• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 494.
#10401 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Hey I was just quoting frolic and provided an example. If you want to get upset about it that's on you.

Not upset at all just eating some asparagus and drinking a lot of water.

#10402 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

includes a cell phone in it which for some reason is the dumbest thing known to mankind

I get your pinball point, but Facebook is the dumbest thing known to mankind, followed by Twitter.

A cell phone is actually useful.

#10403 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Just watched this vid on "Dialed In" which looks like a super fun game.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SO LAME.

#10404 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I get your pinball point, but Facebook is the dumbest thing known to mankind, followed by Twitter.
A cell phone is actually useful.

Agreed.

#10405 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think you need to take BBH out of that list or at least learn when it came out

Well I designed Full Throttle, and I like Big Buck Hunter. Somebody has to.

#10406 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Well I designed Full Throttle, and I like Big Buck Hunter. Somebody has to.

My inclination is to assume you have bad taste, because BBH is pretty brutal. But Full Throttle is THE SHIT, so you sir, can like whatever you want.

#10407 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
SO LAME.

Cool opinion. I find a pin about a phone that could destroy the world interesting. The game is like "Whirlwind 3000" with the natural disaster warnings starting and getting canceled (Pat Lawlor for you). The side flipper to lock a ball, magnets whipping things all over the place, and an enemy that attacks your flippers during multiball. If you shoot the enemy targets when they're attacking you you score a super jackpot. Holograms that you can shoot, super cool combos, a futuristic city getting destroyed on the backglass, and the game (in the vid) wasn't 20% finished. And yeah, Keith Johnson is coding it. But I'm sure you knew all that

Back on topic...

Aliens looks like a great game. Build it/ship it.

#10408 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Next week, we will work on the video that you have asked us for

IMG_0877 (resized).JPG

#10409 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My inclination is to assume you have bad taste, because BBH is pretty brutal. But Full Throttle is THE SHIT, so you sir, can like whatever you want.

It's just an unpretentious target-shooter that knows its boundaries and limitations and doesn't step beyond them. I don't even find the theme objectionable (and I really really really really should).

#10410 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Cool opinion. I find a pin about a phone that could destroy the world interesting. The game is like "Whirlwind 3000" with the natural disaster warnings starting and getting canceled (Pat Lawlor for you). The side flipper to lock a ball, magnets whipping things all over the place, and an enemy that attacks your flippers during multiball. If you shoot the enemy targets when they're attacking you you score a super jackpot. Holograms that you can shoot, super cool combos, a futuristic city getting destroyed on the backglass, and the game (in the vid) wasn't 20% finished. And yeah, Keith Johnson is coding it. But I'm sure you knew all that
Back on topic...

Sorry the theme is just BAD. You can throw all the other crap in to try to make it better but it wont ever fix the theme.

dialed_out (resized).jpg

#10411 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Sorry the theme is just BAD. You can throw all the other crap in to try to make it better but it wont ever fix the theme.

Yeah it never reach the lofty heights of your Demolition Man...truly a proud moment in cinema history.

#10412 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it never reach the lofty heights of your Demolition Man...truly a proud moment in cinema history.

DM ROCKS! Here's my custom instruction cards i made for your viewing pleasure.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.08.16 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.08.40 AM (resized).png

#10413 2 years ago

I'll give you the Taco Bell, the only good part of that shitfest. I guess the fact it's R rated was good at the time...they weren;t all scared of swearing back then.

Your cards look better than the game art...not that that's any consolation

#10414 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Back on topic...

I'm warming up to the theme, but it still has bad art in places and a terrible main mom jeans character. The game itself shoots great and will be awesome though, no doubt. The phone is a good toy IMO.
Keith Johnson isn't the lead software guy on the game by the way. Ted Estes is. I'm sure Keith is assisting and they're collaborating a bit, but this game is Ted's game. But you knew all that...or did you?

#10415 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm warming up to the theme, but it still has bad art in places and a terrible main mom jeans character. The game itself shoots great and will be awesome though, no doubt. The phone is a good toy IMO.
Keith Johnson isn't the lead software guy on the game by the way. Ted Estes is. I'm sure Keith is assisting and their collaborating a bit, but this game is Ted's game. But you knew all that...or did you?

No, that's good to know

#10416 2 years ago

WTF. Dialed In? Demolition Man instruction cards? More BS? Bunch of nonsense. This is an Alien update thread, thought there was a real update. Take it elsewhere.

deralien (resized).jpg

#10417 2 years ago

Can u guys go and talk about DI in a "Dialed In Thread' its making me very uncombfortable, unless an Alien is going to come from nowhere and kill fix it man and whatever that lady is in the back, taking out the cell phone at the same time. Please.

#10418 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Can u guys go and talk about DI in a "Dialed In Thread' its making me very uncombfortable, unless an Alien is going to come from nowhere and kill fix it man and whatever that lady is in the back, taking out the cell phone at the same time. Please.

Back on track...any of these bad boys ship yet?

#10419 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Back on track...any of these bad boys ship yet?

Dialed In? No.

#10420 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Dialed In? No.

Literally LOLed.

#10421 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll give you the Taco Bell, the only good part of that shitfest. I guess the fact it's R rated was good at the time...they weren;t all scared of swearing back then.
Your cards look better than the game art...not that that's any consolation

You are fined two credits....

#10422 2 years ago

Making pinballs is hard…but getting refunds is harder?!?

I've been on the pre-order list for over two years, but I’m moving soon so asked for a refund as it was clear after Expo it wouldn’t be shipping in time. Since November, I have had 17 email exchanges and a couple PM’s with Heighway asking for my refund to be processed but it has not materialized. Our exchanges are always polite, they respond quickly, and Morgan always apologizes to say they are working on it. However, there is always a delay such as personnel turnover, being focused on producing the games, holiday leave, EAG show preparations, or Andrew just hasn’t gotten to it.

Given the lack of action, I have been forced to file a chargeback with my credit card company. In fact I submitted 25 pages of supporting documents and emails about missed production deadlines and licensing delays over the past two years. If you haven't re-read this thread in quite a while, it really is eye-opening to go back to the beginning.

It’s a shame something I was so excited about has been soured by this refund experience, but I felt compelled to share it as it appears others have experienced similar frustrations.

#10423 2 years ago

This refund delay situation is the absolute WORST thing they can do! If there is ever a "run on the bank" they will REALLY be in trouble. JMO

#10424 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This refund delay situation is the absolute WORST thing they can do! If there is ever a "run on the bank" they will REALLY be in trouble. JMO

#10425 2 years ago

Do we have a distributor here in the US? I'm concerned about shipping times and charges. Do we know the costs yet?

#10426 2 years ago

And what about tax? Between tax and shipping are we not looking at another $1000+ above the sales price before we get to the house?

#10427 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

And what about tax? Between tax and shipping are we not looking at another $1000+ above the sales price before we get to the house?

I'm looking closer to 2K for taxes and shipping, man with these refund delays and shipping delays I'm starting to have second thoughts for the first time, Its Aliens so that will keep me here way longer than I would normally be, but come on Heighway lets get this going already. A video of gameplay, some solid shipping dates, some explanation for the lack of support for refunds, I need something soon.

#10429 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Do we have a distributor here in the US? I'm concerned about shipping times and charges. Do we know the costs yet?

Its Cointaker. Give them a call

#10430 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Its Cointaker. Give them a call

Thx! According to their website my $1k extra cost was spot on. Has anyone done research, if we buy directly from Heighway do we have to pay taxes or any import fees to get them into the US? If not for that same $1k you could maybe get it shipped by air instead of boat.

#10431 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

A video of gameplay, some solid shipping dates, some explanation for the lack of support for refunds, I need something soon.

Yep, I've began feeling the early signs of apprehension as well. We need a bone thrown our way (video or solid release dates) or at least signs that people are getting supported when refunds are requested.

#10432 2 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

I've been on the pre-order list for over two years, but I’m moving soon so asked for a refund as it was clear after Expo it wouldn’t be shipping in time. Since November, I have had 17 email exchanges and a couple PM’s with Heighway asking for my refund to be processed but it has not materialized. Our exchanges are always polite, they respond quickly, and Morgan always apologizes to say they are working on it. However, there is always a delay such as personnel turnover, being focused on producing the games, holiday leave, EAG show preparations, or Andrew just hasn’t gotten to it.
Given the lack of action, I have been forced to file a chargeback with my credit card company.

This is happening FAR too often. It really is.

And I mean even if you were to limit it to *only* those people who publicly post about it in this thread...it's happening too often. The real problem is that it is happening much more behind the scenes from people who do not want to post publicly in this thread for fear of causing problems of one kind or another. I have personal knowledge about this because of communications that I have had with people who have had this issue and asked for my opinion on how to go about getting a refund, and find out that these people know of others who had or are having the same issue.

It seems that it always requires that someone publicly post in this thread in order to light a fire and get it done. And every time that happens, Andrew apologizes profusely, adds in a few excuses, and eventually issues a refund.

It should not have to be like this. Someone at Heighway needs to get their shit together....both in terms of issuing timely refunds when requested, and getting the pins shipped to customers.

Heighway's most recent shipping date has been missed...again.

#10433 2 years ago

Maybe a change.org petition is the answer

#10434 2 years ago

Andrew really should take care of anyone wanting a refund on their $1500 deposit, after all life happens. We've only seen 2 or 3 people here asking for that refund and we know eventually it gets done

Quoted from underlord:

Andrew just sent me a refund, and he apologized. Andrew, there was no need for apologies. Other than email responses, you've been fine to deal with.
I'm hoping to pick up an Alien at a later date, as it looks beautiful. Good luck Heighway!!

It really should get done before the hysteria train on Pinside gets started. I've spoken directly with Andrew and I've seen enough to know things are looking good on this pin and I can't wait for my LE.

This is how it starts

Quoted from spfxted:

Quoted from RobT:

The real problem is that it is happening much more behind the scenes from people who do not want to post publicly in this thread for fear of causing problems of one kind or another.

Doubtful it should be a big deal to refund a few $1500 deposits for those affected by whatever life is throwing their way. Fingers crossed Andrew makes it a priority to get ahead of it.

I bet those that need a refund now will still buy Alien later when events settle for them.

hys·te·ri·a
/həˈstirēə,həˈsterēə/
noun
exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of pinball people.

hysteria (resized).jpg

#10435 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Andrew really should take care of anyone wanting a refund on their $1500 deposit, after all life happens. We've only seen 2 or 3 people here asking for that refund and we know eventually it gets done

I went back and looked, and maybe there haven't been quite as many people complaining and publicly posting about the lack of a timely refund as I thought (one of the people who I talked to about his refund that I thought publicly posted did not) but it's more than "2 or 3."

Quoted from bane:

Requested refund (original deposit almost 1 year ago) over 1 month ago. Couldn't stomach delays and top secret video status any longer. Supposed to have been processed already; email confirmation that cancellation received, yet refund not processed. Emailed Heighway Pinball about this. No response yet.

Quoted from thewool:

Hi Andrew,
Please can you pm or email me regarding my refund?
Sent you a few mails on this, also tried to call the factory but the number is u/s.
Cheers, Kris

Quoted from kidchrisso:

Your not the only one having issues on getting a refund....it's ridiculous.

Quoted from underlord:

Well Andrew, despite the fact that I've been waiting for my refund since October, I still think the pin looks great and have recommended a friend talk to you about a potential purchase. He's got more expendable income than me right now.
Now...about that refund...

Quoted from Woidhauser:

I am also waiting for my refund since October last year.
First I love this project. Due to private reasons I had to cancel my order in September last year as Aimee from Heighway wrote me that there are only view weeks left to make the next payment. I was told sorry about the cancellation but I will get the refund till end October. But nothing, after several emails with no answer I got one from Jay, Heighway, that according refunds I should contact Andrew, but I never got an reply......

Quoted from Strohz:

Given the lack of action, I have been forced to file a chargeback with my credit card company. In fact I submitted 25 pages of supporting documents and emails about missed production deadlines and licensing delays over the past two years. If you haven't re-read this thread in quite a while, it really is eye-opening to go back to the beginning.
It’s a shame something I was so excited about has been soured by this refund experience, but I felt compelled to share it as it appears others have experienced similar frustrations.

#10436 2 years ago

Here we go again.

#10437 2 years ago

We apologise for any delays in refunds. There are a couple oustanding and they will be all sorted this coming week

#10438 2 years ago

Any ETA on the big gameplay video Andrew? Asking out of pure excitement

#10439 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any ETA on the big gameplay video Andrew? Asking out of pure excitement

It should be released before the end of the week (Friday 3rd) and the first games should ship by then as well

#10440 2 years ago

I just re watched the Ambush Multi and Big hunt teaser vids, all is well again. This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen on a pinball backglass.

14682068_10154736547018086_7728772361449785899_o (resized).jpg

#10441 2 years ago

I have an LE on order and I emailed Andrew and Co. this week and was told build in Feb. and should have it by Mar. I know dates have been missed but I'm still confident I will get my pin and I will be happy with the work that has gone into it.

#10442 2 years ago

I'm trying to organize a march for refunds...those 2 or 3 please attend.

#10443 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm trying to organize a march for refunds...those 2 or 3 please attend.

Should we wear a hat with flippers attached to the top?

#10444 2 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Should we wear a hat with flippers attached to the top?

As long as it's fireproof. I plan on flipping some cars and burning a couch if we can find one.

Couch (resized).jpg

#10445 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

As long as it's fireproof. I plan on flipping some cars and burning a couch if we can find one.

Is that a pinball machine burning? Oh the humanity!

#10446 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I went back and looked, and maybe there haven't been quite as many people complaining and publicly posting about the lack of a timely refund as I thought (one of the people who I talked to about his refund that I thought publicly posted did not) but it's more than "2 or 3."

This is a tiny bit alarming. I hope Heighway makes a solid push soon. Not going to lie, I'm starting to focus on class of 92-98 B/W for my next game.

#10447 2 years ago

It's beginning to seem like the complacency which once defined this thread is starting to wear thin...

#10448 2 years ago

RIP John

jh_alien (resized).jpg

#10449 2 years ago

RIP John Hurt. I was just 6 when I watched this movie for the first time. This scene haunted my dreams back then.

download (resized).jpg

Eh, well, forgive the dupe, browser didn't refresh

#10450 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

RIP John Hurt. I was just 6 when I watched this movie for the first time. This scene haunted my dreams back then.

Eh, well, forgive the dupe, browser didn't refresh

Ahhh yes... Spaceballs

RIP John Hurt

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside