pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 601.
#10001 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I disagree. I don't think many (if any) would pick up on this. People are just getting more and more nit picky with the longer this pin takes to be officially "finished".

Nit Picky really? I think it's a fair question the one I'm raising, I'm fine with the way it is - it looks great but since it's a pin for both Alien and Aliens I would've expected some Aliens artwork is all...

Those who are more of an Aliens fan (which chances are, possibly higher than Alien) and are getting one of these would probably prefer it to give off more a Aliens vibe on sight and it's only natural you'd want that - but yes it's not 100% necessary.

Quoted from accidental:

There was plenty of talk about it earlier in this thread when the cabinet artwork was revealed.

Thanks for the link was good to read the posts here.

-Sounds like the LE art package will be different (Excluding Playfield) so hopefully we will get something that represents Alien & Aliens or just Aliens, knowing that we'll also get the standard version as well.

It looks like this table was made to tie in with the Alien 35th Anniversary so I understand the Art design choices, The LE even says 35th anniversary edition but it would seem to me we already got that with the standard edition.

Chances are you're not needing this to be more Alien 79ish (how could it be?) - It would be cool however if 86 fans could get a package to do with the more recent Aliens 30th Anniversary.

#10002 7 years ago

I admit I don't know the difference between Alien and Aliens. I'm considering the pin once I see a bit more of it.

#10003 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I admit I don't know the difference between Alien and Aliens. I'm considering the pin once I see a bit more of it.

s

#10004 7 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

Nit Picky really? I think it's a fair question the one I'm raising, I'm fine with the way it is - it looks great but since it's a pin for both Alien and Aliens I would've expected some Aliens artwork is all...
Those who are more of an Aliens fan (which chances are, possibly higher than Alien) and are getting one of these would probably prefer it to give off more a Aliens vibe on sight and it's only natural you'd want that - but yes it's not 100% necessary.

Thanks for the link was good to read the posts here.
-Sounds like the LE art package will be different (Excluding Playfield) so hopefully we will get something that represents Alien & Aliens or just Aliens, knowing that we'll also get the standard version as well.
It looks like this table was made to tie in with the Alien 35th Anniversary so I understand the Art design choices, The LE even says 35th anniversary edition but it would seem to me we already got that with the standard edition.
Chances are you're not needing this to be more Alien 79ish (how could it be?) - It would be cool if 86 fans could get a package to do with the more recent Aliens 30th Anniversary.

You're kidding yourself if you think the average fan has any clue about the aesthetic differences between films. Super fans, as are swarming this thread, for sure. But not the general sci-fi / average Alien fan. I love sci-fi movies, enjoyed the Alien movies, and have even seen them multiple times. That said, I don't really distinguish between them aesthetically. As long as it looks like Alien the franchise, I think myself and the vast majority of general fans will be happy and be none the wiser.

#10005 7 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

How comes no-one is talking about the very specific "Alien" artwork on the sides and Backboard of this table?

The letter "i" in Alien is clearly styled from the Aliens movie, so the name incorporates both in one go. I'm much rather have had 'Alien' entirely in the 1979 movie font, but I see the need to blend both together. I'd also have much preferred this be strictly an 'Alien' pinball but that was only ever a dream.

#10006 7 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

This is what I was trying to say:

Quoted from Cheeks:

You're kidding yourself if you think the average fan has any clue about the aesthetic differences between films. Super fans, as are swarming this thread, for sure. But not the general sci-fi / average Alien fan. I love sci-fi movies, enjoyed the Alien movies, and have even seen them multiple times. That said, I don't really distinguish between them aesthetically. As long as it looks like Alien the franchise, I think myself and the vast majority of general fans will be happy and be none the wiser.

Thanks, Cheeks.

There is really no point in discussing the art on the cab at this point anyway. It's already been covered, and what do you expect to happen? Heighway to rework the art this late in the game to include both Alein and Aliens equally? It's fine as is IMO.

#10007 7 years ago

Shit, Ted! It took me 10 minutes to figure this out!

#10008 7 years ago

In case preordering the machine isn't enough for anyone, you can also preorder this for a nice topper:

http://geekologie.com/2017/01/own-your-own-3-foot-long-alien-xenomorph.php

#10009 7 years ago

...and yet, another choice!

Replica M56, also known as:

“that huge ass gun Vasquez and Drake use in the film.”

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10010 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It is really easy here is an AlienAline (resized).jpgAline (resized).jpg
And here are some Aliens aliens (resized).jpgaliens (resized).jpg

#10011 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

In case preordering the machine isn't enough for anyone, you can also preorder this for a nice topper:
http://geekologie.com/2017/01/own-your-own-3-foot-long-alien-xenomorph.php

You might wanna read the comments on that page before ordering that one... Seems a bit lame.

#10012 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ah, the M56 Smart Gun... one of the weapons you can earn in the game; when used, it spots the best available shot on the playfield (because it's, y'know, a smart gun... )

My wife (Julie -- people on the competitive circuit probably know her) and I have been playing games and trying to get used to using the different weapons. They really are the souped-up version of MB items / AC/DC VIP passes / etc, without being obtrusive, which was our intention when we designed them. Casual players can ignore them and just get modest extra points for having them. Intermediate players can jam the launch button when they drain and hope something good happens (perhaps spotting enough Xeno hits to start a multiball and thus override the drain). Advanced players can purposefully select the weapon they want to use at exactly the moment they want to use it. (This is hard!) It's pretty cool... nice to see a concept actually work out in practice the way it was envisioned.

#10013 7 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

You might wanna read the comments on that page before ordering that one... Seems a bit lame.

Oh, i won't be ordering it. Just passing it along. Thought the fact that it was also a preorder thing was pretty funny though.

#10014 7 years ago

So cool... !!
The bad news? The 9kg gun costs $US1200. But, they have payment plans, which is nice.
(Quoted from Gizmodo)

#10015 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

I'd also have much preferred this be strictly an 'Alien' pinball but that was only ever a dream.

actually im the opposite, id rather see an Aliens pinball, but thats just me. Im sure the pin will be fantastic anyway.

#10016 7 years ago

Any update Andrew regarding how builds are coming along? Are you looking on track to meet/make January dates you set at the end of last year? Would just be great to know now things are going, cannot wait to see these start shipping.

#10017 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any update Andrew regarding how builds are coming along? Are you looking on track to meet/make January dates you set at the end of last year? Would just be great to know now things are going, cannot wait to see these start shipping.

Just figure on March...and if it's earlier, you'll be surprised....

#10018 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:
We are running behind schedule - but not by much. The 20 Standard Edition games should now be ready to ship within 2 weeks of us returning on 2nd January.
Not much to say now till the 16th and hopefully that week something will be shipped, do I believe that? nope, but I hope I'm wrong.

I posted this before, thats this coming monday.

#10019 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just figure on March...and if it's earlier, you'll be surprised....

Personally I'd be surprised if it's before June or July, but people call me a pessimist.

#10020 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

23 Standards are on the line. Parts are arriving every day.

We are flat out finishing the first 3 games for EAG next week. This is the major European coin-op trade show in Europe.

We aim to have 3 x Aliens there and 3 x Full Throttles.

With heavy snowfall forecast over the next 24 hours, we are hoping the roads will be clear as more parts are due to be collected tomorrow.

Finishing off the other 20 SEs won't take long. Most parts are in stock. LEs still on course for next month.

#10021 7 years ago

We are often asked what the differences are between Standard Edition and Limited Edition models.

Here's our comparison chart, hot off the press...

comparison chart copy-page-001 (resized).jpgcomparison chart copy-page-001 (resized).jpg

#10022 7 years ago

Wow, so NO LCD in the backbox for the LE unless you pay the extra cost?

Woo wee, happier every day that I am ordering an SE with the beacon lights!

#10023 7 years ago

We are flat out finishing the first 3 games for EAG next week. This is the major European coin-op trade show in Europe.
With heavy snowfall forecast over the next 24 hours, we are hoping the roads will be clear as more parts are due to be collected tomorrow.
Finishing off the other 20 SEs won't take long. Most parts are in stock. LEs still on course for next month.

great news!

If you have time to share photos I am sure people would love to oggle them

I love seeing new games get built!

#10024 7 years ago

Ahhhh! The Blue trim package option on the LE finally revealed One can only assume now that the 2nd LE art package (back glass/side panels) is based on Aliens, and hopefully features the Queen.

Well that option is a no brainer! Blue trim it is Great option Andrew. Looking forward to the full reveal!

Edit: Also nice that black trim is also an option for LE owners too!

#10025 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ahhhh! The Blue trim package option on the LE finally revealed One can only assume now that the 2nd LE art package (back glass/side panels) is based on Aliens, and hopefully features the Queen.
Well that option is a no brainer! Blue trim it is Great option Andrew. Looking forward to the full reveal!
Edit: Also nice that black trim is also an option for LE owners too!

Please please please let this be true (Aliens blue art option for LE)...

#10026 7 years ago

please explain the blue. i thought alien was like a green theme.

#10027 7 years ago

Aliens blue, huh? I'm definitely interested in this depending on how the LE art turns out.

#10028 7 years ago

"Matt Black"

Heighway have invented a new paint sheen.

#10029 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Aliens-poster (resized).jpgAliens-poster (resized).jpg

#10031 7 years ago

ok if your into aliens. i can see it. it would match the blue playfield more. thanks for educating me on this!
dont know yet bl gr or blu
we should make a survey!

#10032 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

"Matt Black"
Heighway have invented a new paint sheen.

You know, it's comments like that that needlessly reinforc the idea that pinball manufacturers can't spell

#10033 7 years ago

Did Andrew just double the LE numbers by having 2 types of LEs?

Edit: No, there is only 1 LE, with 2 different trim options.

#10034 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

C'mon guys. In life, the anticipation is almost more fun than the realization anyway.

So... if you hop over to the skit b thread, there's a ton of fun over there, oh and also the jpop thread, I hear there's magic tricks and stuff.

Kidding aside, that was like saying "anticipating sex is almost more fun than the actual thing"

#10035 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

...and yet, another choice!

I live in KALIFORNIA so i'm not even allowed to look at that awesome gun, fake or not.

#10036 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Did Andrew just double the LE numbers by having 2 types of LEs?
Edit: No, there is only 1 LE, with 2 different trim options.

Wouldn't that be 1 LE with 3 different trim color options? Black, Green, or Blue.
Doubtful the LE numbers have been upped to 1500 by that logic though!

#10037 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

So... if you hop over to the skit b thread, there's a ton of fun over there, oh and also the jpop thread, I hear there's magic tricks and stuff.
Kidding aside, that was like saying "anticipating sex is almost more fun than the actual thing"

Hey, I said "almost"!

#10038 7 years ago

I like the blue option over the green but I'm hoping to see a picture of what kind of paint they are using. Hopefully it's metallic and not just a flat color.

#10039 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

One can only assume now that the 2nd LE art package (back glass/side panels) is based on Aliens, and hopefully features the Queen.

Where is the first LE art package?

#10040 7 years ago

Here in the UK because of the drop in the £ against the $ for pretty much the same price as a Stern Pro you can get Alien with the optional backbox LCD, shaker, topper and non-reflective glass.

If it plays and shoots well it's a no brainer.

Looking forward to feedback from EAG

#10041 7 years ago

Would love to see the final version with the full chrome option as well as high rez images of the other two in order to help me decide. I am definitely thinking chrome for this one though.

#10042 7 years ago

Wow, that is seat of the pants stuff! I hope you make it and don't have too many parts outstanding.

#10043 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

What the hell does that mean.. "like a green theme"??? It doesn't matter what Heighway releases for updates.. people are gonna reach to the far depths of obscurity to find things to complain about!!

#10044 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Not too much strobe, please!
sincerely,
A GOT owner

It shouldn't strobe the player. The playfield, display, and back box should be totally dark with a flasher spotlight strobing on the alien as it eats the ball.

#10045 7 years ago

Doesn't matter if the armour is pink and purple I plan on getting a SE with every available upgrade and going Alien gloss black with a hint of silver/grey for my armour

#10046 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It shouldn't strobe the player. The playfield, display, and back box should be totally dark with a flasher spotlight strobing on the alien as it eats the ball.

I like that idea but wouldn't want everything else of, it would maybe work better if the screens could almost appear faulty like the systems have crashed.

There where some scenes where monitors where just fuzz or broken displays, if animations replicating that could be done it would really immerse the player, like the characters where left feeling on there own

#10047 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What the hell does that mean.. "like a green theme"??? It doesn't matter what Heighway releases for updates.. people are gonna reach to the far depths of obscurity to find things to complain about!!

not complaining, I am very supportive of heighway, I fully paid for my le. I just wanted to know about the blue as I want as much information as I can get. the fellow pinsiders answered my question (the blue was for aliens) and now I have to decide between green, black, blue chrome.i for one just really want this pin already and don't care about the coffee can or the display.
I think its great they are offering many options.

#10048 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You shouldn't complain about the complainers!

#10049 7 years ago

Thank you for the information and update Andrew and best of luck to the entire team getting games shipped.

Will you be releasing any information on the official mods you teased/mentioned a few pages back? Do you have a list of potential ideas? I'll take a pulse rifle shooter handle and a MU-TH-UR 6000 credit button LCD touch pad

#10050 7 years ago

Will these be the same games you are bringing to TPF? I'm very excited to get a chance to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/201?hl=djkyrtgfsrfw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.