a Grail Pin.

Ok yes I'm just a bit pumped about this pin.

Dennis Nordman made the initial playfield drawing and created concepts for 4 new playfield toys
Aurich on the art
Harry S. on next level audio (Wow!):

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:“By joining the team at Heighway Pinball, I look forward to pushing the audio technology of pinball into the 21st century while creating the best sounds ever heard on a pinball machine”

Now combine that passion with the technology of connecting this pin to "sing" through your vibrant flawless expensive Home Theater equipment

"{When it comes to sound, Heighway says the company is experimenting with different sound cards and base speakers to make the audio component stronger, and hints at a few surprise add-ons. “For example, we are looking at ways to connect the sound from Alien to your Hi-Fi system so you can play it through your Hi-Fi speakers,” he reveals.}"

What other surprises are we in store for?
What other goodness did I miss?

I mean just click the link and look at some of this:
http://heighwaypinball.com/about-us/

These are indeed some big doings shaping up! Haven't seen the Alien art or the toys or heard the sounds or experienced the play, but the way Andrew has always spoken so reverently about this title, it seems destined to be something uniquely special.

Even Dennis Nordman said after he left the project: "I've seen the video that Andrew submitted to FOX and if the game turns out anything like this it will be great."

Well it sure seems that the Heighway way has been very careful and methodical in the planning and preparations for this "massive" title.

Can't wait to see, to hear, and to have tactile contact with all the glory of what may well be a Pinnacle Masterpiece of Pinball Entertainment. Fingers crossed.

It has to be impossible, but I'll ask the question... with relevant Global interest in the Alien Franchise going on continuously for the past 35 Years and considering the length of time since the pin was announced, is there a remote chance the 500 ’35th Anniversary Edition’ spots could end up selling out before we even get to see a public picture of this pin?

AlienPin.jpg

Hey, don't laugh/hate - it's a big world out there, people are nuts, ...life is a circle.

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Harry S. on next level audio (Wow!)

I'm really looking forward to working with Harry myself.

2 weeks later
#1015 4 years ago

Bump. What's new, Andrew?

#1016 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

A question about and a thoughtful ambition for the Dual Yellow Beacon Topper...
Looking so forward to the day I get to see and especially hear the sounds of the Alien 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Pin in action.
I always thought the Topper With Yellow Beacons would absolutely Command a room or establishment or home basement full of games as the Beacons are randomly spinning and stopping - simply in the attract mode.
Dualing Beacons.jpg
But you know that's me just assuming the Beacons will be designed to revolve. I've just always assumed they would revolve to create formidable tension in certain modes of beastly chaos. Imagine the beloved Klaxon Alarm unique to the Alien Movie is whaling while a T-Minus Count down is droning and reducing, your desperately trying to hit a target or series of shots to 'survive/kill/escape' while the dual Yellow Beacons are throwing a doomsday revolving flash of panic all over the room surroundings.
Truly the potential for an outstanding experience, but you know I never read anywhere that the Beacons will actually have any kind of Revolving movement capability.
Can anyone tell me if the Yellow Beacons will revolve like the one on the loader in the gif below?
Example of a revolving light.gif
Or will they simply be steady on/off lights under a plastic dome?
I think I read that the Topper Beacons might be an optional accessory that can be added to the standard non LE Pin.
Will the Beacons use modern tech? Halogen... LED ... incandescent bulb/s? Will they be of a largish size? ...please not little 3 inch domes I pray. They should be BIG and cast a far reaching light... after all they are being called "Beacons" right?
I guess if planned and designed early enough the beacons might have the capability to have it both ways!!!!
Imagine the effect of a revolving strobe light in a dark room? Muahahaha! This would be nuts on a Pinball Machine! And I totally want this Pin to have that additional feature capability now.
...and what if the Revolving Beacons had the capability to gradually slow and then reverse and... Ok I'll stop dreaming. But you get the idea... this could be a Highly Interactive Game Topper/Changer. And Heighway has always spoken of pushing Pinball Tech forward... and if this Beacon Topper has a bit of technical sophistication and is integrated in game play to take advantage of that sophistication ... WOW!
For those planning on owning this Pin someday... would you want Revolving Beacons or Fixed on and off Blinkys? Not matter? Revolving Strobe effect? Revolving speed increases as T-Minus count down gets closer to Zero? Run them independently of one another? ...Meaning one starts flashing when you get in a little trouble, then it starts revolving solid when your in a lot of trouble, then it starts to strobe while its revolving when your in big doo doo, then the other side starts escalating through these stages as your situation continues to intensify until both sides are going nuts and your screaming for your mommy.
I Know - I'm dreaming again.

I am two months behind on this thread, so sorry for the way back bump if this is discuss further later on, but I think this is an awesome idea. I'm curious what aurich thinks if he has not already commented later.

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am two months behind on this thread, so sorry for the way back bump if this is discuss further later on, but I think this is an awesome idea. I'm curious what aurich thinks if he has not already commented later.

Andrew covered this earlier, they're going to revolve the way they should.

Other than that I don't know how they're being designed specifically. I imagine all anyone needs is them going nuts at the right times though.

#1018 4 years ago

When can we expect an Alien update?

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Fantastic movie. I managed a single house, 800 seat theatre back when it was released. We ran a 70mm print with a brand spanking new sound system featuring Klipsch theatre speakers behind the screen and 12 Heresy surrounds. Man did it rock! I remember the beginning...the part where they cut through the door of the Space Ship and it fell to the floor with a solid thud....it would just shake the whole theatre and hammer your chest. Awesome.

I wasn't born when it was released but it's one of my favourites movies of all time.

#1020 4 years ago

Alien update? Let's get Full throttle out first .

#1021 4 years ago

I'm hoping i will get to play an Alien at Expo this year........Expo is gonna be big this year, just have a feeling.

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Fantastic movie. I managed a single house, 800 seat theatre back when it was released. We ran a 70mm print with a brand spanking new sound system featuring Klipsch theatre speakers behind the screen and 12 Heresy surrounds. Man did it rock! I remember the beginning...the part where they cut through the door of the Space Ship and it fell to the floor with a solid thud....it would just shake the whole theatre and hammer your chest. Awesome.

one of the best movies, ever. classic. period.

#1023 4 years ago

If it's anything like this, we're all in for a treat. A guy who works for Heighway helped with this table in Future Pinball (sounds, clips, development). Also a great guy like Aurich, and talented.

#1024 4 years ago

That's really cool. Love the music and sense of urgency in the gameplay...just like the films. I think it would be totally cool to do something really unique with the Aliens lighting. What I love about the Aliens movies is how they give you this really creepy feeling of being trapped in this small space with these killer Aliens lurking in the shadows. Imagine a play field that had GI lights flickering at times and even sometimes the whole play field goes pitch black and you have to survive in the dark. Can't tell if this would be cool or shitty like Predator Thoughts?

#1025 4 years ago

With the license / talent involved in the project, I don't question it has the potential to be an awesome pin. I just question why Andrew would make the statement below. Even though "everyone" can agree on a specific date there are variables outside peoples control. I don't understand why he continues to box himself in a corner by tossing out specific dates/months. In October 2014 he said the game would ship in April which caused a spat w/ Dennis Nordman. Now we have ~90 days for this "global launch". What is a global launch anyway? It sounds like a prototype that might not ship for months after. My advise would be to not state a specific date but just have transparency and show people progress. If I was in on this game, id rather a six week delay to make it better then have someone try to aim for a specific date. So the game should ship and be ready when its done.

"So what does this mean for the timeline of this game? Everyone involved with this game is in agreement that we are going to target the UK Pinball Party, on 21st-23rd August 2015 (at Heighway Pinball’s factory in Merthyr Tydfil, UK) as the global launch of this game."

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

If it's anything like this, we're all in for a treat. A guy who works for Heighway helped with this table in Future Pinball (sounds, clips, development). Also a great guy like Aurich, and talented.
» YouTube video

I would take something like that. Pretty damn cool!

#1027 4 years ago

I think the word "Launch" should be changed to "Reveal" and we're all good. That's what he means.

#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

With the license / talent involved in the project, I don't question it has the potential to be an awesome pin. I just question why Andrew would make the statement below. Even though "everyone" can agree on a specific date there are variables outside peoples control. I don't understand why he continues to box himself in a corner by tossing out specific dates/months. In October 2014 he said the game would ship in April which caused a spat w/ Dennis Nordman. Now we have ~90 days for this "global launch". What is a global launch anyway? It sounds like a prototype that might not ship for months after. My advise would be to not state a specific date but just have transparency and show people progress. If I was in on this game, id rather a six week delay to make it better then have someone try to aim for a specific date. So the game should ship and be ready when its done.
"So what does this mean for the timeline of this game? Everyone involved with this game is in agreement that we are going to target the UK Pinball Party, on 21st-23rd August 2015 (at Heighway Pinball’s factory in Merthyr Tydfil, UK) as the global launch of this game."

I'm in on an LE, and ok w delays, as long as communication is honest and consistent. Andrew has done both in an excellent/ professional manner.

I correlate to large projects we are involved w in my industry (PRO AV).....you need target timelines, landmark dates, etc., but everyone knows going in that the Project will not be completed "on schedule" with original launch criteria. There are always unforeseen challenges and delays. If the communication is good, there is never an issue (even on multi-million dollar projects that I'm referring to).

Granted, there is always an "absolute" attached to these, but don't think we are anywhere near that with this title. He is working through manufacturing of Full Throttle now, to get the bugs out, and gain clarity on true production timelines.

He's also stated that Alien is his "dream title" and will make it the best it can be. This will result in further "tweaking"

It's unfortunate the timing to launch his brand comes at a time when deceitful bozo's abound, but this is certainly not the case w Heighway.

Might make the trip to UK, and if I get my game in before Christmas, it's a win for me.....mark

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

one of the best movies, ever. classic. period.

This^^^^^ FACT!!!

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

» YouTube video

I imagine an Alien pin where at times it's slow, spooky, and brooding...then you get into some mode/multiball/etc and all hell breaks loose. The music/sounds change, warning sirens/beacons go off, and things get crazy!

Maybe that's sort of what's going on in that video?

I hope Heighway can somehow capture the feeling(s) of the first two Alien movies.

PS - A Xenomorph head on the playfield that opens its mouth and a smaller set of jaws pops out and grabs/locks a ball would be awesome!

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm in on an LE, and ok w delays, as long as communication is honest and consistent. Andrew has done both in an excellent/ professional manner.
It's unfortunate the timing to launch his brand comes at a time when deceitful bozo's abound, but this is certainly not the case w Heighway.
Might make the trip to UK, and if I get my game in before Christmas, it's a win for me.....mark

As Alien LE #5, I agree with these statements 100%.

Andrew has been outstanding at communication while maintaining his professionalism.

Alien would make a fantastic Birthday/Christmas gift. And if it comes sooner, that will be ok with me too.

Marcus

#1032 4 years ago

I don't really want to speak for Andrew, but he has been really busy lately, even I haven't talked to him a ton the past couple days, and we're in pretty close contact. So just saying that you might not get any immediate response in this thread from him like you're used to.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

I imagine an Alien pin where at times it's slow, spooky, and brooding...then you get into some mode/multiball/etc and all hell breaks loose. The music/sounds change, warning sirens/beacons go off, and things get crazy!

I hope Heighway can somehow capture the feeling(s) of the first two Alien movies.

Amen brother... I think we are all counting on it!

#1034 4 years ago

Does anybody besides me collect Alien toys?

aliens.jpg

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Does anybody besides me collect Alien toys?
aliens.jpg

Nope, they only make them for you. Sorry, couldn't resist.

#1036 4 years ago

when a multiball mode starts... would love hearing Vasquez scream "lets rock" actual voice!!... omg.
sorry i can dream.

#1037 4 years ago

Wait till Heighway announce they have the Predator license ....

Wink wink

Nod nod

rd.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wink wink
Nod nod
rd.

thats coming in their next thread. "Heighways next pin"

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wink wink
Nod nod
rd.

Does a cuzzy bro have some inside info?

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Does a cuzzy bro have some inside info?

Cough

Cough

rd.

#1041 4 years ago

If they do Predator, awesome theme off course. Then i hope they forget about the skitt playfield, cause that was awefull.

1 week later
#1042 4 years ago

Any Alien news? Just anything positive in the industry anymore, been all bad news lately it seems.

#1043 4 years ago

More importantly... Any Full Throttle news?

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

More importantly... Any Full Throttle news?

Soon I hope!

#1045 4 years ago

Andrew is insanely busy right now, just juggling a lot. I don't want to speak for him, just noting that he hasn't had much time lately, because he's working on so much. I imagine as soon as he can free himself he'll post an update on Full Throttle.

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Andrew is insanely busy right now, just juggling a lot. I don't want to speak for him, just noting that he hasn't had much time lately, because he's working on so much. I imagine as soon as he can free himself he'll post an update on Full Throttle.

Is there an updated timeline of some kind on Alien? Such an exciting theme, pinball could use some good news.

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is there an updated timeline of some kind on Alien? Such an exciting theme, pinball could use some good news.

I'm not comfortable giving any kind of update, that's really Andrew's role, but there's lots of work being done.

#1048 4 years ago

Same here. I emailed Andrew this week and I can say this much about Full Throttle, things are moving along nicely and the first games is almost finished. Not only that, I had a special request and Andrew came through for me on that also. What a great guy!

No worries whatsoever from me about Full Throttle. It will be in my home soon, very soon.

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not comfortable giving any kind of update, that's really Andrew's role, but there's lots of work being done.

Coming from you that is all I need to know. Glad things are progressing!!! I'm getting excited about this game.

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

thanks for the update!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside